PDA

View Full Version : Will the 1st July Smoking Ban affect you in ktv/pubs ?

RaymndTan
14-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Will you stop going ktv/pubs ?

1tigerboy
14-06-2007, 02:02 AM
I will still continue going. It wouldnt affect me althought i am a smoker.

So with this ban, when i want to smoke i will go out of the pub and have a bluff...

tomvoyeur
14-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Not totally but it certainly take the sting out of clubbing / pubbing....

I was told sometime back by a pub owner that the club n pub owners r trying to postpone the blanket ban, guess the petition failed in the end....:(

WillamSexsphere
14-06-2007, 02:18 AM
hahaha...make your choice!

Go for girls or smoke outside/home? Not much of a choice for a cheongster. I'll bet cheongsters will rather give up smoking inside pubs than to give up on the girls. So come july, nightspots will certainly not be empty! Biz as usual:D

1tigerboy
14-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Not totally but it certainly take the sting out of clubbing / pubbing....

I was told sometime back by a pub owner that the club n pub owners r trying to postpone the blanket ban, guess the petition failed in the end....:(

In Singapore petition is useless, i can say. Our government say ban, mean ban... just like last time, chewing gum. they say ban because some stupid asshole go stick the gum on MRT Train. Now, can sell because it is good for your gum.

Gst go up to 7 percent, must go up.

ERP go up, must go up.

fax88
14-06-2007, 07:53 AM
I will still go clubbing or chiong Ktv,anyway we go there is to play not smoke,hence no big deal.

deuter
14-06-2007, 10:23 AM
juz how many bros here r actually smokers..
juz imagine the time we wld have spent goin in n out smokin?
ur havin ur drinks... u wana have a puff wif ur drink..
ur chattin tis gal up.. u wana have a puff..
alot of time spent on movin in n out juz to RELAX ourselves.. dun understand y even when we choose to relax ourselves at a NIGHT JOINT.. we also cant.. non smokers have to understand that this has long been a tradition of smokes alcohol n night life comes together..
every1 wana enjoy.. but how to enjoy when 90% of the crowd r actually havin their own party outside the joint.. smokin away?

CoolBlack
14-06-2007, 10:54 AM
When 1st July comes.....smoking ban will become a reality.
Although it might be difficult initially, but will get use to it.
Don't think that I am going to change my lifestyle just because they ban smoking in pub/KTV etc.
I will not allow such external factors deter me from enjoying myself.........unless they ban cigarettes altogether.....then I will be in deep shit!:D

suaveguy28
14-06-2007, 10:58 AM
COOL! COOL! Good for me cause i dont smoke.

I will only "smoke" my customer and CO when needed....:p

Optimus_Prime
14-06-2007, 11:32 AM
COOL! COOL! Good for me cause i dont smoke.

I will only "smoke" my customer and CO when needed....

And sometimes "smoke" your cheong buddies too hor by being pilot!! :D

Actually, I also prefer a non-smoking environment... actually this is more of wat will happen to the gals who are smokers !!

Less time for us ??

Cus now it's...
Butterfly + Smoke Break.... :(

Ibonk
14-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Actually, I also prefer a non-smoking environment... actually this is more of wat will happen to the gals who are smokers !!

Less time for us ??

Cus now it's...
Butterfly + Smoke Break.... :(

师兄!!!! U can try offer them yr "cigar" down there to help them curb the temption of smoking. :D

bangbangben
14-06-2007, 11:52 AM
When 1st July comes.....smoking ban will become a reality.
Although it might be difficult initially, but will get use to it.
Don't think that I am going to change my lifestyle just because they ban smoking in pub/KTV etc.
I will not allow such external factors deter me from enjoying myself.........unless they ban cigarettes altogether.....then I will be in deep shit!:D

SG will never ban cigarettes... cos SG Gahman $$$ minded.

1 packet of 20 stick ciggy bring S$7.50 of tax and duties... imagine how many ppl smoke in sg? half million??
hence 7.50 x 500000 = S$3,750,000

Sheesh! will u give up an income of 3.75 million if u the Gahman? They are simply putting an act to cover their sins! :mad:

newbadass
14-06-2007, 11:52 AM
师兄!!!! U can try offer them yr "cigar" down there to help them curb the temption of smoking. :D

Lidat no good lah.... wait they get addicted to the OP cigar how? Only so much to go around... :D

Devilzz
14-06-2007, 11:59 AM
SG will never ban cigarettes... cos SG Gahman $$$ minded.

1 packet of 20 stick ciggy bring S$7.50 of tax and duties... imagine how many ppl smoke in sg? half million??

Sheesh! will u give up an income of 3.75 million if u the Gahman? They are simply putting an act to cover their sins! :mad:bro,Well said.Singapore governement know our behaviour/culture ,we will complain and complain but never take action.Therefore end of the day,smokers like us will lan lan pay the high price and continue to smoke....:(

Optimus_Prime
14-06-2007, 12:11 PM
师兄!!!! U can try offer them yr "cigar" down there to help them curb the temption of smoking.
No need, heard the popular brand now is Del I De Bonk which many PD gals are smoking...heheh :D
Lidat no good lah.... wait they get addicted to the OP cigar how? Only so much to go around...
Then I intro them to Ssssnakes brand... it comes with added "Protein" once it's smoked finish...keke

edack
14-06-2007, 12:41 PM
it still makes me ponder though i know the economics of it ( btw im on off smoker ) that if they really want to curb ...why dont just stop selling ..like the gums

boss
14-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Sheesh! will u give up an income of 3.75 million if u the Gahman? They are simply putting an act to cover their sins! :mad:

And that's if the smoker smokes 1 packet of cig a day...which means
S$3,750,000 per day !!!!!!! (1 month will be mutiplying the figure by 30) It also looks like smokers are one of the biggest tax payer in singapore man...

I am anticipating the smoking ban on pubs & ktv as this ; The ban starts 1st July,& pubs & ktv owners to prevent inconvenience to their customers will then open a room for smokers to smoke inside it.The gals in KTVs will also go there to smoke,the gals meets the same customers she sat with from room 3,room 4 & room 5,she went to talk to & smoke with customer in room 3 (or maybe play or touch here touch there),room 4 & room 5 customer a little dipsy after a few drinks,gets jealous...then the rest of the customers in the smoking room will have a show to see,hehehehe.....

So,i will be expecting the smoking rooms in KTVs & Pubs to become a smokey Wrestling Ring...:D

Ibonk
14-06-2007, 01:00 PM
S$3,750,000 per day !!!!!!! (1 month will be mutiplying the figure by 30) It also looks like smokers are one of the biggest tax payer in singapore man...

I am anticipating the smoking ban on pubs & ktv as this ; The ban starts 1st July,& pubs & ktv owners to prevent inconvenience to their customers will then open a room for smokers to smoke inside it.The gals in KTVs will also go there to smoke,the gals meets the same customers she sat with from room 3,room 4 & room 5,she went to talk to & smoke with customer in room 3 (or maybe play or touch here touch there),room 4 & room 5 customer a little dipsy after a few drinks,gets jealous...then the rest of the customers in the smoking room will have a show to see,hehehehe.....

So,i will be expecting the smoking rooms in KTVs & Pubs to become a smokey Wrestling Ring...:D

Royal Rumble?

bangbangben
14-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Eh, i was expecting room4 and room5 customer to join in the fun of play or touchy touchy. Hence Smokey Orgy! :D

KCGun
14-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I welcome this Ban, cos i cannot smoke rite!

suaveguy28
14-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Eh, i was expecting room4 and room5 customer to join in the fun of play or touchy touchy. Hence Smokey Orgy!

Bro new ktv opening wanna join me bo?:p

SalaDo
14-06-2007, 03:00 PM
i'm a smoker but i seldom frequent these places so its quite ok for me too.

Tequila Pop
14-06-2007, 04:14 PM

hi there, how come your signature is link to Horsepower aka Mr Huige3387? :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmm.....Same old pattern as Mr Huige, always start a new thread with a query sentence with no opinion.!!!! :cool:

Bika
15-06-2007, 03:29 AM
What???!!! Cannot smoke??? Liquor and cigarettes go hand in hand leh!!!:p

yinyang
15-06-2007, 08:52 AM
What???!!! Cannot smoke??? Liquor and cigarettes go hand in hand leh!!!:p
You forgot to add chabor. More than hand in hand... leg over leg too, kekeke:p

Castrol
15-06-2007, 10:38 AM

i will quit everything and be a new man, cheong library and museum only. :D

yinyang
15-06-2007, 12:15 PM
..quit everything and be a new man, cheong library and museum only. :D
And progress on to be monk or pastor. Very noble leh... no cold turkey or withdrawal pains, ah? :p

Rub&Buah
15-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Im sure this will affect a lot of bros esp those who frequent GM/thai joints including myself.Just imagine,u are drinking & watching live band & wanna have a puff.u have to step out to do so & see alot of ppl puffing away while complaining abt the gahmen.

Just wonder how frequent will ppl step out to smoke.

RaymndTan
17-06-2007, 01:15 AM
.......Just imagine,u are drinking & watching live band & wanna have a puff.u have to step out to do so & see alot of ppl puffing away while complaining abt the gahmen.

Just wonder how frequent will ppl step out to smoke.
It's definitely a cultural and behavior change required. It'll be interesting to see how when the ban kicks in on 1st July.

Shuang_Jie_Gun
17-06-2007, 12:46 PM
it just make the air fresher to cheong.1st july faster come!! :D

R-K-O
17-06-2007, 04:44 PM
it just make the air fresher to cheong.1st july faster come!! :D

now then i know why i quit smoking 2 yrs ago. keke....:D

R-K-O

Castrol
18-06-2007, 12:53 PM
And progress on to be monk or pastor. Very noble leh... no cold turkey or withdrawal pains, ah? :p

progress on to live a boring life with nothing to ease the pain. :D

Looksee
18-06-2007, 02:57 PM
i will quit everything and be a new man, cheong library and museum only. :D

Nbzzzzzzzzz........cheong library and museum bo jio........

acer3939
18-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Nbzzzzzzzzz........cheong library and museum bo jio........They say hoh these two places got meimei 'peh du n peh cun' leh keke:)

Garage1
18-06-2007, 03:16 PM
soon, everybody will hang out in the smoking room instead..

TCSG
18-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Well at least it is better then a long distant flight to anywhere that need a flight time of more then 4 hrs.
At least we still can walk out of the joint for a 5-10 minutes smoke break. Imagine the goverment decide Singapore to become a smoke free place, me first one will leave the country...:D
Maybe will visit KTV lesser but don't think will be able to cut it totally after the Law come in effect. If not no place to teh neh neh liao.

birdie8819
18-06-2007, 04:17 PM
now then i know why i quit smoking 2 yrs ago. keke....:D

R-K-O

That's really good for you bro R-K-O , I've been smoking for more than 20 years really hard to quit and the last time I travel to Taiwan really buay tahan , once reached destination niah faster find a smoking place to smoke and on flight one hour before touch down almost want to smoke but ops to drink whisky almost quarrel with the air stewarders (hehehehe) a bit high liao (very dangerous - lucky OC around) .
Have try quitting b4 for one day almost wana die like that but will try harder . Well 2 9 is driniking night and in 13-14 days time no choice lor if drinking in pubs/clubs time want to smoke well just to walk out . :(

Castrol
18-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Nbzzzzzzzzz........cheong library and museum bo jio........

next month then start, i make library card for you first. :D

Rof|maoxz
25-06-2007, 06:51 PM
* Ammonia - found in toilet cleaners.
* Acetone - found in nail varnish remover.
* Cadmium - a highly poisonous metal used in batteries.
* Vinyl chloride - used to make PVC.
* Napthtalene - used in moth balls.

* Carbon monoxide - lethal gas in your car exhaust fumes - a poisonous gas that is produced when things burn and is commonly given off by exhausts and gas fires as well as cigarette smoke. In large amounts, such as from a faulty gas fire, it is rapidly fatal, while in small amounts, as when someone smokes a cigarette, it will cut down the efficiency of the smoker's breathing.

* Tar - the stuff cigarette smoke deposits in your lungs and clogs them up. Once inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70 per cent of the tar is deposited in the lungs. Condensed tar is a sticky brown substance that stains fingers and teeth a yellow-brown colour.

* Nicotine - the powerful and fast-acting drug behind addiction. When tobacco smoke is inhaled, nicotine is absorbed into the bloodstream. Immediate physiological effects include increased heart rate and a rise in blood pressure.

* Cyanide - used in the gas chambers.
* Formaldehyde - used to preserve dead bodies.
* Arsenic - poison.

So many harmful chemicals.... still want to smoke meh? :D

SanityManz
27-06-2007, 04:52 PM
if still want to smoke and cheong can go to JB cheong the ktv,pub there. value for money and no restrictions

Optimus_Prime
27-06-2007, 05:09 PM
* Carbon monoxide - lethal gas in your car exhaust fumes

* Tar - the stuff cigarette smoke deposits in your lungs and clogs them up.

* Cyanide - used in the gas chambers.
* Formaldehyde - used to preserve dead bodies.
* Arsenic - poison.

So many harmful chemicals.... still want to smoke meh?
Not actually defending smokers... but this is like telling cheongsters...

STDs
HIV
Herpes
etc etc

Still wanna cheong meh ?

The answer is: I know harmful but SHIOK lei !! :D

yinyang
27-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Not actually defending smokers... but this is like telling cheongsters... STDs HIV Herpes etc etc..Still wanna cheong meh ?
The answer is: I know harmful but SHIOK lei !! :D
Bro, got to give it to you -best response (however flawed) kekeke. Like speed kills BUT thrills. Shiokadoo :p

tomvoyeur
28-06-2007, 12:45 PM
if still want to smoke and cheong can go to JB cheong the ktv,pub there. value for money and no restrictions

JB is facing up a rampant crime spree at the moment....Too dangerous to go over at the moment man...:o

JWNY
28-06-2007, 01:02 PM
i'm submitting tender to open "JWNY's smoke shop" - entry is S$10 (re-entry free if shop is not full) and air conditioned with television and cable for footy. No alcohol or drinks...pay to smoke, ash trays & lighters provided. Hopefully, sell cigarettes too...

support my shop :)

ps: round tables or long tables better?

JWNY (ret.)

yinyang
28-06-2007, 01:16 PM
i'm submitting tender to open "JWNY's smoke shop" - entry is S$10 ....pay to smoke, ash trays & lighters provided. Hopefully, sell cigarettes too...ps: round tables or long tables better?
Premium: better still, got puyings to light our ciggies (or cigars)? Gold class: smoke with you:p

Garage1
28-06-2007, 08:21 PM
i'm submitting tender to open "JWNY's smoke shop" - entry is S$10 (re-entry free if shop is not full) and air conditioned with television and cable for footy. No alcohol or drinks...pay to smoke, ash trays & lighters provided. Hopefully, sell cigarettes too...

support my shop :)

ps: round tables or long tables better?

JWNY (ret.)

good idea! can forsee the place will be very dimly lighted! best with NEON light,
no need table... best will be invest in LEATHER massage chair , with cable tv , relaxing massage chair , dim surrounding, brothers , and fav marlboro..
I WILL pay to enter this shop :D

Botarbolampar
28-06-2007, 11:30 PM
http://i16.tinypic.com/61yezd0.jpg

Smoking ban on 1st JULY - St James Power Station

JWNY
29-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Premium: better still, got puyings to light our ciggies (or cigars)? Gold class: smoke with you My my...men's pursuit to happiness is endless :D good idea! can forsee the place will be very dimly lighted! best with NEON light,
no need table... best will be invest in LEATHER massage chair , with cable tv , relaxing massage chair , dim surrounding, brothers , and fav marlboro..
I WILL pay to enter this shop you my bro free lah...but leather massage chair is those must put gold coin type hor...:p

JWNY (ret.)

theUnforgotten
29-06-2007, 09:50 AM
My my...men's pursuit to happiness is endless :D you my bro free lah...but leather massage chair is those must put gold coin type hor...:p

JWNY (ret.)

Ever considered going cold turkey and Quiting la--same as you have "retired" from both Bonking and disco scene.

cheers

SonicGear
29-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I feel personally maybe for smokers like myself will just go outside or the smoking room provided to have a puff. Although abit ma fan but no choice, since a smoker have to abide by the law too. :D

evilspawnsss
29-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I feel personally maybe for smokers like myself will just go outside or the smoking room provided to have a puff. Although abit ma fan but no choice, since a smoker have to abide by the law too. :D

Dun smoke lor...smoke so much for wat?QUIT! :D

Ronsee
29-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Dun smoke lor...smoke so much for wat?QUIT! :D

I smoked for almost 16 yrs and quit about 2 yrs ago. Withdrawal symptons is tough to handle at first cause chionging always drink + women + smoke :D

Anyway now after 2 yrs finally got over it and glad the smoking ban will not have such a big impact on me.

Good thing is every month save 100s of dollars on cigarettes and can have more $ to chiong and bonk ceweks.

Just my 2 cents

evilspawnsss
29-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I smoked for almost 16 yrs and quit about 2 yrs ago. Withdrawal symptons is tough to handle at first cause chionging always drink + women + smoke :D

Anyway now after 2 yrs finally got over it and glad the smoking ban will not have such a big impact on me.

Good thing is every month save 100s of dollars on cigarettes and can have more $ to chiong and bonk ceweks.

Just my 2 cents

Bro how u do it leh..i oso wan quit leh but hor..haiz...kinda of hard...need so "women" moral support hee hee :D

seaweed
29-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Nope...i actually welcome e idea, i'm a smoker myself, and its good that i can cut down..if not smoke like choo choo train, and best of all, wont go home reek of ciggy smell! :)

AmericanExpress
29-06-2007, 11:44 AM
i am a smoker but i am gettin disgruntle and bei song leh with goverment i realy dont mind price go up but even restrict where i smoke? might as well ban smoking i dare the goverment ppl like me work so hard pay tax end of day i just ask my fair share of women alcohol and smoking pleasure :( goverment doing this is not good at all pap apologists will sure zap me for this post :o

suteerak1099
29-06-2007, 11:50 AM
it sure has been a big joke ever since they introduced the yellow box sitting at kopitiam. smokers cant get smoker seat, nevermind, purposely stand somethere (up wind) & smoke happily... then the breeze will carry the smoke down wind. very soon they might impose windsock regulations at all kopitiam, so smokers can smoke at the correct place (down wind).

as for the no smoking in pubs/disco, its lagi more ridiculous lah. entertainment places pay their dues & licences for retail of alcohol + tobacco. then now, consumers are restricted, as there's less liberty as to when & where they can puff. so y they hell should the joints pay so much for the licensing???

as for me, the regulation is not a deterrent for me to cease patornizing any joint. the only set back is the inconvenience.... no big deal.... gives me more reason to love my country, loathe the system.

evilspawnsss
29-06-2007, 12:03 PM
it sure has been a big joke ever since they introduced the yellow box sitting at kopitiam. smokers cant get smoker seat, nevermind, purposely stand somethere (up wind) & smoke happily... then the breeze will carry the smoke down wind. very soon they might impose windsock regulations at all kopitiam, so smokers can smoke at the correct place (down wind).

as for the no smoking in pubs/disco, its lagi more ridiculous lah. entertainment places pay their dues & licences for retail of alcohol + tobacco. then now, consumers are restricted, as there's less liberty as to when & where they can puff. so y they hell should the joints pay so much for the licensing???

as for me, the regulation is not a deterrent for me to cease patornizing any joint. the only set back is the inconvenience.... no big deal.... gives me more reason to love my country, loathe the system.

Sooner or later Sg cannot anyhow smoke liao...U will see yellow boxes everywhere.. "Recuit!Smoke in yellow box!" hahaha

Castrol
29-06-2007, 12:23 PM

another thing is that such premises like pubs and other night spots are for adults' entertainment. unlike coffee shops or restaurants, those places are not for kids or pregnant women, not just becos of the smoke, its also becos of the loud music and heavy consumption of alcohol by other customers.

to pay the kind of price for pub and ktv drinks but only can smoke in designated areas is a screw up, but i am quite sure more ladies will be joining the party crowd soon as many of them shun night spots due to the smoke. :D

bonkers69
29-06-2007, 12:35 PM
i'm not a smoker , hope all pubs ban can be successful.
At least when go JC pub , no smoke smell on my shirt . OC won't find out ....:D

Shuang_Jie_Gun
29-06-2007, 12:37 PM
so fast got smoking area floor plan liao sia.hahahha~~

yinyang
29-06-2007, 12:45 PM
..only can smoke in designated areas is a screw up,.
Irony of yellow box (smokes) junction in hawker centres and kopitiams, kena hijack by non-smokers. Perhaps shd make it mandatory for smoking here, as not displace puffers? Just smoky thoughts hehehe:p

sherrry
29-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Sooner or later Sg cannot anyhow smoke liao...U will see yellow boxes everywhere.. "Recuit!Smoke in yellow box!" hahaha The yellow boxes they draw have not insignia or hologram endorsement. In order to beat the system, hang a yellow frame in front of face, want to smoke? Own time own target carry on. :D

If they insist the box is to be indicated on the floor, also easy to solve. Just bring along yellow duct-tape & paste on the floor, when need to puff.

suteerak1099
29-06-2007, 03:40 PM
another thing is that such premises like pubs and other night spots are for adults' entertainment. unlike coffee shops or restaurants, those places are not for kids or pregnant women, not just becos of the smoke, its also becos of the loud music and heavy consumption of alcohol by other customers.

to pay the kind of price for pub and ktv drinks but only can smoke in designated areas is a screw up, but i am quite sure more ladies will be joining the party crowd soon as many of them shun night spots due to the smoke. :D like some other bro said, tobacco/alcohol + pubs/night joints inseperable like horse+carraige. to ban or restrict smoking in pubs/night joints, as as though they're censoring R21 films until its suitable for G rated viewers.

in other words, our island has a habit of imposing systems that is typical of 脱裤子放屁

wait till the IR come out lor, i'm sure there'd be even more joke to come along.

evilspawnsss
29-06-2007, 04:01 PM
The yellow boxes they draw have not insignia or hologram endorsement. In order to beat the system, hang a yellow frame in front of face, want to smoke? Own time own target carry on. :D

If they insist the box is to be indicated on the floor, also easy to solve. Just bring along yellow duct-tape & paste on the floor, when need to puff.

Yeah idea hor hahaah creative man hee hee...den yellow duct going to b good sale hee hee

ah_phah
29-06-2007, 05:17 PM
aiyah, last time in army times the lao-chek also tong buey tiao. smokers must smoke inside the @#$@#@% yellow box. but they forget parade square is the @#$@#@% biggest yellow box.

now they want ban smoking inside pub-discos. i think is sipeh chek-ark. those bar\pub\disco licens for smoke + alchol already not cheap. now the people can drink canot smoke. then lidat go pub drink only, where got shiok?

lagi best is must smoke inside the smoking corner? i think soon people all will be hanging out at hotel smoking lobby, bobian, is not bcos want act class or be attas, bt is lppl, no other place to drink + smoke + be happy.

ah_phah
29-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah idea hor hahaah creative man hee hee...den yellow duct going to b good sale hee hee last time my lau-chek personal yellow box is his mouth. other ppl canot see the yellow line, only he can see the line.

use the yellow colour insulator tape paste around the mouth, then smoke lor. if ppl ask, just say "my lau-chek teach me wan" :D

Castrol
29-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Irony of yellow box (smokes) junction in hawker centres and kopitiams, kena hijack by non-smokers. Perhaps shd make it mandatory for smoking here, as not displace puffers? Just smoky thoughts hehehe

thats why nowadays when i am drinking beer in the kopitiam, one may think we have a big reunion or something but actually i may only know 2 of them, the rest all lompang table becos smoker tables all full house. :D

in other words, our island has a habit of imposing systems that is typical of 脱裤子放屁

thats the best way to describe the days of our lives in hot sunny spore. :D

Garage1
29-06-2007, 09:40 PM
monday ciggies price go up by 40cents!
again and again!!!!!!!!! :mad:

tomvoyeur
30-06-2007, 03:44 AM
I feel personally maybe for smokers like myself will just go outside or the smoking room provided to have a puff. Although abit ma fan but no choice, since a smoker have to abide by the law too.

Mayb can pick up smoking hot babes there too....:D

Dun smoke lor...smoke so much for wat?QUIT!

A leopard never changes its spots LOL..........

Did the govt reduce the licensing fees since they want to tobacco is now out of the equation in pubs / clubs?? :rolleyes:

again and again!!!!!!!!!

Wtf!!!!!

yinyang
30-06-2007, 10:46 AM
...drinking beer in the kopitiam, one may think we have a big reunion or something but actually i may only know 2 of them, the rest all lompang table becos smoker tables all full house.
Err... more chance to bum a ciggie (from fraternity) when you short?:p

suteerak1099
30-06-2007, 11:07 AM
...... Did the govt reduce the licensing fees since they want to tobacco is now out of the equation in pubs / clubs?? erh.... as for this, i'm not pub/disco operator, so i dunno the details, bt then again... this is sillypore leh. where got so good...? they giving out gimmick perks for propaganda reasons, surely must find means n ways to recover the losses, in double or triple fold mah.

GST+2%, they say is small surge from the existing 5% mah, but as they say in thai, "dai ngeun, tilak lek tilak noy"

ah_phah
30-06-2007, 11:34 AM

thats the best way to describe the days of our lives in hot sunny spore. :D use to it liao loh. tng koh pang pui is not unusual la. lagi better, they understand waht is call "bor sia bor sng" = 'no sound no count'. so they no need our approval, they happy happy declare anything they like.

want sell hoonkee + alcohol, make ppl buy the farking exp licens, then say must have yellow box, then now pub disco also must have smoker zone. no meaning liao lah. now on road got bus lane, i think soon on the road will have bicycle lane, motor lane, taxi lane, lorry+pick up lane, car lane, 12wheel+tua-daw lane. maybe next time take lift also must use ERP system.

i think is about time they should teach us to sing "$ no enough" instead of all the chapalang song. simi hand in hand... simi strong and free. "$ no enough" more realisitc lah.

ah_phah
30-06-2007, 11:43 AM
again and again!!!!!!!!! :mad: walan eh! CCB! stock market not say everyday up so many cent. employer contribute CPF also never adjust back to level 20%. sign........ got $ also will kena ahchako until no $.

yinyang
30-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Wtf!!!!!:
monday ciggies price go up by 40cents! again and again!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Kns, surely this can only add to their woes on illegal ciggies...?:(

Garage1
30-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Kns, surely this can only add to their woes on illegal ciggies...?:(

yeah man, tried the illegal ciggies, tasted bad and ALWAYS give u cough.. cant even tell whet they are FAKE ones or indo,pinoy,or malaysia ones..

tomvoyeur
30-06-2007, 02:07 PM
GST+2%, they say is small surge from the existing 5% mah, but as they say in thai, "dai ngeun, tilak lek tilak noy"

This garmen really something....increase GST/transport fees/ciggies prices, n to show their solidarity with fellow sporeans, they increase their own pay....WTF!!! :mad:

This leads me to think how can the ruling party win by so much margin when u hear so many ppl complaining abt their after-election antics year after year......Am I just hanging out with the minority of sporeans?? :confused:

Kns, surely this can only add to their woes on illegal ciggies...?

This is what the garmen do best.....indirectly create more jobs in the military n police force by implementing such policies....This will come one big circle when the MHA minister say must increase his surbordinates' pay coz they r doing more things, i.e stopping illegal ciggies from entering spore...

JWNY
30-06-2007, 03:10 PM
again and again!!!!!!!!! :mad: thought you back in BKK bro? why so hot? jai yen :)

JWNY

WillamSexsphere
30-06-2007, 10:28 PM
sigh...i'm with you, brothers, for i am a smoker myself.

But come another 2 hrs time, i will have to smoke my last ciggie in a pub. Will take a pic and show to my future generations how ciggie was allowed to be smoked in a pub.

C'mon guys, it aint just a singapore thing. It's all over the world. The entire civilised world had wage war against ciggerates, even cash rich ciggie MNCs also kenot win to lobby against it. Soon, you will not be considered civilised if you smoke, and against the flood of humanity.

In truth, bros, you all know the harmful effects of smoking, me too. The civilise world would not ban smoking if it's against human rights and not absolutely necessary to have a better health, but ban it, the world did, and in a very much civilise manner. In singapore, more so, we had 2 yrs to kick the habit, and not in public, just in pubs. Heck! even some of our ministers smoke too, probably why the leniency.

Look on the bright side, we can still smoke in pub smoke rooms or outside of pubs. It's not a total ban yet. We have enough stress in real life as it is, so cheer up and dont let the partial ban spoil yer day in a pub - the music, the camaraderie of fellow cheongster bros, drinks and the girls. Don't fight the world.

And if you can, take this opportunity of high social and financial costs of smoking to kick the habit totally. At least now, the govt is giving you to opportunity to blame them in order to help and assist you to give up smoking. At least someone to vent your frustration at, a national habit, hahaha.

Let's support one another to kick the habit, bros......sigh:(

asdfghjkl
30-06-2007, 11:39 PM
go inside toilet to smoke.. the PAP cannot enforce smokers in kopitiam so they will also fail again.

btw, more than a hundred pubs had applied for a smoking license, so bros could go there instead.

tomvoyeur
01-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Let's support one another to kick the habit, bros......sigh.

Wise words....But quit drinking will help us save more dollars n cents LOL....;)

btw, more than a hundred pubs had applied for a smoking license, so bros could go there instead.

But they still have to adhere to the smoking zone regulation........:o

Shuang_Jie_Gun
01-07-2007, 12:36 PM
No more smoking in pubs!!Yeah!!Paiseh to all smoking bros. :o

Tiger Beer
01-07-2007, 02:05 PM
go inside toilet to smoke.. the PAP cannot enforce smokers in kopitiam so they will also fail again.

What's the purpose of ban smoking, then issue smoking license ? LPPL :confused:

sonic youth
01-07-2007, 03:49 PM
ban smoking - will get them even more well-liked by those politically-correct citizens (tosspots, wassocks), hence more votes (= increase in ministers' pay). furthermore, not much money involved in the campaign what.

issue smoking license - $$$$.

tomvoyeur
01-07-2007, 05:21 PM
No more smoking in pubs!!Yeah!!Paiseh to all smoking bros.

Signs...the passing of an era......:o

Next time we will have the privilege of awing our grandchildren with our smoking antics in pubs/clubs LOL....:p

suteerak1099
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
This garmen really something....increase GST/transport fees/ciggies prices, n to show their solidarity with fellow sporeans, they increase their own pay....WTF!!! :mad:

This leads me to think how can the ruling party win by so much margin when u hear so many ppl complaining abt their after-election antics year after year......Am I just hanging out with the minority of sporeans?? bobian, maybe voters think that by crossing out the undesired logo, means wanting them out... without realising that its actually voting for the undesired party??? i dunno... bt i seriously think that's quite possible. (cos ppl usually have the concept that putting a tick is mark of approval, putting a cross means disapproval)

if not, then perhaps they should fall back to the 4D/ TOTO system, shade the wanted box... [1] or [2]... i'm sure this system cant go wrong.

suteerak1099
02-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Wise words....But quit drinking will help us save more dollars n cents LOL bro... wanna quite drinking??? got cheaper alternative liao... n its readily available in the mkt.... here's wat i found:
".........The active ingredients listed on Listerine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listerine) bottles are menthol, thymol, methyl salicylate, and eucalyptol. Ethanol is present in concentrations of 21.6% in the flavored product and 26% in the original gold Listerine Antiseptic......."

get tipsy on listerine, have fresh smelling breath.. think the GRO butterflies would be queing for a friendly kiss with tongue if permisable. :D

tomvoyeur
02-07-2007, 12:30 PM
i dunno... bt i seriously think that's quite possible. (cos ppl usually have the concept that putting a tick is mark of approval, putting a cross means disapproval)

Mayb this holds true for the older voters but this ignorance cannot possibly account for 66.6% of approval votes for the ruling party LOL....

get tipsy on listerine, have fresh smelling breath.. think the GRO butterflies would be queing for a friendly kiss with tongue if permisable.

Nice one dude! But after I down the listerine, I might as well hope for a friendly kiss from the pretty nurses in my ward LOL....:D

Anw, I just came back from a smoke-free night of drinking at SJPS last night....It just seems abit weird to have to walk to the smoking room for a puff when ur urges arise....But the smoking room is conveinently located within the premises to minimize inconveinence so still not too bad....The best part is my clothes still reek of my cologne after 6 hrs of drinking, a stark constrast to the previously tobacco-tainted odour....;)

ah_phah
02-07-2007, 12:33 PM
next time, i think children or gran children no chance to try anything lah.

last time, no spitting, no chewingum
then, no hoonkee\alchol for under 18
then, no pager\hanphone ring in cinema, no outside food\drink
then, no smoking at bustop or public waiting area
then now, no smoking in pub\disco\nighclub

ah_phah
02-07-2007, 12:37 PM
.............. if not, then perhaps they should fall back to the 4D/ TOTO system, shade the wanted box... [1] or [2]... i'm sure this system cant go wrong. then at the same time, the singaporpool can place bet also. 1 x 2, -1.5k vote, total estimat vote :eek: :D

JWNY
02-07-2007, 12:41 PM
next time, i think children or gran children no chance to try anything lah. more excuse bring my little boy to Poseidon now...and tell mummy we go field trip :D

JWNY

tomvoyeur
02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
more excuse bring my little boy to Poseidon now...and tell mummy we go field trip

The how r u gg to tell mummy which forest did u guys go to??? ;)

yinyang
02-07-2007, 12:45 PM
....best part is my clothes still reek of my cologne after 6 hrs of drinking, a stark constrast to the previously tobacco-tainted odour....
Not chabor's gucci or similiar...? hehehe:p

JWNY
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
The how r u gg to tell mummy which forest did u guys go to??? ;) the forrest where Snow White got lost...:D

JWNY

yinyang
02-07-2007, 12:53 PM
..forrest where Snow White got lost
..how r u gg to tell mummy which forest did u guys go to???
Visit chocolate factory... only trouble, tom cannot resist putting his hand into candy jar. :p

ah_phah
02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Mayb this holds true for the older voters but this ignorance cannot possibly account for 66.6% of approval votes for the ruling party LOL.... where not possibl. ageing populatino more than younger population ley. mostly old people above 50yrs old stay most of the ruling party homebase also ley.

....The best part is my clothes still reek of my cologne after 6 hrs of drinking, a stark constrast to the previously tobacco-tainted odour....;) acually, got smoke smell can tell OC you go la-kopi with freinds, bt now only cologne smell, OC sure suspect you go la-sap bar ley. if got find lipstick stain or pwder colour on shirt, then siao liao, ear sure drop

ah_phah
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
more excuse bring my little boy to Poseidon now...and tell mummy we go field trip :D

JWNY then wait mummy also curious for fied trip then how?

suteerak1099
02-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Mayb this holds true for the older voters but this ignorance cannot possibly account for 66.6% of approval votes for the ruling party LOL....
where not possibl. ageing populatino more than younger population ley. mostly old people above 50yrs old stay most of the ruling party homebase also ley. never really crossed my mind, but to some extent i think commando ah phah has a point too. n i wouldnt mind if they adopted the 4D-toto system of shading boxes. definately alot more discreet.

...I might as well hope for a friendly kiss from the pretty nurses in my ward LOL.... bro, down listerine no need nurse supervision lah... haha... unless u having cosplay hehehe.

....But the smoking room is conveinently located within the premises to minimize inconveinence so still not too bad....The best part is my clothes still reek of my cologne after 6 hrs of drinking, a stark constrast to the previously tobacco-tainted odour....;)
... bt now only cologne smell, OC sure suspect you go la-sap bar ley. if got find lipstick stain or pwder colour on shirt, then siao liao, ear sure drop u got a point there, thats y must either have strong air freshener in car, or standby your own perfume to drown the smell lor.

suteerak1099
02-07-2007, 02:21 PM
The how r u gg to tell mummy which forest did u guys go to???

the forrest where Snow White got lost... the forrest that snow white got lost? or the 1 that pochahontas lives in? ;) :D

tomvoyeur
03-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Not chabor's gucci or similiar...? hehehe

Not leh.....Btw, I saw a cutie manager working at DF ytd night.....Will RTH on another sun soon to check her out.....:p

Visit chocolate factory... only trouble, tom cannot resist putting his hand into candy jar.

But the candy jar only has a sweet smelling oyster LOL...........

bro, down listerine no need nurse supervision lah... haha... unless u having cosplay hehehe.

u got a point there, thats y must either have strong air freshener in car, or standby your own perfume to drown the smell lor.

Dun tempt me with cosplay hor...Slurp slurp........:p

But how to tell OC ur underwear also got such strong perfume LOL????

picdump
03-07-2007, 04:43 AM
:) Will go more often as no more smelly smoky around:) Bravo

yinyang
03-07-2007, 09:29 AM
..saw a cutie manager working at DF ytd night.....Will RTH on another sun soon to check her..
Wah sei, return to haunt (RTD) her? Sun's probably quiet for your endeavours... unless it's her day off kekeke:p Your posts at unearthly hours say so much of your lifestyle, eh?

tomvoyeur
03-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Wah sei, return to haunt (RTD) her? Sun's probably quiet for your endeavours... unless it's her day off kekekeYour posts at unearthly hours say so much of your lifestyle, eh?

Return to Hunt la....:D Sunday nite is better than friday n sat nite for me coz I dun enjoy too crowded places anyway.....

As u can see, I m a nite owl, preying on the weak at nite LOL....:p

suteerak1099
03-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Dun tempt me with cosplay hor...Slurp slurp........ oops... but bro, u suggested to have kiss from nurse after u down the listerine leh... hehehe... unless u already ethanol intoxication after downing the listerine lah... heheh

But how to tell OC ur underwear also got such strong perfume LOL???? just cook up story, tell OC, specially prepared for her, say feeling horny lor... maybe she might find the fragrance irresistable... automatic give u a BBBJ leh...? no harm trying lah.

theUnforgotten
03-07-2007, 03:09 PM
TWO WORDs : COLD TURKEY

another two words : Nicotine Patch

last One word : Quit - or reduce it to minimal so that u dont get the urge too often. Lung cancer is no joke.

Ah Des
03-07-2007, 03:30 PM
I go ktv the waiters & waitresses all peep into my room check for who smoking. Kill the mood :mad:

liquor73
03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
how can they stop selling cigratte, but can stop selling gum, most of the smoker are business people, while the gum only small little buddy group of people, if they stop selling cigratte, the business in sg might appear a big issue. keke.:) :D

andylau_hk
03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
since pub & ktv, non smoker seldom go even some won't go, now, stop smoking, it's meaning, smoker slower won't go as the same logic. So, this is gonna to said, garman wants all the pub & ktv either pay your high rental with GST increase or gonna to close down soon..Good luck to those small small pub already loh.

Down here really have no fun, only work, sleep, work , sleep!! Pay bills, work, sleep, work, sleep, pay bills...at the end, guess who enjoying the fun?

ah_phah
04-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Down here really have no fun, only work, sleep, work , sleep!! Pay bills, work, sleep, work, sleep, pay bills...at the end, guess who enjoying the fun? obviouly only those collecting $ at the end is the 1 having all the fun lor. our job is realy getting paid to pay them lor.

Castrol
04-07-2007, 01:57 PM
now, stop smoking, it's meaning, smoker slower won't go as the same logic.

yeah its true, i also dont know how to get used to it. its nonsensical and tiring to walk away to smoke and come back. how many times? 10 times? 20 times? fuck lah, now i think of going to lim lim tonight also sian.

during next election, whichever party say they will lift the ban will get my vote. :D

JWNY
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Down here really have no fun, only work, sleep, work , sleep!! Pay bills, work, sleep, work, sleep, pay bills...at the end, guess who enjoying the fun? careful bro...that is seditious (wall have ears) :)

JWNY

theUnforgotten
04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
careful bro...that is seditious (wall have ears) :)

JWNY

Dont be so scared, Even though we don't live in a Liberal democracy, We aint living in a totalitarian State either.

But alas ,Many things are not right with the way it is being run.

Just get back to work and "enjoy" as much as we can hopefully within the confines of the law.

P.S: personally I support this ban on smoking in pubs , though i smoke occasionally too:D

no_faith
04-07-2007, 02:46 PM
so now ktvs and pubs setting up room in the premises for smokers only like yellow box?

tomvoyeur
05-07-2007, 03:08 AM
during next election, whichever party say they will lift the ban will get my vote.

What makes u think there will be opposition in ur ward in the next GE?? ;)

so now ktvs and pubs setting up room in the premises for smokers only like yellow box?

More chance to get cozy with a smoking hot babe???? :rolleyes:

Castrol
05-07-2007, 09:09 AM
What makes u think there will be opposition in ur ward in the next GE?? ;)

i will be the opposition. ;)

yinyang
05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
i will be the opposition. ;)
Smokers United? May audience remain smoking during speech. Walkabout with ciggie handouts?:p

Castrol
05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Smokers United? May audience remain smoking during speech. Walkabout with ciggie handouts?:p

SUP - smokers united party, sponsored by marlboro. party slogan - dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly. :D

tomvoyeur
05-07-2007, 12:26 PM
SUP - smokers united party, sponsored by marlboro. party slogan - dont drink and drive, just smoke and fly.

Marlboro's sponsorship will be deemed as a direct foreign influence in domestic affairs and will not b allowed under election laws......We need a local backing like SBF, a thorough-bred sporean company, to escape srutiny.....:D

wishwell
06-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Marlboro's sponsorship will be deemed as a direct foreign influence in domestic affairs and will not b allowed under election laws......We need a local backing like SBF, a thorough-bred sporean company, to escape srutiny.....:D

u must be joking.. :D

tomvoyeur
06-07-2007, 02:36 AM
u must be joking..

I maybe joking but if we have Uncle Sam to back up bro Castrol in the next GE, SUP will definitely be a serious force to be reckon with LOL.......:D

Castrol
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I maybe joking but if we have Uncle Sam to back up bro Castrol in the next GE, SUP will definitely be a serious force to be reckon with LOL.......:D

with sbf BOSS' support i sure win lah, but meantime before the next GE, try not to kanna smoke fines... :D

JWNY
06-07-2007, 03:20 PM
show us your manifesto first...i want LD banned also and OKTs to be registered :D

JWNY

Castrol
06-07-2007, 03:27 PM
show us your manifesto first...i want LD banned also and OKTs to be registered :D

JWNY

bro this is spore, not sicily... :D

yinyang
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
bro this is spore, not sicily...
show us your manifesto first...i want LD banned also and OKTs to be registered ...
Rallies will be at GM, GL and other haunts. How's NMP? = Nominated Mafia Penis :p

JWNY
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
i will conduct my rally at Mohamed Sultan, I-Barr

"Help me, Help you" - JWNY

JWNY

tomvoyeur
07-07-2007, 05:12 AM
with sbf BOSS' support i sure win lah, but meantime before the next GE, try not to kanna smoke fines...

Have seen some patrons sneaking a smoke at Zouk just now.....Anw the smoking zones at Zouk r all outdoor!! Damn bloody hot man!! Will not go back again soon! :(

i will conduct my rally at Mohamed Sultan, I-Barr

"Help me, Help you" - JWNY

JWNY

Will attend ur rally later in the evening....Need to bring banners to support??? :D

JWNY
07-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Will attend ur rally later in the evening....Need to bring banners to support??? :D no need bro...bring the CHIVAS! :D

JWNY

tomvoyeur
07-07-2007, 02:45 PM
no need bro...bring the CHIVAS!

Haha.....what will the owner say when all your supporters came armed with a bottle of DFS Chivas to the pub.....;)

SapienKia
07-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Me smoker, been to NSH twice since ban came into effect.. now, just walk to entrance and smoke ... also its a chance to see gals in bright light also taking a break outside, got sofa somemore. In room, my non smoking kakis much happier with no cigarette smell on clothes after ...

tomvoyeur
08-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Me smoker, been to NSH twice since ban came into effect.. now, just walk to entrance and smoke ... also its a chance to see gals in bright light also taking a break outside, got sofa somemore. In room, my non smoking kakis much happier with no cigarette smell on clothes after ...

I dont mind stepping away for a smoke but the smoking zone must b comfortable; the ones in zouk r just too bloody hot n stuffy for my liking........Anw, for a smoker like me, I can still smell the perfume on my shirt after a night of partying....What a difference from before....:rolleyes:

JWNY
08-07-2007, 03:27 AM
really wonder whose smart proposal this was? :rolleyes:

IDIOT!! :mad:

JWNY

tomvoyeur
08-07-2007, 03:36 AM
IDIOT!!

How can u call them idoit??? This policy will help to pay for their salary increments LOL.........:rolleyes:

overnighter
08-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Bloody hell... was at GM nana with my friends on friday night when the wankers from NEA approached. Caught my friend and fined him $200. No mood to go TD after that. Totally spoiled my mood... :mad: Think go kopitiam drink next time, its the only place where u can smoke and drink at the same time liao.

Jetaime
08-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I dont mind stepping away for a smoke but the smoking zone must b comfortable; the ones in zouk r just too bloody hot n stuffy for my liking........Anw, for a smoker like me, I can still smell the perfume on my shirt after a night of partying....What a difference from before....:rolleyes:

Bro I think KTV n zouk different, ktv gals advised not to hv perfume ... but Zouk, hehe gals in full force to impress, what I do is smoke while driving with window partially opened only , so clothes still smell of tobacco ..

Jetaime
08-07-2007, 09:13 AM
really wonder whose smart proposal this was? :rolleyes:

IDIOT!! :mad:

JWNY

I think ban also quite good lah. Me ktv cheongster, wah the room bloody smoky when all of us light up at same time, worse than airport smoking room. I used to pity my non-smoking kakis ... haha, but now still ok lah ...

SapienKia
08-07-2007, 10:24 AM
How can u call them idoit??? This policy will help to pay for their salary increments LOL.........:rolleyes:

Actually I think they can collect more ciggie tax, then collecting fines .. :)

Maybe personal tax will not be lowered nemore ... eeks

SapienKia
08-07-2007, 10:27 AM
I think ban also quite good lah. Me ktv cheongster, wah the room bloody smoky when all of us light up at same time, worse than airport smoking room. I used to pity my non-smoking kakis ... haha, but now still ok lah ...

Liddat gal also cannot take cigs from us liao ...

sexster
08-07-2007, 12:12 PM
i guess it better for me- not so smokey and the smokey smell on your shirt, body after you finish the KTV. he he he he ... so wife will not know.

tomvoyeur
08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Caught my friend and fined him $200. No mood to go TD after that. Totally spoiled my mood...

U mean ur fren was caught smoking in the mall???? I saw so many ppl doing that man......:confused:

teraterm55
08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Hehehe was at StJames last nite. and i think this smoking ban can be worked to our advantage. hehehe manage to have a good chat and exchange number with a chic outside at the smoking zone.

And inside because of the smoke free environment, its actually more pleasent on the eyes can see the gals clearer hahahaha.

overnighter
08-07-2007, 06:31 PM
U mean ur fren was caught smoking in the mall???? I saw so many ppl doing that man......:confused:

yes bro, caught red-handed. That day many people got caught. Caught for littering outside the building, smoking in toilets, smoking in the mall. TD patrons also not spared.

JWNY
08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I think ban also quite good lah. Me ktv cheongster, wah the room bloody smoky when all of us light up at same time, worse than airport smoking room. I used to pity my non-smoking kakis ... haha, but now still ok lah ... just ban smoking...i dare "them" :cool:

JWNY

SBFextra
08-07-2007, 08:26 PM
just ban smoking...i dare "them" :cool:

JWNY

Don't say never, they might just do that in 20 years time ... :)

tomvoyeur
09-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Hehehe was at StJames last nite. and i think this smoking ban can be worked to our advantage. hehehe manage to have a good chat and exchange number with a chic outside at the smoking zone.

Not bad dude.....The only luck I had was being checked out by a gay in the smoking zone LOL......:o

yes bro, caught red-handed. That day many people got caught. Caught for littering outside the building, smoking in toilets, smoking in the mall. TD patrons also not spared.

Gosh!!I guess I m pretty lucky ytd....Will have to stick to the smoking zones next time....:(

Kunotz
09-07-2007, 08:26 AM

JWNY

Haha bro, it look like heading that way leh, maybe not so soon nia ...

lovetoplay
09-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Haha bro, it look like heading that way leh, maybe not so soon nia ...

if the govt is stupid enough, they'll ban smoking..dun believe they will want to just let go millions of dollars made from the cigarette tax

JWNY
09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
if the govt is stupid enough, they'll ban smoking..dun believe they will want to just let go millions of dollars made from the cigarette tax they are already stupid enough to impose the current rule bro...yes, even "great" goverment make mistakes too....

JWNY

theUnforgotten
09-07-2007, 11:49 AM
they are already stupid enough to impose the current rule bro...yes, even "great" goverment make mistakes too....

JWNY

Make that "Honest " Mistakes -- Pun intended.

haha

by the way- I plan to get drunk this saturday, u joining??

JWNY
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
my bro birthday i sure come but since i am retired even better, you get drunk..so i can send you home without touching alcohol :)

But don't you worry..i'll be smoking

JWNY

yinyang
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
..already stupid enough to impose the current rule bro...yes, even "great" goverment make mistakes too....
Smokers are a hardy lot, can take lots punishment. We all adjust somehow, like chameleon...

My brainwave is to patent some kind of hose for our exhaling nicotine to exhaust outlet. New meaning to blow job. Any takers for franchising? :p

JWNY
09-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Smokers are a hardy lot, can take lots punishment. We all adjust somehow, like chameleon... i'm just upset bro...we smokers take the burnt and stick of non smokers, pay high taxes but can't even have the luxury of smoking where and when we want to...it's ok to enforce non smoking in school compounds and even bus stops or hawker centres...but in a KTV or a pub? Sounds like the F1 mistake of not having them eons ago all over again... :(

its ok to try and adapt...i only ask myself why, in spite of what the smokers have been cultivating and paying.

JWNY

suteerak1099
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
I dont mind stepping away for a smoke but the smoking zone must b comfortable; the ones in zouk r just too bloody hot n stuffy for my liking........Anw, for a smoker like me, I can still smell the perfume on my shirt after a night of partying....What a difference from before....:rolleyes: well, i'm still trying to imagine it'd be heck of an obstacle course to struggle out of the premise for a smoke. especially mambo night, need to cut thru the synchronized dancing crowd.... all the sweat breaking effort... just to get "fresh air". for me, once out.. i dun think it's worth the effort to go back in.

wanna drink, cant smoke, wanna smoke, cant drink. the new ban on smoking in confined premise is really taking away the whole concept of clubbing/pubbing.

smoke chambers to me are very discriminating too. i wonder if the smokers ever felt like cat40 WLs sometimes. somehow, i just feel the law makers sometimes dont even know what are the consequences when they impose new regulations. i'm sure many of us have witnessed a sharp dip in the patronage ever since the new law came effective.

suteerak1099
09-07-2007, 12:55 PM

JWNY

Don't say never, they might just do that in 20 years time ... :) if they really do, then its as good as them chopping their legs off at the knee. they forgot that we the smokers contribute a handsome portion to the annual GDP... the higher they hike the prices, the more we contributed.

last time, the increment was 10cts or 20cts each time. this yr, jump 40cts. might as well, IRAS start new reflief clause... smoking & drinking tax relief.

yinyang
09-07-2007, 01:01 PM
..last time, the increment was 10cts or 20cts each time. this yr, jump 40cts. might as well, IRAS start new reflief clause... smoking & drinking tax relief.
Err.. this time +40cts is by tobacco companies nothing to do with cheng hu (not they object to). Case for CASE?:p

eQuipment
09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
might as well, IRAS start new reflief clause... smoking & drinking tax relief. i like this idea le. those rich man can buy big car n buy big house, then when tax come, use property to claim relief. maybe smoker n drinker should also have tax relief la.

tomvoyeur
10-07-2007, 01:41 AM
But don't you worry..i'll be smoking

Haha...Sure or not??? Dun smoke us n go home hor....:p

Happy bday Bro!!

its ok to try and adapt...i only ask myself why, in spite of what the smokers have been cultivating and paying.

Coz u voted for the wrong govt???? :rolleyes:

wanna drink, cant smoke, wanna smoke, cant drink. the new ban on smoking in confined premise is really taking away the whole concept of clubbing/pubbing.

smoke chambers to me are very discriminating too. i wonder if the smokers ever felt like cat40 WLs sometimes. somehow, i just feel the law makers sometimes dont even know what are the consequences when they impose new regulations. i'm sure many of us have witnessed a sharp dip in the patronage ever since the new law came effective.

Absolutely agreed that it took away the fun of clubbing now......The attendance in Zouk really dipped alot compared to before.....Think most the regulars there decide to hold house parties instead....

i like this idea le. those rich man can buy big car n buy big house, then when tax come, use property to claim relief. maybe smoker n drinker should also have tax relief la.

I support wholeheartedly!!!!!!!!

suteerak1099
10-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Absolutely agreed that it took away the fun of clubbing now......The attendance in Zouk really dipped alot compared to before.....Think most the regulars there decide to hold house parties instead.... which reminds me, during my zouk patronizing days back then, party is never complete without the midnight 1 for 1 rush + chain smoking + buaya with zoukette chicks + some laughter watching TCS celebs making a fool of themselves. i can almost imagine a scarcely littered crowd of not so synchronized dancing....

ever since that silly law came into effect, things just havent been the same.... sigh

haha. smokers & drinkers tax relief clause hahaha. it will be a dream come true. maybe members here can pool to start a new opposition party hehe... our vice frenly manifestos sure to win lotsa support out there hehehe...

for once.. we'll really have our very own bush administration :D

theUnforgotten
10-07-2007, 01:01 PM
ever since that silly law came into effect, things just havent been the same.... sigh

haha. smokers & drinkers tax relief clause hahaha. it will be a dream come true. maybe members here can pool to start a new opposition party hehe... our vice frenly manifestos sure to win lotsa support out there hehehe...

for once.. we'll really have our very own bush administration :D

Can we draft a Manifesto- GE is at least 4 years away, we can start early by canvassing ground support and create awareness.

just be careful to avoid the "lawsuits" and Lee Jokes and any other HONEST mistakes , as well as keep a tight ship running. Look what happened to the promising Worker's party team after the GE.. they bickered among themselves and no doubt helped by some "plants" and misinformation courtesy of the Junta .

can I be your Campaign manager. We need some one to stand in Jalan Besar GRC. area covering both GM /GL / and Jalan besar area. . We may enlist another BG LEE to cover the GM area and maybe anchor our GRC team.

comments??

yinyang
10-07-2007, 02:14 PM
...Campaign manager. We need some one to stand in Jalan Besar GRC. area covering both GM /GL / and Jalan besar area. . We may enlist another BG LEE to cover the GM area and maybe anchor our GRC team...
Me just volunteer to press flesh at ktvs, HCs, cat40. Name card SUP will be ghost written to have my prepaid sim card no. for follow up. For example, personalised counselling for gals. Throw in a poke or 2 to their relieve day-to-day stress (only those desirable 1s need apply). With promise cash grants upon victory et al. :p

ah_phah
10-07-2007, 02:31 PM
wahlan eh, from simple idea smoking & drinking tax relief, now beceome to preparing to start new zenghu. not bad not bad.... next time who got lorry pickup, can go the neighbourhood jio the ppl to vote.

but must show the heartlander u all really care for them, so must special have multi language broadcast, have english, chinese, hokkien, teochew, cantoneese, hainam, hakka, behasar malay, behasar indonesia, tamil, hindu, punjabi, bangla, thai, myanma, filipin.

^ additional language is for reach out to 2nd generation PR who will next time bcum voting citizen. then they can have lasting impression of the new zenghu.

what name for this new party? sing-love-sing? freedom foundation? merdeka party?

sherrry
10-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow! what have we here? new opposition in the making? haha. So, supposing you guys really running for the next GE, surely must have party Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, and many many more.

Party name? Party slogan? Party motto? Party logo? Party vision & mission statements?

Must register the party as organization too.

theUnforgotten
10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
wahlan eh, from simple idea smoking & drinking tax relief, now beceome to preparing to start new zenghu. not bad not bad.... next time who got lorry pickup, can go the neighbourhood jio the ppl to vote.

but must show the heartlander u all really care for them, so must special have multi language broadcast, have english, chinese, hokkien, teochew, cantoneese, hainam, hakka, behasar malay, behasar indonesia, tamil, hindu, punjabi, bangla, thai, myanma, filipin.

^ additional language is for reach out to 2nd generation PR who will next time bcum voting citizen. then they can have lasting impression of the new zenghu.

what name for this new party? sing-love-sing? freedom foundation? merdeka party?

Someone add your suggestion for Party Name :

while i draft the manifesto , party constitution.

1. Smoker's tax break days - Tax free smokes for Certain periods of the year : e.g. New year's day , christmas day , Songkarn and National day

2. To be fair to non-smoker's : Tax from ciggarettes will give a portion to fund chill out rooms in pubs with nice air freshner's ( just like smoking rooms in pubs now) , and rest given to Medical and care facilities to improve.

3. encourage more Female "foreign talent" and zone them respectively, viets to be in 51 /marine parade , PRCs to Tiong bahru/bkt merah/ Geylang , Thais to Golden mile and central area.

5. Fixed pricing schemes for LD, TIPS and cap on max TIP /LD damage daily per lady.

6.Open Large "entertainment" complex like Poseidon in bKK with various floors featuring various "grades" of ladies from all areas ( 1st floor - viets /ceweks, 2nd floor - Thais , 3rd/4th Floor - PRCs, 5th floor - Ang Mor).

How's that sound to all of you??

Do we get your VOTE?

PS. : I was one of the 33.33 % Last GE:mad:

suteerak1099
10-07-2007, 03:24 PM
1. Smoker's tax break days - Tax free smokes for Certain periods of the year : e.g. New year's day , christmas day , Songkarn and National day

2. To be fair to non-smoker's : Tax from ciggarettes will give a portion to fund chill out rooms in pubs with nice air freshner's ( just like smoking rooms in pubs now) , and rest given to Medical and care facilities to improve.

3. encourage more Female "foreign talent" and zone them respectively, viets to be in 51 /marine parade , PRCs to Tiong bahru/bkt merah/ Geylang , Thais to Golden mile and central area.

5. Fixed pricing schemes for LD, TIPS and cap on max TIP /LD damage daily per lady.

6.Open Large "entertainment" complex like Poseidon in bKK with various floors featuring various "grades" of ladies from all areas ( 1st floor - viets /ceweks, 2nd floor - Thais , 3rd/4th Floor - PRCs, 5th floor - Ang Mor).

Do we get your VOTE?

PS. : I was one of the 33.33 % Last GE:mad: bro, looking back... i think how this whole thing triggered was primarily due to the anti-smoking law in confined premise lah.... following that is the smokers & drinkers tax relief... dont think u mentioned anything much about these 2 areas of concern yet leh.

yinyang
10-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Someone add your suggestion for Party Name : ..while i draft the manifesto , party constitution.
3. encourage more Female "foreign talent" and zone..5. Fixed pricing schemes for LD, TIPS and cap on max TIP /LD damage daily per lady. 6.Open Large "entertainment" complex like Poseidon in bKK with various floors featuring various "grades" of ladies ..How's that sound to all of you?? Do we get your VOTE?
Name proposed earlier: SUP = Smokers United (or Unlimited) Party. Slogan: Have smoke got fire. Now pls get back to your work to finish your manifesto and constitution kekeke. NMP = nominated mean penis :p GST reliefs/rebate: Goondu Smoker Tax

ah_phah
10-07-2007, 05:12 PM
GST reliefs/rebate: Goondu Smoker Tax GST = Garmen Song Tio, bcus don care how we try to siam, at the end Goh See Tio 'still kena', the $ they collect go to Gong See Teng 'HQ', y they must tax tax tax, bcuz they no like use the existing moneys- Giah Siong Tio

yinyang
10-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Forgot to add:

Meet the people sessions weekly ---> bars, pubs, HCs, GL cathouses. :p

ah_phah
10-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Forgot to add:

Meet the people sessions weekly ---> bars, pubs, HCs, GL cathouses. :p wahlan, then lidat confirm must have GRC, then can have enuf manpower for meet the ppl. those PRC on the street also must great them, bcus cannot look down other nationality also.

if the ger ask, "suaige ni yao chee ma", must maintain good image canot go bonk, ask his ka-kia grass rot leader bonk for his behalf.
"oi oi oi! lee seng ka yee long!"

tomvoyeur
11-07-2007, 01:18 AM

The good old days r over.....I m already seeing loosely littered dance floors at Zouk after 1am on Friday....:o

We may enlist another BG LEE to cover the GM area and maybe anchor our GRC team.

R u thinking what I have in mind for the role of BG Lee?? ;)

Do we get your VOTE?

PS. : I was one of the 33.33 % Last GE

Sounds great n u have my vote but we need to canvass the other 66.6% too......hmmmm...

solidwoody
11-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Actually it felt quite good not to have your hair and clothes not smelling of cigarettes. I just quit smoking about a month back and it actually slowed down the amount i drnk.

tomvoyeur
11-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Actually it felt quite good not to have your hair and clothes not smelling of cigarettes. I just quit smoking about a month back and it actually slowed down the amount i drnk.

Thats why I think the clubs/pubs will be losing revenue as patrons drink less due to the restriction.....I barely drink when pubbing/clubbing during the last few days......:eek:

JWNY
11-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Thats why I think the clubs/pubs will be losing revenue as patrons drink less due to the restriction.....I barely drink when pubbing/clubbing during the last few days......:eek: shouldn't you be barely...smoking, my brother? ;)

JWNY

theUnforgotten
11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
The good old days r over.....I m already seeing loosely littered dance floors at Zouk after 1am on Friday....:o

R u thinking what I have in mind for the role of BG Lee??

Sounds great n u have my vote but we need to canvass the other 66.6% too......hmmmm...

BG Lee can take care of that 66.66%- he has great powers of persuasion.

Yes - I hope we referring the "right" BG LEE.:)

JWNY
11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Yes - I hope we referring the "right" BG LEE.:)
of course we are...Lee Young-Pyo !!!!

JWNY

yinyang
11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
..shouldn't you be barely...smoking..? ;)
He mau liao... hallucinating gals smoke him instead :p

tomvoyeur
11-07-2007, 11:52 AM
shouldn't you be barely...smoking, my brother?

Smoking is a cheaper option to drinking.....If I m thirsty, just drink mixers LOL.....:rolleyes:

Yes - I hope we referring the "right" BG LEE.

There can only b one BG Lee in this house....;)

of course we are...Lee Young-Pyo !!!!

What??? U mean he lost his job at White Hart Lane ah??

solidwoody
11-07-2007, 11:54 AM
I must say I am lucky to have quit. Cigarette prices just went up another 40 cents.Unfortunately the extra money went to my daughter for her toys. hahahha.

suteerak1099
11-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Thats why I think the clubs/pubs will be losing revenue as patrons drink less due to the restriction.....I barely drink when pubbing/clubbing during the last few days......:eek: the hiked GST is already keeping alota consumers homebound, deskbound, bedridden.... whatever that's left to trickle into night joints is considered a blessing. but all thanks to the new law in effect, i think very soon, the owners wont be hanging banners written 开工大吉, but instead the banners would read 关门大吉

yinyang
11-07-2007, 12:50 PM
SBF = Smokers Bonkers Front.
Bro Unforgotten, you done with (or forgotten) manifesto yet?

Slush fund from tobacco companies, WLs and anybody else with some axe to grind. :p

theUnforgotten
11-07-2007, 01:08 PM
SBF = Smokers Bonkers Front.
Bro Unforgotten, you done with (or forgotten) manifesto yet?

Slush fund from tobacco companies, WLs and anybody else with some axe to grind. :p

now formulating my policies and manifesto ,as well as forming shadow cabinet.

PM= BG leeee
DPM= bro HTD
Environment= JWNY ( will implement campaign to drink COKE , in order to save more water)
Defence /Homeland security = Position Vacant
Finance /Trade /Economics = JWNY ( double portfolio, If not How to justify MILLION Dollar minister salary):)
Senior Minister Mentor : ST1099
Health = Position vacant
Education = JWNY ( again!)
Foreign Affairs = ST1099

Me- I just only want to be Campaign manager - power behind the throne.

Interviews for vacancies in my shadow cabinet - start this Sat 14th July at GM , TD2 9 PM onwards. interested PM me

yinyang
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
...forming shadow cabinet. Me- I just only want to be Campaign manager - power behind the throne.
Wah say. Nothing like pulling strings.. :p

suteerak1099
11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
now formulating my policies and manifesto ,as well as forming shadow cabinet.

PM= BG leeee
DPM= bro HTD
Environment= JWNY ( will implement campaign to drink COKE , in order to save more water)
Defence /Homeland security = Position Vacant
Finance /Trade /Economics = JWNY ( double portfolio, If not How to justify MILLION Dollar minister salary):)
Senior Minister Mentor : ST1099
Health = Position vacant
Education = JWNY ( again!)
Foreign Affairs = ST1099

Me- I just only want to be Campaign manager - power behind the throne.

Interviews for vacancies in my shadow cabinet - start this Sat 14th July at GM , TD2 9 PM onwards. interested PM me whoaAAA!!! hahaha... bro, i'm very honored haha... erm, i think u missed out home affairs, youth & sports development, LTA, URA...

JWNY
11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
erm...flattered but too many...can i just take something simple? Bro YY and tomvoyeur can take the finance roles....they are both very experienced...i'm just sexperienced :D

JWNY

ah_phah
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
then i volunteer be traffic controler, everytime the minster coming only, i very busy open the way, tell the people to make way, use belt to whip the floor.
"siam, siam, don blocking here ar! saigong lai liao! tangkee lai liao!"

tomvoyeur
12-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Bro YY and tomvoyeur can take the finance roles....they are both very experienced...i'm just sexperienced

Ahem....Then I would think that u should also take up the Home Affairs portfolio too n make all the bros cheonging session a truly homely affair.....:D

yinyang
12-07-2007, 01:13 PM
...i'm just sexperienced
SM (by default) then ---> Sex Minister?:p

theUnforgotten
12-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Ahem....Then I would think that u should also take up the Home Affairs portfolio too n make all the bros cheonging session a truly homely affair.....:D

OK- U be Home affairs

Now Vacancy open for Foriegn affairs :

3 ministers with varying "areas" of responsibilities

1 Main Minister - Must be very proficient in all languages
1 deputy Minister - ASEAN region
1 deputy Minister - Greater China

JWNY
12-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Ahem....Then I would think that u should also take up the Home Affairs portfolio too n make all the bros cheonging session a truly homely affair... Wah...getting more and more my responsibilities..i want be clerk :( SM (by default) then ---> Sex Minister? Sounds better than Sex Maniac...:p

JWNY

yinyang
12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
...Now Vacancy open for Foriegn affairs 3 ministers with varying "areas" of responsibilities ...1 deputy Minister - ASEAN region
If foreign posting in Bkk, will send you my CV. Nothing beats addressing influx thai FLs at source. My illustrious resume with puyings speaks for itself.:p

suteerak1099
12-07-2007, 04:49 PM
If foreign posting in Bkk, will send you my CV. Nothing beats addressing influx thai FLs at source. My illustrious resume with puyings speaks for itself.:p hehehe.... start a sbf embassy in bkk, deploy u as honorary sbf ambassador based in LOS... sounds good?:D

yinyang
12-07-2007, 05:09 PM
... start a sbf embassy in bkk, deploy u as honorary sbf ambassador based in LOS... sounds good?
Credentials come in useful when gracing places with likes of pussydon (oops, poseidon), nana and soi cowboy. Wait.. how to get past chairman with those naughty bills? LDs, barfines, hang flowers -all in name of business entertainment, what. Must feel the ground, with the masses (can justify anything)...:p

JWNY
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Credentials come in useful when gracing places with likes of pussydon (oops, poseidon), nana and soi cowboy. Wait.. how to get past chairman with those naughty bills? LDs, barfines, hang flowers -all in name of business entertainment, what. Must feel the ground, with the masses (can justify anything)...:p No worries bro...i'm sure you will RISE to the occasion :D

JWNY

yinyang
12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
...i'm sure you will RISE to the occasion
Standing ovation too, with puyings addressing me as Your Excellency hehehehe (mind boggles):p

tomvoyeur
13-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Standing ovation too, with puyings addressing me as Your Excellency hehehehe (mind boggles)

Guess they will literally carry balls for u n smoke u till dry LOL...:p

yinyang
13-07-2007, 06:47 AM
..carry balls for u n smoke u till dry LOL..
Perks of the job. Must stay true to sbf party's cause mah (live, breathe smoke and bonk):p

WillamSexsphere
20-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I wanna complain! ALL HUMAN BEINGS MUST BE BANNED FROM NITESPOTS!!!:mad:

Now that ciggies are banned in clubs and pubs, supposed to be fresher air right? WRONG!!!!!!!....IT STINKS EVEN MORE!!!!!!

All that cheap perfume mixed with sweat from work and dancing, it makes a spice market smells like a bed of roses!

Now all kinds of smells, from hongkong foot to rancid english butter, from bylcream oil to coconut oil, all kinds of unwashed bodies, horny boys semen drooling smell to PMS overflow smell, tea smell, hot beer smell, stale alchohol smell, big smell, small smell, pungent smell, a riotous mix of funny smells assualting the poor noses of patrons. Patrons WILL DIE FASTER FROM SUCH NOXIOUS MIX THAN FROM TOBACCO FRAGRANCE!!!

Owners put on air freshners...BUT IT RELEASES MORE FLORACARBONS which hurt the environments, worse than ciggies!!

HELP!!!!!!!!

PS: in case you are wondering what i am going on about...hehe... i am suffering from 'ciggie in pub' withdrawal and attempting to RAISE A STINK to the folks who made the cig pub ban policy. Please dont blame me for giving it a crazy try....:D

'

poonani
20-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Was at Velvet and Zouk last Saturday. Even at 1 am, both floors had no one dancing.

tomvoyeur
20-07-2007, 03:45 AM
Was at Velvet and Zouk last Saturday. Even at 1 am, both floors had no one dancing.

Try checking out the Clinic....it is fast turning into a mortuary....;)

Castrol
20-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Now all kinds of smells, from hongkong foot to rancid english butter, from bylcream oil to coconut oil, all kinds of unwashed bodies, horny boys semen drooling smell to PMS overflow smell, tea smell, hot beer smell, stale alchohol smell, big smell, small smell, pungent smell, a riotous mix of funny smells assualting the poor noses of patrons.

wow bro, your nose is so powerful, the narcotics need you! :D

you mean all went outside to smoke ah? :D

yinyang
20-07-2007, 01:21 PM
...RELEASES MORE FLORACARBONS which hurt the environments, worse than ciggies!! ...suffering from 'ciggie in pub' withdrawal and attempting to RAISE A STINK to the folks who made the cig pub ban policy..
In solidarity with you, no more ciggie smoke to camouflage smelly farts.. to neutralise methane emitting cows (ooops, humans).:p

tomvoyeur
21-07-2007, 05:20 AM
In solidarity with you, no more ciggie smoke to camouflage smelly farts.. to neutralise methane emitting cows (ooops, humans)

Look on the bright side, at least there is no smokescreen to hide the hippos n rhinos in the crowd....:D

slimboyfat
21-07-2007, 12:22 PM
well i have decided to quit today.

a combination of the high price and the fact that i dont enjoy going to pubs anymore if i cant smoke has prompted this.

i think its going to be a painful few days but i guess it will be worth it.

JWNY
21-07-2007, 12:32 PM
We need revolution

V is for VENDETTA!!

JWNY

tomvoyeur
21-07-2007, 02:13 PM
well i have decided to quit today.

a combination of the high price and the fact that i dont enjoy going to pubs anymore if i cant smoke has prompted this.

i think its going to be a painful few days but i guess it will be worth it.

I shared ur sentiments abt the high cost of entertainment in singapore but what can one do to replicate the thrills n spills of clubbing / pubbing??

slimboyfat
22-07-2007, 09:23 AM
sorry bro, think i wasnt clear enough.

When I mentioned high price I was talking about the price of cigarettes.

After a couple of weeks I hope to be fully cured from the nicotine addiction and will be heading back to the pubs - without having the need to go outside every 15 mins...:)

tomvoyeur
22-07-2007, 01:00 PM
sorry bro, think i wasnt clear enough.

When I mentioned high price I was talking about the price of cigarettes.

One pack of cigges cost u 10-12 bucks....One pine of beer cost u 13.50 bucks in SJPS.....Seems like u can save more money, at least explicitly, by cutting down on drinking rather than smoking......;)

slimboyfat
22-07-2007, 04:35 PM
One pack of cigges cost u 10-12 bucks....One pine of beer cost u 13.50 bucks in SJPS.....Seems like u can save more money, at least explicitly, by cutting down on drinking rather than smoking......;)

yeah but i dont drink every day - its not an addiction......

cigarettes are an addiction for me. and they are a lot worse for you than an occasional drink.

Mercfl2001
22-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Me and my Kakis converted to drinking at KOPITIAM, at home or hotel liao
at least prices are reasonable. Hotel has PRO and no need tp pay stupid LDs at 15bucks of plain water.

tomvoyeur
22-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Me and my Kakis converted to drinking at KOPITIAM, at home or hotel liao

Now the best solution is to save up the cheonging cash reserve and spend it in BKK once a month....Spend the next 3 weeks drinking at home with the liquor/wine/beer that u bought at DFS....How does that sound?? ;)

no_faith
22-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Try checking out the Clinic....
wat is it har? really a clinic? a club?
:confused:

HuiGe3387
22-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I went Dynasty Classic on Friday my supplier smoke the waiter and mummy also never say anything de.... altho' they have a smoking room beside the toilet.

The ban is good.

tomvoyeur
22-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Its a club along Clarke Quay.....When it first started out, there were pretty 'nurses' serving you potent 'medicine' LOL.....:D

JWNY
23-07-2007, 01:09 AM
:confused:
just opposite Geographer bro :)

JWNY

WillamSexsphere
23-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Now the best solution is to save up the cheonging cash reserve and spend it in BKK once a month....Spend the next 3 weeks drinking at home with the liquor/wine/beer that u bought at DFS....How does that sound?? ;)

Economics:- cant have too much savings for it will

- lead to lower interest rates
- leading to lesser money in circulation
- leading to companies earning less which will affect salaries
- leading to lay-offs
- leading to mass unemployment

Cheongster bros, you are doing the economy a favour by drinking ( just dont drive) and spending your singdollars on your nice foreign ktv girls. ( for they will have to spend their money for makeup, food, lodging, entertainment in singapore too). Those with excess money, please do not hoard money but keep it in circulation....hehehe:D

PS: Singaporeans are so pragmatic that they would rather bring the Singdollar to shop at Giants(Msia) than to buy in NTUC. Cheonging here in spore is one of the ways to make em loosen the wallets to gain the singapore currency after a couple of drinks...damn!

suteerak1099
23-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Look on the bright side, at least there is no smokescreen to hide the hippos n rhinos in the crowd....:D wah... bro, u making it sound like jumanji leh. good think dont have elephant. though i'd agree that most local joints have jiggling pillars from time to time. and the synchronized dancers of mambo jambo also greatly diminished.

tomvoyeur
23-07-2007, 12:55 PM
though i'd agree that most local joints have jiggling pillars from time to time. and the synchronized dancers of mambo jambo also greatly diminished.

Right! The crowd is more into hip hop music rather than retro now.....Phuture is always more packed than Zouk on hip hop nights....

no_faith
23-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Its a club along Clarke Quay.....When it first started out, there were pretty 'nurses' serving you potent 'medicine' LOL.....:D
just opposite Geographer bro
JWNY
thks bros.
me dun like clubbing, only know new clubs watsoever in here.
:D

RaymndTan
27-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Still see people smoke in the ktv rooms

suteerak1099
28-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Right! The crowd is more into hip hop music rather than retro now.....Phuture is always more packed than Zouk on hip hop nights.... not forgettting there're more n more thai concept pubs/discos starting to sprout. just hope the silly law will not dampen prospects for the budding businesses in the entertainment industry...:cool:

bkkstar
28-07-2007, 04:40 PM
not forgettting there're more n more thai concept pubs/discos starting to sprout. just hope the silly law will not dampen prospects for the budding businesses in the entertainment industry...:cool:

seems like thai culture is a growing here.

yesterday I was at bugis junction and i saw a thai event called thai X factor. Got performance and many carts that sell thai stuff...