PDA

View Full Version : Toffee Chatroom - Everton FC

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

NobodyYouKnow
22-08-2007, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=tomvoyeur;2221911]I hope u mean thread n not threat.....I have never been a threat to anyone so far...

Daniel Amokachi????He is formerly one lazy bum in Everton colours. What do u like about him?? :confused:

sorry for the typo man... one wrong alphabet makes a big difference on the meaning of the word :-p

tho amokachi doesnt perform too well in everton during that period of time, but i supposed at least his pressence motivate the whole team since he was a world cup star player during that time. supposingly almost relegated everton ended up 6th position on the following season. plus his performance on 1995 FA cup win over spurs, which to me score + points for my impression on him. and one more reason is, he is the first everton player which i get to know becoz i started supporting toffees during that era ;)

tomvoyeur
22-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Toffees snap up stopper Wessels

Wessels, 28, has been with Cologne since 2003 and played 54 games in the top flight and 39 in the second division for them before losing his grasp on the number one jersey to Colombian Faryd Mondragon this season.

Cologne allowed him to leave on a free transfer to join the Merseyside club, where he signed a 12-month contract on Tuesday.

He told Everton's website: "I am excited to be here in England. It is the first time I have played for a club outside of Germany but the English Premier League is a very exciting league and I am looking forward to my time here at Everton."

Cologne general manager Michael Meier told his club's website: "We have accepted the wishes of the player to leave the club due to the new situation in goal.

"We regret that he has left us, but can understand his decision."

Wessels joined Cologne from Bayern Munich where he had been second choice to Oliver Kahn.

(*At least we have a decent cover for Tim. Cant imagine Iain Turner putting in a performance as torrid as the one he had against Man Utd last season at Goodison!!!)

tomvoyeur
22-08-2007, 03:18 AM
Toffees haggling over Yakubu fee

The two clubs are understood to be £1million apart in their respective valuations of a player who cost the Teessiders £7.5million when he headed for the Riverside Stadium from Portsmouth in July 2005.

However, discussions are ongoing and speculation suggests a breakthrough could be imminent.

Boro, in line with their usual policy, were not commenting on the matter on Tuesday amid concerted activity behind the scenes.

Yakubu's future has been a topic for debate all summer despite Boro manager Gareth Southgate's repeated insistence he wants to keep him after seeing Mark Viduka, Malcolm Christie and Danny Graham leave the club.

However, the feeling on Teesside has been for some time that he could be prepared to let him go at the right price provided a replacement could be found.

Everton's interest has been stepped up in recent days, although they are yet to meet the asking price, thought to be in the region of £11million, with former club Pompey and Premier League front-runners Manchester City also monitoring the Nigeria international's situation.

The former Maccabi Haifa frontman has scored 35 goals in his two seasons at the Riverside, but has stalled after the turn of the year in each of them.

He formed partnerships with Viduka and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, but both have since left the club with Southgate recruiting Dong-Gook Lee, Jeremie Aliadiere, Tuncay Sanli and Mido in an effort to re-shape his frontline.

Should Yakubu follow Viduka and Hasselbaink through the exit door, Boro would have lost the providers of 35 of their goals last season, and the recruitment of another striker would be inevitable.

Southgate has been credited with an interest in Heerenveen's Brazilian hitman Afonso Alves, while the Teessiders are understood to have watched PSV Eindhoven duo Arouna Kone and Jefferson Farfan.

There have also been links with Alves' compatriot Fred, who is being tipped to leave French champions Lyon, and another Brazilian, CSKA Moscow's Vagner Love.

But with just 10 days of the transfer window remaining, things will have to move quickly if the situation is to be resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.

Southgate got his first win of the season, albeit in controversial circumstances, at Fulham on Saturday and will head into Sunday's Tees-Tyne derby clash with Newcastle hoping to build upon that.

However, he will do so with his defensive resources stretched to the limit once again, although former Magpie Jonathan Woodgate could be back in the fold within weeks.

The 27-year-old underwent surgery on a damaged knee cartilage the day after last season drew to a close, and returned to full training on Monday.

He could now be as little as a fortnight away from resuming his place in Southgate's side, and he admits he cannot wait to get back to business.

Woodgate said: "It's great to be back in training and I feel all right.

"Obviously I would love to be available for the derby - it's one of the biggest games of the season - but I need more training and that's what I am concentrating on."

The win at Craven Cottage has given the whole club a boost, and Woodgate knows a repeat against Newcastle would send confidence soaring.

He said: "It's a massive game for us and you can see that the lads cannot wait.

"We were very confident at the start of the season and we were very unlucky not to beat Blackburn on the first day.

"The performance at Wigan was not good enough, but then we rode our luck at Fulham and that made up for Blackburn.

"Those first three points were vital. Now we have to start climbing up the league again.

"If we can beat Newcastle, it will really get things going and then hopefully we can push on and make this a big season by challenging for a place in Europe."

tomvoyeur
23-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Everton agree £11.25m fee for striker Yakubu

Middlesbrough striker Ayegbeni Yakubu was tonight heading for Everton to tie up an £11.25million move.

The 24-year-old Nigerian set off for Merseyside after the two clubs agreed the fee this afternoon as the long-running sage took a decisive twist.

The Teessiders confirmed they had agreed an undisclosed fee with the Toffees and given them permission to speak to the Nigeria international, who was left out of the squad for Saturday's 2-1 Premier League win at Fulham.

A Boro spokesman said: 'We can confirm we have agreed a fee for the sale of Yakubu and he has been given permission to talk to Everton.

'We will only confirm the fee once any deal is complete.'

However, Everton later revealed the magnitude of their offer - a club record - in a statement on their website, evertonfc.com.

It said: 'Everton can confirm that they have agreed a club record transfer fee of £11.25 million with Middlesbrough for the transfer of Yakubu.

'The Nigerian international centre-forward is now travelling to Merseyside for talks with The Toffees.'

Ironically, the development came on the day Yakubu returned to training after going AWOL for two days following his no-show for Nigeria.

The former Maccabi Haifa and Portsmouth frontman joined his Boro team-mates for their session this morning as the deal was thrashed out.

He will now need to complete the formalities of a switch to Goodison Park, although no hitches are expected after a protracted pursuit by the Merseysiders.

Yakubu has been linked with a move away from the Riverside Stadium for much of the summer with Portsmouth and Manchester City touted as possible destinations.

However, it was Everton who emerged as favourites in recent days and they who have pushed home their interest amid speculation that Pompey boss Harry Redknapp could have been ready to offer new signing David Nugent in part-exchange for a player who has scored 35 goals on Teesside in the two seasons since he left Fratton Park.

The deal would represent a significant profit for Boro, who paid the south coast club £7.5million for the striker in July 2005.

However, it would also see the last of the club's most prolific goalscorers in recent seasons head through the exit door.

Yakubu, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Mark Viduka fought for a place in the starting line-up during Steve McClaren's last season in charge.

However, McClaren's successor, Gareth Southgate, allowed the Dutchman to leave at the end of his contract last summer and was unable to persuade Viduka to sign a new deal 12 months later as the Australian chose instead to join Sunday's opponents Newcastle on a free transfer.

Southgate has insisted all summer that he did not want the African to follow them, although his recent form may mean some fans will be less disappointed with his departure.

Yakubu scored 19 goals in his first season on Teesside, but only one of them after February, robbing him of the chance to become the first Boro player to reach 20 in a season since Fabrizio Ravanelli in 1996-97.

He managed 16 last season, all of them during the first seven months of the season.

However, the fact remains that in he and Viduka, Southgate has lost 35 goals from last season and that will pile the pressure on new arrivals Mido, Jeremie Aliadiere and Tuncay Sanli, as well as South Korea international Dong-Gook Lee, to find the back of the net.

Despite his insistence that Yakubu was not for sale, Southgate has spent the summer looking at potential replacements should the right offer come along, and armed with his fee, he could return to the market during the remaining nine days of the transfer window.

Boro's interest in Heerenveen's Afonso Alves has been played down, although the manager has cast his net far and wide and it would be little surprise if he now acts upon the information he has gleaned in recent months.

Cum_Luver
23-08-2007, 06:40 AM
good for Toffee...he is a quality striker..

keifu
23-08-2007, 07:22 AM
hope he will play aganist Blackburn
Cheers

tomvoyeur
23-08-2007, 12:42 PM
good for Toffee...he is a quality striker..

Hopefully we have yet to see the best of him coz he tends to fade away in the 2nd half of the season.....

hope he will play aganist Blackburn

That maybe too early for Moyes liking.If u notice, Moyes tend to slowly bed his new signings into the team (Baines n Jag have yet to play a full game after 3 games into the season), as this creates less friction in the team n allow the new signings to settle in....

mokermania
24-08-2007, 03:18 PM
hope AJ will recover n score tomorrow nite:)
hope we can make use of our home ground advantage too

TGIF n have a nice weekend to all Toffees:D

Cum_Luver
25-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Everton should have no problem against Blackburn.
Should continue with their good start...

tomvoyeur
26-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Everton should have no problem against Blackburn.
Should continue with their good start...

Sad to say, ytd performance against Blackburn was really poor - no invention no spark!!Hopefully, the new signings can add some spice to Everton's future performances this season....

tomvoyeur
26-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Spurs & Everton In For Gosling

Plymouth Argyle midfielder Dan Gosling is attracting interest from Premiership clubs Tottenham Hotspur and Everton.

The two clubs are battling it out for the signature of the 17-year old before the transfer window closes on Friday.
Argyle boss Ian Holloway has slapped a £2.5 million transfer fee on the teenager's head.

Gosling attracted the interest of Everton last season but a national newspaper today reports that Everton have again shown some interest with chairman Bill Kenwright making an inquiry for the versatile player.

Spurs have a policy of signing up the best young English talent in the country and Gosling is next on their list.

Gosling only made his senior debut for the Pilgrims in December when he was 16 and signed a professional contract just after his 17th birthday in February. Gosling has gone on to make 14 appearances for Ian Holloway's team, scoring two goals.

Such has been the meteoric rise of Gosling that last season he was invited by Jose Mourinho to spend a week training with his Chelsea squad. Gosling has also received international honours by playing for the England Under-17 team and is currently away in Korea taking part in the Under-17 World Cup.

Meanwhile, Argyle are set to offer £200,000 for Kilmarnock winger Willie Gibson.
Plymouth Vital revealed last week that the Pilgrims were keeping tabs on the 23-year old and could firm up that interest before the transfer window closes.

Just five more days before the continued transfer speculation surrounding several of the Argyle players can be put to rest until January.

tomvoyeur
26-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Everton complete Fernandes signing

Everton have completed the £6 million signing of Benfica midfielder Manuel Fernandes.
Kenwright closed a £6million move for Portuguese midfielder Fernandes on Friday - and avoided a row with the Premier League.

Kenwright has found a way to pay Benfica for the player who was part-owned by agents in Portugal that does not break any rules.

Garage1
26-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Sad to say, ytd performance against Blackburn was really poor - no invention no spark!!Hopefully, the new signings can add some spice to Everton's future performances this season....

agree with u bro, last nite performance was hardworking but lacking direction, no real goal threat at all.. we deft need yakubu to partner AJ ..
and sorely missing cahill as well

tomvoyeur
26-08-2007, 11:27 PM
agree with u bro, last nite performance was hardworking but lacking direction, no real goal threat at all.. we deft need yakubu to partner AJ ..
and sorely missing cahill as well

I dun really wan to tear right through the team so early in the season but u can certainly feel something is missing right now....

Arteta is overworked given that he is the only creative player in the squad at the moment...Phil Neville seems distracted, probably due to the rumours abt him being pursued by Newcastle.....We certainly need to freshen up the lineup for the next match....Give Phi Jag,Piennar n Anichebe starting roles in place of Neville,Osman n AJ....AJ looked so jaded against Blackburn on sat n he seems abit overzealous with his approach...We all see him trying to pull the trigger when Osman is in a better position.....

JWNY
27-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Everton appeal against Yakubu work permit decision

LONDON, Aug 26 (Reuters) - The 11.25 million pound ($22.53 million) transfer of Nigerian Yakubu Aiyegbeni from Middlesbrough cannot be completed because the striker has been refused a new work permit, buying club Everton said on Sunday.

Although the 24-year-old has played in England since January 2003 when he joined Portsmouth from Maccabi Haifa, he quit playing for Nigeria in 2006 so now fails to meet the British Home Office requirement of involvement in 75 percent of his country's internationals in the last two years.

Everton said on their Web site (www.evertonfc.com) they have appealed against the decision and expect to hear the result on Wednesday.

Yakubu left Portsmouth for Middlesbrough in 2005 and has scored 35 goals in 104 cup and league appearances for the north east club.

He played in Middlesbrough's first two games of the season but has not featured in their last two, including Sunday's 2-2 draw against Newcastle United.

Everton, who will compete in this season's UEFA Cup, decided to move for Yakubu after selling James Beattie to relegated Sheffield United and losing two key attacking players, Tim Cahill and James Vaughan, to injuries.

A Middlesbrough spokesman said the clubs had agreed a fee for the player but that the deal had not yet been completed.

mokermania
28-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Fernandes snubs Everton for Valencia

sad to see him joining another team...jus hope Moyes can find a replacement soon:)

regards

tomvoyeur
28-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Fernandes snubs Everton for Valencia

sad to see him joining another team...jus hope Moyes can find a replacement soon

Gosh!!I thought this is a done deal already!!We certainly need another midfield spark soon.....:o

Garage1
28-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Gosh!!I thought this is a done deal already!!We certainly need another midfield spark soon.....:o

midfield spark? how abt Andy van DE fine suspended meyde? :D

tomvoyeur
29-08-2007, 02:50 AM
midfield spark? how abt Andy van DE fine suspended meyde?

He is a gone case dude. So many chances n yet still cant change his crooked ways....:o

tomvoyeur
29-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Everton search goes on after Fernandes snub

Everton will continue to seek midfield reinforcements after hitting out at Manuel Fernandes for spurning them at the last minute to join Valencia.

The 21-year-old midfielder passed a medical and trained with Everton last week before attending Saturday's match against Blackburn as a guest and assuring chairman Bill Kenwright he would join the club.

However, Everton were left stunned when Fernandes, who played on loan at Goodison Park last season, left Liverpool to fly to Valencia, where he agreed a six-year contract at the Mestalla.

Everton sought last night to explain their part in last week's negotiations and explained how close they were to signing the player from Benfica.

A statement on the club's website said: 'Everton Football Club feels it should clarify the situation with regards to Manuel Fernandes.

'We worked hard all last week on what was a very difficult and complex three-party agreement.

'Everton staff worked through the night on Thursday, finally reaching agreement with the English footballing authorities on Friday afternoon.

'A similar night's work on Friday left us satisfied that we had both addressed and agreed all issues with the other involved parties.

'However, on Saturday we were informed that another club had come in with a rival bid and despite sustained efforts over the remainder of the weekend the player today joined Valencia.

'David Moyes and his coaching staff are continuing to seek the extra addition to our squad, which they feel they require for this season.'

Fernandes was presented in Spain today and said: 'I thank Valencia for their confidence and hope to be in my new team for many years.

'I have spoken before with Miguel (Valencia's Portuguese full-back), and he has told me that it is a great club, with the possibility to grow.'

Fernandes, who Spanish media are reporting will cost his new club €18million, knows he faces a challenge to earn a starting spot at star-studded Valencia, but that is what he has set his sights on.

'It is never easy. I respect my team-mates, but I have come here to play and to be a starter,' he added.

'I am a player for the centre of the field, a team player. I am combative and I hope to help the team, I play for my team-mates.'

WRX_STI
29-08-2007, 10:31 AM
save 11 million dont buy yakubu buy nugent :)

Harry Redknapp has admitted he is prepared to sell £6million summer signing David Nugent if it means he can bring another striker to Fratton Park.

Nugent has been with the South Coast club for less than two months after his move from Preston in July.

The former England Under 21 international scored his first goal for the club in the 3-0 Carling Cup victory over Leeds, but after the match Redknapp made it clear Nugent's brief stay could end before Friday's transfer deadline.

Derby looks the most likely destination for Nugent where he would link up again with his former Preston boss Billy Davies.

Improve

Redknapp told Sky Sports News: "You are always looking to improve your team and it just depends who was available. If someone came up who was a fantastic option and I had to sell somebody, it's whoever you can sell.

"You need to raise money sometimes, you have to sell people that you're not so keen to sell because you want to get somebody else in.

"It's no secret Derby would like to buy him (Nugent). His old manager fancies him at Derby, we'll have to wait and see.

"Derby have been in and they would like to sign him, they would like him very much. Billy knows him and if David wants to go... if people want to move then you let them go.

"It's up to David really, I'll have a chat with him and see what his plans are."

Anelka

Redknapp confirmed any new additions to his forward line would be big-name players, but moved to play down reports Bolton forward Nicolas Anelka could be coming to Pompey.

He said: "We are looking, we are trying, and if I do bring one in it would be a good one, that's for sure, it won't be just anyone.

"I doubt if it would be Anelka. I like Anelka, but I doubt that very much.

"You need someone in your side who can get you 15 to 20 goals a season, and if you can find somebody like that they're like gold dust. There's only a certain amount of people capable of doing that around.

"I might have to sacrifice one or two players who people think are good players because I want to improve the team.

"It's not a case of if it's David or someone else. If I have to raise some money to buy a top player, it's who you get an offer for.

"If someone makes an offer you think 'OK, I'll have to do that, because I want to get this player in,' and that's how the business works."

tomvoyeur
29-08-2007, 10:53 AM
save 11 million dont buy yakubu buy nugent

4 matches intot the season n Harry is already looking to offload Nugent for another striker.What does that tell u abt Nugent's current form n transformation to become an EPL strker?? I dun think Moyes will touch him with a pole......

PS: I m still sore over the saga on Manuel Fernandes.It seems that the signing delay was just a ploy to give Valencia more time to complete the paperwork.....This guy is really quite an ass!!Now with such limited time, How can Everton go out to find another replacement????:mad:

Garage1
29-08-2007, 02:45 PM
4 matches intot the season n Harry is already looking to offload Nugent for another striker.What does that tell u abt Nugent's current form n transformation to become an EPL strker?? I dun think Moyes will touch him with a pole......

PS: I m still sore over the saga on Manuel Fernandes.It seems that the signing delay was just a ploy to give Valencia more time to complete the paperwork.....This guy is really quite an ass!!Now with such limited time, How can Everton go out to find another replacement????:mad:

i have already say fucking nugent is overated.. dun believe go n see his ONLY goal for england.. hahahaha
and who dare claims to see him play 90mins before..pre portsmouth days..
if yr house TV got coverage of championship football, let me know..

mokermania
29-08-2007, 04:46 PM
PS: I m still sore over the saga on Manuel Fernandes.This guy is really quite an ass!!

ya loh my bro & i oso SIAN HALF:mad:

Garage1
30-08-2007, 03:10 AM
we finally got the YAK

tomvoyeur
30-08-2007, 12:57 PM
we finally got the YAK

Cheers n lim ya!!!More firepower to take the load off AJ!!:)

no_faith
30-08-2007, 01:01 PM
everton focusing adding 1 more midfield general ya.
heard kevin nolan link to eveton. good?

tomvoyeur
31-08-2007, 02:13 AM
everton focusing adding 1 more midfield general ya.
heard kevin nolan link to eveton. good?

At the moment, Everton is sort of lacking in the creativity dept but someone in the mold of kevin nolan will definitely improve the team....Perhaps this will pave the way for the departure of Phil Neville....This guy looked increasingly lost in the Everton lineup...

JWNY
31-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Gravesen back at Goodison

Thomas Gravesen has returned to Everton just over two years after his shock move to Real Madrid.

The 31-year-old has been signed on a year-long loan from Celtic and is clearly the midfield re-enforcement manager David Moyes wanted after his attempts to sign Manuel Fernandes from Benfica collapsed at the weekend.

Gravesen has been out of favour at Celtic for some time and the subject of transfer speculation involving Sheffield United and Fulham this summer.

The Denmark international first moved to Everton from Hamburg for £2.5million but with his contract due to expire in the summer of 2005, Everton sold the player to Real Madrid for £2.5million in the January of that year.

But now he is back on Merseyside, where he became a cult figure among Toffees fans.

He said: "I am really looking forward to coming back to Everton, it is a chance to play top-flight football in the Premier League again."

Gravesen moved to Celtic in 2006, where he has had a chequered time, and he has not figured in any of their matches this season.

Garage1
31-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Gravesen back at Goodison

Thomas Gravesen has returned to Everton just over two years after his shock move to Real Madrid.

The 31-year-old has been signed on a year-long loan from Celtic and is clearly the midfield re-enforcement manager David Moyes wanted after his attempts to sign Manuel Fernandes from Benfica collapsed at the weekend.

Gravesen has been out of favour at Celtic for some time and the subject of transfer speculation involving Sheffield United and Fulham this summer.

The Denmark international first moved to Everton from Hamburg for £2.5million but with his contract due to expire in the summer of 2005, Everton sold the player to Real Madrid for £2.5million in the January of that year.

But now he is back on Merseyside, where he became a cult figure among Toffees fans.

He said: "I am really looking forward to coming back to Everton, it is a chance to play top-flight football in the Premier League again."

Gravesen moved to Celtic in 2006, where he has had a chequered time, and he has not figured in any of their matches this season.

this is really nice breaking news!!!!!!!!
the dane is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard

neville yobo lescott baines

arteta cahill gravesen osman

johnson yakubu

looks good? :D

tomvoyeur
01-09-2007, 05:01 PM
this is really nice breaking news!!!!!!!!
the dane is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard

neville yobo lescott baines

arteta cahill gravesen osman

johnson yakubu

looks good?

Gravesen will be a nice addition but the squad can do with more width at the moment...Hopefully Pienaar can step up n be counted this season...Andersen has also gone out on loan this season, lets pray that we have an escape clause to exercise in Jan to bring him back just in case things do not work out well for the toffees...Damn Manuel, Andersen only went out on loan coz he 'confirmed' that he is definitely joining us! :mad:

Cum_Luver
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Thomas Gravesen is a great midfield player.
Congr to Everton for having him back...

lazydudz
02-09-2007, 02:05 AM
yakubu bagus!

Cum_Luver
02-09-2007, 09:54 AM
got another win yesterday.
a veri hard fought match, winning only during injury time from a goal by Lescott.
another 3 pts, a win is still a win...;)

tomvoyeur
02-09-2007, 03:13 PM
got another win yesterday.
a veri hard fought match, winning only during injury time from a goal by Lescott.
another 3 pts, a win is still a win...

Another win nonetheless but Liverpool is really putting their foot on the pedal now!!Their pressing game is really suffocating their opponents...Everton n Liverpool fighting it out for the top 2 just like the 80s once again??? ;)

Garage1
02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Another win nonetheless but Liverpool is really putting their foot on the pedal now!!Their pressing game is really suffocating their opponents...Everton n Liverpool fighting it out for the top 2 just like the 80s once again??? ;)

great open flowing game last night against bolton..
hope we can keep the form and END man yoo titles hopes next week.

JWNY
03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Thank you bro tomvoyeur for coming to watch the match with Chelsea supporters yesterday... :)

they still harbour the hope you will be a Blues supporter...of London :p

JWNY

tomvoyeur
03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Thank you bro tomvoyeur for coming to watch the match with Chelsea supporters yesterday...

they still harbour the hope you will be a Blues supporter...of London

JWNY

No problems bro! Too bad the evening was spoilt by 2 individual pieces of brilliance....Reminds me of the days when I was young...hee

Y dun join the blues half of Merseyside LOL??? Aside to Toffees, should we organise a similar viewing session too??? Any takers?

tomvoyeur
03-09-2007, 01:03 PM
great open flowing game last night against bolton..
hope we can keep the form and END man yoo titles hopes next week.

We are 3rd in the League now but we have yet to meet any of the top 4 teams so its still jumping the gun a little by declaring out title credentials now...Hopefully, we can see more spark from the new boys soon!!! :)

overnighter
03-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Thank you bro tomvoyeur for coming to watch the match with Chelsea supporters yesterday...

they still harbour the hope you will be a Blues supporter...of London :p

JWNY

Y dun join the blues half of Merseyside LOL??? Aside to Toffees, should we organise a similar viewing session too??? Any takers?

Hey hey what bout the blue half of Manchester? Been a fan since Thaksin took over, even bought a Thai player. A first in EPL. Join the blue half of Manchester!!! :D

mokermania
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
We are 3rd in the League now but we have yet to meet any of the top 4 teams so its still jumping the gun a little by declaring out title credentials now...Hopefully, we can see more spark from the new boys soon!!!

hope to see AJ start scoring again too.
& he unselfishly passed the ball to Yakubu for the 1st goal last sat
hope they play like a team nxt nxt sat:)

tomvoyeur
04-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey hey what bout the blue half of Manchester? Been a fan since Thaksin took over, even bought a Thai player. A first in EPL. Join the blue half of Manchester!!!

Hey bro, Everton playing against Man Utd on 15 Sep....U wan to support Everton with us??? :D

hope to see AJ start scoring again too.
& he unselfishly passed the ball to Yakubu for the 1st goal last sat
hope they play like a team nxt nxt sat

Actually, did u see AJ electing to shoot instead of letting Osman through when Osman was in a better position in the match against Blackburn?? I was abit worried that AJ might just try to do it himself too much over the next few matches as he attempts to open his scoring account for the new season...However, his unselfish behaviour on sat alleviated these fears....Everton is now playing as a team once again! :)

mokermania
04-09-2007, 11:07 AM
However, his unselfish behaviour on sat alleviated these fears....Everton is now playing as a team once again! :)

hope AJ can score n create some goals or chances for others again the nxt sat..hehe

nice to see them congrating Lescot when h scored the winner(really like got bonding liker dat)...they really played as a team....

nice to see the way they played too these days. passing games not like in the past (Fergurson era) where they jus pump the ball up to him...hehe

with the 3rd Botak (graveson) back hope they can play more better passing games too.hehe

Garage1
04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
anybody interested in meeting up to watch the game against man yoo ?
hoping to gather all the toffees here!
can we have some support?

maybe venue to be announced

tomvoyeur
05-09-2007, 04:59 AM
with the 3rd Botak (graveson) back hope they can play more better passing games too.hehe

Gravesen's passing n stringing of the midfield is superb! Glad to see the old man hasnt lost this side of his game after an absence of 2 years! :)

anybody interested in meeting up to watch the game against man yoo ?
hoping to gather all the toffees here!
can we have some support?

maybe venue to be announced

I m in! :) Should we have some Man Utd supporters for some banter too??kekeke

Garage1
07-09-2007, 02:57 AM
look slike support have not been very good.. only me and tom?
:mad:

JWNY
08-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Does it clash with the Chelsea match? If not i can be there...the weekend i will be working till 10 pm :)

JWNY

mokermania
08-09-2007, 11:30 AM

sorry these days wkend look after my junior.
u guys have fun n hope the Toffees do well:)

tomvoyeur
09-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Dun get too upset bro....There r only a few Toffees supporter to start with in the beginning....N Everton is now Bro JWNY's second club so he will come if Chelsea is not playing at the same time...:D

Does it clash with the Chelsea match? If not i can be there...the weekend i will be working till 10 pm

Anyone has the TV listings to look up this one?? Sorry, I dun subscribe to cable....:o

sorry these days wkend look after my junior.
u guys have fun n hope the Toffees do well

Sure!!Rem to convert ur junior to b a toffee so that next time u have no choice but to join us...hee

machoman
09-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Does it clash with the Chelsea match? If not i can be there...the weekend i will be working till 10 pm :)

JWNY

Nope, the matches don't clash, bro.

The Everton-Man Utd match is on Sat 15 at 7 pm & the Chelsea-Blackburn match is on Sun 16 at 12.15 am. :p

Garage1
09-09-2007, 07:53 PM

The Everton-Man Utd match is on Sat 15 at 7 pm & the Chelsea-Blackburn match is on Sun 16 at 12.15 am. :p

yeah, singapore evertonians have always been very few.. even when everton travelled to bkk for the friendly matches, i only met up with abt 4-5 sg evertonians..
but although dun have the money to travel all the way to goodison, at least can say i watch them upclose n live and manage to shakes hands with a few players and true blue evertonians from UK..

looking at the match against man yoo.. no doubt we dont be fav and LOOKS likely to be beaten, i am quietly confident abt our chances..
7pm clash is abit early, looks like we have to plan our schedule

mokermania
09-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Sure!!Rem to convert ur junior to b a toffee so that next time u have no choice but to join us...hee

haha...so far so good. his fav color is blue......haha
but who knw mayb a blues fan or Toffees fan in the making:D

tomvoyeur
09-09-2007, 11:56 PM

The Everton-Man Utd match is on Sat 15 at 7 pm & the Chelsea-Blackburn match is on Sun 16 at 12.15 am.

Great!!!Bro JWNY, u r now cordially invited for the Everton-Man Utd match as our official mascot!! LOL...

looking at the match against man yoo.. no doubt we dont be fav and LOOKS likely to be beaten, i am quietly confident abt our chances..
7pm clash is abit early, looks like we have to plan our schedule

I m also fairly optimistic that we will give Man Utd a fight for their money!!!

Hows the schedule like???

haha...so far so good. his fav color is blue......haha
but who knw mayb a blues fan or Toffees fan in the making

Next step - get him a Toffee jersey!! :D

tomvoyeur
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Saw this piece of rumours below

Bryan Hughes almost made a loan move to Everton before last week's transfer deadline.

How is this fellow going to improve our team??Maybe he is a second choice to Gravesen, just in case the 1st deal falls through....

WRX_STI
10-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Great!!!Bro JWNY, u r now cordially invited for the Everton-Man Utd match as our official mascot!! LOL... sigh..he wrkg late until 10 on dat day :(

mokermania
10-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Next step - get him a Toffee jersey!! :D

haha...will get him one when he is 1 yr old...haha
scarly go n support S league!!!!hahaha:eek:

JWNY
10-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Great!!!Bro JWNY, u r now cordially invited for the Everton-Man Utd match as our official mascot!! LOL.. This weekend working bro...but you know who i will be supporting...better not let YY and Devil73 see this :D

JWNY

_AXL_
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
scarly go n support S league!!!!hahaha

that is not the worst case scenario!!!:p

This weekend working bro...but you know who i will be supporting...better not let YY and Devil73 see this

they wont read this thread, right??? but who cares about them???!!!

toffees, win it for rhys jones!!! :o

mokermania
10-09-2007, 12:17 PM
toffees, win it for rhys jones!!! :o

it would be nice if we could beat the red devils for him...:)

mokermania
10-09-2007, 12:19 PM
that is not the worst case scenario!!!:p

worst scenario is he became The Reds Fan????
haha i wouldnt mind my junior becoming a liverpool fan....:)

_AXL_
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
it would be nice if we could beat the red devils for him...

ya... for him!!! and hope that phil dont kelong again!!!:p

worst scenario is he became The Reds Fan????
haha i wouldnt mind my junior becoming a liverpool fan....

that, to me, isnt the worst scenario!!! it is the other reds that i m worried about...:D oops, sorry, not my kid!!! cheers, mate.

tomvoyeur
10-09-2007, 01:13 PM
sigh..he wrkg late until 10 on dat day

Oh yeah...I plainly forgot abt that.....:o

haha...will get him one when he is 1 yr old...haha
scarly go n support S league!!!!hahaha

Maybe he just wans to sianz the pong pong gals....Nothing wrong with that leh...kekeke

This weekend working bro...but you know who i will be supporting...better not let YY and Devil73 see this

Mayb I can jio these 2 devils as well....Love to see them drown their sorrows after the match...hehehe

ya... for him!!! and hope that phil dont kelong again!!!

Phil is looking distracted nowadays....Wonder whats going on in his personal life...He looked like a shadow of his tigerish self....

that, to me, isnt the worst scenario!!! it is the other reds that i m worried about... oops, sorry, not my kid!!! cheers, mate.

Thats why we should have football education in school.....Better educate them fast on the right teams to support ya....How about starting with the history of Everton?? :p

mokermania
10-09-2007, 02:54 PM
ya... for him!!! and hope that phil dont kelong again!!!
that, to me, isnt the worst scenario!!! it is the other reds that i m worried about...oops, sorry, not my kid!!! cheers, mate.

haha.. it okie as long as he love football....hehe

hope with some england appearance can motivation Phil for this coming sat early game:)

mokermania
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Maybe he just wans to sianz the pong pong gals....Nothing wrong with that leh...kekeke
Phil is looking distracted nowadays....Wonder whats going on in his personal life...He looked like a shadow of his tigerish self....
Thats why we should have football education in school.....Better educate them fast on the right teams to support ya....How about starting with the history of Everton?? :p

haha mayb the PP gals...

hope phil will be movtivated after some plays for england last sat or this coming Wed.

sorry i failed my O level History but mayb it goes like this..Long Long time ago there was Everton FC & after some dispute abt rental thing... Liverpool Fc was formed....haha

Garage1
10-09-2007, 06:39 PM
my own jersey !
heheheh

http://pics.montypics.com/jerroldscv/2007-09-09/1189420498_everton.jpg

mokermania
11-09-2007, 12:19 AM
here r mine:)
my fav still the NEC...hehe

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/mokermania/EFCJERSEYS.jpg

Garage1
11-09-2007, 12:34 AM
whao....bro, nice collection.. reason why i didnt cont to buy is btw the previous 2 season to current this season is there are very very minor changes only, this season with the yellow trim ard the neck is nice..

the yellow one was which season? days of rubbish mike walker? or howard kendall 2nd stint?
if i can rem, maybe pat nevin wore the yellow one???? graham stuart? mikeal madar? paul rideout? kekekeke

mokermania
11-09-2007, 12:45 AM
whao....bro, nice collection.. reason why i didnt cont to buy is btw the previous 2 season to current this season is there are very very minor changes only, this season with the yellow trim ard the neck is nice..

the yellow one was which season? days of rubbish mike walker? or howard kendall 2nd stint?
if i can rem, maybe pat nevin wore the yellow one???? graham stuart? mikeal madar? paul rideout? kekekeke

Hi Bro,

the yellow one was a gift from a good friend of mine. it was the 1985 season.

he actually bought the wrong one!!! haha. i actually like the one that they wore during the 1986 season (top is white n bottom is blue-lineker era)...haha...bobian...still NEC..haha

& actually the Chang Beer n the latest season jersey were from him too!!!haha

wat pat nevin i miss him..i think we won the 1995 FA cup due to him n Southall credit man....u try Chang beer b4?

u can take a look at this website if u like old days football jersey:
http://www.toffs.com/icat/everton

regards,

Garage1
11-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Hi Bro,

the yellow one was a gift from a good friend of mine. it was the 1985 season.

he actually bought the wrong one!!! haha. i actually like the one that they wore during the 1986 season (top is white n bottom is blue-lineker era)...haha...bobian...still NEC..haha

& actually the Chang Beer n the latest season jersey were from him too!!!haha

wat pat nevin i miss him..i think we won the 1995 FA cup due to him n Southall credit man....u try Chang beer b4?

u can take a look at this website if u like old days football jersey:
http://www.toffs.com/icat/everton

regards,

memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfQ8ciXrMk

tomvoyeur
11-09-2007, 04:06 AM
here r mine
my fav still the NEC...hehe

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/mokermania/EFCJERSEYS.jpg

I only have 2 jerseys - One is 96 (emblazoned with Jeffers at the back!! Haa)and the other is 05....But I agreed that the new design bears little changes to the previous 2 editions....Unless you wan to take a look at the away jersey...

http://www.shop.evertonfc.com/content/shop/prodselect/ProdPictureZoom.aspx?PRODCODE=706795

memories

Who can ever forget Maradona??? :)

mokermania
11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
memories

wah tks for the memories......will watch the rest later only watch the begining part as in office...hehe

there is this England squad singing ( i din 1990 WC squad??). it still my fav england squad....

tks for the memories!!!!

mokermania
11-09-2007, 09:57 AM
I only have 2 jerseys - One is 96 (emblazoned with Jeffers at the back!! Haa)and the other is 05....But I agreed that the new design bears little changes to the previous 2 editions....Unless you wan to take a look at the away jersey...
Who can ever forget Maradona??? :)

was the 1996 sponsor is One to One? wat a classic too man.
my friend actually wanted to get me the dark blue/grey away jersey but i told me don wan cos they lost to reading in that away color...haha so get the home for me..hehe

but 1 din i wanna share. the printing quality of name n number in local is different from UK. my bro have ordered 1 from UK b4 & n we compared...really different!!! UK print is like the word Chang type of quality where the local one r like will "pop" up type of print.(like badges)

oh the Hand of God...
haha nw got heart problem(kena punish by god!!)haha

regards

mokermania
11-09-2007, 03:33 PM
wat pat nevin i miss him..i think we won the 1995 FA cup due to him n Southall credit man....

oops not pat nevin it shld b Anders Limpar:o

WRX_STI
11-09-2007, 03:57 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/mokermania/EFCJERSEYS.jpg nice collection bro :) BLUE is the colour for both our camps!

Garage1
12-09-2007, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=tomvoyeur;2266552]I only have 2 jerseys - One is 96 (emblazoned with Jeffers at the back!! Haa)and the other is 05....But I agreed that the new design bears little changes to the previous 2 editions....Unless you wan to take a look at the away jersey...
QUOTE]

oh my god, francis jeffers!!!!!!!! the teen prodigy rumoured to be the next big thing that year...maybe too much money and and playing for sheff wed??

tomvoyeur
12-09-2007, 02:20 AM
was the 1996 sponsor is One to One? wat a classic too man.
my friend actually wanted to get me the dark blue/grey away jersey but i told me don wan cos they lost to reading in that away color...haha so get the home for me..hehe

but 1 din i wanna share. the printing quality of name n number in local is different from UK. my bro have ordered 1 from UK b4 & n we compared...really different!!! UK print is like the word Chang type of quality where the local one r like will "pop" up type of print.(like badges)

Its indeed one to one!! But the local style of printing is less lasting than the UK so my jersey is not in a fantastic shape at the moment....I never like the away jersey that season - looks bad n brings no luck to the team...

oops not pat nevin it shld b Anders Limpar

Thats sounds more familiar to a young folk like me....I still recall Anders on the left n Andrei Kanchevski on the right, they were the classic wingers of that time!! :)

[QUOTE=tomvoyeur;2266552]oh my god, francis jeffers!!!!!!!! the teen prodigy rumoured to be the next big thing that year...maybe too much money and and playing for sheff wed??

Haa....I kinda of lost track of the 'Fox in the box' after his disastrous move to Arsenal...What a foxy move indeed...:p

mokermania
12-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Thats sounds more familiar to a young folk like me....I still recall Anders on the left n Andrei Kanchevski on the right, they were the classic wingers of that time!! :)

ya loh 1st time wear the new season dark blue this season at Reading lost!!!
sometimes the jersey play a part too..haha

wah hw i wish these 2 wingers r still in theit mid 20s and together with Arteta, cahill in the midfield it will b great man....:)

wat makes u support Everton? im glad to see young ones supporting them.

as for me, they r 1 of the TOP 2 teams(mid 80s) in the Div 1 and Lineker really caught my attention when he played for them (30 puls goals in that only season with the Toffees)

regards,

Garage1
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
ya loh 1st time wear the new season dark blue this season at Reading lost!!!
sometimes the jersey play a part too..haha

wah hw i wish these 2 wingers r still in theit mid 20s and together with Arteta, cahill in the midfield it will b great man.

as for me, they r 1 of the TOP 2 teams(mid 80s) in the Div 1 and Lineker really caught my attention when he played for them (30 puls goals in that only season with the Toffees)

regards,

u know the question what makes u support everton was the top question asked by the true evertonians in uk, cos they were curious to know what made us support everton outside of the city/country..
my answer was prob due to gary lineker,peter reid,gary stevens,greme sharp,ratchliffe,southall,sheedy, the team from the 80s..

not to mention, our poor league form during the 90s caused by the lousy mike walker , and walter smith! those last day relegation battles, omg!!!!!! a sign of relief..

seriously best moment so far being an evertonian.. 3-0 victory over the reds..last season!!!!! ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 thing i like to share over my meeting with the fans from uk is that the local accent they speak is very hard to understand..im sorry i didnt have any pics to show.. wasted..but i have this small ticket memento..

http://pics.montypics.com/jerroldscv/2007-09-11/1189583646_dsc02821.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/jerroldscv/2007-09-11/1189583668_dsc02824.jpg

mokermania
12-09-2007, 04:53 PM
u know the question what makes u support everton was the top question asked by the true evertonians in uk, cos they were curious to know what made us support everton outside of the city/country..
my answer was prob due to gary lineker,peter reid,gary stevens,greme sharp,ratchliffe,southall,sheedy, the team from the 80s..

not to mention, our poor league form during the 90s caused by the lousy mike walker , and walter smith! those last day relegation battles, omg!!!!!! a sign of relief..

seriously best moment so far being an evertonian.. 3-0 victory over the reds..last season!!!!! ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 thing i like to share over my meeting with the fans from uk is that the local accent they speak is very hard to understand..im sorry i didnt have any pics to show.. wasted..but i have this small ticket memento..

http://pics.montypics.com/jerroldscv/2007-09-11/1189583646_dsc02821.jpg

http://pics.montypics.com/jerroldscv/2007-09-11/1189583668_dsc02824.jpg

Hi Garage1,

glad to knw that we from the same era(mayb)...haha

wah tks for sharing yr ticket. at least u have watch them played "live" b4. me still no chance only tks to ch 27..hehe

yes i wld agreed that last season win against our neighbour wa the best i ever seen..really very happy. and i was still wearing EFC jersey at home after a football game that evening.....

hw do the UK Toffees fans react when they see us (Asian Toffees fan)?

imagine we all go the the Goodison Park(or new stadium in Kirby) 1 day with a banner say SBF Toffees Fan Tour...hehe

hey guys, let share more of yr Toffees memento/jersey pic if there r any instead of jus plain text here....hehe

regards n tks

Garage1
12-09-2007, 05:11 PM
this is what i manage to dig out from the old singapore evertonians website

http://sinblues.proboards12.com/index.cgi?board=tcsc&action=display&thread=1122921625

more pics!!!!!!!!!

Garage1
12-09-2007, 05:13 PM
and for get to add, I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mai envy hor!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

mokermania
12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
and for get to add, I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mai envy hor!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

haha... happy for u:)

tomvoyeur
13-09-2007, 02:51 AM

I started watching football when Maradona was playing for Napoli...So when the EPL gained prominence in Sg, I was naturally attracted to teams in blue and that includes Everton. Back then I was drawn to Everton becoz of its rich history ( club with the longest history in english top flight) n Southall...Feeling inspired, I frequently volunteer to b goalkeeper during my sch days but my fave position changed to being a striker after DF came on board..haa...

The 90s was a lean period for the blues and there were not many toffee personalities during that time so its not a surprise that they failed to attract the younger fans....I can only remember Dave Watson, Southall, Anders Limapr, AK and Big Dunc providing the thrills for the toffees during the 90s...

my answer was prob due to gary lineker,peter reid,gary stevens,greme sharp,ratchliffe,southall,sheedy, the team from the 80s....

I missed the heady days of the 80s but i did witnessed Watson lifting the FA Cup for the 5th time for Everton in 95...Hee

imagine we all go the the Goodison Park(or new stadium in Kirby) 1 day with a banner say SBF Toffees Fan Tour...hehe

hey guys, let share more of yr Toffees memento/jersey pic if there r any instead of jus plain text here....hehe

So r u planning a tour soon??? Haa

Would love to take a few pics of my small collection but 1st up, I would need to get a new phone with a camera function! Can u imagine that I still own a 1st generation HP when ppl r already into 3G...

this is what i manage to dig out from the old singapore evertonians website

Is the club still active??

and for get to add, I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mai envy hor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pity they didnt come down to asia during the close season...:o

Garage1
13-09-2007, 03:02 PM
I started watching football when Maradona was playing for Napoli...So when the EPL gained prominence in Sg, I was naturally attracted to teams in blue and that includes Everton. Back then I was drawn to Everton becoz of its rich history ( club with the longest history in english top flight) n Southall...Feeling inspired, I frequently volunteer to b goalkeeper during my sch days but my fave position changed to being a striker after DF came on board..haa...

The 90s was a lean period for the blues and there were not many toffee personalities during that time so its not a surprise that they failed to attract the younger fans....I can only remember Dave Watson, Southall, Anders Limapr, AK and Big Dunc providing the thrills for the toffees during the 90s...

I missed the heady days of the 80s but i did witnessed Watson lifting the FA Cup for the 5th time for Everton in 95...Hee

So r u planning a tour soon??? Haa

Would love to take a few pics of my small collection but 1st up, I would need to get a new phone with a camera function! Can u imagine that I still own a 1st generation HP when ppl r already into 3G...

Is the club still active??

Pity they didnt come down to asia during the close season...:o

dun worry bro, i am STILL using a 1st generation HP as well..not cam too, nokia 8850

i dun think the sg evertonians club is active anymore.. not sure as there arent anymore new postings..maybe we shld form the new sg evertonians and start the fan base from SBF.. hahahaha

i think the only chance everton can come down here is, they change CHANG to tiger beer , hahahahaha

tomvoyeur
14-09-2007, 02:38 AM
dun worry bro, i am STILL using a 1st generation HP as well..not cam too, nokia 8850

Should change phone already...Taking pics with ur phone is a nice way to pick up chicks LOL....

i dun think the sg evertonians club is active anymore.. not sure as there arent anymore new postings..maybe we shld form the new sg evertonians and start the fan base from SBF.. hahahaha

Good idea....But now membership only 3 - u, me n mokermania....

i think the only chance everton can come down here is, they change CHANG to tiger beer , hahahahaha

I think Chang beer looks nicer on the jersey...Tiger looks more like S-league club LOL...

Garage1
15-09-2007, 07:05 PM
come on u blues!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahnook78
15-09-2007, 07:16 PM
My second favourite team...:D

tomvoyeur
15-09-2007, 09:55 PM
come on u blues!!!!!!!!!!!

SAD!!! :(

My second favourite team...

Ur blessing is not enough....:o

Garage1
16-09-2007, 07:25 PM
SAD!!! :(

Ur blessing is not enough....:o

bro, thats right
we played well and held man u to almost no chance, man yoo didnt played well at all..and scored due to a fierce header from vidic..
we are still lying in a healthy 5-6th place..

pros - baines, AJ,hibbert, played well
cons - pienaar,anichibe,osman , all played like shit!

tomvoyeur
17-09-2007, 02:17 AM
pros - baines, AJ,hibbert, played well
cons - pienaar,anichibe,osman , all played like shit!

Man Utd was plain lucky to win last night...But I also do not see fire from the Everton players...I was quite dissapointed that Gravesen did not play; he should at least be on the subs bench...AJ also did not impress me despite his hard running....:o

qbdp
17-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Man Utd was plain lucky to win last night...But I also do not see fire from the Everton players...I was quite dissapointed that Gravesen did not play; he should at least be on the subs bench...AJ also did not impress me despite his hard running....:o

Yes. Everton were unlucky to lose to a great header. Why was Yakubu taken off? I thought he was more effective than Johnson.

Everton will be a tough nut to crack this season and will get better when Cahill is back. :)

mokermania
17-09-2007, 12:00 PM
that football loh....
u really need some luck sometimes in a tight game like this one.

well i did not watch the game but i would like 2 knw d our Toffees play well? only read from newpaper that say Baines played well against CR.....:)

regards,

tomvoyeur
18-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Yes. Everton were unlucky to lose to a great header. Why was Yakubu taken off? I thought he was more effective than Johnson.

Everton will be a tough nut to crack this season and will get better when Cahill is back.

Yak was losing his presence towards the end. Guess he is still not match fit yet....Its also a pity that James Macfadden came in so late into the game considering his recent scoring form...:o

We really miss Cahill man!!Currently the team is too reliant on Arteta to create chances. My bold suggestion is to drop Neville n put Gravesen in to freshen the team....

well i did not watch the game but i would like 2 knw d our Toffees play well? only read from newpaper that say Baines played well against CR.....

Baines shackled Ronaldo throughout the entire game...He is looking good enough for England too....:)

JWNY
18-09-2007, 01:00 PM
when is the next toffees match..want to be there with my bros :)

JWNY

Garage1
18-09-2007, 04:01 PM
when is the next toffees match..want to be there with my bros :)

JWNY

u got curfew, suggest we watch with u the repeat telecast better! :D

Garage1
18-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Yak was losing his presence towards the end. Guess he is still not match fit yet....Its also a pity that James Macfadden came in so late into the game considering his recent scoring form...:o

We really miss Cahill man!!Currently the team is too reliant on Arteta to create chances. My bold suggestion is to drop Neville n put Gravesen in to freshen the team....

Baines shackled Ronaldo throughout the entire game...He is looking good enough for England too.

yes i agree with u bro, wonder why wasnt mcfadden came in earlier..or maybe man yoo came too late in the game thats why!
Neville ? hahah, he is 1 guy with no skills but 100% hardwork..gravesen was injured.yes we do miss cahill..arteta was working too much alone and osman was too lightweight for his man yoo counterparts..
still i have doubts over pieneer!!!!! he looks too lightweight and weak.. maybe it time we bring in drunkard master van de meyde?????? :D

tomvoyeur
19-09-2007, 01:44 AM
when is the next toffees match..want to be there with my bros

Yo bro, hows work over the weekend??

Toffess match wldnt b shown this weekend....:o

u got curfew, suggest we watch with u the repeat telecast better!

Our dear bro's curfew does not apply for football get-together LOL...

still i have doubts over pieneer!!!!! he looks too lightweight and weak.. maybe it time we bring in drunkard master van de meyde??????

I also cant wait for a rejuvenated meyde to take the field but currently pienner is what we got to inject some flair into the team....Currently toffees is playing a very straitlaced game with no width...With Cahill back, hopefully this will allow arteta n pieneer to tear down the opponents' flanks...:)

JWNY
19-09-2007, 01:47 AM
u got curfew, suggest we watch with u the repeat telecast better!

I make it up to both of my bros...SAN-YAA :)

JWNY

tomvoyeur
19-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I make it up to both of my bros...SAN-YAA

Chang beer for ur fellow toffees bros?? ;)

JWNY
19-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Chang beer for ur fellow toffees bros?? ;) Black cat also can...Kilkenny for me :D

JWNY

Garage1
19-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Black cat also can...Kilkenny for me :D

JWNY

hehehhehe, but i dun drink ley..
chel man u is on sunday what time?

tomvoyeur
19-09-2007, 03:47 AM
hehehhehe, but i dun drink ley..
chel man u is on sunday what time?

I can drink on ur behalf...kekeke

The match is on at 11pm....Right now its Porto vs Liverpool....Go Porto!!!! :D

Garage1
19-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Yo bro, hows work over the weekend??

Toffess match wldnt b shown this weekend....:o

I also cant wait for a rejuvenated meyde to take the field but currently pienner is what we got to inject some flair into the team....Currently toffees is playing a very straitlaced game with no width...With Cahill back, hopefully this will allow arteta n pieneer to tear down the opponents' flanks...:)

i also cant wait for drunkard master meyde to show whats he got..
dun think he even got 90mins under moyes

tomvoyeur
19-09-2007, 03:55 AM
i also cant wait for drunkard master meyde to show whats he got..
dun think he even got 90mins under moyes

His indiscipline just irks moyes...How do u expect to get a game when u piss off ur boss to no end???

Garage1
22-09-2007, 02:49 AM
im sure we all need to watch this highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bohGXq6C1iU

enjoy!

tomvoyeur
22-09-2007, 07:38 PM
im sure we all need to watch this highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bohGXq6C1iU

enjoy!

Cant really say that I enjoyed this performance....A draw at home against a minnow is not vintage performance for a club with european ambitions...

The 2 penalty misses really revealed the low confidence of AJ at the moment...But the match did reveal Moyes' plans to play with a 4-3-3 formation which I think maybe a good option for Everton given their current lack of orthodox wingers....

JWNY
22-09-2007, 10:27 PM
AJ in my fantasy squad...he will not let me down... :)

Jwny on e90

Garage1
22-09-2007, 10:49 PM
AJ in my fantasy squad...he will not let me down... :)

Jwny on e90

am i in yr fantasy squad? :D
bro, i still think souness is the man for chelsea!

tomvoyeur
22-09-2007, 11:19 PM
AJ in my fantasy squad...he will not let me down...

He is also in my squad but his confidence is riding low now....

On paper, Souness seems a better choice than Grant LOL...

JWNY
23-09-2007, 02:10 AM
On paper, Souness seems a better choice than Grant LOL... yes bros..even P N Sivaji seems more qualified :D

JWNY

tomvoyeur
23-09-2007, 04:16 PM
yes bros..even P N Sivaji seems more qualified

Bro, u like that say P N Sivaji good meh?? :D

Toffees rally behind Johnson

The England striker missed two spot-kicks - one twice-taken - as the Toffees were held to a 1-1 UEFA Cup draw on Thursday by nine-man Metalist Kharkiv at Goodison Park.

Whether Johnson retains the penalty duties in Sunday's Premier League clash at Aston Villa remains to be seen, with boss David Moyes admitting he had not discussed it with his players yet.

Much will depend on whether midfielder Mikel Arteta has recovered from an ankle injury to play, because the Spaniard has been the regular penalty-taker at Goodison Park over the last couple of seasons.

Moyes said: "I don't know about Mikel yet, I hope he will be OK. If he had been on the pitch I am sure he and Andy would have argued about it.

"But I made the decision on Thursday who should take them, and I decided on Andy, I was more than happy about that decision.

"I have not spoken to Andy yet about what happened, but we will do over the next couple of days. We are not looking back, we will concentrate on Aston Villa and being ready for that.

"I am not that bothered about penalty-kicks, they can be missed. You hope in the main you put them away and in general Andy has done that when he has put them away.

"The first one should have counted in my view, if there was an infringement in the first one so was there in the second, there was encroachment all the time."

Johnson has not scored for Everton since March, and it is believed he may not have started on Thursday had Arteta been fit, but Moyes said: "Andy's form has not been a problem. We would like him to get some goals but certainly his form has been fine.

"His work-rate for the team is excellent, like it always is, and I am sure his goals will come."

Skipper Neville also backed his England squad colleague, saying: "Andy will be fine and he knows he has got our total support.

"The one thing he showed was that he has got balls. To go up and take three successive penalties takes some nerve.

"There was not a lot wrong with the first one, but the fact that he still wanted the ball in the last minute to take another shows the type of lad he is.

"He is obviously disappointed but we have a big game now this weekend and I am sure he will be ready for that."

*Hope the man is strong enough to recover in time to bang in a few goals for Toffees against Aston Villa tonight!!*:)

tomvoyeur
23-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Double post deleted

Cum_Luver
23-09-2007, 07:13 PM
tonight's match against Aston Villa will be a tough match.
most of the time, it ended in a Draw...

Garage1
23-09-2007, 07:35 PM

agree with u bro, villa are a fucking boring draw specialist.

tomvoyeur
23-09-2007, 08:27 PM

Depending on how well Moyes can rally his troops after the Uefa Cup disapointment, Everton still stand a pretty good chance of getting something from tonite's match. Villa is not, by any means, unbeatable.

agree with u bro, villa are a fucking boring draw specialist.

I watched them play against Chelsea n their 2 speed monsters, Ag n Young, are absolutely a joy to watch when they r tearing down the flanks. Hope they dun do the same against toffees tonite. :)

Garage1
23-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Depending on how well Moyes can rally his troops after the Uefa Cup disapointment, Everton still stand a pretty good chance of getting something from tonite's match. Villa is not, by any means, unbeatable.

I watched them play against Chelsea n their 2 speed monsters, Ag n Young, are absolutely a joy to watch when they r tearing down the flanks. Hope they dun do the same against toffees tonite. :)

damn down 2-0.. 62mins..
we really miss the senior like gravsen n cahill

Garage1
reporting live by ericsson 388

tomvoyeur
24-09-2007, 02:36 AM
damn down 2-0.. 62mins..
we really miss the senior like gravsen n cahill

Our midfield is missing sparks from Cahill n Arteta. Furthermore, Osman n Neville is really not EPL quality. Archie is totally lost in attack n Yak looked disinterested when he came on. Moyes really has his hands full now turning the situation around. :(

tomvoyeur
28-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Club News

Everton boss David Moyes must fork out £2million if he wants to sign Swindon goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. (4 what??? :confused: )

Andy van der Meyde has been handed one final chance to prove himself fit at Everton after David Moyes lifted a club suspension on the maverick midfielder. ( the man is back!! Hopefully, we can get the best out of him this time. :) )

Reading boss Steve Coppell hopes to take advantage of the chaos at Chelsea by re-signing Steve Sidwell. ( Maybe Moyes can sign Sidwell and move Neville to fullback position permanently.)

Everton want David Moyes to create a Sir Alex Ferguson-style dynasty at Goodison Park. ( No money, how can?? Signs)

Garage1
30-09-2007, 01:34 PM
i just received this email from the SG evertonians forum..

hi All,

Extracted all these email addresses from our SG Evertonians Forum.

Our derby game @ home is an early kickoff, definitely a LIVE on Matchday. If you are keen to join in and watch together with our fellow SG Toffees, return an email to me (Venue to be confirmed).

Let's make this turnout even bigger than the one we had some seasons back when Rooney scored the wonder goal against Arsenal, about 50 of us were present then.

The atmosphere is different catching the derby with fellow toffees... once an evertonian forever an evertonian.

Regards,
Tony

anybody interested???

tomvoyeur
30-09-2007, 01:52 PM
anybody interested???

When is the derby game?

Garage1
30-09-2007, 04:42 PM
When is the derby game?

bro, OCT 20th is the big day for us blues!
im interested to go.. hopefully can finally meet up with U and mokermania........and of cos another blue JWNY
i met up a few of the sg evertonians from last time, so if we join up, maybe we not so lonely.. wahhaha,
shld be a early kick off again i guess

Cum_Luver
30-09-2007, 06:49 PM
tonight's match against Middlesbrough is another tough one for Everton.
but i believe Everton should win it maybe by a goal margin...
without Gravsen, the midfield area is a bit light weight...

tomvoyeur
30-09-2007, 10:32 PM
bro, OCT 20th is the big day for us blues!
im interested to go.. hopefully can finally meet up with U and mokermania........and of cos another blue JWNY
i met up a few of the sg evertonians from last time, so if we join up, maybe we not so lonely.. wahhaha,
shld be a early kick off again i guess

I will be available on 20th after 6pm. Where is the place you guys have in mind?

tonight's match against Middlesbrough is another tough one for Everton.
but i believe Everton should win it maybe by a goal margin...
without Gravsen, the midfield area is a bit light weight...

Haven seen the starting lineup yet but we definitely need Gravesen to pull some strings in the midfield, else it will be another miserable night for toffees fans again. :o

Garage1
30-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I will be available on 20th after 6pm. Where is the place you guys have in mind?

Haven seen the starting lineup yet but we definitely need Gravesen to pull some strings in the midfield, else it will be another miserable night for toffees fans again. :o

bro, i have emailed him asking where is the location, he has told me they have not yet decide a place yet but it will be centralised for sure..

on the match against boro.. i saw van de meyde on the bench! maybe he could get 5 mins on the match? and then he needs to go join his mates down at the pub after the match.. wahahhaha

tomvoyeur
01-10-2007, 12:16 AM
bro, i have emailed him asking where is the location, he has told me they have not yet decide a place yet but it will be centralised for sure..

Ok great. Keep me posted. :)

on the match against boro.. i saw van de meyde on the bench! maybe he could get 5 mins on the match? and then he needs to go join his mates down at the pub after the match.. wahahhaha

He is a potential match winner, if he gets his mind on playing for Everton.

Toffees are leading 1-0 but looking at their defending, I dunno how long can they soak up the pressure from Boro in the 2nd half. :o

Garage1
01-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Ok great. Keep me posted. :)

He is a potential match winner, if he gets his mind on playing for Everton.

Toffees are leading 1-0 but looking at their defending, I dunno how long can they soak up the pressure from Boro in the 2nd half. :o

looks like w emanage to gain another win.badly needed this win to keep us within the top 6..
reports say cahill is aiming to be back for derby day!

Garage1
01-10-2007, 12:50 AM

tomvoyeur
01-10-2007, 01:13 AM
looks like w emanage to gain another win.badly needed this win to keep us within the top 6..
reports say cahill is aiming to be back for derby day!

We are lucky to escape with 3 points given the numerous chances that Boro has. We really need another central defender to replace Stubbs bearing in mind that Yobo will be away for the African Nations Cup in Dec.

Cahill will be a welcome addition for the derby match. This will release some pressure on Arteta. Pienaar is looking better and better after each game. With AVM in the picture now after his rehabilitation, hopefully we can have more match winners in the midfield.

In attack, Yak is still finding his feet in Goodison Park. He really has to work a lot harder to fulfil the promise to the fans.

Meanwhile, lets enjoy the top 5 place in EPL and hope for a miracle in Ukraine in midweek. :)

Cum_Luver
01-10-2007, 07:07 AM
another win n 3 pts for the Toffees...
well done !:D

Garage1
01-10-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2007/09/28/power-of-positive-thinking-eases-van-der-meyde-s-anguish-100252-19862743/

tomvoyeur
02-10-2007, 02:15 AM
another win n 3 pts for the Toffees...
well done !

Hopefully we can nick another 3 pts on 20th Oct LOL...:D

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2007/09/28/power-of-positive-thinking-eases-van-der-meyde-s-anguish-100252-19862743/

I cant wait for AVM to unleash his god-given talents on the rest of EPL. Lets keep our fingers crossed. :)

Garage1
03-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Hopefully we can nick another 3 pts on 20th Oct LOL...:D

I cant wait for AVM to unleash his god-given talents on the rest of EPL. Lets keep our fingers crossed. :)

me too.. really hope to see 90mins of van de meyde!

mokermania
03-10-2007, 11:02 AM
me too.. really hope to see 90mins of van de meyde!

hi guys,

read from newpaper abt his new born daughter condition mayb that causes him to missed training n go drking......

and he is bk to train with the rest of the Squad n he has spoken to Moyes n the boss understand n hope he can RISE TO THE OCCASION since the boss have forgive him....:)

tomvoyeur
04-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Moyes to check on Toffees pair

Both players have been suffering from groin problems but were in the travelling party that left for Ukraine as David Moyes' side look to secure a place in the group stages following a 1-1 draw two weeks ago.

Nuno Valente remains doubtful with a foot injury but the tie has come too soon for Thomas Gravesen following a knee problem.

Everton (from): Howard, Wessels, Hibbert, Stubbs, Lescott, Yobo, Baines, Valente, Pienaar, Arteta, Carsley, Neville, Jagielka, Osman, Johnson, McFadden, Yakubu, Anichebe.

*I cant see AVM in the squad!! :eek: *

Garage1
05-10-2007, 01:56 AM
lets hope we can get past this ukraine side tonight!!!!!!!

tomvoyeur
05-10-2007, 02:07 AM
lets hope we can get past this ukraine side tonight!!!!!!!

Is it showing live tonight? I cant find any listing of the match showing on SCV. :(

Garage1
05-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Is it showing live tonight? I cant find any listing of the match showing on SCV. :(

bro, dun think showing live, maybe too expensive to fly the TV crew to ukraine..lol

ANDYSIAO14
05-10-2007, 05:07 AM
FC Metalist Kharkiv 2-3 Everton

Everton secured a place in the group stages of the UEFA Cup as a battling second-half display brought a 3-2 win in their first-round second-leg match.

They looked on their way out of the competition at the break in front of a passionate home support in the Ukraine.

But goals from Joleon Lescott, James McFadden and substitute Victor Anichebe sealed a big win for David Moyes' team.

Everton's last foray into Europe two years ago ended in double disappointment when they made early exits in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup.

Metalist, who lie fourth in the Ukraine league, were backed by an estimated 30,000 passionate fans.

They had the advantage of an away goal and expectation was high among the home support.

Lacha Jacobiya found space on the edge of the area but lofted his effort over the bar.

Skipper Phil Neville suggested before the match they might have to show patience and they were being forced to defend in the early stages.

Goalkeeper Tim Howard was called into action after 15 minutes and did well to parry a shot from Edmar to safety.

Metalist took the lead on the night and 2-1 on aggregate through Edmar in the 21st minute.

It was a cool finish from the Brazilian, low into the corner, following some nice build-up play involving Marko Devic.

Everton were rocked by that goal before McFadden weaved his way forward on the 20th minute, however his efforts failed to test the goalkeeper.

A minute later Jakobia stung Howard's fingers with a shot from distance.

Everton squandered a great chance to score in the 38th minute when McFadden picked out Steven Pienaar.

He delivered a good cross into the area but Leon Osman's header was easily taken by the goalkeeper.

While McFadden was doing a lot of running Yakubu was finding it difficult to get into the game.

McFadden was determined to turn things but was unlucky to see a sweetly struck shot from 25 yards find the roof of the net in the 41st minute.

The game took a different complexion in the 48th minute when Lescott pulled Everton level.

He swept the ball in from almost on the goal-line after Pienaar had delivered the cross.

It was the defender's fifth goal of the season - he is Everton's highest scorer - but their hopes of building on that strike lasted only four minutes.

Howard was furious at his defence as Hicham Mahdoufi restored Metalist's one-goal advantage.

He scored from the rebound after Devic's effort beat Howard but came back off the post.

Certainly Metalist were playing all the football and inspired by a raucous crowd.

It was hard to believe Everton were lying fifth in the Barclays Premier League after their victory against Middlesbrough on Sunday.

Edmar and Jacobiya were proving difficult opponents for the visitors.

Moyes switched things around in the 63rd minute bringing on striker Anichebe for Phil Jagielka.

It was a brave move. He gave support to McFadden and Ayegbeni Yakubu with Everton desperate for a second goal.

McFadden almost got it in the 69th minute but the goalkeeper made a brave block.

Everton showed their battling qualities to draw level on aggregate in the 72nd minute.

Anichebe released McFadden and he swept the ball home after a quick turn and shot.

The Goodison side now had the advantage due to the away goals rule and Anichebe sealed a fine victory by taking advantage of a defensive muddle two minutes from time.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=228896&cc=4716

Garage1
05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Player Ratings
It's funny, but as soon as Everton got that first goal I knew everything was going to be good.

Getting that first goal and cancelling out the away goal was the tricky part. I didn't panic when they went 1-0 up because I knew a single goal from Everton would force extra time.

I didn't panic when they went 2-1 up because I knew that Everton still needed just a single goal to win on away goals. I think maybe the players knew that too and that's why they got better after Lescott's goal.

Let's not kid ourselves, though. Everton made very hard work of a team they really should have rolled over easily.

Here's my ratings for the game:-

Tim Howard
Was Everton's best player in the first half. Claimed everything that came his way and made some nice saves. He even attempted to shout his defence out of their slumber.
Rating: 7

Phil Neville
A surprise choice at right back. Struggled early on as Metalist's movement pulled Neville and his partners out of positions. Totally disappeared for their first goal. His passing wasn't exactly better then Hibbert's either. Did better in the second half and made a couple of important tackles.
Rating: 6

Joleon Lescott
Our leading goal scorer continues his on-fire form in front of goal. Played out of position but still managed to be Everton's best defender. Apart from his goal Lescott was the only Everton defender looking comfortable at the back. His runs up the left flank were very impressive if only he could figure out how to cross a ball. Very good performance.
Rating: 8

Joseph Yobo
Not a good day for Yobo. Maybe being dropped for the last couple of games has effected his confidence. Far too often he got caught out of position and he was never as commanding at the back as we know he can be. The very average Metalist strikers were given too much freedom from Yobo who will struggle to keep his place on this form.
Rating: 5

Alan Stubbs
Did better then Yobo and made a couple of great last ditch challenges. His lack of pace may be the reason Everton defended so deep? Still Stubbs at times managed to keep a degree of composure while Yobo and Neville were being pulled apart.

Phil Jagielka
So this is why Moyes has used him as a substitute so much. Looked completely out of his depth. Jagielka is a player trying to find his feet in the Everton team and Euro football at this time looks to be a step to far. I don't think he's suitable for a midfield role and would rather have seen him at right-back with Neville in midfield. A night Jagielka will want to forget. I just hope he's given some time to settle because he is a good player.

Steven Pienaar
In the first half Metalist midfield dominated and Pienaar looked pretty lost. His diminutive physique doesn't help him. As Everton grew in stature in the second half so did Pienaar. He started to see more of the ball, found some space and got a couple of nice shots in. Still to similar to Osman to play in the same team as him but he's proving a useful squad player.

Mikel Arteta
Personally I think he was a big disappointment tonight. The European games is where Arteta needs to prove his worth if he really wants to get into that Spanish squad. This was a chance to use his undoubted ability and pick Metalist apart but he never really got going. He wasn't Everton's worst player but he was nowhere near as good as we know he can be.

Leon Osman
Did his best to cause problems for Metalist but really struggled to get into the game. Like Pienaar he looked lost in the first half but got better as Everton did. Can do better and hopefully will develop into a decent Euro player as the competition goes on.

Yakubu
I'm getting tired of saying it but this is not a £11 million striker. He's lazy, he doesn't hold the ball up well, he doesn't have fantastic pace and let's be honest he was embarrassed by a young Anichebe who cost Everton £11 million less. Frankly I was glad to see Moyes drag him off. Can't wait for January when Moyes can try and find some suckers to take him off our hands.

James McFadden
In the first half he was frustrating, shooting when he should have passed, losing the ball too easily but at least he was clearly trying his best to make something happen. McFadden is close to becoming a great little player. He's got great feet, good vision and a little pace. Took his goal very well. Metalist struggled to contain McFadden at times and he's done enough to keep his place for awhile longer.

Victor Anichebe
Came on in the second half and really changed the game. Caused Metalist more problems in his brief appearance then Yakubu did the whole game. Even managed to hold the ball up and let his midfielders get up the pitch to join him. How wrong is it that I genuinely believe that our £11 million Yakubu can learn something from Anichebe. Showed great composure and confidence when taking his goal and sealing the win.

David Moyes
Made some big choices. No Hibbert or Baines. Neville at right back. Jagielka over Carsley. To be fair not all of them worked and Everton's poor first half probably earned them a Moyes-rocket at half time. It clearly worked because Everton came out a better team and scored right after kick-off. Moyes also made great substitutions. While old skipper Kevin Rattcliffe was busy telling us all that defensive midfielder Lee Carsley was the way to success, Moyes made a very attacking substitution bringing on Anichebe for Jagielka, it could have lead to Metalist exploiting yet more room at the back, a dangerous move considering Everton at that stage only needed a single goal to go through. Luckily, Anichebe changed the game and Moyes must be given credit for that brave decision. He didn't get everything right on the night but for what must have been an inspiring half-time chat (they scored three goals in the second half) and a brave substitution Moyes deserves the satisfaction of further Euro games.

Overall it was a difficult night but it ended well and the Euro adventure at last begins. Most relieved man must be Andy Johnson, whose two penalty misses can now be forgotten as trivia. Well done boys.

link from toffeeweb

Garage1
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
i have receive a forwarded email from the sg evertonians......below are the details----------------------------------------------

hi Fellow Evertonians,

Call Y'self an Evertonian? It's time to show up & be counted!!!

Match: Everton vs Liverpool
When: Saturday, 20th October 2007
What Time Is It? 7.45pm (Early Kick-Off)
Where: Shamus O'Donnells (SODs) @ Tras Street (Near to Tanjong Pagar MRT Station)

Evertonians are born, not manufactured. We do not choose, we are chosen. Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't.... don't matter.

Some names expected to show up, in case you miss these old kakis:

We have 300 Evertonians showing up.... One Evertonian is worth 20 Liverpudians.

- Yeo
- Ariff - Edwin
- Rizal
- Tommy
- Rizal,
- Jimmy
- Jaspul
- Lewis
- Raja
- Jerome
- Kelvin
- Psycho
- Tony & Ian

Those who wish they are around...
- Henry Mok Watching @ Goodison!
- Neill
- Andy
- Simon Rock

Regards,
Tony

bro tom, mokermania? how how how??? shall we???? or no?????
what do u guys think?

tomvoyeur
06-10-2007, 02:55 AM
Joleon Lescott
Our leading goal scorer continues his on-fire form in front of goal. Played out of position but still managed to be Everton's best defender. Apart from his goal Lescott was the only Everton defender looking comfortable at the back. His runs up the left flank were very impressive if only he could figure out how to cross a ball. Very good performance.

Joleon is now in the England team!! Hurray! :D

bro tom, mokermania? how how how??? shall we???? or no?????
what do u guys think?

Why not? But I really dunno where the place is...;)

tomvoyeur
06-10-2007, 03:05 AM
Moyes aims to be 'great leader'

Boss Moyes was talking just hours after bringing his squad back from Kharkiv in Ukraine, where Everton had achieved a remarkable 3-2 second-leg win in their UEFA Cup qualifying tie, 4-3 on aggregate.

Having seen his team lose out in the Champions League and UEFA Cups two years ago, Moyes clearly cherished the moment.

He now attempts to revive tired bodies and minds in time for Sunday's Premier League trip to Newcastle, but with the knowledge that Everton will be in Tuesday's group stages draw in Nyon, Switzerland.

Moyes said: "There is nobody with bigger expectations for this club than me, and yes, they have been raised over recent years which means there is some pride and relief that we have finally made this next step up to European level.

"The supporters, too, have those expectations and it is up to us to meet them. But I expect David Moyes to be managing teams in Europe, I expect to have winning teams and good footballing teams.

"That is my job. If you want to be a great leader then you have to have big expectations and I want to be a great leader of a great football club."

He added: "We have been trying to bring it back to a high level. It is more than six years or so without any real success here.

"We are just trying to get this club back on a proper footing for a club of this size. I believe there will be a bigger and better Everton in the future, this is only the start.

"We got very close to it two years ago. We are a big club and not in Europe. In perspective we have only got through the qualifier, we have not won anything.

"We have not done anything. But this is the beginning of where we want to go. Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough have all been in Europe and reached cup finals. We have had to get over this first hurdle.

"We have not managed that in the Champions League, UEFA Cup and our own cups. We have had three top-seven finishes in five years, so this is the next step.

"My relief was probably because of how the supporters felt after we lost in Bucharest, it hurt them and it hurt me. It took me and the team a long while to get over that disappointment, so I was well aware that getting knocked out of Europe can affect your league form.

"That was why it was important. They gave us as many problems as Arsenal, Manchester United or Chelsea. That is why it was a great result."

Everton will give a late fitness test to striker Andrew Johnson, who missed the win over Metalist with a groin injury.

And Moyes said: "The mood in the camp is not surprisingly, excellent. Very confident. We had a long trip back from the Ukraine and have not had much sleep but everyone is raring to go again.

"We now have to prepare a side in just a couple of days, for Newcastle on Sunday.

"But the confidence will carry us on. We have won three games now in a week and we want to build on that. Starting at Newcastle.

"The draw is on Tuesday and there are some pretty good teams in there, but we will concentrate on Newcastle and wait to see who we get in our group now.

"The boys are tired, but I am not too bothered about that. The games coming quickly can work in your favour because everyone is still on a high.

"We did not play to our best, but we dug out a result and that showed that we have great courage and determination.

"Metalist are a good side, they gave us as many problems as anyone in the Premier League has done, but we were able to change tactics and that showed a flexibility."

- More good times ahead for Toffees! ;)

Garage1
07-10-2007, 07:44 PM
hope we can beat newcastle tonight! good luck boys!!!!!!!

tomvoyeur
07-10-2007, 08:32 PM
hope we can beat newcastle tonight! good luck boys!!!!!!!

An Everton victory coupled with a win for Tottenham tonight will make up for a splendid evening indeed! :)

Garage1
08-10-2007, 12:56 AM
An Everton victory coupled with a win for Tottenham tonight will make up for a splendid evening indeed! :)

bro, a very not good evening LAH! spurs fail to beat pool and we lost to newcastle!
if we had won, we will have sneak into 4th plc

tomvoyeur
08-10-2007, 02:04 AM
bro, a very not good evening LAH! spurs fail to beat pool and we lost to newcastle!
if we had won, we will have sneak into 4th plc

Sadly, we are sitting at 10th place now after a night of disapointment. :(

mokermania
08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Sadly, we are sitting at 10th place now after a night of disapointment. :(

ya loh and AJ will be out of actions for a month.....
sian.....jus after he had scored......:(

tomvoyeur
09-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Tykes ace Howard going nowhere

It had been widely speculated over the weekend that the 24-year-old midfielder had handed in a transfer request after hearing of potential interest from David Moyes at Goodison Park, but both club and player have vehemently denied the reports.

Barnsley manager Simon Davey told the club's official website: "Brian has not - in any way - requested a transfer from Barnsley Football Club."

And Howard confirmed: "I signed a two-year contract in the summer and I'm going nowhere.

"My future is here at Barnsley Football Club. You cannot pay any attention to what you read in the papers."

Howard, who arrived at Oakwell from Swindon in June 2005, has been in fine form this season, his six goals helping the Tykes climb to sixth place in the table.

- any feedback on this fellow??? :confused:

WRX_STI
09-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Clubs await UEFA Cup draw

Tottenham Hotspur and Bolton Wanderers will be among the second seeds in Tuesday's draw (12.00 CET) for the group stage of the UEFA Cup but Everton are in the group of third seeds.

The draw will see the 40 clubs seeded in one of five pots according to their UEFA co-efficient.

Tottenham just missed out on being one of the leading eight clubs - they are in ninth spot.

Scotland's representatives Aberdeen are among the bottom eight clubs.

It means all the British clubs face the prospect of being in a group with one of the top seeds including Villarreal from Spain and German giants Bayern Munich.

The 40 clubs will be drawn into eight groups of five, with each team playing two home and two away matches. Clubs from the same national association cannot be drawn in the same group.

The top three in each group will join the sides finishing third in the Champions League groups for the knock-out rounds, starting with 32 teams.

Pot one: Villarreal (Spa) UEFA coefficent 78.374, Bayern Munich (Ger) 73.640, AZ Alkmaar (Hol) 63.995, Panathinaikos (Gre) 55.415, Basle (Swi) 54.869, Bordeaux (Fra) 49.706, Bayer Leverkusen (Ger) 45.640, Anderlecht (Bel) 41.594.

Pot two: Tottenham (Eng) 40.618, Lokomotiv Moscow (Rus) 38.920, Zenit St Petersburg (Rus) 38.920, Sparta Prague (Cze) 37.851, AEK Athens (Gre) 36.415, Hamburg (Ger) 34.640, Bolton (Eng) 32.618, Austria Vienna (Aut) 30.104.

Pot three: Spartak Moscow (Rus) 27.920, Braga (Por) 27.107, Galatasaray (Tur) 26.791, Getafe (Spa) 25.374, Atletico Madrid (Spa) 25.374, Everton (Eng) 24.618, Fiorentina (Ita) 21.808, Stade Rennais (Fra) 20.706.

Pot four: Hapoel Tel Aviv (Isr) 19.338, Red Star Belgrade(Ser) 19.256, Copenhagen (Den) 19.129, Toulouse (Fra) 17.706, Dinamo Zagreb (Cro) 17.533, Panionios (Gre) 16.415, Nuremberg (Ger) 14.640, Mlada Boleslav (Cze) 13.851.

Pot five: Aris Thessaloniki (Gre) 13.415, Aberdeen (Sco) 11.064, FC Zurich (Swi) 9.869, Larissa (Gre) 8.415, Aalborg (Den) 7.129, Brann (Nor) 6.509, Elfsborg (Swe) 4.478, Helsingborgs (Swe) 3.478.

Garage1
09-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Group A
Team P W D L F A Pts
AZ Alkmaar (Ned) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Zenit St Petersburg (Rus) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Everton (Eng) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Nuremberg (Ger) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Larissa (Gre) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

tomvoyeur
10-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Group A
Team P W D L F A Pts
AZ Alkmaar (Ned) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Zenit St Petersburg (Rus) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Everton (Eng) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Nuremberg (Ger) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Larissa (Gre) 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Doesnt look too difficult on paper. Lets hope that Toffees can make it past this round! :)

tomvoyeur
13-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Everton are planning a £3million bid for Barnsley pair Dennis Souza and Heinz Muller.

Can they turn out to be another Tim Cahill? ;)

PS: Hows the gathering on 20th? I am more keen on SOD's being our venue rather than SSC.

Garage1
15-10-2007, 12:48 PM
latest update from the gathering on the 20th.. for all whom are interested

below are excerpts---------------------------------

Can we avoid a "split" again please? Tony is working on someone from TNP coming along to SOD's, it's an early kick off, plus Sunday is "Everton Day" in TNP, so an opportunity to really establish SESC.

Please let's take this - if all goes well this will be featured on the usual fan sites, and I'll send to the PR people at Everton to see if they want to mention it on the Official Site - as long as the result is favourable!!!

Matt
Tony Koe - can you call me on 9297 XXXX please? Ta.

--------------------------------------------------

Looks like they are trying to get TNP reporter to cover this match from the everton corner! wahahhah

tomvoyeur
16-10-2007, 03:43 AM
latest update from the gathering on the 20th.. for all whom are interested

below are excerpts---------------------------------

Can we avoid a "split" again please? Tony is working on someone from TNP coming along to SOD's, it's an early kick off, plus Sunday is "Everton Day" in TNP, so an opportunity to really establish SESC.

Please let's take this - if all goes well this will be featured on the usual fan sites, and I'll send to the PR people at Everton to see if they want to mention it on the Official Site - as long as the result is favourable!!!

Matt
Tony Koe - can you call me on 9297 XXXX please? Ta.

--------------------------------------------------

Looks like they are trying to get TNP reporter to cover this match from the everton corner! wahahhah

What we are missing is an Everton win to make the evening perfect! Haa.:D

Garage1
18-10-2007, 03:59 PM
fresh update from the everton sg email databse ---------

WEAR YOUR COLOURS!!!

You have been warned: There will be a photographer present, plus The New Paper will feature it, but as they haven't got any journo's spare, they've asked me to write it and submit immediately after the game. I'll allso be interviewing some Liverpool Fans over at the Cavern earlier in the day...

Also, ESPN are going to get back to me later, but they may send a cameraman and reporter down to do a quick video grab to feature on Nokia Football Crazy - I've told them to do it before the game, as in the unlikely event we lose, we won't be in the mood to talk!!!

Let's raise the roof on Saturday and cheer the Blues on to victory over our nearest and dearest!!!!

Then, for me, it's the Rugby World Cup Final at 3am. Reckon I'll be pretty tired come Sunday!

M
-----------------------------------------------------------

Garage1
18-10-2007, 04:03 PM
i will try my best to meet all of them at tras street.. i got dinner with family.. thats why i hate early kickoffs...........

tomvoyeur
19-10-2007, 02:42 AM
i will try my best to meet all of them at tras street.. i got dinner with family.. thats why i hate early kickoffs...........

See you there! ;)

mokermania
19-10-2007, 11:56 AM
u guys have fun. hope it a good derby game :)

& hope McFadden is the hero this time round:D

Garage1
20-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Come on u blues, another repeat of last season 3-0 will put me in dreamland!!!!!
biggest fixture of my own football calender.. :D

machoman
20-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Good Luck to the Toffees in the Merseyside Derby!!!

http://www.premierleague.com/javaImages/7e/98/0,,12306~3315838,00.gif

tomvoyeur
20-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Cant join the other evertonians at SODs due to a slight fever. But glad to see Everton leading 1-0. Keep it up, blues!

Garage1
20-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Cant join the other evertonians at SODs due to a slight fever. But glad to see Everton leading 1-0. Keep it up, blues!

i just came back from SOD, turnout was alrite, abt 50 evertonians in the hse..great atmosphere and drinks..only thing was the result and Fucking ref..
everton played well..now im gng to sulk for weeks to come..haizzzzzz
bro tom, shame u coulnt make it, will love to meet up n chat with u..
next time prehaps.. or maybe i shld TRY n join yr clubbing session.. hahaha

everton man of the match for me - J.lescott

tomvoyeur
20-10-2007, 11:04 PM
i just came back from SOD, turnout was alrite, abt 50 evertonians in the hse..great atmosphere and drinks..only thing was the result and Fucking ref..
everton played well..now im gng to sulk for weeks to come..haizzzzzz
bro tom, shame u coulnt make it, will love to meet up n chat with u..
next time prehaps.. or maybe i shld TRY n join yr clubbing session.. hahaha

I guess my illness is ominous for the derby match. Haa. Ref is definitely biased against Everton from his penalty decisions.

Lescott seems to be revelling in the left back role but I think we should get another playmaker and central defender soon. The squad is rather thin now. :o

qbdp
22-10-2007, 01:30 AM

Lescott's performance was awesome. Everton were hard done by when Finnan had his arms around Lescott but the ref felt it wasnt a penalty.

Haa. Ref is definitely biased against Everton from his penalty decisions.

It was a big game and the ref was the man of the match. Hibbert's foul on Gerrard was at most a booking. Gerrard still had the keeper to beat and wasnt clear on goal. The ref was going to book Hibbert until Gerrard's complaint then the ref reached for the red card in his shirt pocket. Didnt you guys see Gerrard shook the ref's hand when he substituted as he left the field? :D

The ref didnt reach for the red card when Kuyt flew in 2 footed at Neville. Definitely man of the match performance. :D

tomvoyeur
23-10-2007, 02:36 AM
The ref didnt reach for the red card when Kuyt flew in 2 footed at Neville. Definitely man of the match performance.

The ref's performance was abysmal. Hibbert was pulling Gerald as much as Gerald was pushing Hibbert away. Its a 50-50 attempt to put the attacker off. If the ref is keeping a hardline stance on tackles then Kuyt should be off for way over the top lunge! Then the wrestling tackles from Finnan and Carragher should be punished too! FIFA really need to overhaul the refereering system sooner rather than later.

Btw, Mark Catterburg has been demoted for his performance, if that is any consolation for the toffees fan.

tomvoyeur
28-10-2007, 09:33 PM
McEveley relishing Toffees clash

Derby defender Jay McEveley intends to show Everton what they missed out on when they visit Pride Park on Sunday.

The Toffees YTS does not attract enuff young talents because of its limited scouting network. That should change after heavy investment in its training facilities. But at the moment, they should really stop the outflow of talents from its YTS. Baines is a recent example of the failing of Everton's YTS n the crop of recent Liverpool stars like Owen, Steve Mac, Folwer n Carragher were all Toffees wannabes once. :o

Garage1
29-10-2007, 06:43 PM
finally a league win.. a so much need 3 points to stay mid table..
and to see cahill return n yak scored
phew!!!!!!!!

tomvoyeur
30-10-2007, 05:12 AM
finally a league win.. a so much need 3 points to stay mid table..
and to see cahill return n yak scored
phew!!!!!!!!

Frankly speaking, I dun think Yak played particularly well but our midfield still managed to cruised through the entire match. Hopefully toffees can step up a notch and get their season together once more.

PS: I was quite impressed with Piennar's performance. I reckon he and Lescott were the better performancers against Bolton.

JWNY
02-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Bros, is there a Toffee match this weekend? If it doesn't clash with Chelsea or Manchester/Arsenal game..would love to break my curfew and join you guys :)

OC going to KL :D

JWNY

Garage1
02-11-2007, 06:42 PM
hello jwny, long time no talk!

im not sure who everton is palying this weekend..

btw, here are the pics to the derby match held at SOD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lobinhoot/sets/72157602582960819/

Acehigh
03-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Playing the Brums tonite. No telecast ? :mad:

tomvoyeur
06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Playing the Brums tonite. No telecast ?

I thought there is?? Anyway, Starhub tend to prioritise the matches for the top 4 teams so just be glad that Everton won another 3 points on sat!

More good news!

High five as AJ sticks with Toffees
Everton striker Andrew Johnson has signed a new five-year contract with the club, to keep him with the Toffees until the summer of 2012.

:)

JWNY
09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Bros Garage1 & tomvoyeur,

we will be enemies briefly on Sunday at the football pitch...good luck :)

JWNY

tomvoyeur
10-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Bros Garage1 & tomvoyeur,

we will be enemies briefly on Sunday at the football pitch...good luck

JWNY

I certainly hope we will be the luckier of the 2 sides at the end of the match and emerge with 3 points LOL. ;)

tomvoyeur
10-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Nurnberg 0-2 Everton: Super-sub Anichebe the key

NUREMBERG, November 8 (UEFA Cup) - Late goals from Mikel Arteta and substitute Victor Anichebe gave Everton a well-deserved 2-0 victory at Nurnberg which maintains their control of UEFA Cup Group A.

Anichebe came on in the 75th minute and earned a penalty seven minutes later which was calmly converted by Arteta.

The 19-year-old sub then ended a strong run with the right finish from close range in the 88th minute to give the Toffees their second win in as many group stage matches.

Boss David Moyes made one change from the team that defeated Birmingham 3-1 in the Barclays Premier League last weekend.

Alan Stubbs was missing with a hamstring injury, so Joleon Lescott took his place in central defence and Nuno Valente started at left-back.

• Moyes hails sweet win for Toffees

Andrew Johnson (ankle) and James Vaughan (thigh) had not travelled to Nurnberg, who were forced to replace the injured attacking duo of Angelos Charisteas (ankle) and Robert Vittek (knee).

The visitors almost grabbed a dream start as they hit the post after just 20 seconds.

The inspirational Arteta found himself with space on the right channel, forcing Jaromir Blazek into a spectacular one-handed save with his shot from 18 yards out.

The rebound landed to the feet of Tim Cahill, whose close-range effort was deflected against the left post.

Nurnberg's Ivan Saenko tried his luck from 25 yards, before a blunder from Lescott almost let the striker in again - but Tim Howard rushed out of his goal to avert trouble.

After Marek Mintal and Dominik Reinhardt misfired from long range, Everton launched another promising attack.

Leon Osman was put in the clear inside the right penalty area and delivered a superb pass to the middle - only for the ball to just evade Cahill, sliding in at the far post.

Peer Kluge almost gave the Germans in the lead when he rammed a powerful shot inches wide from 20 yards out.

Seven minutes later, on the half-hour mark, Reinhardt shot goalwards from an almost identical position on the right - but Howard did well to keep his effort out.

Nurnberg4s defence continued to look shaky at times and they were exposed again in the 37th minute when Arteta and Cahill worked a tidy one-two combination with the 25-year-old Spaniard hitting the wrong side of the post with a shot which hit his team-mate's chest.

Only three minutes later, confusion reigned again in Nurnberg4s box, with Ayegbeni Yakubu eventually steering the ball goalwards from six yards out - but Blazek was quick to react and jump on the weak attempt.

Three minutes into the second half, Mintal was denied by Howard, before Yakubu won a free-kick some 30 yards in front of the Nurnberg goal - but Arteta4s deflected shot went narrowly over.

The classy Spaniard almost caught Blazek napping just four minutes later.

After outfoxing two defenders on the right wing, he surprisingly shot left-footed from the edge of the penalty box - and the Nurnberg goalkeeper needed two attempts to control the ball.

Even though the Toffees seemed to hold the upper hand, Nurnberg got closer to scoring as Kluge proved unable to control a right-wing ball which would have sent him clear.

With 15 minutes to go, Moyes took off Yakubu and brought on Anichebe - a move which was to prove crucial.

Less than eight minutes later he had been brought down in the box by Glauber, who was booked, and Arteta held his nerve to calmly beat Blazek with a shot to the top left corner.

Anichebe then crowned a spectacular cameo performance in the 88th minute when he stormed into the box from the right wing, evaded a challenge and beat Blazek with a low shot from a tight angle.

Moyes hails sweet win for Toffees

David Moyes hailed Everton's controlled performance as well as reserving praise for Victor Anichebe after the 19-year old inspired the Toffees to a late 2-0 victory at Nurnberg.

The Nigerian-born striker came on in the 75th minute and used his lightning speed to earn a penalty eight minutes later when Leandro Glauber wrestled him down in the box.

Mikel Arteta fired the Toffees into the lead before Anichebe put a clinical finish on another superb run into the box to knock the ball home from close range to double the lead with two minutes remaining.

'It was a great start for us and I hope we can go on and qualify,' Moyes said after the second win in as many group matches. 'I am very pleased with our performance.

'This was a proper European night in a great stadium. I think we have done very well. We came here and controlled most of the game.'

The Merseysiders almost took the lead after 20 seconds but Arteta had his shot saved and Tim Cahill could only hit the post on the rebound.

'We got off to a good start and I could not believe we had almost scored after 30 seconds. Sometimes when you don4t score you just think `It4s one of those nights' but I was waiting for the goal to come,' Moyes added.

Arteta insisted the Toffees were always in control, telling PA Sport: 'We had the best chance of the game in the first minute. After that there was not much happening and we controlled the game well. We had to wait because they are a good passing team so we had to wait for the right moment and we had Victor to change the game.'

Moyes also hailed Anichebe for his late heroics.

'Victor really had a big impact on the game,' Moyes continued. 'He has been suffering from a broken hand. That4s why I kept him on the bench because I was not sure where he was. He has not trained a lot but he is a great talent. He came on and did really well. He has been great for us.'

Moyes also thanked the thousands of Everton fans in the stands who made almost as much noise as the home fans.

'The support has been unbelievable,' he said. 'Our fans have been waiting for this a long time. You can see by the support how much they have been longing for it. There was no motivational speech needed tonight. The support was fantastic. They want us to do well and had a big impact on the game.'

Nurnberg boss Hans Meyer was furious after the final whistle claiming the defeat had been self-inflicted.

'This was a self-made loss,' he raged. 'I can4t believe we put our slowest man, Glauber, against one of the fastest players in England.

'Shall I now beat the hell out of Glauber because he was too slow to keep up with his opponent? No. I think we played very well but we lacked discipline and got confused after their substitutions. That is very annoying.'

tomvoyeur
12-11-2007, 02:34 AM
A superb strike by Cahill to tie the match and the unbeaten run for the toffees continue. :)

Garage1
12-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Cahill goal deft goal of the week !!!!!!!!
lucky to stole a point!

tomvoyeur
13-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Cahill goal deft goal of the week !!!!!!!!
lucky to stole a point!

The timing of the goal maybe lucky but the overall effort from the team was admirable. There are plenty of cut and thrust throughout the match but it is also apparent that Everton really need some flair cover for Arteta. Yak was disappointing last nite and I believe its time to start Archie in place of Yak. Phil Neville once again show that he is not suited for a midfield role. He should be competing for the right back role with Hibbert.

WRX_STI
16-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I certainly hope we will be the luckier of the 2 sides at the end of the match and emerge with 3 points LOL. ;) hehe - jwny was frozen when cahill score :D

tomvoyeur
17-11-2007, 03:31 PM
hehe - jwny was frozen when cahill score

Wish I was there to de-freeze him with another overhead kick of my own! :D

mokermania
19-11-2007, 12:28 PM
The timing of the goal maybe lucky but the overall effort from the team was admirable. There are plenty of cut and thrust throughout the match but it is also apparent that Everton really need some flair cover for Arteta. Yak was disappointing last nite and I believe its time to start Archie in place of Yak. Phil Neville once again show that he is not suited for a midfield role. He should be competing for the right back role with Hibbert.

Howard was good in this game too.

Xmas is ard the corner n alot of games coming for them.
hope all players r 100% fit 2nd half for the season.
hope they can achieve more end of this season:)

oh jus wanna share this. my bro was at Sim Lim sq yesterday. and he meet this local Everton family(father n son which were featured in the ST n they were wearing EFC jersey).

the Father jus smile at my bro as my bro was wearing Everton jersey too..hehe too bad i was not there or i will take a photo with this family.hehe

jus hope my junior oso turn out to be a Everton fan too...hehe

tomvoyeur
20-11-2007, 02:24 AM
jus hope my junior oso turn out to be a Everton fan too...hehe

Train him when he is still young else he maybe consumed by the evil Liverpool spirit. ;)

Red_Tirak1099
22-11-2007, 10:00 AM
EVERTON supporters, any thoughts on the Thailand deal? Probably the sponsor Beer Chang pulled the strings behind the scene :)

mokermania
22-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Train him when he is still young else he maybe consumed by the evil Liverpool spirit. ;)

i will...i will!!!! haha

mokermania
22-11-2007, 11:05 AM
EVERTON supporters, any thoughts on the Thailand deal? Probably the sponsor Beer Chang pulled the strings behind the scene :)

Hi Red Tirak,

wat do u mean ah?:o
actually taste Chang Beer b4....okie. very mild (thin)

regards,

qbdp
22-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Is it true that Brian Kidd has been appointed as Moyes' assistant?

Red_Tirak1099
23-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Hi Red Tirak,

wat do u mean ah?:o

regards,thailand political party made deal with Everton.....news report below

BANGKOK, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Soccer seeped deeper into the veins of Thai politics on Tuesday as the Democrat Party, rival of Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra, announced a deal with English Premier League club Everton to coach young players.

The move by the City of Bangkok, run by Thailand's oldest political party, came days after Manchester City's signing of three Thai players in the capital, dominated by a video address from Thaksin, the former prime minister ousted in a coup last year.

Staff from Everton, one of two Premiership clubs in the English city of Liverpool, are due in Bangkok next month to start designing a series of soccer clinics to be held by April.

"This isn't about a counter attack. Our bid to build ties with the City of Liverpool coincided with the Man City deal," Deputy Bangkok Governor Buddhipong Punnakanta told Reuters.

The Everton-sponsored soccer schools should be up and running before those promised by Manchester City, which has also pledged to invest time and resources in Thai soccer.

Dirk Kuyt
24-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Everton 3 Sunderland 1

Cum_Luver
24-11-2007, 05:37 PM
this should be another tough match for Everton...
but i think Toffee will win it..

tomvoyeur
24-11-2007, 07:18 PM
wat do u mean ah?

I find Chang Beer not suitable for my taste bud. :o

this should be another tough match for Everton...
but i think Toffee will win it..

They should pick up the 3 points and continue their ascent up the table. :)

tomvoyeur
24-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Is it true that Brian Kidd has been appointed as Moyes' assistant?

Moyes vows to take time on appointment

Moyes will be in the dug-out without Irvine for the first in over five years on Saturday for the home league game with Sunderland.

Irvine left the club this week to take over at Preston, Moyes' former club, and the Toffees boss admitted he gave the Deepdale club a glowing reference for his right-hand man.

Moyes will have the help of coaches Jimmy Lumsden and Andy Holden against Sunderland, and that could be the case until the new year.

The Scot has dismissed speculation that England coach Steve Round or Sheffield United assistant Brian Kidd could be quick appointments.

Moyes said: "I will wait a few weeks before appointing a successor to Alan.

"He will be missed and played a big part in our success, but it is right that he has the chance now to become a manager in his own right.

"Preston did ask for my views and I gave him a glowing recommendation, I hope he is a great success there.

"I will now wait a while, have a good look around, and then decide.

"I have good people who can help me, Jimmy Lumsden and Andy Holden, but I will bring in a new man, maybe even two in the end.

"The process will not be as quick as everyone seems to think, I will have a good look around and take my time.

"I do have people here who can cope, but I will bring people in, maybe two.

"Some times you do need changes to freshen things up a little, and that is what I will do."

Garage1
24-11-2007, 09:33 PM
good luck to the boys tonight

ANDYSIAO14
25-11-2007, 09:02 AM
good luck to the boys tonight

7goals...................................to one :)

tomvoyeur
25-11-2007, 06:40 PM
7goals...................................to one

Magnificient performance from the boys in blues last night. Pity the entire performance was not shown live but we should see an extended push for a top 5 place now. :)

Cheers!

Garage1
25-11-2007, 09:00 PM
saw all 7 goals on tv.. great game, sunderland made us look good..

mokermania
25-11-2007, 11:08 PM
saw all 7 goals on tv.. great game, sunderland made us look good..

Magnificient performance from the boys in blues last night. Pity the entire performance was not shown live but we should see an extended push for a top 5 place now. :)

Cheers!

i jus could not believe wat i saw on today Newpaper.
n mangae to watch the telecat today at 1pm.
my fav goal is Osman wan....:)
hope they can continue these kind of play n standard.

tomvoyeur
26-11-2007, 01:57 AM
hope they can continue these kind of play n standard.

Actually I tend to agree with Garage, Sunderland really make us look good.

JWNY
26-11-2007, 06:59 AM
What a big win for the Toffees! :)

JWNY

Red_Tirak1099
26-11-2007, 07:43 AM
What a big win for the Toffees!

JWNYBro JWNY, I thot you Chelski supporter?!?! :confused:

Got Blue colour counted liao ah? Man CIty also got blue colour leh :rolleyes:

tomvoyeur
27-11-2007, 03:15 AM
What a big win for the Toffees!

Beware Chelsea! :D

JWNY
27-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Bro JWNY, I thot you Chelski supporter?!?!

Got Blue colour counted liao ah? Man CIty also got blue colour leh I was congratulating them...anyway, me rather Everton than Liverpool... ;)
Beware Chelsea! Trust me when i say, the nightmare of that Cahill goal still rings in my mind bro (we should have dealt with it) :mad:

JWNY

mokermania
27-11-2007, 11:32 AM
thailand political party made deal with Everton.....news report below

BANGKOK, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Soccer seeped deeper into the veins of Thai politics on Tuesday as the Democrat Party, rival of Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra, announced a deal with English Premier League club Everton to coach young players.

The move by the City of Bangkok, run by Thailand's oldest political party, came days after Manchester City's signing of three Thai players in the capital, dominated by a video address from Thaksin, the former prime minister ousted in a coup last year.

Staff from Everton, one of two Premiership clubs in the English city of Liverpool, are due in Bangkok next month to start designing a series of soccer clinics to be held by April.

"This isn't about a counter attack. Our bid to build ties with the City of Liverpool coincided with the Man City deal," Deputy Bangkok Governor Buddhipong Punnakanta told Reuters.

The Everton-sponsored soccer schools should be up and running before those promised by Manchester City, which has also pledged to invest time and resources in Thai soccer.

Hi Tirak,

tks for the info. :)

tomvoyeur
28-11-2007, 04:33 AM
[SIZE="3"]Trust me when i say, the nightmare of that Cahill goal still rings in my mind bro (we should have dealt with it)

Stop kidding urself bro! Chelsea was lucky to escape with a point that night! :p

Garage1
02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
pompey are rock solid last night.. everton were pale..
my question is where is andy van de meyde ? wahahaha

i think fighting for top 6 this season is btw everton, pompey, villa , and maybe blackburn

mokermania
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Tim Cahill's scrambled late winner beat Zenit St Petersburg and sent Everton through to the Uefa Cup knockout stages as winners of Group A.

copied n paste from BBC website.
hope we can be regular in Euro competition:)

Cum_Luver
07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
dun know whether they can recover from their midweek UEFA Cup?

tomvoyeur
08-12-2007, 01:22 PM
dun know whether they can recover from their midweek UEFA Cup?

Was away for the past few days but toffees should nail the game against fulham. There is no major casualty in the 1st team and we should see a comfortable win for the toffees tonight. :)

Garage1
08-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Was away for the past few days but toffees should nail the game against fulham. There is no major casualty in the 1st team and we should see a comfortable win for the toffees tonight. :)

yes, we must win against fulham to keep up the pace among the top 6 as villa, blackburn,pompey are all bundle together
Yakubu double !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cum_Luver
09-12-2007, 02:02 AM
another good performance by the Toffees,what a second half performance with Yakubu scoring a hat-trick...

tomvoyeur
09-12-2007, 03:58 PM
, blackburn,pompey are all bundle together
Yakubu double !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yak did one better - an Everton hat trick for the 1st time in 5 years! :D

Garage1
10-12-2007, 06:04 PM
excerpts from football365

Everton
But for Mark Clattenburg losing his senses in the Merseyside derby, Everton would be undefeated since the first week of October and level on league points with their city rivals.

Constantly disparaged as Liverpool's poorer cousins, Everton are in a rich vein of form - and the richest of David Moyes' five-year reign. Unbeaten in ten matches in three different competitions, they have also treated the Goodison faithful to 13 goals in their last three home league fixtures. A decent side with a sprinkling of outstanding players, they have earned the right to be taken seriously.

With development comes an increased workload. Due to their Carling Cup and UEFA Cup commitments, the Toffees will play nine matches between December 1 and New Year's Day. Yet their squad isn't as small as the doom-mongers might suggest - Phil Jagielka, Andrew Johnson, James McFadden and Victor Anichebe were the four outfield players on their bench this weekend.

Yakubu
One of those players who would only be properly appreciated by the Premiership public if he was English. Still, Yakubu's record of being the league's top scorer over the last four seasons with the exception of Thierry Henry speaks for itself.

:)

Garage1
13-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Yakubu sends Everton into the semis
West Ham United 1 - 2 Everton
Yet another devastating late show secured Everton's passage to their first cup semi-final appearance in 12 years as Yakubu scored with just 90 seconds left of regulation time to seal a superb comeback at Upton Park. After an even start, West Ham took the lead when Carlton Cole beat the offside trap and slid the ball under Tim Howard to make it 1-0. But the Blues rallied after the half-hour mark and were rewarded when Leon Osman side-footed beautifully past Robert Green to level the tie. Everton were better overall in the second half but extra time was beckoning ominously when Yakubu capitalised on a mix-up between Danny Gabbidon and 'keeper Robert Green to prod home and win the tie at the death. Unbeaten now in 11, Everton's wonderful run of form rolls on!

YAKUBU AGAIN! woo hoo!!!!!!!

tomvoyeur
14-12-2007, 02:31 AM
Yakubu sends Everton into the semis
West Ham United 1 - 2 Everton

Go n make us proud, toffemen! :)

mokermania
14-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Go n make us proud, toffemen! :)

yup....make us proud.....^^
and we r facing West Ham this sat again:)

Garage1
14-12-2007, 12:38 PM
yup....make us proud.....^^
and we r facing West Ham this sat again:)

hopefully its YAKUBU again :D

mokermania
14-12-2007, 05:11 PM
hopefully its YAKUBU again :D

another Hat-Trick mayb:p

Garage1
16-12-2007, 10:13 AM
again and again!!!!! yakubu !!!!!!!!! and almost forgotten striker AJ
6th in the league.. best game we play all season..

mokermania
16-12-2007, 01:05 PM
ya good game n Carsley really hard......
i was hoping DM will bring on AJ n he did but only left with minutes of play...
if he is on early the score line will be more as he is fast n with his pair of fresh leg the West ham defence might not b able to deal with his speed.... anyway nice 2nd goal^^

is this squad full squad? jus hope we can play the 2nd half of the season with 100% full squad..jus wanna see hw we fair with a full squad...i mean the best 1st 11 Everton players...n really the 6 new plaer that DM brought in really helps...we wont be tied down to all the "old" bird.....

Merry Xmas:)

Garage1
16-12-2007, 02:11 PM
ya good game n Carsley really hard......
i was hoping DM will bring on AJ n he did but only left with minutes of play...
if he is on early the score line will be more as he is fast n with his pair of fresh leg the West ham defence might not b able to deal with his speed.... anyway nice 2nd goal^^

is this squad full squad? jus hope we can play the 2nd half of the season with 100% full squad..jus wanna see hw we fair with a full squad...i mean the best 1st 11 Everton players...n really the 6 new plaer that DM brought in really helps...we wont be tied down to all the "old" bird.....

Merry Xmas:)

merry xmas to all evertonians
i think its full squad now minus stubbs , we are on a roll now.. great form and looking very hard tackling side to play against.
if the ref havent ROBBED us of the victory against pool, we are 4th place now.. serious!

FEED THE YAK

mokermania
16-12-2007, 06:12 PM
merry xmas to all evertonians
i think its full squad now minus stubbs , we are on a roll now.. great form and looking very hard tackling side to play against.
if the ref havent ROBBED us of the victory against pool, we are 4th place now.. serious!

FEED THE YAK

Merry Xmas to u n the rest of the Toffees too.
it ok lah...we shall see what our "small Tram" can achieve end of this season.
but frankly speaking like wat u said.. we r rally on a row..great teamwork too:)

tomvoyeur
17-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Merry Xmas to u n the rest of the Toffees too.
it ok lah...we shall see what our "small Tram" can achieve end of this season.
but frankly speaking like wat u said.. we r rally on a row..great teamwork too

Everton certainly played like a confident side ytd. The passing is incisive and we can look forward to more good days ahead as long as Cahill and Arteta remains injury free. Speaking of which, I feel that Everton should seek another attacking midfielder to reduce the reliance on these 2 players. In the long run, Arteta is still looking for a move back to Spain.

Garage1
18-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Everton certainly played like a confident side ytd. The passing is incisive and we can look forward to more good days ahead as long as Cahill and Arteta remains injury free. Speaking of which, I feel that Everton should seek another attacking midfielder to reduce the reliance on these 2 players. In the long run, Arteta is still looking for a move back to Spain.

another attacking midfielder ? we have drunkard master van de meyde, dont forget him ok, :D

tomvoyeur
18-12-2007, 03:53 AM
another attacking midfielder ? we have drunkard master van de meyde, dont forget him ok,

Haa, he is still swimming in Chivas now LOL. Seriously, Moyes does not seem too confident of his ability at the moment.

mokermania
19-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi Guys....

Osman is out for 6 weeks.....
he broke his toe against West Ham (Carling Cup)..
but he did played against them again on sat ...
no wonder his shots was not that good.....since he have a few chances...

Happy holiday all Toffees ^^

Garage1
19-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Guys....

Osman is out for 6 weeks.....
he broke his toe against West Ham (Carling Cup)..
but he did played against them again on sat ...
no wonder his shots was not that good.....since he have a few chances...

Happy holiday all Toffees ^^

finally a chance for van de meyde? kekeke or prehaps gravesen will finally reunite with carsley again!

Cum_Luver
21-12-2007, 09:05 AM
congratulation on Toffees winning away against AZ Alkmaar (3-2)
hope they will put up a great performance against Man Utd this weekend...

Garage1
22-12-2007, 12:48 PM
come on you blues!!!!!
im secretly hoping we be able to score a victory against man yoo. our form is great, hopefully no silly 1 game mistake to cost us the game!!

feed the yak again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomvoyeur
24-12-2007, 01:53 AM
, hopefully no silly 1 game mistake to cost us the game!!

U were right bro, pienaar did us in this time....:(

mokermania
24-12-2007, 10:06 AM
U were right bro, pienaar did us in this time....:(

ya....88th min........
we defended well until that mistake.......

but im pretty happy with our performance......
can see that the Devils kept attacking n attacking..hehe

Garage1
24-12-2007, 10:24 AM
ya....88th min........
we defended well until that mistake.......

but im pretty happy with our performance......
can see that the Devils kept attacking n attacking..hehe

what to do bros.. we played so hard until the 88th min, 1 min of mistake cost us the penalty.
but we showed we are a very tough side to play against..

mokermania
24-12-2007, 11:31 AM
what to do bros.. we played so hard until the 88th min, 1 min of mistake cost us the penalty.
but we showed we are a very tough side to play against..

Yup..we did....n im proud of the lads even to we lost.
jus hope no more of these silly mistake...at least not from our Defenders..they really defended well tot...:)

Merry Xmas guys!!!!

tomvoyeur
25-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Merry Xmas guys!!!!

Merry Xmas to all Evertonians too! Hopefully we can pick up 3 pts from the next match against Bolton. :)

tomvoyeur
27-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Another convincing 2-0 win for Everton. A nice consolation for missing out on a point against Man Utd.

Garage1
27-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Another convincing 2-0 win for Everton. A nice consolation for missing out on a point against Man Utd.

bro, i agree, another hardworking grinding out result win.. we can never play like arsenal... so we have to keep playing hard n grind out victories
arteta was solid!!!!!!!!! cahill as well.. in fact the OLD partnership of carsley n gravesen back was pivotal... i actually prefer gravesen to osman,

tomvoyeur
28-12-2007, 03:34 AM
arteta was solid!!!!!!!!! cahill as well.. in fact the OLD partnership of carsley n gravesen back was pivotal... i actually prefer gravesen to osman,

Gravesen is a winner n I always think that Hibbert and Osman r just bit part players in Everton squad. I doubt Osman will be in the team in AVM is back in biz now. But Osman is the best we have at the moment to stand in at midfield so we really need to look hard now at getting decent midfielders in the summer.

Garage1
28-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Gravesen is a winner n I always think that Hibbert and Osman r just bit part players in Everton squad. I doubt Osman will be in the team in AVM is back in biz now. But Osman is the best we have at the moment to stand in at midfield so we really need to look hard now at getting decent midfielders in the summer.

hopefully we can beat the gunners , we in good form..

Himerus
29-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Toffees should be able to get a win over Arsenal...

Everton 2 Arsenal 1

tomvoyeur
29-12-2007, 06:07 PM
hopefully we can beat the gunners , we in good form..

Hopefully we can have Lady Luck on our side this time....:)

Garage1
29-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Hopefully we can have Lady Luck on our side this time....:)

2nite go where cheong?

yes..lets hope we can sneak into the top 4 with this win

Cum_Luver
29-12-2007, 07:09 PM
bro Garage1 and bro tomvoyeur,

hope Toffees can keep their form and get a win against the Gunners.
last 6 home matches against Arsenal - 3W1D2L and won the last 2 home matches against Arsenal by a single goal..

tomvoyeur
30-12-2007, 02:32 AM
2nite go where cheong?

yes..lets hope we can sneak into the top 4 with this win

Not cheonging anywhere tonight. Being a stay home boy for a change LOL.

bro Garage1 and bro tomvoyeur,

hope Toffees can keep their form and get a win against the Gunners.
last 6 home matches against Arsenal - 3W1D2L and won the last 2 home matches against Arsenal by a single goal..

Arsenal has rediscovered their flowing football in the 2nd half. Everton will need to dig deep to find the 2nd goal.

Garage1
30-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Not cheonging anywhere tonight. Being a stay home boy for a change LOL.

Arsenal has rediscovered their flowing football in the 2nd half. Everton will need to dig deep to find the 2nd goal.

everton defence went home after 2-1 to arsenal... 1st half was good, very physical.. 2nd half it went downhill ll the way..

mokermania
30-12-2007, 11:43 PM
everton defence went home after 2-1 to arsenal... 1st half was good, very physical.. 2nd half it went downhill ll the way..

to me all Arsenal goals r due to our defenders fault...Hibbert cant head clear....Jagielka slip n fell(this one bobian)....yobo n howard miscommunication.....and 4th goal no body go n block/close down Rosiky......

we were good on 1st half n it Gunners change their play style in the 2nd half n it work......pump the ball up instead of making nice passes like in the 1st half(which dont wrk 4 them initially)...home record broken again... sian...

tomvoyeur
01-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Everton boss David Moyes has made a move for unsettled Arsenal midfielder Lassana Diarra. Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is also keen on the 22-year-old, who only moved to the Emirates from Chelsea in August.

- I m not too sure abt this fellow. He seems like a moaner to me n if he struggle to get into the Everton 1st team within a month, he is likely to make noise again. Furthermore, I still have not seen him perform well in Chelsea n Arsenal shirts yet.

Everton have attempted to ward off interest in Scotland striker James McFadden by offering him an improved deal. Birmingham and Celtic are both willing to pay around £3.5million for the 24-year-old hitman.

- I will dread to lose this fiesty character. He is a useful squad member.

Meanwhile Toffees boss David Moyes is ready to step up his bid to sign Bayern Munich's Belgian central defender Daniel van Buyten. He's spent most of the season on the sidelines.

- Frankly speaking, we should have sufficient cover at the back. Yobo, Jag, Stubbs and Lescott. But I see Daniel as a long term replacement for Stubbs n since Yobo is away for the next mth, his arrival is timely too.

I heard Vogel is on his way too n he can be the defensive midfielder we all need. Carsley is going on 34 now and Neville is not suited for a midfield role. At the moment, its also worth noting that the Everton youth setup is not producing enuff midfielders.

Cum_Luver
02-01-2008, 01:15 AM
congratulation to all Toffees for notching another impressive away win at Middlesbrough...

Middlesbrough 0-2 Everton (Johnson,McFadden)

Hope my Reds can also follow up with an home win tomorrow against Wigan.

Garage1
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
another hardworking and no flair win for us! : )
5th place in the league! come on!!!!!!!!!!

tomvoyeur
03-01-2008, 05:40 AM
congratulation to all Toffees for notching another impressive away win at Middlesbrough...

Thanks bro but it will be sweeter if Wigan can nick a point for Everton to close the gap. :p

another hardworking and no flair win for us!
5th place in the league! come on!!!!!!!!!!

Top4 here we come!! :D

Garage1
03-01-2008, 12:29 PM
great result at anfield this morning!!!!!!!!

Cum_Luver
06-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks bro but it will be sweeter if Wigan can nick a point for Everton to close the gap. :p

bro, ur wish was granted...

a not very good performance by Toffees in the FA Cup against Oldham.
maybe Moyes wants to concentrate on the EPL...

tomvoyeur
07-01-2008, 03:34 AM
bro, ur wish was granted...

a not very good performance by Toffees in the FA Cup against Oldham.
maybe Moyes wants to concentrate on the EPL...

Cant hide my joy at the draw LOL. :D

Actually the side that faced Oldham wasnt that bad on paper. Half the team r internationals, so I think the team let the fans down. They probably undersestimated the task at hand and let the recent success got to their heads.

On a positive note, I hope this shock defeat will serve as a wakeup call for the seniors players to work even harder to get something out of this season.