PDA

View Full Version : Speed Dating Events?

OsamaBinLaden
16-05-2007, 09:18 AM
hi bros...

just wondering if any bros here have experienced and gone thru some speed dating thing before? i was set up by one of my colleagues to enter. it will be on this sunday evening.

one thing's for sure... all participants are not married (i think they can check this info out)... organisers asked me if i have a gf and i say no (this aspect maybe some can lie... how do they check and verify anyway?)

my point is... have any bros gone thru before? wat can i expect out of it? maybe some bros can share your experience?

p.s. the organiser did mention that there is an equal ratio of guys to gals... and there is still some vacancy left... ;)

D!ckster
16-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Bro...over at Pier11 eh? :D

Well, I haven't gone through any of those events but I do get a fair bit of emails & snail mails inviting me to attend...and I've always been told to go to these events with open minds and just enjoy...so enjoy yourself :D

Xgenre
16-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Wah Lau, Osama Bin Laden also want to find a wife ah. Trying to bring more terrorists into this world is it? Good luck ah. Be natural, have fun. Try to think/predict of what to ask and what answers to give before you go. :D

OsamaBinLaden
16-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Bro...over at Pier11 eh? :D

Well, I haven't gone through any of those events but I do get a fair bit of emails & snail mails inviting me to attend...and I've always been told to go to these events with open minds and just enjoy...so enjoy yourself :D

ya ya ya... dats the one... just dat i dont know wat to expect and wat to do... kena sabo by my fren lah... open mind ah... okie...

appreciate if any bros can gimme me more input... i will update after the event if got any happening...

no_faith
16-05-2007, 03:29 PM
prepare to embrace the beautiful and worst ting tat may come.
i kanna sabo too. my fren trick me saying having dinner wif frenz and got gals.
so tag along loh, skali is.....

AndyCock
03-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Osama,

Tell us your experience after the Speed dating...

no_faith
13-06-2007, 06:42 PM
bro Osama, no updates mean no happening?

ferrari355
13-06-2007, 07:12 PM
on the contrary...i think no updates means got big happening.

maybe threadstarter already hooked up with one of the gals and too busy to give updates....hehehe....

no_faith
13-06-2007, 08:06 PM
maybe osama is hiding in the mountains or desert. only can come out to post when the us army is eating snake.
:D

OsamaBinLaden
14-06-2007, 01:06 PM
hehee... paiseh... too buzy to log on to sbf... let alone post FR...

anyway... during the event itself... nothing much happening lah... like most bros mention... ratio of guys to gals was equal... but 2 gals left halfway thru it... dinner and conversation was the normal stuff... but i kinda get to know this gal from china... teaching here... quite sweet gal... happens we were the only "matching pair" from the whole event and the organisers were supposed to give us each other's numbers... (but heck... we cheated and exchanged numbers even befor the end of the event)...

nothing happened since then as we were both buzy wif work... but she dragged me along to another event... this time a high tea... was reluctant at first but she managed to persuade me so juz go loh... she intro me to a malay fren of hers (by now... if bros dont know yet... would have figured i am melayu)... this malay gal very jambu leh... we struck some conversation... but this time i had to leave early cos i have another high tea to attend the same afternoon....

last saturday... me and 4 frens were at MOS... about 11 i suddenly thought of asking her n her fren to go... she wanted to but said will only do so if her fren tags along... alas the malay gal was unable to make it due to the short notice... haiz... but both did tell me dat they promise to go if i tell them in advance...

nothing happening this weekend as i am tied down wif some work... but will ask them to go to MOS next weekend... afterall i have 3/4 bottle of chivas and full bottle of absolut in MOS...

sorry to all bros who are expecting some action... so far nothing yet... but will await next weekend...

cheers!

no_faith
14-06-2007, 01:12 PM
bro, u finally posted.
np, will be lurking here to see more stories from u.:D

josperm
14-06-2007, 04:28 PM
oh my fren who is single took part in some speed dating thing. and guess what? he got to know some gal who are pretty fun to hang out with.

we all (3 gals 2 guys) went to DF one night have like 2 bottles. :)
dont ask me what happened next, cos I was too drunk to remember

KLKOOL
14-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Nice one OSAMA... hahahaha cant believe I said that. Glad to see you having some luck.

vesfreq
15-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Speed dating never worked for me. Very liao lui. I went thrice. Met some nice gals, but nothing really picked off.

The worst was this auntie I bumped into. She was 3 year my senior. Tell her I turning 30. She said... so young ah. Felt like telling her to F herself. SMS to her, like bedding a dead fish. :rolleyes:

Speed dating also not cheap. Depending one. The more exp one is like 40 plus bucks. Somemore no guarantee that you will get any contact numbers. Like that, better go GL and cat 40.

I don't go speed dating anymore. Save money pump gas, can go gl see more stocks. lol. Really depend on fate one. I no fate. Hope the rest of you more fate.

raverboy
15-06-2007, 01:03 AM

just wondering if any bros here have experienced and gone thru some speed dating thing before? ...

Just wondering... which organizer is that?

asdfghjkl
15-06-2007, 01:48 AM
the SDU? i also want to join in for some fun ler.. kekeke :cool:

no_faith
17-06-2007, 04:22 PM
the sdu tat time i kana bluff to go wif my fren hor, he said sumtimes, they got the sdu voluteers inside them to act as one looking for partners too.
dunno watz the reason?:confused:

KingEros
17-06-2007, 04:40 PM
last saturday... me and 4 frens were at MOS... about 11 i suddenly thought of asking her n her fren to go... she wanted to but said will only do so if her fren tags along... alas the malay gal was unable to make it due to the short notice... haiz... but both did tell me dat they promise to go if i tell them in advance...

Abang ... humtum siapa, puki siapa arh??
You going for the jamu or the bird's nest huh??