PDA

View Full Version : Man sentenced to a year in jail for sex with 14-year-old

NotMyPresident
31-05-2018, 04:59 PM
31 May 2018 12:41PM (Updated: 31 May 2018 12:50PM)

SINGAPORE: A 24-year-old man who had sex with a 14-year-old teen was on Thursday (May 31) sentenced to a year in jail.

According to court documents, Lim En Zer got to know the victim through a mutual friend in early June last year, exchanged numbers with her and stayed in touch with her through text messages. The victim, who cannot be named due to a gag order, had told Lim her age.

About a week later, Lim suggested that they meet up at his home. The teen agreed and the meeting happened sometime in the afternoon in mid-June 2017,

“After the victim arrived, the accused brought the victim straight to his bedroom,” court documents said. She sat on his bed and they started to cuddle.

Lim undressed himself and the victim. He then had sex with her, with her consent, without using a condom.

They met a total of three times, out of which two were sexual encounters, according to court documents. The court heard that the victim was not in a genuine romantic relationship with Lim.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-sentenced-to-a-year-in-jail-for-sex-with-14-year-old-10291548

thedevil666
31-05-2018, 06:58 PM
1 year is a bit lenient? definitely seen harsher terms of similar cases...

AssSMRT
31-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Only 1 year ??? No caning ??? :confused: :eek:

TheGreatOne
31-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Consensual still kena one year and yet some clowns still asked for caning... Haiz

conquer
01-06-2018, 05:50 AM
Consensual still kena one year and yet some clowns still asked for caning... Haiz

This is a very unfortunate incident. Maybe both of them really in love, who knows? I mean why fucking a 16-year-old is fine, but 14-year-old is wrong? What does that 2 years difference mean? :o

thedevil666
01-06-2018, 08:18 AM

This is a very unfortunate incident. Maybe both of them really in love, who knows? I mean why fucking a 16-year-old is fine, but 14-year-old is wrong? What does that 2 years difference mean? :o

Bcos the law says so. There are many precedent cases for this to protect the girls. It applies to the underage boys too whether or not they are consensual. I’m not stating whether I agree or disagree with this law, just stating it is inconsistent in the ruling.

TheGreatOne
01-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Bcos the law says so. There are many precedent cases for this to protect the girls. It applies to the underage boys too whether or not they are consensual. I’m not stating whether I agree or disagree with this law, just stating it is inconsistent in the ruling.

I agree with your protect the youth theory.
That is if force is applied.

Like the earlier gang head used brick and stuffs to force the girl into submission. That type, caning should and must be imposed.

TheIdesOfMarch
01-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I think a major factor to consider in this case is the mitigation that it was definitely consensual between the guy and girl. One wonders why it even got found out in the first place? There doesn't seem to be anything mentioned in this case that indicates any crime, other than the age thing.

Also, damn weird. Cannot name the victim's name because of a gag order, but somehow can name the guy's name? Then if anyone actually knows about the guy or the girl in question from seeing the guy's name appear on the news, doesn't it defeat the purpose of the gag order?

Rupp
01-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Singkies's laws are not consistant .

kertua
01-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Singkies's laws are not consistant .

Yes , very consistent with their inconsistency .