PDA

View Full Version : what can i do if i was promise the salary and didnt get it

gnnivla
14-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Hi all bro and sister,

My part time job was promise to be pay after everyday work
But today after i finish work i was not pay.. boss say because i was late
But i late due to the appointment is too far and i even take cab but late by 3 min
Now boss say he wont transfer me if i dun till friday as promise
On my part i never receive my today pay how can i promise him first
Any advise legal de what i can do
Alrhought is not much but i work hard for it.. i want to get it back

sexcision
14-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Any contract signed?

peanodood1337
14-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Hi all bro and sister,

But i late due to the appointment is too far and i even take cab but late by 3 min

It is against MOM's guidelines to not pay you a single cent:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/salary/salary-deductions

TL;DR version - Deductions for whatever reasons may not exceed 50%. In fact, in your specific case, he may only deduct as much salary as the amount in which you are absent for (i.e. if you are late for 30 minutes, he can deduct 30 minutes worth of salary)

Btw, non-payment of salary is an offence:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/salary/paying-salary

Here is an example of what happens when employers don't pay their workers:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-releases/2017/0323-employer-convicted-for-failing-to-pay-salaries-to-the-employees

You can make an official complain to MOM here:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/report-an-employment-act-violation

There is another option if you wish to take further action:

http://www.tadm.sg/eservices/employees-file-salary-claim/

This would cost you 10 bucks, but it would set things in motion to take your employer to court (if it goes that far - most employers would just freak out at the MOM letter and pay up).

Question - is your part time job an ad hoc job that does not contribute CPF? Cos you can get your employer into serious trouble if that's the case. CPF contributions are mandatory, even for "part time and casual employees":

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/central-provident-fund/employers-contributions

You can blow the whistle on your employer if you want in a separate report using the same link from earlier:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/report-an-employment-act-violation

Ok I hope this is enough ammo for you to get some justice. Good luck!

EDIT: I just realized that your employer has a loophole to exploit if he wants to be an asshole. If you complain to MOM, he can always claim that he was planning to pay you later. Legally, employers can choose to pay their employees - at the lowest frequency - once a month. So if your plan is not just to scare him into paying you but to do a number on him, you'll need some proof to show that he meant to withhold your pay deliberately to blackmail you into extending your employment with him.

gnnivla
14-05-2018, 10:33 PM
I do have whatsup conversation with him
Ok la if 10 i pay for it... cause is my hard earn money i have to get it back even if is beri troiblesome... he keep on threatening me cause he know this money meant alot to me

KenSG
14-05-2018, 11:10 PM
I do have whatsup conversation with him
Ok la if 10 i pay for it... cause is my hard earn money i have to get it back even if is beri troiblesome... he keep on threatening me cause he know this money meant alot to me

Why make things so difficult, call police or MOM. Threaten or owe you such small amount also meant this boss you work for business is going to be gone sooner or later

abclover
15-05-2018, 12:55 AM
Only work 1 day want to complain???? What kind of singaporean mindset is this?

First of all, you find excuse for yourself and coming to forum to cry for help.

You know location is far, why are you not prepared early?

You still have the cheek to say late 3 min only. You are a joke.

Put it this way, whatever appointment you are going to, as the company Rep, you should be early by 15 mins. Even on time, is a nono. You only make the company look bad.

So you ruin company reputation, how can company claim back from you?

And one day, what you want to claim? He promised pay you few thousand or few hundreds?

You yourself have no work ethic, come here complain.

Boss have no right to hold your salary. That I agree.

If I am boss, neither will I keep you.

I pay you your one day due and ask you go.

Reflect on yourself before you come forum rant.

Koei
15-05-2018, 01:14 AM

You yourself have no work ethic, come here complain.

Boss have no right to hold your salary. That I agree.

Reflect on yourself before you come forum rant.

Although this bro here a bit fierce but i can't help but agree with mostly what he said. Boss should not hold back your salary but you yourself have to ensure that you are accountable & punctual :D

screwu
15-05-2018, 01:18 AM
Read all his threads and samsters will know TS
is a scam artist.

iloveu4ever
15-05-2018, 02:25 AM
Dear TS...my best advice for u is suck thumb ;)

FreebiezWanker
15-05-2018, 02:30 AM
Do what u do best...BEG.

Small things keep complaining n complaining, why dun u hire a SC to fight ur case? Then hope for some payout then u dun need to work at all lor...

bigbangwolf
15-05-2018, 02:34 AM
work more part time to get paid

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 06:09 AM
I work for month and not one day btw...
I wake up at 6am everyday.. i can say my timing ia always early to make client
I work hard for my job, so maybe i state not clear i am late 3 min back to office due to work
Btw bro screwu whether i am a scam artist u should know well u wanna elaborate more on it
Or maybe i post the whatsup converaation here to let samster know more

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 06:49 AM
I reply to some bro here since like my post not beri clear
First of all i dun drive, so all places i go is by public transport
I work in this company a few month this salary i talk about is for yesterday
I live in west... i every morning have to reach changi north at 830am, at first was 930 after that become 9 then become 830 respectively... fyi my previous colleague timing is 930 instead of mine 830.. then i have to bring the document back from changi back to my office which is at toh guan that my morning job... and i right so far bro screwu, correct me if wrong!
Then afternoon i sometime send document to client or meet client to sell service to them which i n,s,e,w of singapore... bro screwu no problem on this part too right
So that was mainly my job scope.
As what bro loverabc say since i am such a bad worker should pay my that one day salary and fuck off u also wont keep me... strangely enough i was such a bad worker and my current boss still insist that i must work till friday and must confirm on this before he pay me, my work ethics so bad shouldnt be ask to go instead of staying?
Bro screwu say i am a scam artist so i did not work yesterday or i did not collect my docu or meeting my client which is at alps ave that y i am back late to toh guan...
Bro screwu should be clear on this and u can come here and say i scam artist?
Y because this forum pple with more rep point mean trustworthy or because pple like me come here and beg before that y i cannot believe?
I am simple i work hard for my salary... what wrong with that if i dun get pay and come here
to seek advise...
Ii dun steal nor rob for a living i earn it with my work... i only want my salary for the day i work

Big Sexy
15-05-2018, 07:27 AM
there are afew factors that needs to be considered.

you first need to know whether u are engaged under a contract of service or contract for services and then look at the terms in it.

if the contract of service say that you will be paid a sum daily for number of work hours worked ... then so long u fulfill the hours, you have the right to collect your wages+ cpf + whatsover that is stated in your contract.

late isnt an excuse for your "employer" to not pay u esp if there was no previous record of such and there is no warning given to you prior to this case.... he could deducted your pay or give u warning, but not paying you because you are late isnt a valid excuse unless there are other reason which he should inform you.

at the end of the day, a contract is a contract, so look at the terms and if it favours u, bring the matter up to MOM ... as much as i dislike saying it...your sg manpower ministry has done a good job protecting people like yourself.

Hi all bro and sister,

One could get away with load of things 25-30 years ago when i was a employer in sg.... these days you will be crazy to want to mess with employees rights and entitlements in sg.. if you remove him just because he was late, you will get into trouble with MOM. i know this because i am still very much in touch with my buddies in sg and i hear them say it every time.

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Thank peanodood1337 and bigsexy advise
I will go find out from MOM....

Big Sexy
15-05-2018, 07:42 AM
like i said, you need to know whether u are engaged under contract of service or contract for services..
you have a valid case if you are engaged under contract of service

Thank peanodood1337 and bigsexy advise
I will go find out from MOM....

Big Sexy
15-05-2018, 07:48 AM
here
http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/contract-of-service

Contract of service vs. contract for service

A contract of service is an agreement between an employer and an employee.

In a contract for service, an independent contractor, such as a self-employed person or vendor, is engaged for a fee to carry out an assignment or project.

This table summarises the main differences between the two:

here is, however, no single conclusive test to distinguish a contract of employment from a contract for services.

Some of the factors to be considered in identifying a contract of employment include:

Control
Who decides on the recruitment and dismissal of employees?
Who pays for employees' wages and in what ways?
Who determines the production process, timing and method of production?
Who is responsible for the provision of work?
Ownership of factors of production
Who provides the tools and equipment?
Who provides the working place and materials?
Economic considerations
Is the business carried out on the person's own account or is it for the employer?
Can the person share in profit or be liable to any risk of loss?
How are earnings calculated and profits derived?

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Ok thank bro big sexy
I will provide everything to them today and seek advise from them
I think i will have a case althought the money not much but i want justice
Maybe i will go to npp to seek advise first...

Big Sexy
15-05-2018, 08:03 AM
ok.. just googled.. npp=Neighbourhood Police Post (NPP)??

unless things has changes so much, your Neighbourhood Police Post (NPP) doesnt handle such cases..
you are just wasting your time and their time.

Ok thank bro big sexy

SocialCircle
15-05-2018, 08:08 AM
Ok thank bro big sexy

Call and tell wanbao to give this news. Let society decides for u.

If u r only late once, for 3mins, in the whole month, then it’s not right to withhold your pay.
It’s just downright unscrupulous and inhumane. Your boss gets the satisfaction from your constant pleading? Leave and find another job that’s near to your home.

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Ya socialcircle.. he want me to compromise working till friday before he gave me my salary
To me i have to get my salary first if not i cant promise anything i think is fair
And ya he think i cant do anything to him except plea and accept his term

TiNBoX
15-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Read all his threads and samsters will know TS
is a scam artist.

Screwu - Proven scammer calling other scam artist without proof , whereby is proven that you scam for points and don't return back the favour

https://sbf.net.nz/showpost.php?p=16951897&postcount=18595

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Well the truth speak for itself...
Finally pple come out to prove who bro screwu is, who is scam artist instead of calling pple one
U show whatsup proof to show i am a scam artist?
For the 2 bro... dun need to wait cause u all wont get it
It show too doesnt mean high rep point is trustworthy...

WhipLash17
15-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Screwu - Proven scammer calling other scam artist without proof , whereby is proven that you scam for points and don't return back the favour

https://sbf.net.nz/showpost.php?p=16951897&postcount=18595

such a scumbag.
Yet got the cheek to say scam.
Who is the real shameless Scammer?

BTW TS you must go MOM.

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Bro i will sure go if i never receive my salary
Is not much money my salary and i will have difficulty going but i will still go
3 and i am counting

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Btw how many bro here is from shipping and freight forwarding line?

bonk69
15-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Dun work for him, he so bastard why u still want to be cheated for another week?

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Bro bonk 69 he want me to work today and get document back to him and meet client until friday then he will pay me yesterday salary... i have whatsup proof on it any bro wanna see i can show... but this morning i never see my salary so i did not go work i wont be bluff for nothing... want me to whatsup him yes to commit to work till friday then transfer my salary of yesterday to me... what if i never receive today i commited yes... not stupid lor me..
I will disclose soon the company and my boss name to u all so that bro could be aware dun be like me yesterday do 12 hrs for nothing and let him use it to threaten me to work till friday..

peanodood1337
15-05-2018, 05:46 PM
I could be flamed for saying this but to the people calling TS a scam artist, c'mon guys, maybe we should just give this fella a chance?

In his previous thread, people gave him shit when he was begging for money. Now, he's trying to make an honest living, ran into some pay issues, and needed some advice. And we still have people flaming him. So what do you guys expect him to do? Go back to begging for $20?

Have you ever been down on your luck? Desperate with nobody to turn to? It is easy to judge TS behind a computer screen, but would you have done any better if you are in his shoes? Do you even know his story in the first place before judging him?

Kindness begets kindness. Just my 2 cts. Checking out of this thread. Stay cool.

PS. Good luck TS. All the best with getting your hard-earned pay back.

FreebiezWanker
15-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to lend him $ to tide him thru this episode. He very por thing, works so hard n din get his money. As u said, Kindness begets kindness. Cmon, be his knight in shining armour.

TS, faster forward ur bank acct details to Bro peanodood, he sure help u wan.

I could be flamed for saying this but to the people calling TS a scam artist, c'mon guys, maybe we should just give this fella a chance?

In his previous thread, people gave him shit when he was begging for money. Now, he's trying to make an honest living, ran into some pay issues, and needed some advice. And we still have people flaming him. So what do you guys expect him to do? Go back to begging for $20?

Have you ever been down on your luck? Desperate with nobody to turn to? It is easy to judge TS behind a computer screen, but would you have done any better if you are in his shoes? Do you even know his story in the first place before judging him?

Kindness begets kindness. Just my 2 cts. Checking out of this thread. Stay cool.

gnnivla
15-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Cmon freebizwanker
My thread never state i wanna ask pple for money
I ask pple for advise if u needed spec pls get one
Dun always think pple is like u keep on talking bad about pple
Dun like skip my thread

Robertson26
15-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Very well said .

peanodood1337
15-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Looking forward to lend him $ to tide him thru this episode. He very por thing, works so hard n din get his money. As u said, Kindness begets kindness. Cmon, be his knight in shining armour.

TS, faster forward ur bank acct details to Bro peanodood, he sure help u wan.

TS is working, he did not ask for any money in this thread. Merely seeking advice because he was unfairly treated by his employer. I happen to have some professional knowledge of HR matters, so I thought I could point him in the right direction.

Nobody is trying to be a knight in shining armour here. I was just voicing out some 公道話. Ask yourself - is there a need to kick a man when he is down? Did TS scam you personally? Or does it just feel damn shiok for you to continue shitting on him for being a beggar? Seriously man, why all that spite and sarcasm?

At this point, there is no reason to believe TS isn't truly trying to turn over a new leaf. So why don't we give him a chance? 人在做, 天在看. If TS is truly a scammer, he will receive his karma.

Ok I said my piece. If you want to continue flaming TS go ahead. It is your life after all. But as a neutral third party, I will tell you that this reflects more on your character rather than TS.

bonk69
15-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Pleas eprovide evidence that we long waited for!!! Great that u never continue working for him. Some bosses do the fuck thing they want without thinking of staff

Bro bonk 69 he want me to work today and get document back to him and meet client until friday then he will pay me yesterday salary... i have whatsup proof on it any bro wanna see i can show... but this morning i never see my salary so i did not go work i wont be bluff for nothing... want me to whatsup him yes to commit to work till friday then transfer my salary of yesterday to me... what if i never receive today i commited yes... not stupid lor me..
I will disclose soon the company and my boss name to u all so that bro could be aware dun be like me yesterday do 12 hrs for nothing and let him use it to threaten me to work till friday..

gnnivla
16-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Morning to all

This afternoon i will disclose all detail of this heartless boss and company if i have no reply from him at 10am...
Bro or sister here who work in panalpina in changi import department will be very familiar with him....
I dunno how to upload my whatsup msg up here to show it but if bro who want i can meet up no issue...

qifantasy
16-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Bro TS is bro screwu your boss pls confirm? You can tell us so that we will be wary of him!
And if he try to disclose your contact to other, you can go report to the police.
Such sore loser bro TS should disclose his detail as well, let zap him if confirm bro screwu.

screwu
16-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Qifantasy in TS clone account.

Tit for tat I will adopt.

gnnivla
16-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Thk bro and sis

My ex boss have call me to go collect my pay today, if i can get it today then this matter will be settle
As for whether qifantasy is my clone anot as bro screwu claim.. dun need to argue.. true speak for itself....
Btw thank bro qifantasy...
Those who is looking for bro screwu here he is hurry get ur pts before is gone

screwu
16-05-2018, 09:46 AM
For sure his salary was waiting for him to collect
from Mon. As usual TS is a latecomer. He is making use of everyone to obtain sympathy.
What a scumbag....

gnnivla
16-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Zzzz... dun need argue
I just want my salary...

screwu
16-05-2018, 10:25 AM
You came late after office hours to collect yr salary
and yet you can come here to kpkb about not getting your salary. Still on Tues you did not have the balls to call the office staff to inquire? Surely you are out of your mind. You were paid on time
and on many occassions paid in advance throughout. For a miserly $65 you did not collect during office hours...you say we cheated you?
You are of unsound mind.
No wonder you stayed unemployed for the last 2years. I found you in Sbf n offered you a job.
Surely, in your case kindness does not begat kindness. You are just a leech.

gnnivla
16-05-2018, 10:30 AM
No argue...
Waiting for today to get payment that all
The rest samster here judge themself

screwu
16-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Now no argue ? U kpkb the last few days without
Coming to the office to collect or take the time to inquire ...means... you expect the salary to fly or walk to your address...
You are a low baller....

peanodood1337
16-05-2018, 05:57 PM
You came late after office hours to collect yr salary
and yet you can come here to kpkb about not getting your salary. Still on Tues you did not have the balls to call the office staff to inquire? Surely you are out of your mind. You were paid on time
and on many occassions paid in advance throughout. For a miserly $65 you did not collect during office hours...you say we cheated you?
You are of unsound mind.
No wonder you stayed unemployed for the last 2years. I found you in Sbf n offered you a job.
Surely, in your case kindness does not begat kindness. You are just a leech.

Thanks screwu for giving us the other side of the story. If things happened the way you said, your company payroll records would show that you have paid TS. Him complaining to MOM would achieve nothing. Make sure you have everything in black-and-white.

As for the CPF thing, if you have not given him CPF and he tries to screw you over for that, don't worry - you have a grace period of 14 days after the end of the month to settle this issue (i.e. mid June):

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/central-provident-fund/employers-contributions

I would suggest you retain whatever text/email conversations you've had to support your version of the events. Like what I said earlier, 人在做, 天在看. If you have done nothing wrong, the law will be behind you.

@ TS:

If what screwu said was true, why are you biting the hand that feeds you? How do you expect people to want to help you in the future?

Actually you know what? You don't have to explain yourself further. This is all "he-said-she-said" anyway. Only the both of you will know the truth of the matter.

Good luck.

screwu
16-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Thank you for your vote of confidence. Every has two sides. I just waited for the appropriate to speak up.
For the record TS has collected his payment at 5pm from my office today.

ibanezjem555
16-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Talk left or right, still no bloody use.

Go to MoM and run him and his firm to the ground so that he get blackballed and blacklisted.

Send an email to all his clients, apologising that you cannot serve them anymore bcos boss didn't pay you.

All the best bro.

PS: I assume all you say is true n no other factors involved.

jacky43
16-05-2018, 11:26 PM
Locals need to access MOM website to get appt. Thinking back 5 yrs ago there was a need to wait for 3 days? Can't remember. However, FTs are given on the spot appt. Probably, afraid they will set the bus stop on fire.

On Tonight news 5. The most powerful man said the pink IC is not important, it is the culture, background and goodness of the people. Then how come he issued pink IC to FTs? PR will do just fine.

We shall wait for improvement from the VIPs. 2 yrs only.

FreebiezWanker
16-05-2018, 11:44 PM
For a miserly $65 you did not collect during office hours...you say we cheated you?

All this shit for $65??????

Lololol…. some lifes really cheap. Cb really a joke.

Tai_zi21
17-05-2018, 01:10 AM
Even though screwu scam my points...

But then again if someone I know from online would be willing to offer me a job when I am Down and out... I would be really grateful to him... he doesn’t own u a living...

And who the hell cheat for $65 pay?

I rest my case here argue all u like TS after all we are all living in a cyber world isn’t it

gnnivla
17-05-2018, 02:25 AM
I thank all bro here
65 may not be much but to me is important
Anyway i dun wish to argue anymore as i have taken my salary
If bro or sis who want to know the true can pm me i can prove my case
So that about it.... thank all

phablet
17-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Talk left or right, still no bloody use.

Go to MoM and run him and his firm to the ground so that he get blackballed and blacklisted.

Send an email to all his clients, apologising that you cannot serve them anymore bcos boss didn't pay you.

All the best bro.

PS: I assume all you say is true n no other factors involved.

Very jialat and hiong!!

taxihike
17-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Very jialat and hiong!!

Very hiong indeed!!

Vupob
17-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Locals need to access MOM website to get appt. Thinking back 5 yrs ago there was a need to wait for 3 days? Can't remember. However, FTs are given on the spot appt. Probably, afraid they will set the bus stop on fire.

On Tonight news 5. The most powerful man said the pink IC is not important, it is the culture, background and goodness of the people. Then how come he issued pink IC to FTs? PR will do just fine.

We shall wait for improvement from the VIPs. 2 yrs only.

Don't ever trust his words. Issue pink IC is to get more votes for the whites.