PDA

View Full Version : Help! Weird red spot above my pubic hair region

Pineapplekia
15-11-2017, 12:04 AM
There’s this red spot at my pubic hair region. No pain whatsoever. Visited a FL less than one week back but didn’t do much except HJ + fingering + her sitting around my groin area.

Also had a pimple about 2+ weeks back. Didn’t pop it though.

Is this a wart? :(

sammyboyfor
15-11-2017, 03:40 AM
There’s this red spot at my pubic hair region. No pain whatsoever. Visited a FL less than one week back but didn’t do much except HJ + fingering + her sitting around my groin area.

Also had a pimple about 2+ weeks back. Didn’t pop it though.

Is this a wart? :(

Warts are not red they are flesh coloured.

Pineapplekia
15-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Warts are not red they are flesh coloured.

Thanks Sam! The doctor said that it might be folliculitis. But there’s no pain when I press on it :confused: and it’s really tiny. Maybe 1mm in dia?

IAmAwesome
19-11-2017, 08:10 PM
TS do you have a picture of how the red spot looks like?

victor125
21-11-2017, 01:11 AM
Very likely it is just folliculitis, maybe too tiny you don't feel it pain?

uncletommy
26-11-2017, 06:12 PM
If lots of it could be MC. And might elvoes to bubbles like spots.

Pineapplekia
26-11-2017, 08:25 PM
That red spot eventually developed into a very small pimple so.... all is well! :)

IAmReallyNotGay
11-05-2018, 10:53 PM
could be MC

Sorry to ask this but what is MC?

sammyboyfor
12-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Sorry to ask this but what is MC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molluscum_contagiosum

Molluscum contagiosum (MC), sometimes called water warts, is a viral infection of the skin that results in small, raised, pink lesions with a dimple in the center.[1] They may occasionally be itchy or sore.[1] They may occur singly or in groups.[1] Any area of the skin may be affected, with abdomen, legs, arms, neck, genital area, and face being most common.[1] Onset of the lesions is around 7 weeks after infection.[3] It usually goes away within a year without scarring.[1]

MC is caused by a poxvirus called the molluscum contagiosum virus (MCV).[1] The virus is spread either by direct contact including sexual activity or via contaminated objects such as towels.[4] The condition can also be spread to other areas of the body by the person themselves.[4] Risk factors include a weak immune system, atopic dermatitis, and crowded living conditions.[2] Following one infection, it is possible to get reinfected.[9] Diagnosis is typically based on the appearance.[3]

Prevention includes hand washing and not sharing personal items.[6] While treatment is not necessary some may wish to have the lesions removed for cosmetic reasons or to prevent spread.[7] Removal may occur with freezing, opening up the lesion and scraping the inside, or laser therapy.[7] Scraping the lesion can however result in scarring.[9] The medication cimetidine by mouth or podophyllotoxin cream applied to the skin may also be used.[7]

Approximately 122 million people globally were affected by molluscum contagiosum as of 2010 (1.8% of the population).[8] It is more common in children between the ages of one and ten years old.[2] The condition has become more common in the United States since 1966.[2] MC is not a reason to keep a child out of school or daycare.[10]