PDA

View Full Version : Revealing IC number when registering in Massage Palours?

gonasd
12-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Jus curious , when to this massage palour, was told to enter my IC number in the ipad

First time encountering this. Was wondering is it safe to reveal such info and wads the purpose? Wouldn't our name be sufficient to identify ourself?

gonasd
12-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Any repsonse will be good?:(

Is this procedure of stating IC number to identify oneself upon entering the massage parlour safe?

opqwopqw
13-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Normally I will give fake one, they don't even check. Die die don't put your real nric

altaego
13-09-2017, 08:51 AM
If you give fake ic, pray hard no raid if not you will be questioned why you provide the fake ic.

gonasd
13-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Normally I will give fake one, they don't even check. Die die don't put your real nric

any reason why dont put real ic?

wordless
13-09-2017, 02:58 PM
If you give fake ic, pray hard no raid if not you will be questioned why you provide the fake ic.
Am sure there is nothing wrong with providing fake ic number to private businesses or non-government individuals. Make sense?

wordless
13-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Anyway if they insist on seeing ID, like in the case of hotels, i guess we can always choose not to give them our business.

Sfan
13-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Am sure there is nothing wrong with providing fake ic number to private businesses or non-government individuals. Make sense?

Is not for the business. They don't give af. It's required by the law. Try explaining to AV your logic lor

newyorker88
13-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Is not for the business. They don't give af. It's required by the law. Try explaining to AV your logic lor

Yup, the law states they have to take the nric of the customer. In a raid, they will definitely ask u for it. These are SOP. If IRS does not tally, good luck to u.

titan
13-09-2017, 08:28 PM
well.. i would give a 'fake' number say ic number is 1234567 i would write it as 7234561, 1 and 7 can look similar if u scribble on it. works the same for 2 & 3 too.. :D

afterburn
13-09-2017, 08:44 PM
The regulation requires these massage joints to keep a log of customer info. Ypu can give fake number but "good" luck if there's a law enforcement check.

Scribbling is no use when some shop nowadays ask you to key in your details on tablet!

halogen019
13-09-2017, 08:56 PM
I strongly recommend writing your real ic number but you can scribble it such that it is a bit illegible.

In an event of a raid, if no action started or you are not caught in the act and the AV team crash in, at least you can still escape if your IC is correct. If it is wrong, then jialat.

Some spa use tablet to sign in. That one really no choice but to type in your correct and clear IC number.

But as I said in another post, I think the digital sign in is the worst type of registration.

I know some spas will dispose the hard copy registration records after a certain time but if the copy is in digital format, who knows one day it may leak out to the internet world and people can see your name and IC in full.

Although it may be easier from the spa perspective, it makes many bros feel uneasy about registering digitally.

afterburn
13-09-2017, 09:29 PM

I know some spas will dispose the hard copy registration records after a certain time but if the copy is in digital format, who knows one day it may leak out to the internet world and people can see your name and IC in full.

After a long week of hard work, what's wrong with seeking a relaxing, soothing massage? :p

gonasd
13-09-2017, 09:37 PM
I strongly recommend writing your real ic number but you can scribble it such that it is a bit illegible.

In an event of a raid, if no action started or you are not caught in the act and the AV team crash in, at least you can still escape if your IC is correct. If it is wrong, then jialat.

Some spa use tablet to sign in. That one really no choice but to type in your correct and clear IC number.

But as I said in another post, I think the digital sign in is the worst type of registration.

Although it may be easier from the spa perspective, it makes many bros feel uneasy about registering digitally.

So whats the actual purpose of entering IC? In case of a raid, and they can recall those who patronise the palour's service before?

The massage palour that i go to has a digital sign on..

Wouldnt names be sufficent to identify oneself?

halogen019
13-09-2017, 09:39 PM
After a long week of hard work, what's wrong with seeking a relaxing, soothing massage? :p

There is nothing wrong.

But imagine a "dirty" spa that was caught and exposed in media and suddenly a leak of the registration list happened.

If the spa is totally clean, I would have no issues registering through their tablet.

thoreldan
13-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Yup quite curious abt this practice.

When i started cheonging donkey yrs ago, it's like a sop to leave name/ic.

Now it's not consistent across the industry.

Is it a law requirement ? Or the shops just 'continue' to do it without knowing anything ?

Any senior bro can shed some light to this ?

halogen019
13-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Yup quite curious abt this practice.

When i started cheonging donkey yrs ago, it's like a sop to leave name/ic.

Now it's not consistent across the industry.

Is it a law requirement ? Or the shops just 'continue' to do it without knowing anything ?

Any senior bro can shed some light to this ?

I think it is a law requirement but I do notice that it is dependent on the time you go visit.

If the joint opens late and you go there very late or very early, sometimes the counter staff just a bit more relax and forget to ask you to sign in.

aDeCaLs
13-09-2017, 11:17 PM

I also wrote intelligible, so if kenna AV just say bad handwriting.
So I try to avoid those with digital sign in. Except for the super clean one that I go with my wife.
But got happened before the clean one also forgot to ask me to sign in.

rocket1128
13-09-2017, 11:29 PM
it is better to give real IC, I ever see an indian guy brought up to the car as he gave a false IC.
During the raid, my massage session just started 5mins, luckily my ML was doing the proper massage.

chukeliang
14-09-2017, 02:48 AM
Jus curious , when to this massage palour, was told to enter my IC number in the ipad

First time encountering this. Was wondering is it safe to reveal such info and wads the purpose? Wouldn't our name be sufficient to identify ourself?

First time go masg?
Last time?

Steventan
14-09-2017, 10:38 AM
I will give another name followed by the correct NRIC no.
Guess it will be good enough

chukeliang
14-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Ic registration, not safe,or
Make the plc safe..?

bigbuffalo
14-09-2017, 04:17 PM
It's for easier tracking of people just in case any ML had anyone deadly disease..just like the way government hope to contain Sars

Ping123
14-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Ya, i always tell myself, i just go for clean massage, clean massage, clean massage. NIRC must be correct. But i skip the last alphabet sometime, treat like a "typo"

perfection89
14-09-2017, 05:05 PM
when raid, they will ask you take out your NRIC and vet against the list of sign in customers. if your IC not inside, they will ask you what is your name and nric to get verbal proof. If still cannot find, then you will have to go back mata station with them...:o

Write wrong letter also will go back mata station and drink kopi. bad handwriting not excuse.

those who want to try write fake NRIC really pray hard no raid. not joking matter.

kena once recently, wrote a different name from nric name. kena chia kopi 2 hours with mata asking why i write fake name. i say i want to avoid marketing soliciting by them but they say this is a legal document. not for marketing. end up kena warning before i can go...

afterburn
14-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Better if have official western first name in your nric. Then just write the western name + surname, it's more generic. But nric number better be accurate.

rocket1128
14-09-2017, 08:55 PM
for me I will give the real IC.
But for those still insist to give wrong ic, I will suggest you visit the spa after midnight as it should be safe.
that is the best advise for you.

HOWITZER105MM
14-09-2017, 09:01 PM
If AV shows and you registered false IC, there will be problem.

rocket1128
14-09-2017, 09:12 PM
by the way anyone got caught by AV with wrong IC registration?

what do they ask you when brought back to station?
I guess most people give excuse as PDPA, hence cannot disclose data.
but will the answer be accepted is another question.

Bizsta
15-09-2017, 07:41 PM
when raid, they will ask you take out your NRIC and vet against the list of sign in customers. if your IC not inside, they will ask you what is your name and nric to get verbal proof. If still cannot find, then you will have to go back mata station with them...:o

Write wrong letter also will go back mata station and drink kopi. bad handwriting not excuse.

those who want to try write fake NRIC really pray hard no raid. not joking matter.

kena once recently, wrote a different name from nric name. kena chia kopi 2 hours with mata asking why i write fake name. i say i want to avoid marketing soliciting by them but they say this is a legal document. not for marketing. end up kena warning before i can go...Luckily just a warning I think it was reported before a fine was imposed for giving false ID in HC

chukeliang
16-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Becos of registration hc very safe.
No fight ,no robbery.