PDA

View Full Version : Serious The strange phenomenon of mixed marriages in the Malay community, and repercu

Sammyboy RSS Feed
07-08-2017, 09:30 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Firstly, I want to preface this by saying, it’s my own personal opinion and of course my 2 cents worth. Also, this is based on what I have observed empirically, and from my personal interactions with Malay friends and what not.

I have noticed that among the various ethnic communities in Singapore, Malays tend to have the higher ratio of mixed marriages. Now, I am not aware of any studies into this at all, but it seems to be so from a personal point of view. I mean every community has its own Sarong Party Girls and Sarong Party Guys. Lots of Chinese girls have married white men, or Indians, and a few Chinese men I know have also married muslim women. But as a percentage of the overall marriages in this community, its not that high.

As for the Malay community, it seems to me that this phenomenon is of a much higher occurrence. I know many malay girls who have married white men, as well as Indians and other races. It almost seems to me that they prefer foreign white men to local malay muslim men. Is this because there is something wrong with the local malay male? Its not just the rank and file Malay boys and girls who have this preference. But look at their political and cultural leaders. Minister Yacob Ibrahim has married a white Puerto Rican girl, and he of all people must know the implications this would have in his own community. I daresay this caused him a short as EP for this coming elections. But other famous Malays like Fandi Ahmad have also married out of their race and religion, his wife being a South African Caucasian woman.

What are the repercussions? Look at Halimah now. A product of a Malay and Indian marriage. Are there no more 100% pure born Malays anymore? Will Malays die out down the road as a racially exclusive community? Why is this not happening in Malaysia, among their Malays? If the PAP intends to go on passing more and more racial laws, they are going to have to get more and more creative with what is a Malay.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?245670-The-strange-phenomenon-of-mixed-marriages-in-the-Malay-community-and-repercussions&goto=newpost).