PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat The Singapore Police Force Traffic Police Department. Share your views.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
04-06-2017, 02:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Quote:
Staff Sergeant Nadzrie joined the Singapore Police Force in 2009 and was posted to the Traffic Police after he had completed his training. He was 29 years old.

Total of 17 years in the Traffic Department. How many years as a Mobile Squad outrider? I thought the Police Force had adopted a policy of rotating their officers in and out of TP to avoid the situation in the past where corruption in one form or the other was rampant.

No doubt those who rode and drive in the 70's and the 80's remember, heard or partook in getting cops on the inside to make your offence reports disappeared. Gratifications of course were handed.

Would not a disproportionate number of Traffic Police mobile squad officers of a certain race inspire less confidence of fair enforcement in general? I often see riders from a certain minority riding with the right leg off their foot pegs and moving off before traffic light changes in to green. Now those generally minority race riders riding those big bikes with big side panniers and multiple spotlights are riding on the extreme right lane of expressways as if it's their Allah given rights. Never seen any TP to stop them.

My brother in law, mild and gentle of demeanor and often causes us to want to pull out our hair due his slow mo driving was once charged in court for speeding a few years back in the days before the popular use of in car camera. He saw and passed by two traffic cops parked on the side of an expressway with a civilian vehicle all with their warning red and yellow lights on. Glancing back in his rear view mirror he saw the traffic cops scrambled on to their bikes and before he knew it he was overtook, stopped and directed to pull up to the side of the expressway.

To his shock the Malay Traffic officer claimed that he was speeding at more than 40 kmph above the limit. He noticed the other Malay officer who was junior in rank looked non plussed when he heard the accusation but nevertheless kept quiet. My BIL protested to no avail. He was fined $800 and 12 demerit deduction points.

The Malay cops were able to clock him speeding when he passed them by and stopped him within a short distance? Technology is available to log in and record all police motorcycle movements. Why is it not adopted here? Land division patrol officers are already equipped with body cameras, why not motorcycle cops?

My BIL. He is a hard core PAP supporter. We stopped talking with each other a number of times over our political affiliations. He still supports the PAP after that episode.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (https://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?244105-The-Singapore-Police-Force-Traffic-Police-Department-Share-your-views&goto=newpost).