PDA

View Full Version : Serious investors. Gauging intrerest. Legit, real estate investment

Slaveatwork
27-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Previously there was a thread on this forum comparing everyone's net worth and I was quite shocked to see there are many well-educated, highly intelligent folks here. Hence, would like some thoughts.

A friend of mine owns a D9 condo unit currently tenanted through a long term corporate lease. He is looking to cash out on this receivable and obtain financing up front. He'll novate the tenancy agreement to me (or my company) hence monthly rental payments will go straight to my designated bank account. I have spoken to a lawyer on this and it is fully legal.

Any thoughts from folks out there in the investing industry? Is this something you would do?

tabloid
27-01-2017, 01:50 PM
How long is the tenancy lease agreement?
How much you have to pay him?
Why dun your friend mortgage the condo?

CitiB0nk
27-01-2017, 03:56 PM

You interested?
If interested then PM TS.
If not interested ask so many questions for fark?

chickenworm
27-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Novation is a tripartite agreement. This means that corporate tenant is signatory too and agrees to pay direct to your account. 1) Unlikely they will agree; and 2) unlikely corporate tenancy agreement have such long lease terms without break options; 3) non performance of your friend as landlord, for example having home foreclosed means the future income stream is gone, bad deal. 4) don't see any motivation from landlord to do this, unless very cash strapped. Red flag. In summary- very bad deal

UOBank
27-01-2017, 04:13 PM
You interested?

We are all bankers lah!

Hi Miss Parrot.

tabloid
27-01-2017, 04:17 PM
You interested?

ts asking for my opinion and does your pussy get itchy.

"empty vessel makes the most noise"

AAdam
27-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Previously there was a thread on this forum comparing everyone's net worth and I was quite shocked to see there are many well-educated, highly intelligent folks here. Hence, would like some thoughts.

A friend of mine owns a D9 condo unit currently tenanted through a long term corporate lease. He is looking to cash out on this receivable and obtain financing up front. He'll novate the tenancy agreement to me (or my company) hence monthly rental payments will go straight to my designated bank account. I have spoken to a lawyer on this and it is fully legal.

Any thoughts from folks out there in the investing industry? Is this something you would do?

Do you want to re sell again this agreement? Or you are just asking for advice?

ozymandias
27-01-2017, 06:21 PM
I am assuming that he is the owner of the Condo. There is something like this called factoring and you woould be getting around 70% of the rental due for said period. You pay him up front for 70% of the amount recieved, he gets 30% less,

The issue is this if any deal is to good to be true it usually is. The question then becomes the issue of the deal and the paperwork. There are no friends when deals are involved and it behooves one to check every detail before entering one.

1. Tenancy breaks tennancy , what then the cost to you. ?

2. Tennnacy deposit who holds it ?

3. Maintanence and upkeep , if agreement novates to you, then you are responsible, are there any hidden issues.

4. Has he mortgaged the property ? Do remember that if he defaults on the property loan , then the bank has first rights on everything and that should I believe include the rental from point of default.

CitiB0nk
27-01-2017, 06:27 PM
ts asking for my opinion and does your pussy get itchy.

"empty vessel makes the most noise"

Did ts really ask for your opinion? Which pussy of yours read that?

I know your pussy is empty now, you need something big to shaft it in :rolleyes:

cadsan
27-01-2017, 07:32 PM
We are all bankers lah!

Hi Miss Parrot.

ladyboy spotted :eek:

sadfa
27-01-2017, 09:17 PM

You come here ask this type of question? This forum is more suitable for questions like wat lube to use n your threesome experience

And you actually said payment go to your designated account? U got company n ask such questions n say such things . Wahlan..... And your writing is unclear

You're in luck for I am here to reply.
Ignore all other posts if u only got time to read one post

Wat you're doing is simply buying a property with tenancy la. Very common..
Just make sure property price n tenancy is reasonable lo

In the past, ppl buy several properties n use rentals to pay mortgages. Sometimes they even make some extra from rentals. Don't need to top up to pay bank. So if deal iz Good, ask yourself why your fren need to sell.

Rentals even from company isn't permanent. expatriates sure have break clause la. So if you're willing to rent at 2k when market rental is 3k , then no worries as long as the area is good n yr place fully furnished n u don't take mortgage

And seldom ppl buy property in companys name. You say such a thing, it makes me wonder ..... And of cos pay to yr account la. Then?? Change to 10 cents coin n leave bag In yr house. U got money to buy d9 property n straightforward things u don't know. Hmmmm...
_______
Exchange points u also don't know meh

Slaveatwork
27-01-2017, 09:40 PM

It is a 3 year corporate lease. So the upfront amount would be for a discount on the total 3 years.

Condo is already mortgaged. Too bad SG does not have a concept of secondary mortgage like US

Slaveatwork
27-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Novation is a tripartite agreement. This means that corporate tenant is signatory too and agrees to pay direct to your account. 1) Unlikely they will agree; and 2) unlikely corporate tenancy agreement have such long lease terms without break options; 3) non performance of your friend as landlord, for example having home foreclosed means the future income stream is gone, bad deal. 4) don't see any motivation from landlord to do this, unless very cash strapped. Red flag. In summary- very bad deal

Novated contract would mean that the original rights and obligations under my friend would be passed on to me. There will be a separate contract signed.

Only break option is a diplomacy clause as per standard contract.

But you raise a very good point on 3). He may not pay his mortgage which results in bank foreclosure. But what happens to the tenant then? Will tenant get kicked ouT

Slaveatwork
27-01-2017, 09:49 PM
I am assuming that he is the owner of the Condo. There is something like this called factoring and you woould be getting around 70% of the rental due for said period. You pay him up front for 70% of the amount recieved, he gets 30% less,

Factoring is exactly what it is, but I was under the impression this is only available for companies with receivables. Unfortunately, no secondary market for individuals.

The issue is this if any deal is to good to be true it usually is. The question then becomes the issue of the deal and the paperwork. There are no friends when deals are involved and it behooves one to check every detail before entering one.

1. Tenancy breaks tennancy , what then the cost to you. ?
It's a corporate contract with a reputable MNC. I have no worries on default.

2. Tennnacy deposit who holds it ?
Doesn't matter.

3. Maintanence and upkeep , if agreement novates to you, then you are responsible, are there any hidden issues.

4. Has he mortgaged the property ? Do remember that if he defaults on the property loan , then the bank has first rights on everything and that should I believe include the rental from point of default.

Good point on item 4

Slaveatwork
27-01-2017, 09:50 PM
You come here ask this type of question? This forum is more suitable for questions like wat lube to use n your threesome experience

And you actually said payment go to your designated account? U got company n ask such questions n say such things . Wahlan..... And your writing is unclear

You're in luck for I am here to reply.
Ignore all other posts if u only got time to read one post

Wat you're doing is simply buying a property with tenancy la. Very common..
Just make sure property price n tenancy is reasonable lo

In the past, ppl buy several properties n use rentals to pay mortgages. Sometimes they even make some extra from rentals. Don't need to top up to pay bank. So if deal iz Good, ask yourself why your fren need to sell.

Rentals even from company isn't permanent. expatriates sure have break clause la. So if you're willing to rent at 2k when market rental is 3k , then no worries as long as the area is good n yr place fully furnished n u don't take mortgage

And seldom ppl buy property in companys name. You say such a thing, it makes me wonder ..... And of cos pay to yr account la. Then?? Change to 10 cents coin n leave bag In yr house. U got money to buy d9 property n straightforward things u don't know. Hmmmm...
_______
Exchange points u also don't know meh

No idea what you are saying at all.

sadfa
27-01-2017, 09:54 PM

Hahaha .

You can't novate tenancy to u if you're not the owner of the property. Novation is all three sign la. If you sign a separate agreement between two of u, a bit fishy.
Tenant can novate to another tenant. landlord can novate to another tenant

but if u take over landlord. How does it work. Do u know? Who take over landlords obligations. Tenant pay u rental, air con spoil how? Look for you?

Don't pay rental, your fren have to take action cos he's ths owner n landlord. Not you. So u understand what's going on..or u think u take action cos you're the landlord. Don't own property can b landlord meh

Or do u mean you're to be the tenant n the company is sub tenant n they pay to you. Damn weird n both u n company should be wary

Superman ask his employer to pay 100% salary to his mother. It simply means money goes to her. Superman still employee n he do all the work. Company can't touch mother even if they overpay to her.
Your fren not so dumb la.
What does he get in return???

Haha go ask a lawyer or ask properly
_______
Exchange points dreaming ma

unicornboy
28-01-2017, 12:24 PM

I dont blame u. That lau chee bai sadfa like to talk cock. Hes talk cock in every thread.

This is year of the cock. Be prepared to hear more of lau chee bai sadfa cock reply.

unicornboy
28-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Haha go ask a lawyer or ask properly

Lau chee bai talk cock so much. Then ask people to go ask lawyer. Ler ki cui tuck lan lah.

tabloid
28-01-2017, 12:35 PM
It is a 3 year corporate lease. So the upfront amount would be for a discount on the total 3 years.

Condo is already mortgaged. Too bad SG does not have a concept of secondary mortgage like US

Novated contract would mean that the original rights and obligations under my friend would be passed on to me. There will be a separate contract signed.

But you raise a very good point on 3). He may not pay his mortgage which results in bank foreclosure. But what happens to the tenant then? Will tenant get kicked ouT

ts, think this is very risky business.

in hk quote "where have a big toad jumping in the streets"

looks like your friend not paying the mortgage.

If the bank repossessed the property then the bank may continue the tenancy with the tenant till the bank sold the property away in an auction or may inform the tenant that the lease may be void.

best consult a lawyer to be sure..

chickenworm
28-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Should always understand motivation of your counterparty. In normal scenarios, rental income is used to repay mortgage instalment. In your case, the landlord upfronted the rental for 3 years. He will need to service his mortgage instalments from other sources of income. Granted that he will not walk away with say 9% of property value (assuming net rental yield of 3% p.a over 3 years) when he has 20% equity in the property (assuming 80% financing) and he's liable for default. But he sounds desperate to even contemplate this. He will likely come to you to borrow money to service the loan instalment if he gets deeper in financial difficulties. By then, he's your friend plus you are already drawn into the mess as your income stream is dependent on the rental continuing. As I said.. very bad deal