PDA

View Full Version : Dull pain on right side of testicle, lower abdomen pain, frequent urination

sigueroa
14-01-2017, 01:34 AM
Dear all,

Would like to seek your advice regarding something. I'm 26 this year, I've been having this kinda dull pain on the right side of my testicle, probably i would say where the pubic hair grows, near to the groin. I masturbated like once everyday.

It started one week ago - I masturbated before, then few hours later I went for a jog. When I came back and sat down, all of all sudden I feel this dull pain at stated area. There isn't any red patch or anything, everything visually looks okay. Usually if I don't touch it or anything, it's pretty unnoticeable, it's only when I hold my penis and when i move it towards the left or straight, there comes the dull pain again. Then I leave it alone, and when I do the same action again, feel it once more.

I have been masturbating everyday still since then, and I am still able to ejaculate and urinate as per normal, without any pain.

Right now, My groin area is aching as well, and not only that, been feel some sort of ache on my thighs/knees sometimes too. I'm feeling a slight "cramp" at my lower abdomen, kinda when your testicles get squeezed. And the dull pain is still at the area. Now it feels more significant or so.. It's not painful, it's just bothering. And me being a very paranoid person with past health issues, it gets me very worried. And just beginning yesterday, I have a more frequent need to urinate.. like every 15min or so. Even now after I just urinate, I still feel like there's something there.

Hope you can share some insights or advice for me. I'm quite worried here. I did some search and the closest I can link it to is prostatitis. Thank you all!

bonkhq69
14-01-2017, 06:23 PM
try to do some excerise like swimming or light jogging. i have the same problem and it helps me:cool:

IAmAwesome
14-01-2017, 07:20 PM
From the way you describe TS, it seems that you might have just pulled a muscle

meviusoption
15-01-2017, 09:34 PM
probably your right iliopsoas muscle acting up. do you also have a varicocele on the right side? back pain or pelvic floor pain?

think you should go get it checked out with an ultrasound nevertheless.

sigueroa
16-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Dear all,

Thank you for your replies, appreciate it!

It's been a few days since I posted, and since then I haven't masturbated as well.. but the pain is still apparent there..now it isn't really dull, but just like a little mild sharp pain when the skin gets stretched after pulling. It's been 2 weeks already and no signs of it disappearing.. occasionally I also feel like my testicles are being "squeezed", leading to lower abdomen pain.

To reply to each of you:

bonkhq69 - Hi bro, noted, will do so! Just want to check if your issue has been resolved? And how long did you take before recovering? Did you visit a GP as well?

IAmAwesome - Hi bro, I hope so too. But honestly, doesn't feel like it's muscle.. feels more closer to skin than muscle. But I'm not sure as well..

meviusoption - Hi bro, I don't have a varicocele (don't see any enlarged veins), I have back pain but it's because I have an existing lower back condition. I would say this create some groin and thigh ache..

For my lower back, doctors couldn't figure out what is it.. not slipped disc or anything, they just said muscle sprain/strain, even after MRI/X-Ray. This was more than 5 years ago. Since then, I've been getting used to it, like the ache is pretty apparent.

I really hope this muscle strain (if it is) will go away somehow - kinda affecting my quality of life :/

anonymous99
17-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Frequent urination, muscle ache, dull pain could also be a sign of uti. How about going to the polyclinic for some urine test and diagnosis. No harm to doing it also

meviusoption
18-01-2017, 09:41 AM
probably and very likely related to your back pain. read about the cremaster muscle and psoas impingments. something is likely to be compressing your testicle vessels, maybe overactive anterior hip flexors in response to your spasmed back muscles

find some pt who can do manual work/release on your lower ab and hip muscles and I think you will find much relief! worked for me at least. can pm me if you want

alternatively you can ask your GP for some muscle relaxants they help a bunch too in the mean time

but of course first thing best to ultrasound your abdomen make sure there isn't any obstruction

meviusoption
18-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Also, you've got muscles at the base of your penis as well. The pain you get moving it left and right is the ischiocavernous muscles.

Yeah, some PTs work on that area as well :D

maxsee
18-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Sounds like prostrate cancer...best to find a doc to diagnose it...:p

DoctorTan
18-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Sounds like prostrate cancer...best to find a doc to diagnose it...:p

Good call. The only factor I would like to point out is Prostate Cancer is almost unheard of in 26 year olds.

However I agree that the pathology is probably from the prostate/pelvis. Either something mechanical or inflammatory like CPPS.

sigueroa
18-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Dear all,

Thank you all for your replies, appreciate it! Much better than posting in other forums..

Anonymous99 - Hmm I hope not.. but I'll monitor first for maybe 1 or 2 weeks.. if issue has no sign of subsiding, I will probably go to GP..

Meviusoption - Woah bro! Are you a doctor or something? :D You seem very knowledgeable in these issues.. all your replies have been very useful to me! I'll drop you a PM!

Maxsee - Thank you for your comments bro.. I would think it's not prostate cancer.. but might have something to do with my prostate..

DoctorTan - Hope you are a doctor too! Haha.. Yeah. I hope it's not..

To update all now, I don't have any frequent urination now, nor much pain in my pelvic already.. but the dull pain is still present, maybe just a little more significant when I move my penis.. Trying to refrain myself from "adjusting" it too much.. one thing that I have is itchy hands syndrome.. I will keep touching and adjusting to feel it.. Very bad habit of mine..

Anyway, I've gotten some pumpkin seeds (Read that it's good for prostate), gonna include it in my daily diet now..

Thank you all for the comments thus far!

Footman
19-01-2017, 01:42 AM
Might be hernia. Google it

sigueroa
21-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Hi Footman,

Thanks for your reply.. googled and don't have symptoms as stated..

I think it's probably a muscle strain/sprain, and probably due to my chronic lower back pain, it kind of aggrevates it..?

Would massaging that area helps? I tried and I can feel the sore muscle inside. Right now, I'm just feeling like there's a sore at that area. The pain when moving my penis towards the left still persist. I'm finding that my lower back is aching a little more than usual now.. including my thighs and knees too on one side, sometimes the other.

Feel like my body is so weak..

sigueroa
23-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Dear all,

Just an update.. I went to see a GP, and he informed me that it might be an inguinal hernia. He thought so after pressing the area and asking me to cough, comparing with the left side. I tried so myself and kind of felt something come out after coughing.

He referred me to a surgeon in SGH, but one thing that I'm really confused (and demoralized) about is, I don't even do any heavy lifting what so ever, and there isn't any bludge/sharp pain or any other symptoms that people assiocate inguinal hernia with. Although I found some people having mild inguinal hernia with no obvious symptoms at all.

Just feel super bumped that I've been trying to live healthily, ensuring that I bent my knees down properly when picking up things, avoiding heavy objects etc. But no matter how I do, this kind of health issue just negates everything and comes when it wants.

sammyboyfor
23-01-2017, 11:48 AM
He referred me to a surgeon in SGH, but one thing that I'm really confused (and demoralized) about is, I don't even do any heavy lifting what so ever, and there isn't any bludge/sharp pain or any other symptoms that people assiocate inguinal hernia with. Although I found some people having mild inguinal hernia with no obvious symptoms at all.

Hernia is no big deal I've had 3 Hernia operations in my life.

It's a hereditary condition and is very common.

The operation will fix it for good. However it can recur somewhere else and it's just a matter of fixing each hernia that pops up.

sigueroa
23-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Hernia is no big deal I've had 3 Hernia operations in my life.

It's a hereditary condition and is very common.

The operation will fix it for good. However it can recur somewhere else and it's just a matter of fixing each hernia that pops up.

Hi bro, thank you for the comments. Just wondering if it impairs your movement after the operation? And how long will did you take to recover for each of your operations? I am not sure what to expect.. would be good if could have some advices.

Thank you!

IAmAwesome
23-01-2017, 06:51 PM
fixing each hernia

Actually is there anyway to prevent a hernia?

sammyboyfor
24-01-2017, 03:34 AM
Hi bro, thank you for the comments. Just wondering if it impairs your movement after the operation? And how long will did you take to recover for each of your operations? I am not sure what to expect.. would be good if could have some advices.

Thank you!

The doctor will advise no heavy lifting etc. However since I'm not into weight lifting it made no difference to me.

I was back training on my bicycle 10 days after the operation. Slight tenderness around the wound but nothing that stopped me from doing whatever I wanted.

After a couple of months I was as good as new.

sammyboyfor
24-01-2017, 03:35 AM
Actually is there anyway to prevent a hernia?

Unfortunately no but it is such a minor operation it is really no big deal. Went to hospital at 12 noon and I was home by 6 pm. Back to work the next day.

Nowadays it's all done by keyhole surgery. They cut a couple of holes near the belly button less than 1 cm long.

DoctorTan
24-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Hernia surgery is a very simple procedure and often performed as a day surgery.

Occasionally, Doctors give such a good regional nerve block that the leg is temporarily paralyzed. So sometimes patients have to stay a night in hospital to wait for the anesthesia to wear off.

sigueroa
24-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Dear all, thank you for your reply.

Ive been reading about this surgery and it seems like there are quite a few post issues after the surgery.. Like even more pain than before surgery.

Just wondering if anyone has got exactly inguinal hernia before, and can share their experiences, be it done surgery or just watchful waiting?

Right now I feel some discomfort in my right testicle.. Something like blue balls feeling which is affecting my abdomen. Started about last night.. Dull pain still present..

sammyboyfor
24-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Just wondering if anyone has got exactly inguinal hernia before, and can share their experiences, be it done surgery or just watchful waiting?

My first experience was with inguinal hernia and my symptoms were similar to yours.

I was doing a lot of sports at the time and I kept wondering why my groin hurt after exercise.

After the op all pain was gone in less than 2 months. I felt like a new man.

sigueroa
24-01-2017, 03:59 PM
My first experience was with inguinal hernia and my symptoms were similar to yours.

I was doing a lot of sports at the time and I kept wondering why my groin hurt after exercise.

After the op all pain was gone in less than 2 months. I felt like a new man.

Hi bro, thank you for your response :) appreciate it. Was yours laproscopic surgery, or the open kind? Also, would yours be a sports hernia instead of an inguinal? Am doing yoga now for relief purposes..

Tbh I'm quite scared because of all the post op experiences that I read.. Creating a few hesitations for me.

sammyboyfor
24-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Hi bro, thank you for your response :) appreciate it. Was yours laproscopic surgery, or the open kind? Also, would yours be a sports hernia instead of an inguinal? Am doing yoga now for relief purposes..

Tbh I'm quite scared because of all the post op experiences that I read.. Creating a few hesitations for me.

I already said above it was keyhole surgey (1 cm incisions - one for the scope and the other for the surgical instruments).

Inguinal hernia simply means that it is occurring through the inguinal canal regardless of the cause. I've known people who have never done a day of sport in their lives but still develop inguinal hernia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inguinal_canal

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Gray1143.png

You sound like a bit of a wuss to me. It goes without saying that you're going to have more pain immediately after operation but after everything has healed you should be pain free.

In many aspects of life short term pain is required in order to gain long term benefits. This is true when it comes to finances or sports activity and is certainly true when it comes to hernia operations too.

sigueroa
24-01-2017, 05:01 PM
I already said above it was keyhole surgey (1 cm incisions - one for the scope and the other for the surgical instruments).

Inguinal hernia simply means that it is occurring through the inguinal canal regardless of the cause. I've known people who have never done a day of sport in their lives but still develop inguinal hernia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inguinal_canal

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Gray1143.png

You sound like a bit of a wuss to me. It goes without saying that you're going to have more pain immediately after operation but after everything has healed you should be pain free.

In many aspects of life short term pain is required in order to gain long term benefits. This is true when it comes to finances or sports activity and is certainly true when it comes to hernia operations too.

Thank you for your honesty and straightforward reply, appreciate your honest thoughts and I understand where you are coming from.

I will try to bring up a stronger front on my part and be a more positive and stronger person.

Thank you and will update of my progresses here! :)

sigueroa
25-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Dear all,

Would just like to give a little update from my visit to a General Surgeon in SGH.

I visit a senior consultant, and he specializes in laproscopic hernia surgery. Described to him my "log" from day 1, and he did the cough test by asking me to lie down and feel that area. Said there isn't anything, he also felt my scrotum and said the same thing. By the way, I had right testicular discomfort 2 days back, went away ytd and was on and off. Today was alright..

Anyway, he scheduled me for an ultrasound still, gonna go this Friday. Status right now for me is, suddenly when I press around the area where inguinal hernia bulge usually forms, feel this sort of muscle pain, can feel a little bump or something.. and right now, my right hip is suddenly acting up for no reason.

Well, still hoping for the best :o

takumikumi86
25-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Dear all,

Would just like to give a little update from my visit to a General Surgeon in SGH.

I visit a senior consultant, and he specializes in laproscopic hernia surgery. Described to him my "log" from day 1, and he did the cough test by asking me to lie down and feel that area. Said there isn't anything, he also felt my scrotum and said the same thing. By the way, I had right testicular discomfort 2 days back, went away ytd and was on and off. Today was alright..

Anyway, he scheduled me for an ultrasound still, gonna go this Friday. Status right now for me is, suddenly when I press around the area where inguinal hernia bulge usually forms, feel this sort of muscle pain, can feel a little bump or something.. and right now, my right hip is suddenly acting up for no reason.

Well, still hoping for the best :o

All the best for you bro. Finger crossed!!

Footman
26-01-2017, 02:32 AM
I will strongly advise u to go for the surgery. However,different people reacts and recovers differntly, coz it took me almost a month to recover! No joke, but it was worth it because I suffered almost 2-3 years of pain like you back then...

sigueroa
06-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Dear all,
Apologies! A little long, but please bear with me!

I just consulted the doctor earlier today regarding my ultrasound, and I am diagnosed with right inguinal hernia. Scrotum and testes are okay. The report wrote:

"There is a small omental fat containing reducible right inguinal hernia noted."

Current update of pain seems more dull, much less noticeable than before.. No bulge still, both standing and sitting, at least can't feel with fingers. However, I am still considering my options here, I hope you bros can advice me on this..

I went under PRIVATE (went to private GP and got referral) as I can claim from my company, because at that point of time didn't expect will get this. Max surgery claimable is $7k for me. I was able to select my doctor too; selected a SGH senior consultant that specialized in laproscopic surgery for hernia. But doctor verbally advise me that the cost of the surgery is about $5k? So that is to be confirmed when I go for my follow up on end Feb.

My dilemma now is, should I continue going the private route, or should I re-open the case as a public patient? Because the doctor verbally told me the cost, I'm just afraid that after additional cost and services, it will exceed $7k.

At least for public, I believe the cost will be significantly lower. Only thing is for public, definitely have to wait longer, and won't be the same doctor, dependent on who's the doctor on duty at the (new) initial consultation.

Would like to humbly seek your kind experiences and recommends, and if possible to share and you remember, how much did your inguinal hernia laproscopic surgery cost?

Thank you all! :)

MaraGuru
07-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Bro, yours cheap already.

I did mine, about SGD18K @ Parkway East with lodging 3D2N.

Quickly get it fix. Just remember, after ops DO NOT carry heavy stuff more than 5kg for first 3 to 6 mths.

sammyboyfor
07-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Bro, yours cheap already.

Quickly get it fix. Just remember, after ops DO NOT carry heavy stuff more than 5kg for first 3 to 6 mths.

That is outrageously expensive. Mine cost less than 4k I was in and out in less than 6 hours.

Did you have complications or was it a particularly complicated procedure for some reason.

IAmAwesome
07-02-2017, 06:48 PM

This should be under private and not subsidized right?

sigueroa
14-02-2017, 11:22 PM
This should be under private and not subsidized right?

Dear all,

Sorry for the late response as SH now blocks this site! Have to access through proxy.. previously it was down too.

Anyway, I have further emailed the doctor and he roughly told me the cost will be about $6-$7K depending on complexity. I believe mine is quite at the beginning stage so should be less complex.. Anyway, I am a PRIVATE patient, so no subsidy.

Anyway guys, just an update with regards to my status. I literally don't feel anymore pain whatsoever already.. even after adjusting. The most is I will some very slight sudden discomfort around that area. I've been constantly trying to feel for bulge but it's not present (yet) still.

I understand that hernia is something that wouldn't heal on it's own, but this has kinda made me think a little; like should I just go ahead with the surgery first? Or should I adopt a watchful-waiting stance on this? My next consultation to discuss about surgery cost is on 27 February.

Appreciate all your kind inputs.. Thank you!

sammyboyfor
15-02-2017, 11:51 AM
You can access via www.sbfsg.net

Dear all,

Sorry for the late response as SH now blocks this site! Have to access through proxy.. previously it was down too.

Anyway, I have further emailed the doctor and he roughly told me the cost will be about $6-$7K depending on complexity. I believe mine is quite at the beginning stage so should be less complex.. Anyway, I am a PRIVATE patient, so no subsidy.

Anyway guys, just an update with regards to my status. I literally don't feel anymore pain whatsoever already.. even after adjusting. The most is I will some very slight sudden discomfort around that area. I've been constantly trying to feel for bulge but it's not present (yet) still.

I understand that hernia is something that wouldn't heal on it's own, but this has kinda made me think a little; like should I just go ahead with the surgery first? Or should I adopt a watchful-waiting stance on this? My next consultation to discuss about surgery cost is on 27 February.

Appreciate all your kind inputs.. Thank you!

sigueroa
09-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Dear all,

I have jsut completed my inguinal hernia surgery!

Just one question though.. how did you guys feel after? Right now I'm feeling this cramped feeling at my lower right abdomen..

sammyboyfor
09-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Dear all,

I have jsut completed my inguinal hernia surgery!

Just one question though.. how did you guys feel after? Right now I'm feeling this cramped feeling at my lower right abdomen..

It's quite normal in a few days you'll feel as good as new.

sigueroa
09-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Okay, thanks!

Cos the doc just called me.. and when I told him that, he said shouldn't have that pain.. So quite unsure :/

sammyboyfor
09-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Okay, thanks!

Cos the doc just called me.. and when I told him that, he said shouldn't have that pain.. So quite unsure :/

Was it laparoscopic surgery or conventional?

sigueroa
09-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Was it laparoscopic surgery or conventional?

It was the laparoscopic surgery.. My surgery was yesterday. Slept early last night, and right now I still feel kind of same as yesterday though. Ate pain killers but seems like doesn't really help..

MaraGuru
11-03-2017, 01:04 AM
That is outrageously expensive. Mine cost less than 4k I was in and out in less than 6 hours.

Did you have complications or was it a particularly complicated procedure for some reason.

No complication, but was an A&E. Operation within 2 hrs when I reached.

sammyboyfor
11-03-2017, 01:43 PM
It was the laparoscopic surgery.. My surgery was yesterday. Slept early last night, and right now I still feel kind of same as yesterday though. Ate pain killers but seems like doesn't really help..

They stitched a supporting mesh into your abdomen. You may take a few days to get used to it. After that you won't notice it anymore.

sigueroa
14-03-2017, 08:26 PM
They stitched a supporting mesh into your abdomen. You may take a few days to get used to it. After that you won't notice it anymore.

Hi Sammyboyfor, thanks for your response, it has been 6 days since my surgery and I believe I am recovering.. slowly but surely!

Can I just check though (not only to you), did you feel any sort of testicular discomfort after? Like now my right testicle feels kinda full/pressured, I'm not sure if it was because I took a long walk just now though.

Thank you!

sigueroa
17-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Hi Sammyboyfor, thanks for your response, it has been 6 days since my surgery and I believe I am recovering.. slowly but surely!

Can I just check though (not only to you), did you feel any sort of testicular discomfort after? Like now my right testicle feels kinda full/pressured, I'm not sure if it was because I took a long walk just now though.

Thank you!

Dear all,

I'm day 9 post op now. My surgical area feels okay now, but seems like my right testicle has this feeling of fullness/tenderness.. I experienced this once (I think?) pre surgery when I knew I got hernia, but after that it went away.. This has been here since day 6.

My right pubic area also has this dull pain that comes and goes, actually similar to what I have pre-surgery. I suspect it's linked to my testicular pain as well, but I can't be sure. Right lower back (existing problem) also acting up more now..

Just wondering if you guys felt sensations like that post surgery? And how long did you guys wait before resuming sexual activities?

Appreciate all your response.. because this is kind of the only local forum where I can get some outputs.. Thank you! :)

sammyboyfor
18-03-2017, 02:01 AM
Appreciate all your response.. because this is kind of the only local forum where I can get some outputs.. Thank you! :)

Lots of these sorts of aches and pains are psychological.

Just ignore the discomfort and get on with your life. After a couple of months you'll be as good as new. :p

sigueroa
11-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Dear all,

Just thought maybe I should post an update.

I am about at the 5 weeks mark post op, feeling all okay already. Mobility back to usual. However, sometimes I feel some weird discomfort on the same area as before surgery, sometimes even on my left side.. And it happens randomly, like I am sitting down doing nothing and suddenly I felt it. Sometimes it's barely noticeable.. But it's more of an annoying discomfort.

Makes me think like, is these discomfort even caused by my hernia at all..?

Well, I just hope it doesn't recur, or my left side doesn't grow it.. I have not been lifting heavy or anything as well..

Would be great if I could get some insights from yall.. Thank you!!

sammyboyfor
12-04-2017, 10:13 AM
In a couple of month's time I'm sure everything will be back to normal. :)

Dear all,

Just thought maybe I should post an update.

I am about at the 5 weeks mark post op, feeling all okay already. Mobility back to usual. However, sometimes I feel some weird discomfort on the same area as before surgery, sometimes even on my left side.. And it happens randomly, like I am sitting down doing nothing and suddenly I felt it. Sometimes it's barely noticeable.. But it's more of an annoying discomfort.

Makes me think like, is these discomfort even caused by my hernia at all..?

Well, I just hope it doesn't recur, or my left side doesn't grow it.. I have not been lifting heavy or anything as well..

Would be great if I could get some insights from yall.. Thank you!!

IAmAwesome
12-04-2017, 04:41 PM
In a couple of month's time I'm sure everything will be back to normal. :)

Agreed here as well too