PDA

View Full Version : In a job I dun like, should I quit?

justwanadoit
03-01-2017, 01:34 AM
I would like to apply overseas Job or apply for migration but this job I am in also take up my after office hours such that I got very little energy for applying. But if I quit I got no income . Should i quit and spend time to apply for migration and overseas job?

Very demotivated and feel like dying . But if quit I no income

sadfa
03-01-2017, 01:38 AM
I would like to apply overseas Job or apply for migration but this job I am in also take up my after office hours such that I got very little energy for applying. But if I quit I got no income . Should i quit and spend time to apply for migration and overseas job?

Unless this job is u starring in av videos wat does it have to do with sex
_________
Exchange points better than asking stupid questions ma

justwanadoit
03-01-2017, 01:57 AM
Unless this job is u starring in av videos wat does it have to do with sex
_________
Exchange points better than asking stupid questions ma

Aiya ... everything will affect your sex life may.no Job no $ , u can enjoy sex meh?

GreatAlexandros
03-01-2017, 02:49 AM
If you really want to quit TS, find another job first then quit, don't quit without another job in hand

CacoonFest
03-01-2017, 05:31 AM
If you really want to quit TS, find another job first then quit, don't quit without another job in hand

Fully agreed
9 57

miguela
03-01-2017, 05:51 AM

in the same situation as you bro, for me just stay put and earn the income and till the economy recover then change job...

justwanadoit
03-01-2017, 08:27 AM
But really buei tahan , like torture sial. And although I steal some time to apply Job during office hours but I find still not enough. Esp when I also wan apply to migrate

beast
03-01-2017, 09:11 AM

Like what other bros say, find a job 1st then quit. But end of the day, depends on your own risk appetite. You got dependents ta home waiting for your income? nowadays a lot of ppl willing to quit and spend full time at home looking for job.

My personal preference is to make sure there is no break in income so that I can continue put food on the table for my family.. So lan lan.. Have to stay in my current job..

Endlessdays
03-01-2017, 10:11 AM

This is the best advice for your situation, and seriously, should be obvious. Not sure what you mean by no time to even apply. Do you work 16 hours a day?

bonbong88
03-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Please don't quit without finding another job.

& that being said the economy now is very bad with several places even without bonus.

Sometimes it may also be about your comfort zone to step out before you deduce whether the job is for you. Interest does not equate to what you want to do in future. Never leave a job without getting any skills or values to value add to your next job.

veronicanguyen
03-01-2017, 11:27 AM

Just do it.!

Make sure you have another job before you quit.

JordanSpieth
03-01-2017, 12:16 PM

& that being said the economy now is very bad with several places even without bonus.

Sometimes it may also be about your comfort zone to step out before you deduce whether the job is for you. Interest does not equate to what you want to do in future. Never leave a job without getting any skills or values to value add to your next job.

Very sound advice!

UbiRd1
03-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Just do it.!

Make sure you have another job before you quit.

Well said actually.

goldie9660
03-01-2017, 02:05 PM
I also wanted to quit my job. Just afraid I might not be able to find one as the economy is bad. Work until sian also. Hope to find a new job soon then quit. Or else no income cannot survive.

chenzong
03-01-2017, 04:22 PM
I also wanted to quit my job. Just afraid I might not be able to find one as the economy is bad. Work until sian also. Hope to find a new job soon then quit. Or else no income cannot survive.

前怕虎、后怕狼。Don't be afraid. Just do it and apply. Put your energies to your work in the meantime, even as you apply. Otherwise you will find yourself going nowhere.

sammyboyfor
03-01-2017, 04:23 PM
But really buei tahan , like torture sial. And although I steal some time to apply Job during office hours but I find still not enough. Esp when I also wan apply to migrate

What exactly is wrong with the job you have right now and what makes you think that if you change jobs the next one will be any better?

Why do you think that emigrating will make you happier?

stevenlok
03-01-2017, 04:44 PM
find job first than quit

ramon
03-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Cantonese got this saying : 'Keh Ngao Wan Ma' meaning : Ride on a cow to look for a horse.

Nowadays there are many employers out there who can interview you after office hours as they are too busy during the day too...

Serenade
03-01-2017, 06:18 PM
If going to work each day is such a torture, then quit without a job. But before you do so, take stock of your savings first to see how long you can last with no job and expenses to pay. This is a reality check so that you plan.

Bear in mind that no job means you also have no medical benefits and if you fall sick or bad-luck need to go hospital, you pay yourself. Do you have insurance premium to keep up, or vehicle installments to make?

To tide over while you look for a more suitable job or fill in migration forms, take a temporary or part-time job that requires minimal training. Bear in mind that the pay is not great working for fast food or as security guard. The benefit is that you can go home promptly at end of shift. If you need time to read or study to better yourself, volunteer to do the night shift permanently as a condo guard. There will be opportunities on night shift to do your own thing while getting paid

goldie9660
04-01-2017, 02:30 PM
前怕虎、后怕狼。Don't be afraid. Just do it and apply. Put your energies to your work in the meantime, even as you apply. Otherwise you will find yourself going nowhere.

Send out a few resume liao. Hope to get an interview soon.

nuclearkid
04-01-2017, 02:55 PM
If you ask around, most people will tell you that they are not crazy over their jobs. It's a means to an end to provide for their family and lifestyle. It can be overly idealistic to expect job satisfaction all the time, that sort of emotional state will fluctuate too. Unless you really hate your job because of your boss or a lack of skills to function properly, the level of dissatisfaction can be reduced with a slow but steady mental shift.

chenzong
04-01-2017, 05:45 PM
If you ask around, most people will tell you that they are not crazy over their jobs. It's a means to an end to provide for their family and lifestyle. It can be overly idealistic to expect job satisfaction all the time, that sort of emotional state will fluctuate too. Unless you really hate your job because of your boss or a lack of skills to function properly, the level of dissatisfaction can be reduced with a slow but steady mental shift.

Very well said, nuclearkid. We need to reassess this "lack of satisfaction" thing. That is why we need to keep at it and work on it while we look for a "better" job, instead of focusing on the problems and lack of satisfaction. A problem is not solved by focusing on it. We focus on the solution.

retsmas
04-01-2017, 05:54 PM
In the same situation like ts just that i hv no plans to look for a oversea job. Am suffering at my current work place and dying to leave. However, found a propect job but its a contract post which the co say got chance to renew contract or convert to perm at tge end of this contract. Should i take it up considering the economic climate even its a contract post?

curious11
04-01-2017, 10:41 PM

This one is very correct!!

On top of find a job first before quitting!

I heard some quit for fun to relax relax after few months then panic pulling strings to find job.. dont siao siao..

And back to value add, all jobs will have something to learn.. if lucky then got people teach, if not lucky then learn yourself..go bang wall and learn also better than sit down and do nth..

And never complain about 'hey how come his work he never do then pass to me to do?' take up the new task, learn as much as u can, it adds to your portfolio at the end of the day. use this as leverage for your next job interview!

But sometimes also pandai pandai choose the jobs that will add value la, between learn how to type and learn how to sweep floor, of course learn how to type la..

sadfa
04-01-2017, 10:43 PM
In the same situation like ts just that i hv no plans to look for a oversea job. Am suffering at my current work place and dying to leave. However, found a propect job but its a contract post which the co say got chance to renew contract or convert to perm at tge end of this contract. Should i take it up considering the economic climate even its a contract post?

No

_________
Exchange points must ask alot of questions ma

USboy
04-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Bro,
i'll make a few assumptions as I give you advice. High chance that you're not in a very high paying job. If you were, I would suck it up, do the job and get paid the big bucks. Hard to find well paying jobs now.

For migration unless you're getting to a lesser country like Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand etc. you won't be able to get a proper job unless maybe you went to school there like UK, US and AU. But even then, it's VERY difficult to get a job, sponsor and visa.

I used to work in the US for almost 8 years. It was tough to get that first job even after I went to school there. Most 1st world countries look for specialized skills with grads from good schools - NUS, even tho very highly ranked, is not considered special.

My advice is find out what you like to do and if it's practical - like don't say i want to be a actor, writer, singer etc.- then go for it. Get the proper certs and get the job you want. But do not leave the job you have now bro. Huge risk. Economy sucks now.

sadfa
04-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Bro,

I used to work in the US for almost 8 years. It was tough to get that first job even after I went to school there. Most 1st world countries look for specialized skills with grads from good schools - NUS, even tho very highly ranked, is not considered special.

Nus is fucked up shit la.

It's symbolic of spore.
Totally fucked up reputation overseas or no one heard of it or care about it overseas . But in spore those idiots brag until like it's world class . Fucking fake
_______
Exchange points fake ma

haikim999
05-01-2017, 12:54 AM
Nus is fucked up shit la.

It's symbolic of spore.
Totally fucked up reputation overseas or no one heard of it or care about it overseas . But in spore those idiots brag until like it's world class . Fucking fake
_______
Exchange points fake ma
Really? Tot nus very famous overseas?

sadfa
05-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Really? Tot nus very famous overseas?

That's the same rubbish from idiots who think garbagement is world famous n world leaders like xi n Abe etc respects garbagement n in awe of them. Haha

If you got a confirmed place in nus medicine, the most difficult faculty to get in in nus, don't say MIT or Harvard or Cambridge la, if top universitys in China or Japan offer u a place , fucking run there la. You know how fucking difficult to get into those places?

Nus is like spore whores. Over rated only in spore
_____
Exchange points delusional ma

ApplePucker
05-01-2017, 02:24 AM
find job first than quit

This is better imho

veronicanguyen
05-01-2017, 11:49 AM
This is better imho

Fully agreed with you.

CashRegister