PDA

View Full Version : Some tips - Avoid iTunes Card Scam

torrokey
05-08-2016, 09:32 PM
There are many con ppl who will put fake photos on freelance sites, online dating and wechat.

They will then add you and message.

Their first question is always where you stay and after you reply, they will tell you they come to study but work part-time and can provide you like $150 for 2 hrs/unlimited. Based on what you told them where you stay, they will tell you they are living nearby and you can visit them at their flats for happy hours.

They are scams ... once you reach, they will ask you to buy iTunes cards and ask you to take photos of the cards and numbers. They will tell you that first transaction they don't take cash as scared you later got no money.

All these are scams - be very careful.

Their photos are not real, and usually google from some taiwanese meimei website and facebook.

So don't ask them for a selfie as they will fake one.

One way you can do is ask them to do something unusual and take selfie. This minimise the chances of photos alot.

For instance,

1. You ask them for a selfie and they quickly give you one. Next you can ask them to unbutton the 1st and 3rd buttons and take the selfie with the same dress. Or you can ask them to put a singapore coin on their nose and take the selfie and send you.

Usually they will say cannot and if you don't believe, you can go away. That confirm they are not the real person.

If there are such pretty meimei who can take $150 for 2 hrs/unlimited, I'm sure they dont mind the above request to clinch the deal. Of course you can promise them some tips if they really send the selfie as per your request.

I hope the above help in preventing some bros here from getting conned.

NOTE: Please change the above and don't follow the above unbutton 1st and 3rd buttons or put coin on the nose as if everyone does the same thing, I'm sure they would prepare it beforehand.

2nd tip is you can actually take some photos of your nearby places and places like 7-11 etc

When the girls ask you to go to that place and take photos to prove to them, you can use those pictures prepared first without making the trip. 99% of the time is after they "verified" you're there, they will ask you to buy iTunes card :)

So this help to prevent you from making the trip down.

3rd Tip - never reveal your HP no. If they want to call you, they can actually use WeChat call. There is no reason for them to need your HP as since before the deal, both of you have been communicating via wechat, there is no valid reason not to do so. Wechat allows you or her to call you without knowing each other's HP

Once you give her your HP, they will get a guy to call you and give all sorts of threats. Also, it's not difficult for them to know your addresses or other details based on your HP, as they could have contacts or bribe the telco (M1, Singtel, Starhub) to retrieve your details.

wangboy
05-08-2016, 09:51 PM
actually the best way I have found is this.

1) Tell them your handphone got no data roaming so once you are out of your house/office you cannot use wechat anymore (that way they know when you reach the place you cannot take photo and send them)

2) ask them for their contact number, all real fl in business will give you their number. Of course they ask for your contact number. So this is what I reply, I tell them

"I don't even remember my own contact number so I tell them you give me your number and I call you and you will have my number"

At number 2 they will go away.

smg1234
06-08-2016, 02:30 AM
Thanks for sharing bros. I found it effective to straightaway ask if they accept cash after they give their rate. Usually they will be silent after this question or say they only accept iTunes card.

torrokey
06-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Thanks for sharing bros. I found it effective to straightaway ask if they accept cash after they give their rate. Usually they will be silent after this question or say they only accept iTunes card.

Some will tell u of course is using cash. Then later they verified you have reached and changed it to iTunes

gjlow
06-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the tips. Very useful.

benfu
06-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Fully agreeeee

Some of the girls are really pretty...

But don't fall for their trap! :o

sladang
06-08-2016, 07:40 PM
So next time u see any Wechat ads wif pretty girls offering services at $150x2(or even unlimited shots), u might as well get ready your iTunes card first la.
Then call and tell them that u oredi hv the iTunes card wif u, ask them want to send the numbers? pro-active ma, LOLz :D ..

Regaine
06-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks TS for sharing such useful tips . Always use a clear head when you cheong . Also never pay in advance but insist on COD . If you suspect something that is not right better to walk away .

rav.evc
07-08-2016, 08:27 AM
just talked to a pretty mm.
same lar, 150/2 blah blah..
say nearby me, Yishun 102, i know lar, got 7-11.
then i ask buy iTune card?
she(He) say no need.
BUT....支付宝; Ha!
Now change patent already, use China 支付宝.:D:D
just gaga play few more minutes.... just give some excuse, then just finish the chat. delete and block.

FT86
07-08-2016, 09:57 AM
just talked to a pretty mm.
same lar, 150/2 blah blah..
say nearby me, Yishun 102, i know lar, got 7-11.
then i ask buy iTune card?
she(He) say no need.
BUT....支付宝; Ha!
Now change patent already, use China 支付宝.:D:D
just gaga play few more minutes.... just give some excuse, then just finish the chat. delete and block.

Another similar thread again on those wechat scam...

frostfuryz
07-08-2016, 12:06 PM
always ask for phone number and COD, not itunes card, google card or some other alibaba card.

always take precaution when handling with such cases and dont be conned by such scammers. take care bros.

sladang
07-08-2016, 08:36 PM
The moment u ask for her phone number and tell her that the deal is COD and not by any cards, think immediately she will stop & block u liao, coz she knows she can't con u ma, and she doesn't want to waste her prepaid card credit oso la..

iceiceice
08-08-2016, 12:23 AM
to all bros,

i believe the current scam has upgraded to mingling around with chongster to gain their trust and ask for money or any other ways. one very easy way of verifying is to ask for their telephone number. they will give excuse this and that, so you should know what to do.

archer69
08-08-2016, 04:07 PM
fucking tips.

just ask for cash transaction! if they ask anything else just straight away say FUCK OFF

tjseng
08-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Tks, bro. Have u tried $$$$$$.com before ? My friend kena the scam case as what u mentioned, and he is careful to deal with online or wechat booking. Any good and safe lobang ? Tks.