PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat This is what Shanmugam should have posted

Sammyboy RSS Feed
21-07-2016, 11:40 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

As a MP and a cabinet minister, it is never a bed of roses. And that applies right across the World. I wonder if Shanmugam could have provided a better post in his Facebook about the issues of the rude resident and the rats.

Here is an example of a better post. The first 2 paragraphs are his.

Quote:
K Shanmugam Sc
18 hrs ·
Rude, mocking behaviour of a resident buts its the rats that we should be concerned about
--------------------------------------------------------
Public officers deal with thousands of members of the public every day, on different issues. They try their best to help. On many such occasions, they need to work with the public to help resolve municipal issues at hand. Most residents are helpful and understanding.

Recently a resident wrote to me complaining about rats. Even as the staff from the People’s Association, Town Council and Residents’ Committee tried to help, he continued to write emails peppered with sarcasm to mock them. He seemed to think that he had a right to do so.

The resident does have a valid point despite the manner that he approached us and attempted to seek redress. Rats seemed to be everywhere. It's a growing issue and the press has carried a number of articles on it recently. I am not even sure if NTUC can assure our residents that their food is safe from rats.

I could have dismissed the resident's complain as rude but the bigger issue is actually the rats and our public servants are now facing the brunt of people's anger.

I am going to reach out to the resident and explain that his conduct is not acceptable but that we will still address the rats issue.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233190-This-is-what-Shanmugam-should-have-posted&goto=newpost).