PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat $500Kplus to do Medicine in Australia

Sammyboy RSS Feed
18-07-2016, 07:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Had lunch with this gentleman today and he told me that it will cost him approximately $500k plus to send his daughter to do medicine in Australia. I was surprised that the fees and cost of living had shot up in matter of years. He told me that fees alone was AUD70k x 6 years =AUD 420K . The fees do not cover accommodation and any living expense.

He also told me that she had all As but there were about 2,000 applicants for 260 places for NUS. He also said that they are required to submit 2 letters of recommendation plus interview for NUS. She however did not get accepted and they enrolled her in Australia.

Here is something that surprised me. He told me that the interview panel at the University in Australia did not have a candidates full name but a number and first name. Apparently this is to avoid students with well known parents having an advantage. They also did away with letters of recommendation to avoid influencing the panel. I was not aware of the letters of recommendation. Anyone know when it was introduced.

When I asked him about doctors from 3rd World countries, he naturally became upset. And yes, he will never ever vote for the PAP.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233054-500Kplus-to-do-Medicine-in-Australia&goto=newpost).