PDA

View Full Version : DHL Scam

Humlea
23-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Dear bros,

a few days ago some china guys call my home saying that there's a parcel posted to my house at 2pm but nobody at home. My wife argue that she didn't see anyone sending anything at 2pm. They proceed to asking the parcel owner name... which tricked my wife into saying my full name and they just say yes yes yes it for him. My wife even gave them my cell phone number.

Today I received a automated call asking to acknowledge a parcel sending by DHL to me. The automated system required me to key in my 7 digit NRIC which I didn't do it and hang up the call.

I just called up DHL main line and enquire about the parcel and they informed me that 100% guarantee chop it's a scam.

If you have such similar experience and wonder if you really have a parcel, just call 6285 8888 to verify with DHL.

The automated system that called me is using 9235 1093. Note the call sounds very professionally done.

Please be aware and don't give out your personal particular/data.

Zapzaplah
23-06-2016, 04:24 PM
You must have been sleeping all along, this scam news already announced months ago liao, kum sia.

Slowpump
23-06-2016, 04:39 PM
There's another one claim to be DBS bank which i recieved call yesterday. A recorded msg in English & Mandarin says there's a problem with my a/c and to press 0 to speak to a officer. So i hit 0 just to troll the fuckers.

It went like this:
Atb: Sir, i'm calling from dbs ........ there is unaurthorised activity on your a/c. Are you aware? (something to that meaning but my Mand. fuckup so....)
Me: Wor yau...
Atb: Please tell me you full name.
Atb amused: You want - what you want!??
Me: Wor yau tiao ni jibai...lol
Atb: Tama de blah blah balh..
Me: Huh? Pu ke yi? Tiao ne piku ke yi ma...
Atb: :eek: disconnected...

Valore
23-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Thanks for warning us :)

SilentMan
23-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Please do not reveal personal information to strangers from these type of calls .

DiAprilani
23-06-2016, 04:57 PM
There's another one claim to be DBS bank which i recieved call yesterday. A recorded msg in English & Mandarin says there's a problem with my a/c and to press 0 to speak to a officer. So i hit 0 just to troll the fuckers.

It went like this:
Atb: Sir, i'm calling from dbs ........ there is unaurthorised activity on your a/c. Are you aware? (something to that meaning but my Mand. fuckup so....)

Haha good one :D

fallenkite
23-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Even if you don't reveal your name, they might already do. It is quite cheap to buy information about us, like the singpass incident. So long they ask about money, can't speak english and speak in mainland Chinese, most likely are scammers.

Neuer
23-06-2016, 05:20 PM
These scammers sure can think of many patterns

sky_liner2
23-06-2016, 05:43 PM
You must have been sleeping all along, this scam news already announced months ago liao, kum sia.

I got a few calls too and one look you know something is not right with the registered phone nos. :

+65411332480

+65381266119

+65362824089

Numbers are super long.....

Bugsey
23-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Please do not reveal personal information to strangers from these type of calls .

Agree with you bro

Devilivy69
23-06-2016, 08:27 PM
The scammers are always trying to cheat us of our hard earned money . :mad:

sadfa
23-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Dear bros,

a few days ago some china guys call my home saying that there's a parcel posted to my house at 2pm but nobody at home. My wife argue that she didn't see anyone sending anything at 2pm. They proceed to asking the parcel owner name... which tricked my wife into saying my full name and they just say yes yes yes it for him. My wife even gave them my cell phone number.

Today I received a automated call asking to acknowledge a parcel sending by DHL to me. The automated system required me to key in my 7 digit NRIC which I didn't do it and hang up the call.

I just called up DHL main line and enquire about the parcel and they informed me that 100% guarantee chop it's a scam.

If you have such similar experience and wonder if you really have a parcel, just call 6285 8888 to verify with DHL.

The automated system that called me is using 9235 1093. Note the call sounds very professionally done.

Please be aware and don't give out your personal particular/data.

Many legitimate spore companys claim they don't communicate using automated telephone messages but that's bs la. the banks do.

These scammers should pay me 50k to b consultant n ill teach them how to perfect their processes.

Firstly no big company in spore use Chinese automated messages.

They should hire whites to record automated messages n hire Malaysians Indians Filipinos to b telephone operators.

sadfa
23-06-2016, 09:10 PM

It went like this:

Your prank weak la.
I teach you.

Say you're monk from ABC temple n you know they're scammers but its ok cos you're a converted scammer. You made 3 million rmb but you suffered mysterious illness until your master saved n converted you.

If they wan to hang up, tell them you'll pay 200 to talk to them. N start your Buddhist chanting n singing.

Batman said criminals are superstitious.
If you can con them n make them cry, you'll achieve the ultimate.

constructor
23-06-2016, 10:44 PM
The scammers are always trying to cheat us of our hard earned money . :mad:

Very well said bro

otamay
23-06-2016, 11:18 PM

l just received tfew days ago, speak mandarin. Calling from dhl, sensing something not right becoz ever deal with dhl speaking in English. So l pretend don't understand and tell the caller to speak in English. He continued to speak but l not.interested so l Justin hang up on him.

warboi
23-06-2016, 11:31 PM
This is bad. ATBs are for us to F. We should not let them scam out money. I suggest we revenge for those who kenna scammed by screwing more ATBS

Nato17
23-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Many legitimate spore companys claim they don't communicate using automated telephone messages but that's bs la. the banks do.

These scammers should pay me 50k to b consultant n ill teach them how to perfect their processes.

Firstly no big company in spore use Chinese automated messages.

They should hire whites to record automated messages n hire Malaysians Indians Filipinos to b telephone operators.

Firstly, I don't think you adding any ideas here is going to help anyone else in the long run, especially with hire whites to record automated messages and hire Malaysians, Indians, etc....

The reason is at least to me, I think the bosses running this scam are most likely Singaporeans and not the PRCs. Otherwise, why would they know so much about banks in SG etc. Someone in SG or has a Singaporean background is probably the ringleader.

Also, I think these people do troll the forums here. And by giving them ideas is basically a bad idea.

Nato17
23-06-2016, 11:53 PM
This is bad. ATBs are for us to F. We should not let them scam out money. I suggest we revenge for those who kenna scammed by screwing more ATBS

Playing the devil's advocate. What makes you think that the ringleader is a PRC person instead of being a Singaporean? My money is that the ringleader is most likely a Singaporean.

Nato17
23-06-2016, 11:54 PM
l just received tfew days ago, speak mandarin. Calling from dhl, sensing something not right becoz ever deal with dhl speaking in English. So l pretend don't understand and tell the caller to speak in English. He continued to speak but l not.interested so l Justin hang up on him.

Tell them you speak only Hindi. Then they really blur. :)

globalk
24-06-2016, 12:16 AM
all bros, pls tkae note that there are 3 company :

1) DHL
2) DBS
3) some singapore court

all i kena and trolled the same guys the same way.

sadfa
24-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Firstly, I don't think you adding any ideas here is going to help anyone else in the long run, especially with hire whites to record automated messages and hire Malaysians, Indians, etc....

The reason is at least to me, I think the bosses running this scam are most likely Singaporeans and not the PRCs. Otherwise, why would they know so much about banks in SG etc. Someone in SG or has a Singaporean background is probably the ringleader.

Also, I think these people do troll the forums here. And by giving them ideas is basically a bad idea.

With So many Prcs in spore, nt surprising they know abit about spore, the local companies, the practice.

Their bosses unlikely to b sporeans la cos their schemes lack sophistication. They're similar to wads used overseas. Given the number of Prcs involved, its likely a Prc operation. If sporean is boss, they would b hiring other nationalities since a scammers salary would b attractive to other nationalities too.

With my expert consultancy, I can tailor their cons to EXACTLY Wads done in spore n probably attain 300% hit rate.

50k must give value for money ok.

LauFoye
24-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Even if you don't reveal your name, they might already do. It is quite cheap to buy information about us, like the singpass incident. So long they ask about money, can't speak english and speak in mainland Chinese, most likely are scammers.

Simple solution : Don' answer their calls . :)

touristy
24-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Playing the devil's advocate. What makes you think that the ringleader is a PRC person instead of being a Singaporean? My money is that the ringleader is most likely a Singaporean.

I agreed with you.

eaglenest
24-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Simple solution : Don' answer their calls . :)

Can answer calls, but speak in dialect :)

LaserBaby
24-06-2016, 03:50 PM
I receive from DHL. The china lady ask for my name, i give a fake name and told me my stock was detain by shanghai custom. Need to contact to them to reslove the matter. There are also illegial item inside like fake passport and contraband cig all that. I ask the lady, you know who you talking to and you know where is this place. She said no idea, then i ask again, why she call she kept insist my stuff as conficated by shanghai custom. i fuck her and said this is central police station and this is inspector ah kwa specking. She immediately disconnect.

sadfa
24-06-2016, 09:52 PM
I receive from DHL. The china lady ask for my name, i give a fake name and told me my stock was detain by shanghai custom. Need to contact to them to reslove the matter. There are also illegial item inside like fake passport and contraband cig all that. I ask the lady, you know who you talking to and you know where is this place. She said no idea, then i ask again, why she call she kept insist my stuff as conficated by shanghai custom. i fuck her and said this is central police station and this is inspector ah kwa specking. She immediately disconnect.

If they hired me as consultant, they won't just hang up.
Their response will be

'Sir if you're really an inspector then you should know the punishment will be more severe for you. We work closely with inspector leong of contraband division ICA. You may contact him.

We're allowing you to settle the case if you pay us $20k rmb now. If you don't pay, you'll b arrested the minute you step into China. If you don't pay within 3 months, we will forward your details to interpol.

We just arrested two Singaporeans n five Malaysians for similar offences n they're now in laogai.

Once you thought it through n decide to cooperate, you can contact me Ms Zhang from Contraband Unit, Shanghai Postal Services.

Xiaoshi
24-06-2016, 10:09 PM
i almost think it was real.

otamay
24-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Tell them you speak only Hindi. Then they really blur. :)

Since they want to scam you, they should know some basic information about you. l purposely asked them to speak in English as l had dealing with dhl before. Knowing that Singapore working language is English and if the caller cannot reply in English, so exposed itself to be scam.

Rambutan
25-06-2016, 12:05 AM
TS should ask wife to blow him for her stupidity.

Bentaken
25-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Can answer calls, but speak in dialect :)

Speak in dialect best, with some kannina and chowcheebye :D

cqueen
25-06-2016, 01:42 AM
Good morning Samsters,

I want to share with you my incident with this "parcel scammer" for your reading pleasure.

As usual, an automated call in Mandarin informing me to key in zero for follow up action on my "detained parcel".

The same old crap story for more investigative follow up actions by referring me to another senior custom officer after I acknowledged about this "detained parcel" to this first female so called custom officer in China. I was told they found the "detained parcel" to be of suspicious nature and hence the need to clarify with me.

I conversed in Mandarin throughout displaying some level of anxiety and nervousness to give them the impression that I am an easy helpless "prey".

Custom Officer (CO): 你必须到上海来协助我们调查。

Me: 警官,其实我这个货物是打算送给你的,所以送到你那里呀。如果,你用不着,那麻烦你把它送给你 父母亲吧。

CO:送给我?我们做为公关,不可接受礼物。其实,我好奇,是什么货物呀。

Me: 难道你沒打开货物来检查吗?

CO: 没有。我们是不可以乱打开你们的东西。

Me: 反正是送你的,没事,打开来看吧,喜欢你的家人也喜欢。

CO: 那到底是什么东西呢?

Me: 是为你定身而做的棺材呀。希望你和你的家人睡在里面会很舒服。这个棺材是专门给你们这些骗子用 的。

You can imagine the rage in him that he threatened to come over to arrest me in Singapore and have me put away in jail for many years since I have the audacity to insult a high ranking custom officer!

I apologized for angering him and asked stupidly if he was not happy with the coffin? I offered to send a Christian coffin over for his comfort if he is not happy with this wooden Chinese coffin with curved edges and hard surfaces.

Since I had to go out, I decided to cut off the line without waiting to hear his anger screams. Of course, I did not forget to block the number.

One thing for sure. The whole scam was rather professionally carried out. So if you are caught unaware, you might fall prey to it easily.

I hope this incident of mine will create situational awareness and bring some laughter to your face for the weekend.

Cheers.

Shoot To Target
25-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Since they want to scam you, they should know some basic information about you. l purposely asked them to speak in English as l had dealing with dhl before. Knowing that Singapore working language is English and if the caller cannot reply in English, so exposed itself to be scam.

+8 shoots for exchange

Humlea
25-06-2016, 08:31 AM
TS should ask wife to blow him for her stupidity.

Seriously? Is this how you behave in an anonymous website like sbf? Do you want to say this in my face? I can travel, no problem...

Nah... from my short experience in sbf, people that act these way will not meet me in the face... in the end they will start stupid jokes like I'm gays asking for meet up or sammyboss say cannot reveal identity. None of the samster I met be it in sg nor abroad write like this. People that dare to be responsible of what they write dare to meet up in person. Rambutan, are you one of them?

Slowpump
25-06-2016, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't get mad....this is not only anonymous but a crazy old sex site. People do tend to let their hair down a bit.

touristy
25-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Thank you for highlighting scam.

Humlea
25-06-2016, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't get mad....this is not only anonymous but a crazy old sex site. People do tend to let their hair down a bit.

Yeah you're right... there's always the ignore button for me to press. No point getting mad with loser like this. Cheers.

Bugsey
25-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Good morning Samsters,

I want to share with you my incident with this "parcel scammer" for your reading pleasure.

As usual, an automated call in Mandarin informing me to key in zero for follow up action on my "detained parcel".

The same old crap story for more investigative follow up actions by referring me to another senior custom officer after I acknowledged about this "detained parcel" to this first female so called custom officer in China. I was told they found the "detained parcel" to be of suspicious nature and hence the need to clarify with me.

I conversed in Mandarin throughout displaying some level of anxiety and nervousness to give them the impression that I am an easy helpless "prey".

Custom Officer (CO): 你必须到上海来协助我们调查。

Me: 警官,其实我这个货物是打算送给你的,所以送到你那里呀。如果,你用不着,那麻烦你把它送给你 父母亲吧。

CO:送给我?我们做为公关,不可接受礼物。其实,我好奇,是什么货物呀。

Me: 难道你沒打开货物来检查吗?

CO: 没有。我们是不可以乱打开你们的东西。

Me: 反正是送你的,没事,打开来看吧,喜欢你的家人也喜欢。

CO: 那到底是什么东西呢?

Me: 是为你定身而做的棺材呀。希望你和你的家人睡在里面会很舒服。这个棺材是专门给你们这些骗子用 的。

You can imagine the rage in him that he threatened to come over to arrest me in Singapore and have me put away in jail for many years since I have the audacity to insult a high ranking custom officer!

I apologized for angering him and asked stupidly if he was not happy with the coffin? I offered to send a Christian coffin over for his comfort if he is not happy with this wooden Chinese coffin with curved edges and hard surfaces.

Since I had to go out, I decided to cut off the line without waiting to hear his anger screams. Of course, I did not forget to block the number.

One thing for sure. The whole scam was rather professionally carried out. So if you are caught unaware, you might fall prey to it easily.

I hope this incident of mine will create situational awareness and bring some laughter to your face for the weekend.

Cheers.

Hahaha indeed light up my weekend, thanks :D

retsmas
25-06-2016, 04:43 PM
All the numbers i registered all received this dhl call. My hp, my spare hp, even my 2 month old hse num. Also kenna. :eek: not too sure where they got our nums and how come the origin phone nums look legit.

tearybat
25-06-2016, 04:49 PM
All the numbers i registered all received this dhl call. My hp, my spare hp, even my 2 month old hse num. Also kenna. :eek: not too sure where they got our nums and how come the origin phone nums look legit.

Somebody's making $$ by selling our personal info :(

cutecuteboy
25-06-2016, 05:00 PM

Either the professional indian FTs of Singtel IT system screwed up by getting hacked or an entrepreneurial Pinoy got hold of large number of Singtel databases and sold it off.

Doesn't anyone realize this scam seems to be able to reach far much wider Singaporean phone numbers than ever before?

Vertu
25-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Just received a call this morning from +6565598828 claim to be DHL than ask to press 0 ......

than the same old story started .

VanderBear
25-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Just received a call this morning from +6565598828 claim to be DHL than ask to press 0 ......

Did you play with them? :)

diputs1269
26-06-2016, 12:24 AM

If they will to call me, l will play with them saying that I also working in customs.

IceMiloO
26-06-2016, 12:53 AM
If they will to call me, l will play with them saying that I also working in customs.

or CID also can :)

Shoot To Target
26-06-2016, 08:24 AM

8 shoots returned

NuclearScience
26-06-2016, 08:26 AM

Can buy 4D today.

squiggle
26-06-2016, 05:55 PM
I also kena, the moment I heard the China woman saying the word DHL, I straight away put down my phone. After that they never call back again.

You all can choose to ignore or sabo them by making an eletronic police report. These scammers must be stop!

Locomotions
26-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Can buy 4D today.

Never thought about it that way

Mafan
27-06-2016, 11:16 AM
New number +6596855019

Note7
27-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Scammers scammers everywhere

dicky80
27-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Just received a call from DHL too, the new number is +6596236052

Mahrez
27-06-2016, 04:01 PM
I also kena, the moment I heard the China woman saying the word DHL, I straight away put down my phone. After that they never call back again.

You all can choose to ignore or sabo them by making an eletronic police report. These scammers must be stop!

But we are powerless to stop them :mad:

otamay
28-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Looks like they are all out to scam and unstoppable.

tampinesread
28-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Just don't pick up any foreign numbers bros!

whatafish
28-06-2016, 12:03 PM

Might as well don't answer to any phone number that you re not familiar with .

Garbine
28-06-2016, 02:49 PM

Those scammers using local numbers as well

glstunner
28-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Might as well don't answer to any phone number that you re not familiar with .

Better dont ans those number not store in ur phone ;)

sundial
28-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Why sporeans cannot scam back those PRC??

diputs1269
29-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Why sporeans cannot scam back those PRC??

Because we need not scoop so low to do such things.

sadfa
29-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Because we need not scoop so low to do such things.

No la the real reason is becos spore is a fake bs country.
If kenna caught, not only jail n caning, but isa possible.
Last time garbagement cock up n isa Dan tan.
They Release him n lock him up again but never say a word about their cock up.

But don't worry. Prc caught a lot of these scammers liao. Very soon they'll qiang bi a few.

rocket_boy
30-06-2016, 02:26 AM
No la the real reason is becos spore is a fake bs country.
If kenna caught, not only jail n caning, but isa possible.
Last time garbagement cock up n isa Dan tan.
They Release him n lock him up again but never say a word about their cock up.

But don't worry. Prc caught a lot of these scammers liao. Very soon they'll qiang bi a few.

Becos a bloody clone like you always out to destroy our country.

Nowadays all the massage parlours got raided is all becos of you and your fucking clone gang like kuasimi aka skyleon 24/7 365 days condemned our Police force for not working ended up now all start raiding whatever massage parlour is left, fuck you asshole !!! :mad:

This is how the foreign media stir shit ya !!! :mad:

JoDo
19-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Today, I received a call from Singpost. Automated voice message about unclaimed parcel, press "9" in English. I hung up.

singleman
19-08-2016, 10:16 PM
I also recv such call. but they dun claim I hv parcel or not. I recv a call with this number +655144999. when I ans the call, it end up a system generated voice (a Chinese lady voice) and said is calling from police station, claim urgent n wan me report to them, and then suddenly ask me to press 2 to continue. I just hung up the call. then call the number back 3 times.. the phone ringing a while and the line is ended itself.

This time round they are using police to scam ask. wah lao if real police where got use system generated voice de.. they tring to use police to make pple feel panic n then follow wad they ask us to do.

I immediately msg the number to my family members and friends to warn them.

Divine Dragon
20-08-2016, 04:34 PM
When receive such calls best is to ignore them and warn your families and friends.

Durex_69
20-08-2016, 06:49 PM
The moment they speak Mandarin, confirm is scam liao.

If I'm free, I'll "entertain" them.

DHL scam... I gave a fake name & the guy still can "retrieve" my info! What contraband item in parcel held by China custom. I play along say I'm in UK during that period. He carry on say someone use my name and I'm in trouble. I just tell him I'm big business in China and this kinda "small issue" just need a phone call can settle liao. Then asked for his name, employee number and phone number ... yup, he hang up immediately.

SingPost scam... I keep speaking English. He said I selected "Mandarin channel" so he can't speak English. I told him straight in Mandarin that if he is calling on behalf of SingPost and can't speak English, this is surely a scam ... yup, he hang up immediately.

Of course, if not free just hang up.

sadfa
20-08-2016, 07:41 PM
The moment they speak Mandarin, confirm is scam liao.

If I'm free, I'll "entertain" them.

DHL scam... I gave a fake name & the guy still can "retrieve" my info! What contraband item in parcel held by China custom. I play along say I'm in UK during that period. He carry on say someone use my name and I'm in trouble. I just tell him I'm big business in China and this kinda "small issue" just need a phone call can settle liao. Then asked for his name, employee number and phone number ... yup, he hang up immediately.

SingPost scam... I keep speaking English. He said I selected "Mandarin channel" so he can't speak English. I told him straight in Mandarin that if he is calling on behalf of SingPost and can't speak English, this is surely a scam ... yup, he hang up immediately.

Of course, if not free just hang up.

Yep. I said before liao.

No big spore company will speak Chinese or Indian or tagalog.

These stupid prc/roc scammers should hire me as consultant.

Not only will I teach them to use angmohs to use English for their automated calls, ill set up fake websites too. Pay me 100k a month damn worth it.

Bizsta
21-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Speak in dialect best, with some kannina and chowcheebye :DI just tell them my surname is Kan and last name Ni Lau Bu and staying at No 1,Jalan Puki Mak Kau

jacky43
21-08-2016, 10:26 AM
On discusion with people past mths. Actually the scammers had hit a nerve bec this red dot is packed with PRC. We have work pass, PR and new citizens. This people is easy to con bec they believe it.

Of course, another group that is truth locals. This people had people they knew working at overseas. They r worry whenever overseas call in this case, it could be a parcel send by his "daughter".

Another group that is easy target which I cant post it in the WWW. PM me if you are interested.

DiorAddict
21-08-2016, 03:01 PM
I just tell them my surname is Kan and last name Ni Lau Bu and staying at No 1,Jalan Puki Mak Kau

I doubt if they will be able to understand ? :p

newyorker88
22-08-2016, 11:07 AM
These con men keep calling and calling. Yes, as some brothers mention, the working language is english.

PRCs had learn to be smart in con calling, they listen to how you answer first, before opening their mouth. if you say hello? hello? They might not answer u and hang up. If you go "wei? wei?" ( hello in chinese) they will go ahead.

Sometimes, if they open their mouth in PRC chinese accent, I will just answer in Hokkien mixed with bahasa. They will hang up.

Dun have time to entertain them lah. Sometimes I hope they call someone who happen to be a police officer with access to communication checks. trace and Find out where they are and raid them, or catch them. Time to put these people in JAIL. Better to deport them back to CHINA WHERE PRISON ARE MUCH HARSHER.

DreamMaster1985
22-08-2016, 11:22 AM
I did receive such phone calls from them but since I was free that time, I played along with them. Let's just say after I reached to this Shanghai customs, I made a grand drama about asking the guy there to send the parcels to 'our brothers' in Shanghai. And beseech him to quickly send it before the police arrived. I ended the call with a desperatr plea for help, macham like forcefully taken away.