PDA

View Full Version : Chitchat Death sentence that protected an entire generation

Sammyboy RSS Feed
20-06-2016, 02:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Attended Saturday's "Kenna Police how - your due prpcess" rally at Hong Lim organised by 3 entities - Community Action Network (CAN), Function8 and Think Centre. There were about 100 people including Chee and PT. People spoke but none of them actually addressed the topic. The death sentence did come out quite often. Not sure what the 3 entities did in terms of organisation but certainly missed an opportunity to raise some pertinent issues.

Anyway I did wonder how an entire generation may have benefitted from the death sentence. I know that drugs were not freely available and 99% of Singaporeans may not even seen what a straw of heroin looks like. I do remember prior to the introduction of the death sentence, lots of famous personalities, scions of rich families etc ended in DRCs. whole HDB blacks in some housing estate became hot zones etc. Used to see nightclub hostess lying on the pavement completely stoned.

Not sure if these activists know what it was like in the 70s when drugs began entering the country .

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?231605-Death-sentence-that-protected-an-entire-generation&goto=newpost).