PDA

View Full Version : Serious Our Media's Selfless Defence for Alice - What's wrong with Singapore

Sammyboy RSS Feed
07-06-2016, 12:30 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I am very disheartened by the one-sided defence by our local media about Alice's bullying of a handicapped cleaner. A lot of thoughts came into my mind about the country that I live in and the kind of information that journalists want us to receive.

Many Singaporeans are reserved and kind, the world probably stereotypes (true) Singaporeans as more naive and honest. If you want to see evil, check out more out the arrogance of foreigners like Sun Xu and Anton Casey who will probably be expelled in any self-respecting sovereign states.

Our media are always more interested to demonize the public response towards these wrongdoers, rather than providing in-depth analysis of the underlying issues. Eventually the general population is sufficiently brainwashed to feel guilty about voicing unhappiness about something wrong and as a long-term implication, we do not react even when more skeletons bones falls out of the closets.

We start to lack courage because our value-system is flawed. Journalists are fighting our own people and value-system. A country without true patriots and values is doomed.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?230849-Our-Media-s-Selfless-Defence-for-Alice-What-s-wrong-with-Singapore&goto=newpost).