PDA

View Full Version : Why does Lee Wei Ling feud with Brothers and SIL?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
11-04-2016, 03:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My opinion is that this has been going on for some time. But while the Old fart was alive, they bury it among themselves. But now that he is dead, all bets are off and its in the open. LWL has been increasingly marginalized in the last few years prior to Old Fart's death. After the death of the mother Gecko. all the assets that Gecko put in a trust were administered by her brother Lee Hsien Yang. She was not made a co-executor and I don't believe she has a much of a voice in the family fortune.

When Old Fart was in the end stages, he had made known even publicly and I am sure to his daughter LWL (who is a medical doctor after all) that his Advance Directive was Do No Resuscitate. He had made it clear that he does not want to be hooked up to machines and kept alive like a vegetable. He just want to die. But the brother Gay Loong disobeyed this directive and prolong the life of Old fart for political gains to use in the elections. this must have irked LWL to no end, as the dear father's wishes were not respected. That the brother would make the father suffer further by dragging out as long as he can and thus having a poor quality of life, must have really pissed her off as a medical doctor and a daughter.

She herself also went against the spirit of the father's will by continuing to live in Oxley Rise even though the father has clearly said that he wanted the house demolished and the property sold and given to 8 charities. By continuing to live in Oxley, LWL has prevented this from happening (a clause in Old fart's will allows her to do that) and thus 8 charities who could have used the money to immediately benefit thousands of people now have to wait until she moves out. This is an extremely selfish move by her. I understand from some sources that prior to the elections, she was encouraged strongly to move out by Gay Loong, so that the house can be sold. A media campaign was designed to highlight the 8 charities and how much they benefited from this gift. the PAP was planning to use this goodwill from the sale of Oxley for the what they thought would be a hard fought and narrow elections. when LWL refused to move out, Gay Loong was pissed off, further causing a schism in the relationship between the 2 siblings. Gay Loong thought he might win less then 50% of the popular vote and the sale of Oxley and it subsequent charity donation would have ensured him of some popular votes. In the end, he did not need it as he won comfortably, but the flame of discord was further fanned.

Finally this one year death anniversary propaganda self aggrandizement and hero worship was the last straw for her. And the feud blew into the open. Anyway, that's my 2 cents on it.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?228026-Why-does-Lee-Wei-Ling-feud-with-Brothers-and-SIL&goto=newpost).