PDA

View Full Version : 16 disciplined after SGH hepatitis C outbreak

skyleon
18-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Thursday, Mar 17, 2016
AFP

SINGAPORE - Sixteen people have been disciplined in Singapore for a hepatitis C outbreak in the city-state's largest hospital last year that left at least seven patients dead, officials said Thursday.

The Ministry of Health said in a statement four of its staff holding director-level roles were given warnings and financial penalties for failing to step in early to prevent the disease from spreading. It did not say how much the penalties were.

The state-run Singapore General Hospital (SGH) where the outbreak took place said separately it had disciplined 12 senior staff, including those in senior management. Its punishments were similar to those meted out by the ministry.

Last October, the SGH revealed that it had been hit by an outbreak of hepatitis C, a disease usually spread through unsafe injection practices, poor sterilisation of medical equipment and unscreened blood transfusions, according to the WHO.

Between March and August last year, the disease affected 25 patients who had kidney problems and were seeking treatment in the hospital. Eight of the patients died, with seven of the deaths linked to hepatitis C.

- See more at: http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/16-disciplined-after-sgh-hepatitis-c-outbreak#sthash.qbbSTE8Y.dpuf

Finally some action taken .

Craz78
18-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Thursday, Mar 17, 2016
AFP

SINGAPORE - Sixteen people have been disciplined in Singapore for a hepatitis C outbreak in the city-state's largest hospital last year that left at least seven patients dead, officials said Thursday.

The Ministry of Health said in a statement four of its staff holding director-level roles were given warnings and financial penalties for failing to step in early to prevent the disease from spreading. It did not say how much the penalties were.

The state-run Singapore General Hospital (SGH) where the outbreak took place said separately it had disciplined 12 senior staff, including those in senior management. Its punishments were similar to those meted out by the ministry.

Last October, the SGH revealed that it had been hit by an outbreak of hepatitis C, a disease usually spread through unsafe injection practices, poor sterilisation of medical equipment and unscreened blood transfusions, according to the WHO.

Between March and August last year, the disease affected 25 patients who had kidney problems and were seeking treatment in the hospital. Eight of the patients died, with seven of the deaths linked to hepatitis C.

- See more at: http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/16-disciplined-after-sgh-hepatitis-c-outbreak#sthash.qbbSTE8Y.dpuf

So? How is this related to sex?

DJack88
18-03-2016, 02:21 PM

If you cannot relate it to sex, then there's no sex :)

Galakoteh
18-03-2016, 02:55 PM
If you cannot relate it to sex, then there's no sex :)

Very true!!! :D

sadfa
18-03-2016, 09:20 PM

He's obviously waiting for me to reply

rocket_boy
20-03-2016, 01:15 AM
Thursday, Mar 17, 2016
AFP

Hi bro Craz78, the fact of the matter is the the saboteurs and the Opposition parties and the foreign media are here to stir shit, such discussion will eventually point out to you how bad and incapable our PAP govt is and the purpose of starting such a topic is to brainwash you, influence you to vote against your govt and behaved more rebellious towards PAP !!!

Mind you do you know that these clones made used of our youth to commit silly crime, do you know that ???

The Fact is :

Freedom of Speech = Stirring Shit = Increase Readership = Increase Advertising Revenue = Media Company Laughing All the Way to the Bank !!!

Freedom Of Speech = Stirring Shit = Confuse Readers = Split Our Society & Communities Apart = Destabilize Govt = Ruin our Economy = Devalue our Currency = Ruin our Job, Family, Children's Education = Country Collapse !!!

Singapore govt did the right thing, Must Control The Media and not allowing them to Stir Shit !!!

My fellow Singaporean, there is one News site that starts with an alphabet "Y" (you should know which one i'm referring to) !!!

Never visit their News site, they are the one who constantly trying to split our society apart, create hatred among Singaporean and constantly bashed our govt and made all sorts of wild allegations against PAP via their website "Comment Box" !!!

Pls beware, pls help to spread this message around and educate the public to be more vigilant of such irresponsible News sites !!!

Breaking News breaking news :

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...e/2578924.html
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/natio...-social-media/
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...n/2572626.html
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...-graffiti-case

As usual, the clones will continue to push down my postings, pls scroll back few pages or click on my nick to read my past postings.

Singapore a tiny island with No Natural Resources is able to stand tall by itself is NO MEAN FEAT, a lot of sacrifices and hard work had been put into behind the scene, Singaporean should treasure it and stay united.[/COLOR]

FYI these clones will stay within this "Adult Discussions About Sex" which is a Zap Free-Zone, they will NEVER step out of this zone for fear of Mighty Singaporean mass zapping them for stirring shit at our country expense !!! :D

In a nutshell, they are nothing but shitty keyboard warrior !!! :D

Majulah Singapura !!!

ComplainKing
20-03-2016, 05:32 PM
How to ownself check ownself ? :D

Trekers
20-03-2016, 07:47 PM

Elect someone to check, but the someone also same gang? :p

Craz78
20-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Elect someone to check, but the someone also same gang? :p

Actually, we all same gang.... All r Singaporeans...
So how? U want to get some foreigner fuckers like the Aussie TRS bitch to check u? Check what? Whether u will get HIV after she fuck u?

Craz78
20-03-2016, 11:22 PM

U can ask us to check u if u wan?
Do u want us to check if ur money is real or counterfeit? Just transfer to us and then we will check for u?

Stupid enough Lah, u want to show ur stupidity if really u r stupid?

sadfa
20-03-2016, 11:43 PM

So don't need to check Lo.

If you get hep a b c d, they'll say we are so good, you get it here means you'll get it anywhere even top hospitals in Europe.

Thats wad u get in a fcuked up fake country

Craz78
21-03-2016, 01:14 AM

If you get hep a b c d, they'll say we are so good, you get it here means you'll get it anywhere even top hospitals in Europe.

no no....
people like u check, then u check again, then u check again.....

when ppl like u go to deposit ur money to our banks ppl like u will demand u audit the banks even when our banks are well ranked in the world, then u demand to audit the ranking institutions, then u want audit IMF, then u want to audit the auditors who audited these auditors...

so how? do u want to sit on the board to audit these hospitals> first of all, why don't u ask urself... who the fuck r u? what r u and ur qualifications? do u even know what to audit?

in fact, u are just an idiot who keep asking for checks upon checks.... and when such checks are done, idiots like u will say, who's checking the checkers??? tsk tsk.... and people like u think that u r "SMART".... when in front of me, u are just worse than scums.... so stupid ... and still dare to present urself here to make a fool of urselves.... keep living in ur own world then , thinking u r smart does not make one smart.... thank goodness u r in a virtual world... not needing to embarrass ur sorry ass in real life.... u r such a pathetic fool, imagining that u r smart.... lol.... what an idiot...

rocket_boy
21-03-2016, 02:48 AM

no no....
people like u check, then u check again, then u check again.....

when ppl like u go to deposit ur money to our banks ppl like u will demand u audit the banks even when our banks are well ranked in the world, then u demand to audit the ranking institutions, then u want audit IMF, then u want to audit the auditors who audited these auditors...

so how? do u want to sit on the board to audit these hospitals> first of all, why don't u ask urself... who the fuck r u? what r u and ur qualifications? do u even know what to audit?

in fact, u are just an idiot who keep asking for checks upon checks.... and when such checks are done, idiots like u will say, who's checking the checkers??? tsk tsk.... and people like u think that u r "SMART".... when in front of me, u are just worse than scums.... so stupid ... and still dare to present urself here to make a fool of urselves.... keep living in ur own world then , thinking u r smart does not make one smart.... thank goodness u r in a virtual world... not needing to embarrass ur sorry ass in real life.... u r such a pathetic fool, imagining that u r smart.... lol.... what an idiot...

no no no, the right word to use is ppl like the clones, the foreign media, the Social Activist and the no-substance no-solution bickering parties like them like to stir instead of check, then stir again, then stir again, then stir the shit again and again and again :D

their duties are to fabricate stories, spread untrue rumours, confuse readers, split our society apart and destroy our cohesive communities, create online havoc 24/7 via every internet platform and continuously made allegations trying to flame our govt on every issue. :mad:

in addition sabotage Singapore and S'porean by participating in foreign forum(s) criticizing foreign politician(s) as corrupted and inciting foreign citizens to hate S'porean by claiming the criticism is made and written by Singaporean !!! :mad:

FYI these clones will stay within this section "Adult Discussions About Sex" which is a Zap Free-Zone, they will NEVER step out of this zone for fear of Mighty United Singaporean mass zapping them for stirring shit at our country expense !!!

In a nutshell, they are nothing but shitty keyboard warrior !!! :D

Talk so much cock yet no balls to post anything outside this section !!!

skyleon
21-03-2016, 07:23 PM
He's obviously waiting for me to reply

Yap and 1 more person still haven't showed up yet . :p :D

Craz78
21-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Yap and 1 more person still haven't showed up yet . :p :D

And all u losers r always here to show us how pathetic u r....
What is next? Supporting the cheebye's by election campaign?

kt88_2
21-03-2016, 10:15 PM
This SGH case is terrible.garnment still say world class. What punishment? Nobody knows , u see the NS die case , ppl still can get maj rank. This chk is like some bros said here , own ppl chk own ppl or ppl from own gang. My advise to them is 做人不要太过份, the victims are other ppl son n family , if the victims are garment ppl kids or relative, do u think they will say OK , forget it, lets move on, i dont think so.All this same family sure cover each other. I hes4c ppl say Head of the country also make sure sons avoid serving NS, now i know why.

Craz78
21-03-2016, 11:41 PM
This SGH case is terrible.garnment still say world class. What punishment? Nobody knows , u see the NS die case , ppl still can get maj rank. This chk is like some bros said here , own ppl chk own ppl or ppl from own gang. My advise to them is 做人不要太过份, the victims are other ppl son n family , if the victims are garment ppl kids or relative, do u think they will say OK , forget it, lets move on, i dont think so.All this same family sure cover each other. I hes4c ppl say Head of the country also make sure sons avoid serving NS, now i know why.

yes, it is terrible.... the cheebyes selling drugs to our people even when the govt is stamping out drugs.... why still got people selling drugs? the govt says that no soliciting sex, but sammyboy forum still allowed to exist.... why??? why oh why.... what do u think? is it becos... the sammyboss is also the boss of singapore??? did the head of the country's sons not serve NS??? how do u know? u mean that govt managed to clone LHL's sons to serve their NS in their place??? u mean govt made clones.....

wow.... u r so smart to see through all these lies by our govt.... can u share the next toto number? why not, just transfer $$$ to us directly since you are so smart to see through so much lies... dun waste time on working hard liao...

sadfa
22-03-2016, 01:30 AM

Now then u know. A bit too late bo.
It's like ten years later you realise wad they trying to ask you in o levels

rocket_boy
22-03-2016, 02:23 AM

Also my advise to those clones is also 做人不要太过份, stop creating new clones here and stir and stir and brainwash Singaporean, making use of our innocent youth to commit silly crime, looked what happened to those youths who committed graffiti work, who suffered the most ? The youth and the parents suffered the most !!! :mad:

whereas the fucking clones here continue to stir shit via their private blogs, social media, Facebooks, Twitters, Instagrams, Youtubes, Whatsapp, in all types of Internet forums etc............ constantly making a minor issue a mountain out of a molehill, continuously flame our govt by disseminate false info in order to mislead the public how bad and incapable our govt is :mad:

My fellow Singaporean, pls help to spread this message around and educate your friends and your loved one. ;)

Craz78
22-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Now then u know. A bit too late bo.
It's like ten years later you realise wad they trying to ask you in o levels

Yes, it is... Why govt so slow in implementing the same laws online as offline? Nowadays, virtual world is as important as real world... People should not be allowed to use nicks... Must register their nicks to their NRIC so that we know who's who...

It's important so that we know who talks cock and who talks sense.... Else, how does one know?

skyleon
05-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Parliament: Naming individuals rapped over hep C outbreak will not improve patient safety, says Gan Kim Yong

Health Minister Gan Kim Yong speaking to reporters at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) on 6 October 2015.

Health Minister Gan Kim Yong speaking to reporters at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) on 6 October 2015.PHOTO: LIANHE ZAOBAO
PUBLISHEDAPR 4, 2016, 1:09 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Naming the individuals responsible for the hepatitis C outbreak at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) last year will develop a "blame culture" that will not help patients in the long run, Health Minister Gan Kim Yong told Parliament on Monday (April 4).

"Instead of focusing on naming individuals and developing a blame culture in our healthcare institutions, we need to encourage a learning culture to make our hospitals as safe as they should be," he said.

"Revealing the names of the officers and specific sanctions each individual received does not contribute to better care of patients. In deciding what to disclose, we have to bear in mind the longer-term impact on our healthcare system and healthcare workers, and strike a balance."

continue reading here : http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/parliament-naming-individuals-rapped-over-hep-c-outbreak-will-not-improve-patient

sadfa
06-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Parliament: Naming individuals rapped over hep C outbreak will not improve patient safety, says Gan Kim Yong

Health Minister Gan Kim Yong speaking to reporters at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) on 6 October 2015.

Health Minister Gan Kim Yong speaking to reporters at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) on 6 October 2015.PHOTO: LIANHE ZAOBAO
PUBLISHEDAPR 4, 2016, 1:09 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Naming the individuals responsible for the hepatitis C outbreak at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) last year will develop a "blame culture" that will not help patients in the long run, Health Minister Gan Kim Yong told Parliament on Monday (April 4).

"Instead of focusing on naming individuals and developing a blame culture in our healthcare institutions, we need to encourage a learning culture to make our hospitals as safe as they should be," he said.

"Revealing the names of the officers and specific sanctions each individual received does not contribute to better care of patients. In deciding what to disclose, we have to bear in mind the longer-term impact on our healthcare system and healthcare workers, and strike a balance."

continue reading here : http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/parliament-naming-individuals-rapped-over-hep-c-outbreak-will-not-improve-patient

What a fucking joke.
Transparency is just a catch phrase to them.
When it doesn't suit them, there's no need for transparency.

These fuckers cannot be trusted.
They need to state what's the sop, what went wrong, the roles played by the staff, what they did wrong n wads the punishment.

Now the joke is that only those who sue the hospital can find out the details.

grey82
06-04-2016, 06:44 AM

return you 6 points

skyleon
06-04-2016, 07:13 PM
What a fucking joke.
Transparency is just a catch phrase to them.
When it doesn't suit them, there's no need for transparency.

These fuckers cannot be trusted.
They need to state what's the sop, what went wrong, the roles played by the staff, what they did wrong n wads the punishment.

Now the joke is that only those who sue the hospital can find out the details.

What I am also concerned is that they only punished the workers with stern warning and financial penalty . There was no punishment for the management . now is can they sleep peacefully at night when 8 lives were lost and 22 on treatment as a result of the hospital carelessness . Certain people need to be accountability to the families who were affected by this unfortunate incident . I wonder if this is the case of ownself check ownself . People go to hospital to get treated for their illness not to make them worse. I hope the families affected will sue the hospital for all thier worth. If I am sick I would rather go to a private hospital or go to another country to seek treatment.

skyleon
06-04-2016, 07:14 PM
return you 6 points

Thank you for your support. :)

ANowhereMan
06-04-2016, 08:49 PM
The thing I do not get is, for such an unfortunate mistake, why are they still not naming the individuals involved? Shouldn't they be charged for negligence? Where is the transparency and accountability?

Rgds

sadfa
06-04-2016, 09:23 PM
The thing I do not get is, for such an unfortunate mistake, why are they still not naming the individuals involved? Shouldn't they be charged for negligence? Where is the transparency and accountability?

Rgds

You don't understand?

Understand this.
Singapore is a fucked up dictatorship.
What you want matters lesser than wad they think is their best interest.
Not happy, leave or they'll isa you.

And before next elections, they'll threaten you n you'll stupidly still vote for them cos you Think opposition is just as fcuked up

Understand bo?

sadfa
06-04-2016, 10:09 PM
What I am also concerned is that they only punished the workers with stern warning and financial penalty . There was no punishment for the management . now is can they sleep peacefully at night when 8 lives were lost and 22 on treatment as a result of the hospital carelessness . Certain people need to be accountability to the families who were affected by this unfortunate incident . I wonder if this is the case of ownself check ownself . People go to hospital to get treated for their illness not to make them worse. I hope the families affected will sue the hospital for all thier worth. If I am sick I would rather go to a private hospital or go to another country to seek treatment.

Who say got stern warning n financial penalty??

In the real world, a minister who talk such shit, will get fcuked. He will be accused of cover up the truth or deflect blame from himself. Opposition should demand more details to b revealed. If not, there's no Confidence in the system.

Gam lanjiao is basically saying there's a problem, we dealt with it. You don't need to know the details. wtf!

If the same problem come up again, Gam lanjiao isn't saying he will take full responsibility n resign wor.

whiplash
07-04-2016, 08:11 AM
How many of the 16 are Peenoys? Remove the cockroaches from our healthcare institutions. Send them packing.

ANowhereMan
07-04-2016, 10:09 AM
You don't understand?

Understand this.
Singapore is a fucked up dictatorship.
What you want matters lesser than wad they think is their best interest.
Not happy, leave or they'll isa you.

And before next elections, they'll threaten you n you'll stupidly still vote for them cos you Think opposition is just as fcuked up

Understand bo?

friend, these open secret, you cant put these in words unless you have firm affirmation.

Rgds

spluder101
07-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Where in this does it involve Sec or sexy Nurses?????

Casilla
07-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Not too long ago I used to visit hospitals to look at the staff there . Some of them are in fact not bad looking. :) However now scared to go .

Craz78
07-04-2016, 01:32 PM

In the real world, a minister who talk such shit, will get fcuked. He will be accused of cover up the truth or deflect blame from himself. Opposition should demand more details to b revealed. If not, there's no Confidence in the system.

Gam lanjiao is basically saying there's a problem, we dealt with it. You don't need to know the details. wtf!

If the same problem come up again, Gam lanjiao isn't saying he will take full responsibility n resign wor.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/students-death-1178m-fall-ruled-tragic-misadventure
So this young girl died tragically in school becos a friend dared anyone to climb the parapet... She was the one who accepted the challenge and fell to her death.
In ur logic, did the friend who dared them need to be exposed in public?
Is it the school management fault for not teaching the students not to do stupid things?
Is the parents at fault for not teaching their children to not do stupid things?

Ur logic seem to blame the whole fucking group of ppl involved in this unfortunate death.... U good lah, so smart to think of such things... Genius man... Ur parents must be so smart to give birth to such a smart ass of a human being....

skyleon
09-04-2016, 08:37 PM

The point is why only punish the workers ? Management in the hospital and MOH should also be very responsible and accountability to the victims . When worker makes mistake they punish the worker . When management makes mistakes what happens ? The fact is 8 lives were lost in a hospital which could have been avoided .

sadfa
09-04-2016, 09:01 PM
The point is why only punish the workers ? Management in the hospital and MOH should also be very responsible and accountability to the victims . When worker makes mistake they punish the worker . When management makes mistakes what happens ? The fact is 8 lives were lost in a hospital which could have been avoided .

What makes u think management nt 'punished'?
Gam lj already said punished.
R you saying Gam lj is lying?
Sue u till u bankrupt understand.

skyleon
30-06-2017, 09:59 PM
4 National Dental Centre staff disciplined over partially sterilised instruments

Published: 6:35 PM, June 30, 2017

SINGAPORE — Four employees at the National Dental Centre Singapore (NDCS) have been issued warnings and financial penalties following an incident earlier this month where up to 72 patients were treated with instruments that were not fully sterilised.

Human error was identified as the main cause of the incident, Singapore Health Services (SingHealth) said on Friday (June 30), reporting on the results of its investigation.

But procedural weaknesses and a lack of vigilance were also found to have led to a delay in escalating and containing the impact of the initial error in a timely manner.

The four employees, including supervisors and senior management, had “fallen short in their level of vigilance and speed in escalation of incident management”, SingHealth said, adding that it has since started on corrective actions for improvement.

A staff member at the centre’s Central Sterile Supplies Department (CSSD) was behind the original human error on June 5. Instruments — such as probes, mirrors and orthodontic pliers — had gone through machine washing and thermal disinfection, but had not completed the final step of steam sterilisation before they were used for dental treatments at the NDCS’ specialist outpatient clinics on levels 2, 4 and 6.

When the error was discovered by another NDCS staff on the afternoon of June 5, a recovery of the affected instruments was initiated, but not all the affected instruments were retrieved.

The manager of the CSSD was not informed, and became aware of the error only on the morning of June 6, when she noticed that the sterilisation records of one batch of instruments from the previous day were incomplete. Another recall of affected instruments was then initiated.

But the issue was not escalated to the NDCS’ senior management until 4pm on June 6.

The director of the NDCS then immediately activated another round of recalls to ensure that all affected instruments were retrieved. However, 72 packs of instruments had already been used by then.

continue reading here : http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/4-national-dental-centre-staff-disciplined-over-partially-sterilised-instruments