PDA

View Full Version : Tottenham Hotspur - the Pride of London

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

andyk
28-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Ole Ole Ramos to be no.1 but who's going to be no.2 ?....most likely Poyet ?...Really looking forward to Ramos whipping & firing up our team again !...Actually since their 1st secret meeting,the management should made a hard decision to let Jol go...since then both Jol & players have no longer mutual respect for each other...yes,it's a harsh world !...the longer it take the results getting worst each game...so glad all this over !...

Just by reading about Ramos's past reputation & work done,we have finally found someone that can match up to the big 4 bosses especially tactics wise...We need someone who can out wit them !...

We probably expect some new signings in the Jan window...and may let some go...so exciting days ahead !

Many thanks JOL & wishing you the very best !!!

lungless
28-10-2007, 12:34 PM
LATEST NEWS

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR APPOINTS NEW HEAD COACH

The Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Juande Ramos as Head Coach. The contract period runs until the end of the 2010/11 season.

The 53-year-old joins us from Spanish side Sevilla, where he has been the club's most successful manager, lifting back-to-back UEFA Cups, a European Super Cup, a Copa del Rey and a Spanish Super Cup, as well as guiding the Club into the Champions League for the first time in its history.

Sporting Director Damien Comolli said: “Juande’s arrival is great news for Tottenham Hotspur. He brings with him a wealth of experience, a proven track record and a winning pedigree. Now is the time for us to regroup and look to deliver the results and performances that everyone associated with the Club wants to see.

“By making the appointment at this stage of the season, with our current, talented group of players, we have given ourselves the opportunity to compete well in all four competitions.

"Juande is a highly respected coach and his agreement to join us is excellent news. I know he is eager to get started.”

Commenting on his appointment, Juande Ramos said: "I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work as Head Coach at Tottenham Hotspur, a club with a great tradition and history. Ever since I started my coaching career I have wanted to work in England. It is my sincere hope that I can repay the faith the Spurs Board has shown in me.

"I am looking forward to meeting the players; it is a squad any coach would be excited to work with . I genuinely believe that there is the potential to achieve great things together.

"I was hugely impressed with the Spurs fans both home and away when Sevilla played Spurs last season and it will be a privilege to be the coach of this club with the huge support it enjoys both at White Hart Lane and throughout the world."

Marcos Alvarez also joins the Club's coaching staff. Alvarez worked with Ramos's coaching team at Sevilla. The 36-year-old's association with the Andalusia club began in the 2005/06 season, having previously held coaching roles at Elche and Malaga.

We have requested permission from Leeds United to speak to Gus Poyet in order to invite him to join the Club to work with Ramos alongside Alvarez.

Juande Ramos and Marcos Alvarez will take the team for Wednesday night's fixture against Blackpool in the Carling Cup 4th Round. They will be guests of the Chairman and the Board for Sunday's League game against Blackburn Rovers.

*To be honest, im very upset in the way the board handles the Jol episode and till the end of Jol tenure, they showed that they lacked class! - Refering to Jol sacking just before the Getafe game...why cannot even wait till after the game?!!

Anyway, welcome Ramos to the family and hope that he can bring Spurs up to another level...although not immediately. Hope this time the Board and Fans will give him more time and Support!!

no_faith
28-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Removal of Jol teaches us one thing to our working life.

Whatever good results that you had achieved yesterday will not be counted if your current form is below expectation.it is so true in real life, everything.
you can make thousands of gd contributions but one mistake will make all contributions erased.

hope to see more of defoe than the lazy bent and also sulking berbatov.
attacking football by Juande Ramos.:)

ANDYSIAO14
29-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Late late goal as Spurs beaten 1-2....

no_faith
29-10-2007, 12:08 PM
ok, i saw the match. Spurs is playing better than the past matches.
sumhow, they are motivated. even they are motivated still they are undone by their defence.

Rumours saying Ramos going to raid Sevilla for Kanoute and Alves?

ANDYSIAO14
29-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Rumours saying Ramos going to raid Sevilla for Kanoute and Alves?

both players are really good.......worth buying... :)

andyk
29-10-2007, 12:58 PM
both players are really good.......worth buying... :)

Hey Bro,

Last nite game you could see several players trying very hard to impress Ramos or trying to avoid being kick out of the 1st team...also glad to see Jenas & Taino out...think JOL had certain favourite players !...

Actually i would liked to see how Ramos managed the current team instead of blowing the 40mil in Jan on bringing over his ex-stars at "inflated prices"....think he can "inject some confidence into our star players"...of course left sider & full back & goalkeeper can be considered for Jan window...

Spurs have this "bad habit" of losing their focus in the dying mins to let in goals ! think our opponents studied us so well our weakness !

My gut feel is Ramos will "whipped up" the team & perform much better from now on...but my only concern is if he can't speak good english then how he's going to manage several key players ! Anyway will LEVY figure this out !....

no_faith
29-10-2007, 02:31 PM
vs blackpool. we will see the axe falls on whose head by Ramos.

andyk
29-10-2007, 07:19 PM
vs blackpool. we will see the axe falls on whose head by Ramos.

Actually i thought yesterday's team starting line up was our best line up & we should play & drilled them together till they understand each other as much as possible...actually so far i'm disappointed with BENT...maybe he got too swell headed after we paid so much for him !.....

But i agreed with that it'll be interesting to watch who will be axed in the Jan window !.....

My gut feel our Spurs star players will play even better with such a reputable coach & have lots of confidence...and it's our defence that really concerns me most !....all of them are playing liked strangers !....

andyk
30-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Read Ramos started work & whipping up those slackers by having 2 training session a day since we keep letting in goals in the dying mins...

Sometimes we looked very impressive attacking but with especially stray passing may have actually caused our players run out of steam...so Ramos is certainly knows his stuffs...

My wish list is that Ramos get our Spurs to play flowing game & sharpen up our attack & toughen up our defence !!!...

And all this talk about Ramos bringing his ex-players from Sevelle,I really don't think it'll happened at all ! Especially not at inflated prices ! Think his plan will be "bring out the best in the current team"....

What do you guys think ?

putrawk
30-10-2007, 03:20 PM
R
And all this talk about Ramos bringing his ex-players from Sevelle,I really don't think it'll happened at all ! Especially not at inflated prices !
What do you guys think ?

Well, Levy and Enic have pumped in 40 mil plus for January to buy players. Alves has a clause that says he can leave for 23mil pounds, which i think are rather steep. But if we sign him, it would be great as he is a worldclass fullback. Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid were once linked so he must be really good then. He is an attacking fullback who could play in the left or on the right. he could also play as a centre back which might come in handy for us as we have dodgy back ups in Anthony Gardner and Ricardo Rocha. But I think Sevilla will be reluctant to sell him unless thy get the get-out clause money. Maybe we could off load some players that are considered as dead wood namely the two that i just mentioned (i mil for Gardner and 1.5mil for rocha), Paul Stalteri (500k), Lee YP (2Mil), Ghaly (yes, he is still on our payroll 2mil), Tainio (2mil), Jenas (4-6mil), Routledge (2.5m) and Cerny (Free).

And it has been reported that Ramos wants to bring in Palop (GK ) and Kanoute. Palop would be a good buy. Almost as the same level as Robinson but with more consistency and presence. While Kanoute, I dunno man. I reckon his style is more suited for the La Liga, thats why he has been banging in goals for them.

And the great Gus Poyet have returned! he and Ramos whould make the players pee in their pants if they make mistakes. The duo is the total opposite of the jol-hughton partnership, which are more relaxed whereas ramos looks like the Wenger kind, cool but sometimes can be fiery while Poyet...well we all know Poyet....

andyk
31-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Bro,

Thanks for sharing & discussing your views on Ramos future purchase on players & existing players !

Probably Ramos plans is to do a real shake up & those that really turn out to JOL flops will kick out in the Jan window...and then it'll be much better if we bring some new discoveries instead of his ex-players at "inflated prices" & worst after paying so much then they have injuries,etc !.....

And Ramos will focus on the "weak areas" liked left sided & full back & goalkeeper !....and probably central midfield or a playmaker will be great !

In case in the Jan window, we have only 40mil,then who do you guys we should buy ???

ANDYSIAO14
01-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Ramos starts with a win

Tottenham started the Juande Ramos era by reaching the Carling Cup quarter-finals at the expense of Blackpool - but the new boss was shown how tough his new job will be despite the 2-0 win.

On the face of it they are two matches from Wembley, although their opponents from the Championship caused trouble for Spurs' defence at times, setting off the panic that has undermined their season.

It took Robbie Keane's opener in the 18th minute to settle the nerves of the home fans - Ramos maintained his `granite mask' and merely pointed to Paul Robinson who had helped create the goal.

The Spaniard punched the air when Pascal Chimbonda added a second in the second half after Blackpool had hit the bar, and they would have been level but for Robinson's agility in goal for Spurs.

The rest of the time Ramos gestured as his side lost the ball cheaply and struggled to play their way out of trouble against a side that was playing in League One last season.

Tougher times await for Ramos, starting with the trip to Middlesbrough on Saturday when Spurs look to climb out of the bottom three of the Premier League. Their aim, of course, is to reach the Champions League, not to set up a rematch with the Seasiders next season.

Ramos picked a full-strength team to have a proper look at what he has on his hands, and it took less than a minute for him to start stalking his technical area, pointing instruction to a defence that looked short on confidence.

Blackpool, 20th in their division, sensed their opportunity and started with pace, and only Younes Kaboul's block prevented Robinson being called into action after Keigan Parker was sent down the right channel.

Parker then set up a great chance after Keane lost the ball in midfield, only for David Fox to fire into the sidenetting.

Keane has been the only player full of confidence during Spurs' dismal start the season, and it was no surprise that it was the Republic of Ireland striker who opened the scoring, his 24th in his last 31 games.

For all the talk of Ramos bringing stylish football with him from Sevilla, the first goal of his time at White Hart Lane was route-one.

Keane clipped over goalkeeper Paul Rachubka from Dimitar Berbatov's flick-on. Ramos barely flinched, merely pointing at Robinson, whose long punt had set up the opener.

Keane had scored the first goal of the Martin Jol era three years ago and he did the same for Ramos, although his team-mates did not immediately capitalise on the breakthrough.

Spurs were restricted to long-range efforts before the break, then Blackpool started the second half looking to rattle the hosts.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher smacked the crossbar with a header from Parker's cross within two minutes of the restart.

Keane should have added a second when he raced through and chipped wide and he was nearly made to rue his miss as Robinson somehow flung himself to keep out Taylor-Fletcher's next effort, which was headed for the top corner.

Robinson was also guilty of a fumble and poor kicking, suggesting his jitters from earlier in the season have not entirely disappeared.

Just as the visitors were gaining momentum, Chimbonda headed in Spurs' second.

Steed Malbranque's corner found the full-back unmarked at the far post and the France international thudded home his header.

Jermain Defoe came on for Keane after the hour mark and almost scored with his first touch, only for Rachubka to tip over the crossbar.

Ramos also looked at Darren Bent off the bench as well as Teemu Tainio at right-back after taking off Kaboul, suggesting there will be changes before long.

At least Spurs have the winning feeling again after six games without victory prior to the clash.

Juande Ramos admitted there was plenty of room for improvement throughout the squad after marking his first game in charge of Tottenham with an unconvincing Carling Cup victory over Blackpool.

'I would say the team needs to improve in all areas, in attack and defence, but this is a team of great professionals and I hope it will improve quickly,'' Ramos said.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher smacked the crossbar with a header in the second half and also forced a fine save from Paul Robinson.

Ramos still saw enough to give him encouragement ahead of the clash against Middlesbrough on Saturday when Spurs will look to climb out of the bottom three of the Premier League.

'The most important thing was the victory,'' the Spaniard added. 'The team's played well generally, they had spells of good football. We have to look forward to the next round.

'On the positive side they've shown great willingness to play and fought very hard, physically it was very hard because it was three days since the last game. The negative side was the chances Blackpool had.''

Younes Kaboul was guilty of mistakes at the back and may have been punished against tougher opposition than a side 20th in the Coca-Cola Championship.

The young French centre-back did not even acknowledge Ramos when he was taken off in the second half. Dimitar Berbatov also came off but did not give his manager a warm greeting, while Keane embraced the new man.

Ramos explained that Kaboul's substitution was a precaution.

'The change was simply because Kaboul had a yellow card - Chimbonda can play at centre-back,'' Ramos said.

Ramos' first win means he is now two ties from Wembley but admitted the need for victory forced him to pick his strongest team.

'It was very important to get the victory, to calm the team down a bit,'' he said. 'To get a result tonight was vital.''

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson was introduced to Ramos before the game as his side were staying in the same Waltham Abbey hotel.

'Full credit for him that he came to speak to me at the hotel,'' said Grayson. 'His English was fine but he didn't say he had a big fry-up or anything.''

Grayson felt his side missed their opportunities at key times of the game.

'We had opportunities to get in front or to get back in the game,'' he added. 'But we didn't take them. We gave a good account of ourselves but they took their chances.' -soccernet

Castrol
01-11-2007, 04:02 PM
[CENTER]Ramos starts with a win

Tottenham started the Juande Ramos era by reaching the Carling Cup quarter-finals at the expense of Blackpool - but the new boss was shown how tough his new job will be despite the 2-0 win.

yo ramos, great start! now go get riquelme and give robbie keane a bungalow and a payrise! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7383940_7_1.jpg
Chairman of Tottenham Hotspur, Daniel Levy (left), talks with the new Spurs manager Juande Ramos during the Priemier League match against Blackburn Rovers at White Hart Lane on October 28, 2007 in London, England.

no_faith
01-11-2007, 04:27 PM
give robbie keane a bungalow and a payrise!
this i agreed too. he really commited as u can see on the pitch.
nvr kp here and there. even the team is losing, he is the captain and do not show any negative attitude to the game. a great captain to lead the team.

Castrol
02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
this i agreed too. he really commited as u can see on the pitch.
nvr kp here and there. even the team is losing, he is the captain and do not show any negative attitude to the game. a great captain to lead the team.

robbie keane is the finest striker in the epl now. no disagreement please, beer on me ok? :D

come to think about it, the way berbatov moved and scored (last season), he is very similar to the suave steve archibald. graceful touches and finishings.

andyk
04-11-2007, 12:15 PM
You guys noticed there was much more commitment from the players yesterday's game ! And it was too bad that we only managed a draw & point !

There was still much work needed by Ramos but it was really good to see our Spurs in action last nite !

Looking forward to our future games !!!...........

Castrol
05-11-2007, 11:28 AM
boro 1 spurs 1

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7405484_7_1.jpg
Darren Bent of Tottenham Hotspur turns to celebrate after scoring the opening goal during the Barclays Premier League match between Middlesbrough and Tottenham Hotspur at the Riverside Stadium in Middlesbrough, England.

due to old age, i only watched the first half before my eyes had to close for the night. i'm wasnt surprised with the draw becos spurs was losing possessions cheaply and fire fighting for long periods in the 1st half. is it ramos' style or are the players not aware of their primary roles anymore?

chairman putrawk, whats your take on the match? :D

andyk
05-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Another important note it was the speed last sat's game,Ramos used both Defoe & Bent with Lennon attacking ! It was good to finally check out who's Prince Boateng...thought he was quite impressive too !

But i'm concerned that if all the news about Berbatov is true that he's quitting Spurs !....It was a curse especially when Manure Utd - Ferguson wanted him last season...maybe we should have sold for a "big profit"...he's really playing badly this season ! Think every opponent studied his style & knows ahead how to deal with him !...Also he may have "lost his confidence & hunger for goals so far !".....

Will be interesting & exciting days how Ramos will transform our team from the bottom & other Cup competitions !

andyk
07-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey Spurs Bros !

Recent internet news about BERBA is not good for him & our team !

He's already playing badly this season & then wants to stalled signing new contract...and news that his demands are if we don't finished top 4 then he's gone !....and then now his Dad is saying that he wants out !.....

These football reporters are really "vicious" and worst was after Ferguson wanted him in his Manure Utd ! This sly old fox is great at playing "mind games"....

Actually i liked watching both Bent & Defore & Lennon attacking non-stop last sat's game rather then "wait & wait for Berba to waltz around & hope for the best game these days !"...

If BERBA continues to perform & sulk then we best let him go in Jan & get a new striker !!! What do you guys think ?

Castrol
07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
He's already playing badly this season & then wants to stalled signing new contract...and news that his demands are if we don't finished top 4 then he's gone !....and then now his Dad is saying that he wants out !.....

hope these reports are not true, too many drama mama players in epl these days. anyway whenever a new manager comes on board, many players will come and go. i only hope keane, defoe, lennon and zokora will stay on. :D

andyk
07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
hope these reports are not true, too many drama mama players in epl these days. anyway whenever a new manager comes on board, many players will come and go. i only hope keane, defoe, lennon and zokora will stay on. :D

We don't need all these kinda of "negative news about Berba so if he & Dad wants to be in the news for the wrong reasons,then he should have gone in the summer for a record profit ! and if he still wants to go in Jan,we will only sell high or else play in our reserve team & rot !".....

Do you really liked Zokora ? He was hyped up before we brought him but i think he's not suited for the EPL,he keep losing the ball or falling down or can't really pass liked Carrick - splitting the defence ! So not the kinda of play maker we wanted !....anyway liked to hear your view for better understanding !

andyk
08-11-2007, 11:22 AM
BERBA CAN GO TO MANURE UTD....

According to various news Ramos told him that he leave if he's unhappy ! Probably Jol will not be so decisive...that's why we had a poor start - unhappy manager & players !...

Next Huddlestone told to lose weight or lose his 1st team selection...All these is important pointers to whip our team to good shape !...

andyk
08-11-2007, 03:12 PM
BERBA SPEAKS OUT - Spurs Website....

Finally Berba have denied whatever reports that his Dad have mentioned that he want out !....He love the club & fans & only unhappy because we are having a bad start & only wants to focus on his football !....

Really glad that he have speak out instead of letting all news getting out of hand ! these vicious bastards writing all this rubbish to get more readers !.....

RAMS should be looking for a big win over Hapoel Tel-Aviv,then follow up with another win over Wigan this weekend & that will boost our team confidence sky high !.....Come On You Spurs !

andyk
08-11-2007, 03:13 PM
BERBA SPEAKS OUT - Spurs Website....

Finally Berba have denied whatever reports that his Dad have mentioned that he want out !....He love the club & fans & only unhappy because we are having a bad start & only wants to focus on his football !....

Really glad that he have speak out instead of letting all news getting out of hand ! these vicious bastards writing all this rubbish to get more readers !.....

RAMS should be looking for a big win over Hapoel Tel-Aviv,then follow up with another win over Wigan this weekend & that will boost our team confidence sky high !.....Come On You Spurs !

Sorry Guys - it's RAMOS and not RAMS....

andyk
09-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Even though we won 2-0 last nite,it's still "non-stop" news about BERBA,just don't understand why these reporters can't leave our players or SPURS alone & let us focus & build up our confidence !

Next game vs Wigan - these will be another "much needed must win game at home" to build our confidence further !...it'll be great to see certain players bring their game to the next level,then it'll be great times ahead !

sinfulguy
09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
robbie keane's strike was swee swee man!!!!

Castrol
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
We don't need all these kinda of "negative news about Berba so if he & Dad wants to be in the news for the wrong reasons,then he should have gone in the summer for a record profit ! and if he still wants to go in Jan,we will only sell high or else play in our reserve team & rot !".....

Do you really liked Zokora ? He was hyped up before we brought him but i think he's not suited for the EPL,he keep losing the ball or falling down or can't really pass liked Carrick - splitting the defence ! So not the kinda of play maker we wanted !....anyway liked to hear your view for better understanding !

based on his current form, i dont think there will be high offers for berbatov just yet.

zokora is a player who can still improve tremendously. his tireless running makes up for his lack of passing vision. you see him in the thick of nearly every midfield clash, a traditional midfield general if you will. thats the only thing i like about him now really, he's not taking long shots either. :D

Himerus
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
well done, Spurs...
it seems that the change of manager really can make wonder at a club.
expect a bit of clear-out during the January 2008 Transfer Window...

Soul_Reaper
10-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Tottenham 2 Wigan 0 (Bent)

Cum_Luver
10-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Tottenham 3 Wigan 0 (Berbatov)

Tottenham to continue their winning form under Ramos.

andyk
10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Ramos is doing a great job in playing down any high expectation of a "must win game" by telling everyone that out team is still low in confidence....but at the same time if we don't win,then we miss a good chance of climbing mid table...and going to Europe thru' the league....

It's really great to have Boss that can boost the low morale of our Spurs team !

Wigan may put up a strong fight at the start so if Spurs can start scoring early & not leave it to 2nd half and let them play for a draw & later KO us at dying mins liked in the past...( still suffering from JOL era.... )

But knowing Ramos,he definitely will not let this happen in this crucial home game....brrrrrr...actually quite nerve wreaking !....so let's go for 3 - 1....

Dayview2004
10-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Tottenham 2 Wigan 1

andyk
11-11-2007, 02:40 PM
More "rubbish internet news about BERBA" - now they get his mum involved that BERBA is staying at Spurs ! Can't they just leave him alone to focus on scoring liked KEANE.......

Good to read that RAMOS is linked with various players signing to "shake out" certain exiting star players liked Robinson & our defence....and of course BERBA....

Looking forward to tonite's game on Ch.21....Come On You Spurs !!!!

Cum_Luver
11-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Spurs leading Wigan by 3-0, half-time...Jermaine Jenasx2. Julian Lennonx1
look like Ramos is going to get his first home's win...

Castrol
12-11-2007, 09:26 AM
spurs 4 wigan 0
jenas (2), lennon, bent.

yesterday the sunday times say spurs match live on ch21 at 10.55pm, nnkc ended up they show man utd vs blackburn instead. spore pools was giving 1.33 for a spurs win and 2.0 to give 1.5balls. as i was considering and counting my beer money, it dropped to 1.95 from 2.0, so faster buy lo... but bet $50 nia. :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7434036_7_1.jpg
Jermaine Jenas of Tottenham is congratulated by teammate Chimbonda after scoring against Wigan Athletic. Jenas scored twice in the game.

beware! tottenham is getting their spurs back!

andyk
12-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Yo Bro,we got "played out" by the ST on our live game vs Wigan !

Yahooooooo ! We won at home at last ! And up,up & away the table ! Really made my morning when i saw the scoreline !...Guessed we were also lucky that Wigan is currently in a mess ! But we need all these sort of games to build up our team confidence against stronger teams !.....

Ramos is happy so are the team & supporters,let's keep it going !!!

It was really too bad that Berba didn't score,it would have been great !.....

andyk
12-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey Spurs Bros,

Can i just check if any of you guys are members & hang out at our local SPURS Fan Club ? Read in the New Paper that it's at some place at Far East ?

If you are,please let me know more !

Many thanks !
Andyk

ANDYSIAO14
12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
spurs 4 wigan 0
jenas (2), lennon, bent.

spore pools was giving 1.33 for a spurs win and 2.0 to give 1.5balls. as i was considering and counting my beer money, it dropped to 1.95 from 2.0, so faster buy lo... but bet $50 nia. :D

$50 ok already...
sum of us bet more than $50 ($200-500-1000)
also kana bite dust... gone were the days when jol made betters poorer (fingers crossing now):D....

andyk
12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
After the these football writers targetted BERBA to quit SPURS recent weeks,they are now have a new "whipping boy - CHIMBO"...that he have requested his agents to look for new employers !......He was actually not playing his best form at the start of the this season...But i think after he wanted to play so much for SPURS & now with RAMOS on board,there are exciting times ahead so any players who wants to quit,then they should do that asap in Jan window so that RAMOS can shape up the best players in team to challenge all the cup competitions & league top 4 too !.....

Castrol
13-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Hey Spurs Bros,

Can i just check if any of you guys are members & hang out at our local SPURS Fan Club ? Read in the New Paper that it's at some place at Far East ?

If you are,please let me know more !

Many thanks !
Andyk

i know the former spurs pub was near beach road called sports ballz or something. nice chaps there but i didnt join the club becos must pay annual fee hor. now i think its closed and i am not sure where the new pub is.

$50 ok already...
sum of us bet more than $50 ($200-500-1000)
also kana bite dust... gone were the days when jol made betters poorer (fingers crossing now):D....

wow bet so big ah? lidat bet on real madrid safer. :D

andyk
13-11-2007, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Castrol;2389947]i know the former spurs pub was near beach road called sports ballz or something. nice chaps there but i didnt join the club becos must pay annual fee hor. now i think its closed and i am not sure where the new pub is.

Thanks for yr reply,Bro !....Dun laugh ok so far i usually watch most games at the comfort of my bedroom so i have never experience watching it in a pub or bar with Spurs buddies before...maybe all wear Spurs wear,etc....

Yup,it can be quite "lonely" when your team score & nobody to celebrate with...:D and then your team played badly no one to complain to...because my galfren...maybe asleep already !...

How about you ? You too ?....anyway since you are true Spurs supporter & threadstarter,if there's a chance will invite you to my club to watch Spurs game together ! Of course if the timing is good for us !!!

ps.no annual fee,my treat ! Cheers ! ;)

Castrol
13-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks for yr reply,Bro !....Dun laugh ok so far i usually watch most games at the comfort of my bedroom so i have never experience watching it in a pub or bar with Spurs buddies before...maybe all wear Spurs wear,etc....

Yup,it can be quite "lonely" when your team score & nobody to celebrate with... and then your team played badly no one to complain to...because my galfren...maybe asleep already !...

How about you ? You too ?....anyway since you are true Spurs supporter & threadstarter,if there's a chance will invite you to my club to watch Spurs game together ! Of course if the timing is good for us !!!

ps.no annual fee,my treat ! Cheers ! ;)

watching a soccer match with some buddies and beer in a pub or beer garden is always a good enjoyment during the weekend. dont watch the game with girlfriend or wife, they will only irritate you. but pub chicks is another thing.

you're right, i'm a true white spurs supporter. bro your club is what club? if you pay for the drinks, i'll pay for chicken nuggets ok. lets toast to the lily whites! :D

andyk
13-11-2007, 07:50 PM
watching a soccer match with some buddies and beer in a pub or beer garden is always a good enjoyment during the weekend. dont watch the game with girlfriend or wife, they will only irritate you. but pub chicks is another thing.

you're right, i'm a true white spurs supporter. bro your club is what club? if you pay for the drinks, i'll pay for chicken nuggets ok. lets toast to the lily whites! :D

No wories,bro ! since we are both true Spurs supporters,if it's perfect timing that my club's bar having our Spurs game live,i treat you both drinks & snacks too ! It'll be my pleasure to meet you !!!....since it'll be the 1st time i'm hosting you ! :D

But only thing these days "drunk driving is so damn serious !" already 3 of my buddies lost & got back their driving i/c.....but next time it's jail for them !

Anyway let's keep in touch on this ok ! Cheers & Come On You Spurs !

putrawk
14-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Once again, I am baaack. Been travelling a lot lately. My latest trip was a vacation with the family to Brisbane and Gold Coast. Not much coverage on EPL there except the ones which involved Aussie players like Newcastle (Viduka), Boro (Schwarz), Kops (Kewell), Blackburn (Emerton) and West Ham (Lucas Neil). So that means I have yet to watch a full Spurs match under Ramos. But now I am back in KL, I look forward to watch the next game against WH, but I have to wait another week as this will be a Euro football week. sigh...

andyk
14-11-2007, 04:41 PM
These days just non-stop news targetting BERBA !...Now it's CARRICK's turn to play more "mind games" probably his boss FERGIE instructed him to do this !....

Think all this "mind games" can affect the players so if in future they want to pay double or high transfer fees,then we just take profit & let the player go...instead of him mentally affected if he had gone or not !.....So we had to get rid of CARRICK & anyway he wanted to leave us so anyway RAMOS already told BERBA,if you want to leave,then leave asap !....

Looking forward to sunday's game against West Ham,think it'll be a "tricky game"...as we dun want our guys to be "over confidence after our last win !....

What do you guys think ?

putrawk
15-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Looking forward to sunday's game against West Ham,think it'll be a "tricky game"...as we dun want our guys to be "over confidence after our last win !....

What do you guys think ?

I dun think we will be overly confident after that wigan game. Mind you we only managed to beat the 2 worst teams in the EPL so far this season apart from Blackpool and in the UEFA Cup. I think WH away will test the player's ability to work as a unit. Player by player, I think we have one of the best individuals in the EPL along side Manyoo, Kops, ARSE anal and Cheslea. And we are currently third in the goals for chart which is not bad. ANd Juande Ramos have rectified the defence and Robbo looked like he has regained his confidence. But WH is no easy meat. They are on a roll. Too bad Bowyer had to miss this match but they do have reliable replacements which is rather bad news for us. But if we keep our heads together, I reckon we could steal a point at Upton Park.

andyk
15-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I dun think we will be overly confident after that wigan game. Mind you we only managed to beat the 2 worst teams in the EPL so far this season apart from Blackpool and in the UEFA Cup. I think WH away will test the player's ability to work as a unit. Player by player, I think we have one of the best individuals in the EPL along side Manyoo, Kops, ARSE anal and Cheslea. And we are currently third in the goals for chart which is not bad. ANd Juande Ramos have rectified the defence and Robbo looked like he has regained his confidence. But WH is no easy meat. They are on a roll. Too bad Bowyer had to miss this match but they do have reliable replacements which is rather bad news for us. But if we keep our heads together, I reckon we could steal a point at Upton Park.

Bro,
We needed to "easier games to re-build our confidence & Ramos start in Spurs" so it was gd timing for us !"...We of course,have to keep the momentum going & every faces in Spurs team is smiling again !....Agreed it wun be easy game,we will win it - 2 - 1.....

Latest news,Ramos wants CARRICK in Jan window,i really liked this "mindgames" as yesterday Carrick wants BERBA in Manure Utd....How can we signed him since his "heart" is not with us !...and there's lots more cup happenings there this season !....so no way back for him !...

qbdp
15-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Ok,hope we can play better next game with Everton...we need all the points before playing MANURE !.....

We need the wing play liked MANURE or CHESKI...or we can't feed BERBA & KEANE or BENT for the goals !!!

Think we have to prepare for a "very rough ride" especially with MANURE & POOLS games soon !

and we already paid high for BENT ! ( think we had no choice as he was probably BERBA's replacement if he had agreed to join MANURE !

But i'm concerned that if all the news about Berbatov is true that he's quitting Spurs !....It was a curse especially when Manure Utd - Ferguson wanted him last season...

These football reporters are really "vicious" and worst was after Ferguson wanted him in his Manure Utd ! This sly old fox is great at playing "mind games"....

BERBA CAN GO TO MANURE UTD....

Latest news,Ramos wants CARRICK in Jan window,i really liked this "mindgames" as yesterday Carrick wants BERBA in Manure Utd....

If it's not for classy Spurs fans like bros Castrol, Putrawk and Lungless posts I'd thought I clicked the wrong thread.

andyk
16-11-2007, 01:00 PM
More "guessing game on which player we selling & buying" hotting up !....and how RAMOS will be spending the 40mil in the JAN window !.....And please dun use it to buy CARRICK if possible !...even though we need a play maker,"beef up our defence & left sided weakness !.....

My wish list for RAMOS to introduce "new talented discoveries & not already over rated players that we have to pay sky high prices !".....

ps.to the MANURE UTD fan ( sori i din take note yr nic,din mean to be impolite ! ),btw thks for the pointers on being a "classes Spurs fan"...and also thks for reading & highlighting my past postings here ! It's ok & all in good competitive fun !....currently we may not be playing as well or high flying as your team as we are currently re-building our confidence !...so it'll be a interesting game when play again,it'll be RAMOS vs FERGIE tactics !

andyk
16-11-2007, 01:17 PM
If it's not for classy Spurs fans like bros Castrol, Putrawk and Lungless posts I'd thought I clicked the wrong thread.

Even their MANURE UTD fan in SBF liked to play "mind games" ! :D

putrawk
16-11-2007, 02:51 PM

As for me, I always respect other fans from other teams. Even my friend in the UK is a die hard arsenal fan. Yeah, competition can be tight or even worse can boil up, but to think of it, football is just a game, some would agree that football is a religion. But for me, we are all the same....skin type, religious belief, interests or even your fav footy team. I would categorize myself as a beliver of the GREY race....not red, not white nor blue...but grey. So it doestn bother me if ure a Manyoo, Kops, ARSE anal or even Selangor or Tanjung Pagar or Geylang fan in the Spurs thread. Just think of it that though we are different, we do have two things in common...we love football and love banging girls...:)

putrawk
16-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Just read a Spurs Gossip newsletter that came in. It seems that Juande Ramos is eyeing Iker Casilas. He is one of my fav goalies and I would welcome him if the rumour is true. But it doesnt stop there...Ramos are willing to pay Real 28.5mil Pounds for the man. Now thats pricey. No doubt that Casilas is perhaps one of the top 5 goalies in the world right now (others being Petr Cech, Buffon, Coupe, van Der Saar) but 28.5 mil? Now thats hefty.

andyk
16-11-2007, 07:18 PM
As for me, I always respect other fans from other teams. Even my friend in the UK is a die hard arsenal fan. Yeah, competition can be tight or even worse can boil up, but to think of it, football is just a game, some would agree that football is a religion. But for me, we are all the same....skin type, religious belief, interests or even your fav footy team. I would categorize myself as a beliver of the GREY race....not red, not white nor blue...but grey. So it doestn bother me if ure a Manyoo, Kops, ARSE anal or even Selangor or Tanjung Pagar or Geylang fan in the Spurs thread. Just think of it that though we are different, we do have two things in common...we love football and love banging girls...:)

Bro,
To set the record straight with tat Manure Utd fan,it's juz for good fun & it's not i was calling him or his family bad names or something !...in SG we sometimes called Ref Kayu,etc...Some samster they PM me & we have fun chatting,then they popped up the Q.btw can we be buddies since I'm a Arse anal,etc,etc fan ?....LOL i'm a loyal SPURS fan but not crazy or obsessed to hate other teams samster !......So wat big fuss about this ???
Liked i wrote earlier,it's just mind games even at Sbf ! ha ha !.....

qbdp
17-11-2007, 01:39 AM
ps.to the MANURE UTD fan ( sori i din take note yr nic,din mean to be impolite ! ),btw thks for the pointers on being a "classes Spurs fan"...and also thks for reading & highlighting my past postings here ! It's ok & all in good competitive fun !....currently we may not be playing as well or high flying as your team as we are currently re-building our confidence !...so it'll be a interesting game when play again,it'll be RAMOS vs FERGIE tactics !

I didnt say you were impolite towards me. I only pointed out that bros like Castrol, Putrawk and Lungless were classy Spurs fans becoz of their constructive posts on the club they support.

No. I am not playing any mind games with anyone or you.

Bro,
To set the record straight with tat Manure Utd fan,it's juz for good fun & it's not i was calling him or his family bad names or something !...in SG we sometimes called Ref Kayu,etc...Some samster they PM me & we have fun chatting,then they popped up the Q.btw can we be buddies since I'm a Arse anal,etc,etc fan ?....LOL i'm a loyal SPURS fan but not crazy or obsessed to hate other teams samster !......So wat big fuss about this ???

All I did was highlighted the posts you called Manchester United names. Seriously, there wasnt name callings on Manchester United by Spurs fans before and that's why I joked that I may have clicked on a wrong thread.

andyk
17-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I didnt say you were impolite towards me. I only pointed out that bros like Castrol, Putrawk and Lungless were classy Spurs fans becoz of their constructive posts on the club they support.

- Bro,appreciate you can also highlight egs what are "classy & constructive posts" so that i can post better here ! Then you should start reading some of the other postings in Sbf ! In Sbf we are juz chatting here to "unwind" or share gd experiences or get to know each other if there are mutual interest inbetween work breaks or freetime !...Sometimes in SG,there are already so much "restrictions & laws" that make us so very stressed already & then in SBF you get someone who's esp not a Spurs fan,who starts pointing to you this etc,etc....Think you should really state yr "real intentions or motives" here ! ( anyway i have dun have the time to check out yr club's postings )

No. I am not playing any mind games with anyone or you.

- With your earlier posts on this & start using various nic names,were you trying to get us Spurs fans here "disunited" ?

All I did was highlighted the posts you called Manchester United names. Seriously, there wasnt name callings on Manchester United by Spurs fans before and that's why I joked that I may have clicked on a wrong thread.

- Clicked wrongly ? Btw,u are now surfing our Spurs posting again ! :D

- When & if you representing your school/uni/army in any sport games for eg i represented my school in many games & there was a big rivalry vs RI & ACS,we want compete & excel but in good spirit so a bit of name calling is juz for the fun lah ! No fighting ! Think you should really "loosen up a bit"....will be definitely good for you !

ps.hope you are not trying to set the "rules or guidelines here" because several "senior samster here already told me that they quitted Sbf already because it's too boring,zapping,etc !"....so my final word - let's enjoy to the max as long there's Sbf here & make it as fun & with "speak free yr mind" post !

lungless
17-11-2007, 10:06 AM
More "guessing game on which player we selling & buying" hotting up !....and how RAMOS will be spending the 40mil in the JAN window !.....And please dun use it to buy CARRICK if possible !...even though we need a play maker,"beef up our defence & left sided weakness !.....

My wish list for RAMOS to introduce "new talented discoveries & not already over rated players that we have to pay sky high prices !".....

Honestly, i would like Ramos to stay put with all the players at his disposal. If he is a true master coach/manager and tactician, i think he would be able to bring out the best in the players. Coz the players Spurs have are actually rather talented. They are more talented players in the Spurs under 18 team and Ramos have been known to nurture well these young players too in his Sevilla days. Players that i hope blossom under Ramos regime are Huddlestone, Assou-Ekotto, Zokora, Phil Ifil, Rose, Dorian Dervite, Kaboul, Bale, Taarabt, Boateng, Ohara, Perkhat, Troy-Archibald, Radwan Hamed, Andrew Barcham, Simon Dawkin, Charlie Daniel....many more!! So i hope these players are given a look and blossom from there. If need to buy, i hope he will stall till end of season. Cheers

lungless
17-11-2007, 10:11 AM
- Clicked wrongly ? Btw,u are now surfing our Spurs posting again ! :D

- When & if you representing your school/uni/army in any sport games for eg i represented my school in many games & there was a big rivalry vs RI & ACS,we want compete & excel but in good spirit so a bit of name calling is juz for the fun lah ! No fighting ! Think you should really "loosen up a bit"....will be definitely good for you !

ps.hope you are not trying to set the "rules or guidelines here" because several "senior samster here already told me that they quitted Sbf already because it's too boring,zapping,etc !"....so my final word - let's enjoy to the max as long there's Sbf here & make it as fun & with "speak free yr mind" post !

Bro, take it easy man.....let us just concentrate on Spurs yeah....like many great thinker have said, the biggest stumbling block is ourselves and if we are able to concquer our inner self, we will be on the road to success and that have not yet been the case for Spurs!! Go you Lilywhites!!!!! Cheers

lungless
17-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Just read a Spurs Gossip newsletter that came in. It seems that Juande Ramos is eyeing Iker Casilas. He is one of my fav goalies and I would welcome him if the rumour is true. But it doesnt stop there...Ramos are willing to pay Real 28.5mil Pounds for the man. Now thats pricey. No doubt that Casilas is perhaps one of the top 5 goalies in the world right now (others being Petr Cech, Buffon, Coupe, van Der Saar) but 28.5 mil? Now thats hefty.

Bro, there are many gossips surrounding Spurs these days. I tend to read it for entertainment Purposes. I hope that Spurs will nurture Ben Alnwick to be a great Keeper for the future! But if can get Casillas will be good too!!:D....haha, but not at that price.

andyk
17-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Bro, take it easy man.....let us just concentrate on Spurs yeah....like many great thinker have said, the biggest stumbling block is ourselves and if we are able to concquer our inner self, we will be on the road to success and that have not yet been the case for Spurs!! Go you Lilywhites!!!!! Cheers

Many thanks,bro ! Sure definitely want to focus on my beloved SPURS which i follow closely daily ! Honestly i felt really depressed during the start of the season till the end of JOL era ! Bad decisions & "infighting" by the Spurs mgt & too much high expectation preseason hype us to lots of disappointments...and understand what is "walking dead term used for JOL" & so how can he manage the team with an axe above him !...really glad it's over !
Guessed this guy juz got "competitive inner self" out of me !!! Especially with Fergie teaser on signing Berba in summer & then recently Carrick joining in !....Total crap !...Ramos also told Berba if he wants to go,then go !....

andyk
17-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Honestly, i would like Ramos to stay put with all the players at his disposal. If he is a true master coach/manager and tactician, i think he would be able to bring out the best in the players. Coz the players Spurs have are actually rather talented. They are more talented players in the Spurs under 18 team and Ramos have been known to nurture well these young players too in his Sevilla days. Players that i hope blossom under Ramos regime are Huddlestone, Assou-Ekotto, Zokora, Phil Ifil, Rose, Dorian Dervite, Kaboul, Bale, Taarabt, Boateng, Ohara, Perkhat, Troy-Archibald, Radwan Hamed, Andrew Barcham, Simon Dawkin, Charlie Daniel....many more!! So i hope these players are given a look and blossom from there. If need to buy, i hope he will stall till end of season. Cheers

Noted,Bro & agreed with your views tat current team need confidence boosting & nurturing but all these need time too !....Are you satisfied with our current midfield & defence ? And Ramos should let go some players liked Ghaly to trimmed down our payroll to add more future transfer funds ! Somehow sometimes with all the rumours of new players will "shake up any current complacent players who's not contributing much !"....Cheers !

lungless
17-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Many thanks,bro ! Sure definitely want to focus on my beloved SPURS which i follow closely daily ! Honestly i felt really depressed during the start of the season till the end of JOL era ! Bad decisions & "infighting" by the Spurs mgt & too much high expectation preseason hype us to lots of disappointments...and understand what is "walking dead term used for JOL" & so how can he manage the team with an axe above him !...really glad it's over !
Guessed this guy juz got "competitive inner self" out of me !!! Especially with Fergie teaser on signing Berba in summer & then recently Carrick joining in !....Total crap !...Ramos also told Berba if he wants to go,then go !....

Bro, thats it! You've said it. Total Crap. Most of the tabloids are crap anyway:D...So no need to believe them wholly. When the TF windows start, we will see which player comes in and go. Don't be too carried away with all these tabloids and talks k. Just enjoy supporting the team that we love!

lungless
17-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Noted,Bro & agreed with your views tat current team need confidence boosting & nurturing but all these need time too !....Are you satisfied with our current midfield & defence ? And Ramos should let go some players liked Ghaly to trimmed down our payroll to add more future transfer funds ! Somehow sometimes with all the rumours of new players will "shake up any current complacent players who's not contributing much !"....Cheers !

Bro, like i mentioned earlier, there are many unpolished gems in the Spurs closet. Just need Ramos to unearth their true potential. Yeah, the likes of Ghaly, Stalteri and Murphy should go. It will pave a bit for some youngsters to come in. Our Midfield and Defence needs guidance and if Ramos and his team is any good, they will transform them. Give them sometime to blossom. I believe in continuity and that was why i was rather irked by the Jol saga. The man needed time and support from everyone, especially the board. So i hope Ramos will be given time to turn the team to be world beaters:D and i truly believed we have the players to do that!! Hope Ramos can rub his competitive/winning mentality with all the players!! If spurs were to get a midfielder in during January - i hope it will be Van de Vaart!!:D

Castrol
19-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Bro,

i can see what you're saying bro. but you know, unlike when with friends, in internet forums most of us have never met, and a post can be read by thousands of samsters. its better not to write degrading stuff like "manure" - meaning man utd is shits or something. unlike the term chelski, which only refers the club to the russian owner.

respect aside, here we are football lovers first. dont matter what team or club whoever supports. we dont want others to refer to the club we support with degrading names, so we also dont do unto others.

we should encourage gentleman forum conversation here. bro qbdp is a fabulous guy with very objective minded posts and full of considerations for other club supporters. not taking sides but just a "sbf character" reference.

hope you can catch my drift. i hate every team that beat spurs, but i have to bear in mind i'm here to make friends and exchange comments. i dont care who supports what team. take it easy, spurs is away next. lets send the hammers back to the old tool box! :D

Castrol
19-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Bro,

i can see what you're saying bro. but you know, unlike when with friends, in internet forums most of us have never met, and a post can be read by thousands of samsters. its better not to write degrading stuff like "manure" - meaning man utd is shits or something. unlike the term chelski, which only refers the club to the russian owner.

respect aside, here we are football lovers first. dont matter what team or club whoever supports. we dont want others to refer to the club we support with degrading names, so we also dont do unto others.

we should encourage gentleman forum conversation here. bro qbdp is a fabulous guy with very objective minded posts and full of considerations for other club supporters. not taking sides but just a "sbf character" reference.

hope you can catch my drift. i hate every team that beat spurs, but i have to bear in mind i'm here to make friends and exchange comments. i dont care who supports what team. take it easy, spurs is away next. lets send the hammers back to the old tool box! :D

putrawk
19-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Honestly, i would like Ramos to stay put with all the players at his disposal. If he is a true master coach/manager and tactician, i think he would be able to bring out the best in the players.

Right you are bro. But it doesnt hurt if we buy the players as we got the cash if u know what I mean. I think we have a good set of young players as well. But they need to get exposure, maybe the u-18s can play in the reserves league and the fringe players can have a go at cup competitions.

Bro, there are many gossips surrounding Spurs these days. I tend to read it for entertainment Purposes. I hope that Spurs will nurture Ben Alnwick to be a great Keeper for the future! But if can get Casillas will be good too!!:D....haha, but not at that price.

Casilas is class. Alnwick is out on loan. Our 2nd choice Radek Cerny is not up to class, our 3rd choice is supposed to be Alnwick, Tommy Forecast is our junior...talented but raw. I'd say, get the demons out of Robinson and lets pray that he recaptures his form that made him the England No 1.

lungless
19-11-2007, 09:12 PM

Totally agree with you matey. With friends we can enjoy a few banters here and there as they know us well. Cheers

lungless
19-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Right you are bro. But it doesnt hurt if we buy the players as we got the cash if u know what I mean. I think we have a good set of young players as well. But they need to get exposure, maybe the u-18s can play in the reserves league and the fringe players can have a go at cup competitions.

Yeah, get players like Van de Vaart!! haha...But im always get a kick when Spurs buy an unknown that turn out a gem:).....If im not wrong, lots of the under 18 players are playing in the reserves league this year and Clive Allen has praised some of them for their talent and hardwork. Get the up and coming players to play more often in cup competition like Carling cup(but not for FA Cup as it is a traditionally great old Cup competition that Spurs was sttrong in - so must respect abit. But can the fans take it if we loose? I don't mind as long as the process is good. Exposure playing for such Cup for this guys will be rewarded sooner i believe.

Casilas is class. Alnwick is out on loan. Our 2nd choice Radek Cerny is not up to class, our 3rd choice is supposed to be Alnwick, Tommy Forecast is our junior...talented but raw. I'd say, get the demons out of Robinson and lets pray that he recaptures his form that made him the England No 1.

I thought Alnwick is back? Coz Robinson was injured the other time and they recalled him right? Heard Forecast is good too. So hope that the new Goalkeeping coaching stuff can do wonders. BTW, since Segars left, who came in to be the goalie coach? Haha, Robinson needs some butt kicking if he slacks again:)...i think being professional is not easy. Anything that affects your life will somewhat effect your game. Really admire those who can really concentrate well on the daily basis! or should i say on game to game basis...

hawksbay
19-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Bro,

bro better be care full they cld be gays:p

Castrol
20-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah, get players like Van de Vaart!!

riquelme! riquelme! :D

Castrol
20-11-2007, 09:30 AM
ESPN - Spurs exile Ghaly set for Al Ahly switch

Hossam Ghaly appears to have edged closer to his exit from Tottenham Hotspur, after being granted permission to train with Egyptian club Al Ahly.

The 25-year-old midfielder has not played for Spurs since angrily reacting to being substituted by former boss Martin Jol towards the end of last season, and throwing his shirt to the floor.

Ghaly has returned to the club where he has started his career to build up his fitness.

'We have given Hossam permission to train with his former club Al Ahly in Egypt as he prepares for the national team's Arabic Cup campaign as well as the African Cup of Nations tournament in January,' said Damien Comolli, Spurs' sporting director.

i hope thats the last we hear from ghalypatra. i wouldnt throw my spurs shirt to the floor even if drew barrymore and maria sharapova are waiting for me on the bed... :D

andyk
20-11-2007, 12:23 PM
bro better be care full they cld be gays:p

Ha ha !...no wories,bro & thanks for yr concern ! one of them is a Liverpool fan too & enjoy bonking SYTs with "pink nips" only ! ha ha !....and others liked me love to cheong ktvs for PRC babes !.......So no way they are gays soccer fans !.........

andyk
20-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Latest rumours - Julio Baptista to be RAMOS 1st signing....

When he was on loan to Arsenal ( our threadstarter advised tat it wld nicer if we do not called other clubs names or they start calling us back ! :D ) I tot he was really hard working player....think he scored against us too !....So if we signed him,then we have another striker ???....

Expected him to "plug" our defence 1st & stop us from "leaking any more goals".....and a stronger midfield...a creative playmaker please,Mr.Ramos !....

putrawk
21-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Latest rumours - Julio Baptista to be RAMOS 1st signing....

Yeah I read the gossip too. Baptista is a strong attacking minded mfder but he is also a part time player. Sometimes he's hot, sometime cold. Very inconsistent.

We are also rumoured to b intersted in so many players...almost the entire bus of sevilla will be coming, David Villa, Raul Albiol, Vicente, Carrick, Casilas, heck I cant remember...there are too many.

I wish we could sign someone with capablities that is as good as Alan Gilzean (60s-70s- great header of the ball- maybe because of his bald head!), Jimmy Greaves, Martin Peters, Gary Lineker and Clive Allen (superb Goalscorers), Danny Blanchflower, Gary Mabbut and Dave Mackay (leadership qualities), Gazza, Ginola, Waddle (crafty and dazzling), Jennings, Clemence and Thorsvedt (commanding GKs), Hoddle, Ossie and Teddy Sheringham (strong influence and intelligent), Perrymen, Chris Hughton and Garth crooks (hard running) ...and Dave Russell, our head caterer for the players in the 60s....his food made us Double Champions and almost won the European Cup in 61/62 (when we were unluckily beaten in the latter stages (SF I think to Benfica- I cant remember)- some say the ref were bought as we had 2 goals disallowed. We lost 4-3 on agg)!!!

lungless
21-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah I read the gossip too. Baptista is a strong attacking minded mfder but he is also a part time player. Sometimes he's hot, sometime cold. Very inconsistent.

We are also rumoured to intersted in so many players...almost the entire bus of sevilla will be coming, David Villa, Raul Albiol, Vicente, Carrick, Casilas, heck I cant remember...there are too many.

I wish we could sign someone with capablities that is as good as Alan Gilzean (60s-70s- great header of the ball- maybe because of his bald head!), Jimmy Greaves, Martin Peters, Gary Lineker and Clive Allen (superb Goalscorers), Danny Blanchflower, Gary Mabbut and Dave Mackay (leadership qualities), Gazza, Ginola, Waddle (crafty and dazzling), Jennings, Clemence and Thorsvedt (commanding GKs), Hoddle, Ossie and Teddy Sheringham (strong influence and intelligent), Perrymen, Chris Hughton and Garth crooks (hard running) ...and Dave Russell, our head caterer for the players in the 60s....his food makes us Double Champions!!!

Bro, you sound like you want me to be the next Spurs buy:D :D ...I think we need a player of Danny Blanchflower material. Who can really rally the players around him. Since you mention Garth Crooks, how come you forgotten his good pal Archibald?! Anyway, these tabloids are all carrying tales. At least 90% of them! I'll just wait and see who they bring in! Right now, whats important is to slowly climb up the table. Im also looking forward to January period to see if we can climb further - as many players in the league will be away on the African Championship. Cheers

andyk
21-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow ! Really salute you guys ! By mentioning all those old Spurs stars,you guys must be about the same age & also the time supporting Spurs !....So it's been a long,long time since we have enjoyed any Cup or league success !....

Almost every season we have been enduring a "rollercoaster ride"...with so many players & coach changes !.....But with RAMOS on board i have confidence we can get better & better !...His past successes tell you all about him !....So more "fine tuning" to our current team with better team tactics to win more games & points !!!....

Who will be sign or sold in the Jan window is definitely a million $ guess for now !!!...the musical chair is spinning non stop till it get really ridiculous !.....

Sayangku
21-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Gary Lineker and Clive Allen.... (superb Goalscorers)

Wah, not many young people know Clive Allen leh, 49 goals in 1 season with Spurs, which still a record till now. You reminded me man, he's a classic scorer :)

lungless
21-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Wah, not many young people know Clive Allen leh, 49 goals in 1 season with Spurs, which still a record till now. You reminded me man, he's a classic scorer :)

Huh? Clive Allen not that old lar....i think many people will still remember him scoring in the 80's. He is not like Jimmy Greaves and Martin Peters who both played in the 60's. Its a pity i do not have the chance to see these 2 legends play. BTW Both Lineker and Allen (clive that is and not his cousin - Spurs Midfield engine) were opportunist at the very top of the game. Always at the correct place at the correct time!:D ...Anyway, Clive Allen is still currently the Team reserves Coach. So he is still remembered wholly!

no_faith
22-11-2007, 03:54 AM
i extract one paragraph frm soccernet...

'if not, everyone knows that my intention to play in the Premier League. It is my second option. I like the cities of Liverpool and Manchester,
but I would go to any team in London.'-Guti-

gd good recruitment, playmaker wif experiece.;)

Sayangku
22-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Always at the correct place at the correct time!...

This 1 i have to agree ;)

andyk
22-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Finally got to watched our last game vs Wigan last nite on ch.27....it looked liked a "training game" for as Wigan were liked us a few games back in low spirits and managerless !....

But was glad to see Berba playing well again & the whole team clicking together ! But too bad both Berba & Keane didn't score ! Also noted the slick passing with more confidence...tigher defending...fitter too !....

Probably the real test will playing with the current top 6 teams if we really want to do well this season !

Come On You Spurs !!!

putrawk
23-11-2007, 03:57 PM
. Since you mention Garth Crooks, how come you forgotten his good pal Archibald?! s

Ah yes good old archie is another top class act.

Wow ! Really salute you guys ! By mentioning all those old Spurs stars,you guys must be about the same age & also the time supporting Spurs !...

In other words..ure calling us OLD huh? :P ....I am only in my 30s man.

Wah, not many young people know Clive Allen leh, 49 goals in 1 season with Spurs, which still a record till now. You reminded me man, he's a classic scorer

Clive Allen. Too bad he didnt play regularly for England. In fact, a lot of other top notch players didnt play a lot for their countries. Maybe theres a plot to it?? Hoddle didnt play as much as he would have liked. Same goes to Jimmy Greaves, Paul Allen, Martin Peters, Danny Blanchflower for Wales and Dave Mackay for Scotland

Its a pity i do not have the chance to see these 2 legends play. BTW Both Lineker and Allen (clive that is and not his cousin - Spurs Midfield engine) were opportunist at the very top of the game. Always at the correct place at the correct time!

I too didnt managed to see Greavesey and Peters play but I watched a lot of Videos on Spurs. Thats where I know how good Blachflower was on the wings or the centre, how tough Dave Mackay was, how deadly was Jimmy Greaves
and how shapr is Gizlean's headers. And how we got relegated in 1978 (i think) and how we bounced back to be labelled as the TRADITIONAL BIG 5 of English Football with Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Manyoo. (why Leeds and Forest is not in the big 5 is a good question as those teams were BIG in the 70s).

As for Lineker, he remained my all time fav Spurs player as I grew up watching him play. He is the type who could play badly in the first 80 mins of the game yet to come up and score a brace with 10 mins left. Thats how good he really was. Too bad he didnt play with Clive Allen upfront. If he did, imagine how good we couldve been. In the end Lineker had to play alongside Paul Walsh and sometimes Pual Stewert up front!! And when Lineker left, our top striker was Gordon Durie...sighhhhhh.....then came Ronny Rosenthal....yikes....and a string of bad strikers (Sheringham, Klinsmann and Sir Les aside) - Darren Caskey, Steffen Iversen, Chris Armstrong, Rory Allen, Neal Fenn, Nicky Barmby, Illie Dumitrescu, Bobby Zamora and Darren Bent (!). LOL

Castrol
23-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Darren Caskey, Steffen Iversen, Chris Armstrong, Rory Allen, Neal Fenn, Nicky Barmby, Illie Dumitrescu, Bobby Zamora and Darren Bent (!). LOL

dont forget little rebrov, my mouth would open up and my cigarette would drop everytime he took a shot. thats how "good" he is. :D

andyk
23-11-2007, 06:17 PM
In other words..ure calling us OLD huh? :P ....I am only in my 30s man.

Aiyoh,Bro Putrawk,pls dun be upset le ! :D ....you are a very young man that is seriously a true & loyal Spurs fan !.....Will take note of this !....

What's your prediction of this wkend game ?

Dirk Kuyt
24-11-2007, 08:59 AM
What's your prediction of this wkend game ?

West Ham 2 Tottenham 3 (Keane)

andyk
24-11-2007, 10:13 AM
West Ham 2 Tottenham 3 (Keane)

So far i read from our Spurs update - kaboul is out & Bale & Malbranque doubtful !....And others liked King,Rocha still injured...Are we going to play the clumsy Gardner ? From these situation RAMOS need to buy a central defender in the Jan window...

Lots of predictions prediction so far,my call will be : West Ham 1 Spurs 2....Come on you Spurs !!!!

lungless
25-11-2007, 05:17 PM
So far i read from our Spurs update - kaboul is out & Bale & Malbranque doubtful !....And others liked King,Rocha still injured...Are we going to play the clumsy Gardner ? From these situation RAMOS need to buy a central defender in the Jan window...

Lots of predictions prediction so far,my call will be : West Ham 1 Spurs 2....Come on you Spurs !!!!

I think Chimbonda will play with dawson in middle and stalteri on the right. Hope Boateng will get his chance to do battle. Would like to see him play with zokora in midfield...

My Prediction is West Ham 0 Spurs 3....

andyk
26-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Last nite game with West Ham was quite nerve wreaking when Kaboul was around playing.....his style was way too casual that caused the 1st goal !...Probably his Spurs days are over in Jan window !........

And Defoe too....recently he have been a "yellow carded sub"...he should have taken the penalty since he probably had so much to think of since he was a ex-hammer player !...

Well,it's over now ! Only consolation we didn't lose last nite....so Ramos still "unbeaten".......And glad to see there were real commitment from others liked Zokora,Chimbo,Dawson,Jenas & Berba.......

What do you guys think ?

Castrol
26-11-2007, 10:01 AM
west ham 1 spurs 1

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7487106_7_1.jpg
Dimitar Berbatov of Tottenham Hotspur goes around Matthew Upson of West Ham United during their Premier League match at Upton Park on November 25, 2007 in London, England.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7486632_7_1.jpg
Robert Green of West Ham saves a Defoe penalty in injury time against Tottenham Hotspur. The goalkeeper's effort saw the game end in a 1-1 draw.

evilspawnsss
26-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I watched the match last nite..hmm...suai la Spurs..they shd hv won it..But Spurs goal is kinda of Goalkeeping mistake..so Green make 1 wrong and save 1 for westham...Hope to see Spurs play their best game..

lungless
26-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Last nite game with West Ham was quite nerve wreaking when Kaboul was around playing.....his style was way too casual that caused the 1st goal !...Probably his Spurs days are over in Jan window !........

And Defoe too....recently he have been a "yellow carded sub"...he should have taken the penalty since he probably had so much to think of since he was a ex-hammer player !...

Well,it's over now ! Only consolation we didn't lose last nite....so Ramos still "unbeaten".......And glad to see there were real commitment from others liked Zokora,Chimbo,Dawson,Jenas & Berba.......

What do you guys think ?

Wow, Kaboul out in the Jan Window? Which year huh? 2012? hehe...Bro, think far...that guy is still young, so why let go when he still have abundance of talent! Ledley King is also a casual player...i think they are calm and collected kind of player. Which is good to calm down tension at times....althought Spurs did not win this time round, it is good that the confidence is back!:)

andyk
26-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow, Kaboul out in the Jan Window? Which year huh? 2012? hehe...Bro, think far...that guy is still young, so why let go when he still have abundance of talent! Ledley King is also a casual player...i think they are calm and collected kind of player. Which is good to calm down tension at times....althought Spurs did not win this time round, it is good that the confidence is back!:)

Bro,
Thanks for yr sharing ! Let's have a bet on this - Kaboul will be out next summer but not Jan window as it may be hard to replace him then....but RAMOS will definitely buy a central defender as we can "hope for the best with King,Rocha or Gardner anymore !".....He will not be RAMOS favourite as Kaboul is still very immature for EPL and he'll be "punished again & again for his casualness play !"....If we played the top 4 teams,we probably lost by a big score last nite !.....

Castrol
26-11-2007, 01:51 PM

i already stopped hoping for ledley king to come back. his constant serious injury problems may send him to play in div 2 or div 3 soon. Although hardly losing games recently, spurs' current form is middle table stuff only. its a relief to spurs the whipping boys like wigan, sunderland and derby are stilll being thrashed week after week.

the UEFA cup and FA cup must be top priority this season! :D

andyk
26-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Latest news from Daily Mail - Defoe On The Way To Man U for 10mil !.....in the Jan window Fergie need to buy due to injuries to Rooney & Saha....

Currently he's no.4 in Spurs & only used as a sub & I don't think he actually have much future & since Man U keen,then we should actually "cash in & buy other exciting strikers by RAMOS"....but not "overpriced & old Kanoute"....

RAMOS have already told our strikers to check their own situation & decide & he's not stopping them if they wants to leave including BERBA !.....

lungless
26-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Bro,
Thanks for yr sharing ! Let's have a bet on this - Kaboul will be out next summer but not Jan window as it may be hard to replace him then....but RAMOS will definitely buy a central defender as we can "hope for the best with King,Rocha or Gardner anymore !".....He will not be RAMOS favourite as Kaboul is still very immature for EPL and he'll be "punished again & again for his casualness play !"....If we played the top 4 teams,we probably lost by a big score last nite !.....

Im not going to bet with you but someone will go out next summer but its definitely not Kaboul. The Kid got enuff talent to be another King. BTW, have you seen how Kaboul play for France under 21? There are many factors for the foreigners to get use to the team and league. Kaboul is young and its the first season that he is playing oversea. Homesick, language, food can be a barrier off and on the field. So give the kid some slack. He plays well almost on a daily basis when he captains the under 21 french side. Maybe with Dervite in full fitness, you will see a great french connection when dawson is down. The future is bright with these youngsters considering the coaching staff that Spurs now has....Mark my word!!:)

lungless
26-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Latest news from Daily Mail - Defoe On The Way To Man U for 10mil !.....in the Jan window Fergie need to buy due to injuries to Rooney & Saha....

Currently he's no.4 in Spurs & only used as a sub & I don't think he actually have much future & since Man U keen,then we should actually "cash in & buy other exciting strikers by RAMOS"....but not "overpriced & old Kanoute"....

RAMOS have already told our strikers to check their own situation & decide & he's not stopping them if they wants to leave including BERBA !.....

Bro you are the first Spurs Supporter that wants everyone out the moment they don't play well:D Don't believe all the crap tabloid. Defoe do not have the size to be the main striker in any team. Just like Owen, he needs a big sized partner who can hold the ball for him. And with Man U wing play, i don't think Defoe is the kind of player that they would want to whip the ball for him. But if Saha is healthy, Defoe will come handy for Man U....BUT STILL IT IS THE SAME, coz the striking Option will be Rooney, Tevez, Saha then Defoe....so i don't think they will buy Defoe unless they get someone who can link with him at Man U. Anyway, this is what i think and seriously, i don't bother to believe all this crap tabloid:D I rather enjoy the game that Spurs show...hehe

andyk
27-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Bro you are the first Spurs Supporter that wants everyone out the moment they don't play well:D Don't believe all the crap tabloid. Defoe do not have the size to be the main striker in any team. Just like Owen, he needs a big sized partner who can hold the ball for him. And with Man U wing play, i don't think Defoe is the kind of player that they would want to whip the ball for him. But if Saha is healthy, Defoe will come handy for Man U....BUT STILL IT IS THE SAME, coz the striking Option will be Rooney, Tevez, Saha then Defoe....so i don't think they will buy Defoe unless they get someone who can link with him at Man U. Anyway, this is what i think and seriously, i don't bother to believe all this crap tabloid:D I rather enjoy the game that Spurs show...hehe

-> Bro,sori but i think u got me wrong & i,too think most internet news are "crap"...but sometimes it's their reporters' game to try their best to predict & see who can report it ahead of others about wc player sold or we going to buy !...or Spurs bosses "leaking out certain news to influence things to happened !"....
-> If U were Spurs bosses & then Defoe keep refusing to sign any new contract & then later ala Sol Campbell situation,then how ? Last time it may because of JOL but now it's RAMOS so why is he still not signing new contract ?....
-> Yes,besides Kaboul,we have many "future stars" to groom but it's important that we can get max results asap & not more experimenting pls !....We need RAMOS & COMOLLI to quickly get the most necessary players to replace those that are not contributing or committed enough !
-> Yes,Bro,i too enjoyed watching our beloved Spurs play always but maybe i'm impatient for success for SPURS !!!

putrawk
27-11-2007, 04:16 PM
dont forget little rebrov, my mouth would open up and my cigarette would drop everytime he took a shot. thats how "good" he is. :D

I think he is OK. He is a great link-up striker in the mould of Saviola, Robbie Keane and Gianrfanco Zola. He just needed to play regularly but it wasnt meant to be and now he plays right wing for his country. :P

Bro,
Thanks for yr sharing ! Let's have a bet on this - Kaboul will be out next summer but not Jan window as it may be hard to replace him then...

I just think Kaboul had a torrid time against most teams this season. But theres no doubt of his capabilities. Together with Samir Nasri and Frank Riberry, he is one of the best up and comming players from France. Give him time to settle and that lad is still young. I reckon if we ever sign another CB in January, we should loan him to other teams in the EPL so that he will get the feel of playing in England. But he should be able to be recalled coz we all know how fragile our players legs are. If I were the queen, I would give an OBE or MBE to our physios coz they have worked hard with players like Darren Anderton, Paul Allen, Gazza, Redknapp, Tim Sherwood, Sir Les, Sir Led, Danny Murphy....and the list goes on and on....

andyk
27-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I just think Kaboul had a torrid time against most teams this season. But theres no doubt of his capabilities. Together with Samir Nasri and Frank Riberry, he is one of the best up and comming players from France. Give him time to settle and that lad is still young. I reckon if we ever sign another CB in January, we should loan him to other teams in the EPL so that he will get the feel of playing in England. But he should be able to be recalled coz we all know how fragile our players legs are. If I were the queen, I would give an OBE or MBE to our physios coz they have worked hard with players like Darren Anderton, Paul Allen, Gazza, Redknapp, Tim Sherwood, Sir Les, Sir Led, Danny Murphy....and the list goes on and on....[/QUOTE]

Hey Bro,
Agreed that Kaboul & our other starlets need more time but liked LEVY mentioned that this is a "high stakes game so the best results is needed"....U used the word "fragile" & that should used to refer to our defence with both Dawson & Kaboul playing together in our last game...was watching on my bed & nearly fell off a few times !....

Kaboul wanted to walked straight to the showers & was ordered back to sit & watch till the end of the game !...

Of course,it'll take some time for RAMOS to really build up the team confidence & by keep winning & rising up the table,then you really can see in their eyes that they will be more determined & commited to succeed !.....

Castrol
29-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I think he is OK. He is a great link-up striker in the mould of Saviola, Robbie Keane and Gianrfanco Zola. He just needed to play regularly but it wasnt meant to be and now he plays right wing for his country. :P

is rebrov still playing for ukraine? i agree he is like saviola, with his runs and dribblings. but his final touch is usually very poor.

Castrol
29-11-2007, 01:40 PM
bad news... :(

Riquelme turned down Tottenham for Boca return

Juan Roman Riquelme has revealed he turned down an offer from Tottenham before agreeing to move back to Boca Juniors.

The Argentina midfielder has not made an appearance for Villarreal this season after falling out with coach Manuel Pellegrini and has finally got his wish to quit the Primera Liga high-fliers.

Villarreal officials are currently in South America negotiating his transfer to Boca after Riquelme rejected a move to White Hart Lane. He said: 'I thank them (Tottenham) for their interest but my family and I want to return home.'

The gifted playmaker, 29, is now hoping he can put his troubles at El Madrigal behind him, play regular football and secure a place in the Argentina squad for the 2010 World Cup. He has played a starring role in his country's World Cup qualifiers this season despite a lack of competitive club football.

'I am a simple person and all I want is to play football every Sunday,' Riquelme added. 'This move is the only chance I have to play at the next World Cup, which is the thing that motivates me most.

'People should know that of the three parties I am the one who has made the biggest effort and that I have offered to play a year for free with Boca.
'I have also told Villarreal they do not have to pay me what they owe me for another year and a half.'

putrawk
29-11-2007, 03:07 PM
is rebrov still playing for ukraine? i agree he is like saviola, with his runs and dribblings. but his final touch is usually very poor.

Yes he is still playing for Ukraine but is down injured at the moment. And his final touch is poor...yes yes yes...thats why he switched to the wings. :)

As for Riquelme...well, I dont blame him. He did have a good time at Boca last season, thats most probably why he opted to go home. But its a good thing the management sees our weakpoints...we need a good creative minded attacking midfielder and a left winger. And a centre back too. I have no doubt that Robbo will improve and u could see that he has tighten his game and our defence looks slightly convincing...nevermind that Kaboul howler last weekend, we are still improving. I reckon we should look at signing a goalscoring midfielder...someone like Gerrard for Liverpool, Cesc for Arsenal, Scholse for MU and Cahill for Everton. I am a fan of Cahill. He's just great. We need some one like him who could pop a few goals for us from midfield.

andyk
29-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Spurs vs Aalborg

Both Defoe & Kaboul out.

Not much info on Aalborg except Poyet saying this is a massive & tough game that require us tp play quick & good football & not win with a goal but as many goals as possible !

Playing at WHL will be a big advantage for us ! Hoping that our strike team Berba & Keane can use this game to show their scoring form !...

Come On You SPURS !
Andyk

andyk
30-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey Spurs Bros,

Thank God we won this morning - 3 - 2....RAMOS finally got a taste of our bad,bad & nervous defending & reading from various match reports that LEE played badly....Think most opponents will keep this pressure on us so RAMOS will surely need a Central Defender to lead the defence well or we will continue to leak more goals !.....

Glad that he finally used Hudds as i think he have good potential to do well in the future !....

U guys know is there'll be a delay telecast for this game ? Thanks,Andyk

Cum_Luver
01-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Tottenham should have no problem winning against Birmingham
Although team always perform beyond expectation whenever there is a change of manager..

Tottenham 3 Birmingham 1

nacho
01-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I am looking forward that Spurs is able to be in the top four at the end fo the session.

Ramos should be able to turn things around.

andyk
02-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I am looking forward that Spurs is able to be in the top four at the end fo the session.

Ramos should be able to turn things around.

Yo Bro Nacho,

Really hope that will happened end of the season but with such a bad start,we have a very tough uphill task to manage that as this season several other teams are playing much better than us !
And for us now the best bet to Europe next year it thru' cup competitions esp Uefa Cup that RAMOS have been a winner last 2 years !....

Tonite's game : Spurs 2 - Birmingham 0...

Come On U SPURS !!!!

lungless
02-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Yo Bro Nacho,

Really hope that will happened end of the season but with such a bad start,we have a very tough uphill task to manage that as this season several other teams are playing much better than us !
And for us now the best bet to Europe next year it thru' cup competitions esp Uefa Cup that RAMOS have been a winner last 2 years !....

Come On U SPURS !!!!

Spurs can still be in the top 6 at the end of this season!:D

nacho
03-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Yo Bro Nacho,

Come On U SPURS !!!!

Come On U SPURS !!!!

Cum_Luver
03-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Spur, what happenned...
first defeat under Juande Ramos.
what a way to start a new managing job for Alex McLeish at Birmingham.
Their win first in White Hart Lane for about 24 years...

Spurs 2 Birmingham 3 and Robbie Keane got sent-off :mad:

andyk
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I just think Kaboul had a torrid time against most teams this season. But theres no doubt of his capabilities. Together with Samir Nasri and Frank Riberry, he is one of the best up and comming players from France. Give him time to settle and that lad is still young. I reckon if we ever sign another CB in January, we should loan him to other teams in the EPL so that he will get the feel of playing in England. But he should be able to be recalled coz we all know how fragile our players legs are. If I were the queen, I would give an OBE or MBE to our physios coz they have worked hard with players like Darren Anderton, Paul Allen, Gazza, Redknapp, Tim Sherwood, Sir Les, Sir Led, Danny Murphy....and the list goes on and on....

Yo,Bro,
After last nite game & Kaboul's blunder again,any comments ?
( Even the commentator kept saying again & again - how clumsy he is ? )
Think RAMOS may need to "eat his words that only desperate team buys in the Jan window"....and now Bale may be injured too !...Just wonder how can our "make shift defence" play against the stronger teams ! :o

Disappointed that we have "leaked goals & especially dying mins again !"....

sinfulguy
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
after last night's game...I think we got robbed by the ref lah

Keane's foul the most yellow card....where got red??? The ref missed so many hand ball....

Castrol
03-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Yo,Bro,
After last nite game & Kaboul's blunder again,any comments ?
( Even the commentator kept saying again & again - how clumsy he is ? )
Think RAMOS may need to "eat his words that only desperate team buys in the Jan window"....and now Bale may be injured too !...Just wonder how can our "make shift defence" play against the stronger teams ! :o

Disappointed that we have "leaked goals & especially dying mins again !"....

absolutely shocking. bale injured, keane sent off, lost 2-3 at home to birmingham! i woke up and started watching from the 2nd half right before keane made it 2-1 with a fantastically connected tap in from a cross. did kaboul screw up again? and why was zokora playing so deep? you'd think he was a centre back.

when jerome roamed in to take the shot for birmingham's 2nd goal, the spurs defence reminded me of ramon vega and chris perry. ramos better throw a chair or a boot in the changing room.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7516564_7_1.jpg
Robbie Keane of Tottenham Hotspur is sent off for a messy tackle after scoring two goals against Birmingham City.

andyk
03-12-2007, 05:36 PM
after last night's game...I think we got robbed by the ref lah

Keane's foul the most yellow card....where got red??? The ref missed so many hand ball....

Besides that,think Birmingham packed their half most of the time so it made it tough for our stylish play....we should have just "bombing them with long balls or strike from distance"....and since we were thinly defended,they was very smart to keep attacking us in the dying minutes especially with us 10 players !.....

We depended too much on a comeback to win them !!!

lungless
05-12-2007, 07:09 AM
King, Rocha and Dervite are back! 3 centre halves they are:).....Each got 45mins during a 1-0 lost to Fulham in the reserves game. If King can sustain and Dervite improves, Spurs need not be looking at getting a Centre Back after all!!:)

andyk
05-12-2007, 04:58 PM

-> Latest news : Kaboul to be "loaned out" next month to build up his confidence after series of blunders !......

lungless
09-12-2007, 08:04 AM
Spurs to turn around the season today!:p::)

Spurs 3 Man City 1.....

lungless
10-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Final Score

Spurs 2 Man City 1:)

ANDYSIAO14
10-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Tottenham 2-1 Man City: Sub Defoe lifts Spurs
Jermain Defoe showed Sven-Goran Eriksson what he was missing at last year's World Cup by coming off the bench to earn Tottenham a 2-1 win and deny Manchester City a place in the top four.

Eriksson famously chose to take Theo Walcott rather than Defoe to Germany - and Defoe gained some sort of revenge at White Hart Lane.

With Spurs' top scorer Robbie Keane out for another two matches through suspension, he also offered head coach Juande Ramos an indication he is ready to step in.

The victory left City furious as they thought Spurs' opener was illegal.

Pascal Chimbonda looked offside when he broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time and even if it was not a punch that would have troubled City fan Ricky Hatton, the full-back did appear to use his arm.

Rolando Bianchi came off the bench to level matters in the second half but hopes of victory faded when Stephen Ireland was given a straight red card for a lunge on Young-Pyo Lee.

Defoe's winner came a minute later in the 83rd minute.

To rub salt in the wound, City knew they would have been back in the top four of the Barclays Premier League with a point.

But they were without the influence of Elano, the Brazil playmaker having failed to recover from a hamstring complaint, so their creativity came from Martin Petrov on the left wing.

Petrov's delivery from the flank went some way to explain why Dimitar Berbatov wanted his Bulgaria team-mate at White Hart Lane this summer.

However, with £8.8million striker Bianchi on the bench, Petrov only had Darius Vassell to aim for initially, giving Younes Kaboul time to settle after getting dropped for the midweek UEFA Cup clash against Anderlecht.

However, the young French defender's passing range was awful, and he was nowhere to be seen for City's equaliser.

At the other end, Darren Bent was wasteful. Berbatov's silky touches sent Bent through on goal in the ninth minute but Andreas Isaksson rushed out to save with his feet.

Javier Garrido picked up a booking for tripping Aaron Lennon, and from the resulting attack Berbatov was on the floor but managed to clip the ball through to Bent. He snatched at his shot with Jermaine Jenas waiting with an open goal in front of him.

Berbatov was full of invention, drilling a cross for Steed Malbranque to sweep a shot towards goal but Richard Dunne got himself in the way of the effort.

City showed pace on the break when Kelvin Etuhu, making his first start for the club, smashed into the side-netting, while Michael Johnson was patrolling the midfield area with authority on his return to action.

The opener came on the stroke of half-time, with Berbatov getting fouled on the touchline by a combination of Gelson Fernandes and Vedran Corluka. Jenas drilled the corner, Berbatov flicked and Chimbonda angered City with the finish off his arm - he also appeared to be standing in an offside position.

Eriksson responded by bringing on Bianchi for Etuhu just before the hour mark, with the substitute making an instant impact.

Spurs goalkeeper Paul Robinson would have been braced for a busy spell but he also had time to banter with the City fans, who dubbed him ``England's number four'' after his recent troubles at international level.

He could do nothing about Bianchi's equaliser, the Italian striker rising to thump home a header from Petrov's corner.

City were putting Spurs under intense pressure and Lee had to make a last-ditch clearance from another Petrov cross. Petrov also fizzed a long-range effort just wide.

The game turned when Ireland was given his straight red card by Mark Halsey for a slide on Lee.

Defoe grabbed the winner from the free-kick, with Malbranque curling a cross off the post and the substitute smashing the rebound between Micah Richards' legs.

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson got an immediate apology from Stephen Ireland after showing him a replay of his horror challenge that turned the game against Tottenham.

Ireland was given a straight red card by referee Mark Halsey for his lunge at Young-Pyo Lee, with Jermain Defoe grabbing the 83rd-minute winner from the free-kick which followed.

'When I saw it from the bench I thought it was harsh but looking at it in the dressing room I don't think we should complain about it,' said Eriksson after the 2-1 defeat. 'We should accept it.

'I took him in front of the laptop and when we saw it together there was nothing to say. Of course, he apologised and is sorry.'

Ireland has been no stranger to controversy this season, with the infamous 'Grannygate' saga while on international duty and also dropping his shorts after scoring against Sunderland.

But Eriksson is confident Ireland's unpredictable streak will not threaten his career.

'Stephen Ireland is a young, very good football player, and he will get better and better,' said the Swede.

'He should not have done the tackle but he did it - a week ago Robbie Keane did something similar and was sent off. They are great footballers. Sometimes adrenaline goes inches too high. It's not a problem, he plays a heavy price for it.'

Ireland's tackle, though, arguable cost City the point they needed to go back into the top four of the Barclays Premier League.

Rolando Bianchi had cancelled out Pascal Chimbonda's controversial opener.

Chimbonda appeared to be offside when he nudged in the game's first goal.

Even if it was not a punch that would have troubled City fan Ricky Hatton, the full-back did appear to use his arm to divert Dimitar Berbatov's flick on the stroke of half-time.

'It's nothing to discuss, the referees in this country are honest and always try to do their best,' Eriksson said.

Bianchi was brought on just before hour mark and made an instant impact, thudding home a header from Martin Petrov's corner.

City looked like seizing the initiative until Ireland's tackle.

Defoe came off the bench to show Eriksson what he was missing when he left him out of England's World Cup squad last years.

'It's a little bit late if he wants to prove a point to me today - I will not be the next man for the job,' said Eriksson.

'He is one of the better strikers but the situation, which was a long time ago, was that he didn't play many games during the year. That was the reason why I took one who almost never played. I gambled. That was the reason. Of course he is a good player.'

Defoe has struggled for starts but with Robbie Keane suspended for another two matches can expect a run in the starting XI.

'It's true that Defoe definitely helps the team when he comes on,' said Spurs head coach Juande Ramos.

'But I have four centre forwards I have to choose between. He's one of them.

'Obviously we now only have three forwards to choose from so the minutes will get shared around - mathematically he has more chance of playing.

'There's no one, two, three or four in order. We simply have four centre-forwards to play in two positions, so two can play each game and two have to sit it out.'

The win puts Spurs up to 13th in the table after a series of late goals cost them points.

'We've lost some very important points in last minutes of games, or in injury-time,' added Ramos.

'We hope this is a turning point which gives us an impetus to go further up the table.'-soccernet

Castrol
10-12-2007, 10:16 AM
DEFOE for ENGLAND!

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7544430_7_2.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur's Jermaine Jenas (right) appeals to the referee as he sits beside Manchester City forward Darius Vassell.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7544432_7_2.jpg
Tottenham Hotspur's Didier Zokora (left) clashes with Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson. Spurs won the game 2-1.

andyk
10-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey SPURS Bros,

Was glad that DEFOE kicked in the winner...and was so very concerned that Man City may upset us with equaliser in the dying minutes !

Last game with Birmingham,they got the winner with BERBA defending & last nite it was BENT's poor marking that let Man City scored...Yup,still lots of work for RAMOS to do for our team !

Also noted that several players liked ZOKORA,CHIMBONDA,LENNON are doing well ! And thought that it was important that we won last nite's game to give us the confidence & momentum up the table !.....

But still lots of hard work to do for RAMOS & POYET !!!

Come On U SPURS !
Andyk

andyk
15-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey Spurs Bros,

Guessed U guys must be very busy or on holiday since there have been no recent postings ! :D

It'll be a very,very tough game tonite ! There will be ex-Spurs player liked Mendes,Paramot & Davis & also David James that will luv to beat Spurs !...And playing them away is certainly almost impossible for us to win since we have a poor away record !...

And most pundits have predicted Spurs will lose 2 - 1 or 3 - 2....and i really prayed that RAMOS have some interesting tactics to upset the host esp the way they played against Villa......Damn ! It's going to be tough going !!!

Come On U SPURS !
Andyk

andyk
16-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Ole Ole SPURS !!!

We really well last nite & made all those who predicted a home win....We should be playing the same winning team but maybe Defoe should start ahead of Bent...as Defoe looked really "hungry & more determined"........

Finally Zokora is really proving that he's a good buy for us ! So versatile player & last nite he was everywhere ! And really liked to see more of O'Hara...as his passes was good !.....

Many thanks SPURS,U guys made my sunday feel so good !!!

Cheers !
Andyk

Cum_Luver
16-12-2007, 12:22 PM
congr on your away win last night against Portsmouth..
well done...:)

Castrol
17-12-2007, 09:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7567876_7_1.jpg
Dimitar Berbatov (right) of Tottenham Hotspur is tackled by Sol Campbell of Portsmouth during their Premier League match at Fratton Park on December 15, 2007 in Portsmouth, England.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7567324_7_1.jpg
Dimitar Berbatov of Tottenham scores against Portsmouth.

andyk
17-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hot Topic - Who's IN & Who's OUT next month ?

Due to current & potential injuries,RAMOS really have no other options but to make decisions for "much needed new players for covers mostly in defence esp LB & Central position".....and even rumours on another goalie in case Robinson's form dipped.....

Coming away games against Man City & Arsenal will be very tough games & definitely a true test to how good RAMOS & POYET are....psyching up them & tactics to win these games !...

Man City will definitely want "revenge" after losing to us at WHL & with Arsenal's hot form...probably we need the "best of the best team's efforts" to beat them !!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On U SPURS !

Cum_Luver
19-12-2007, 06:50 AM
another good performance by Tottenham.
Manchester City 0 Tottenham 2 (English Carling Cup Quarter-Final)

lungless
19-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Man City 0 Spurs 2 Well done you lilywhites!

Next game against arsenal will be a true test on the grit and ability of the young Spurs Team. Will Spurs do well against its nemesis? Watch and we'll find out:)

I have mentioned many times that Spurs have many gems in its team - from the academy to the first team. Kaboul is showing some resemblence of class and RAMOS and POYET are introducing Ohara and Taraabt into the team....Boateng already playing many games now...there are more gems that can be unlocked/unleashed. Zokora is playing near to his best again as shown during the last World Cup. Buying new players aren't always the best policy during midseason as they do need the time to get into the Spurs system. I rather see a player already in Spurs set up to be given the chance as they already been in the system. Next Up i would like to see the likes of Phil Ifil and Danny Rose given the chance to be in the team! Go you Lilywhites!

andyk
20-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Most glad that RAMOS & POYET have been bringing out the best from the current squad that he had "inherited" from JOL...Come Jan,2008 i predict that there will not be too many changes except only the LB position and maybe another "world class striker" since there's still no news that DEFOE will sign contract extention & uncertainly over BERBA...BENT still not top form yet !...

Yesterday's game against Man City showed the true character of some players liked immatured DEFOE waving angryly at RAMOS...BERBA playing tireless the lone striker & there were so many "heroes"...and most impressed with O'Hara again for providing the pass for our second goal ! What a beauty !.....

And what a game ahead we will have against Arsenal !!! I'm really looking forward to this game as i liked to see how RAMOS can outwit WENGER now that he's SPURS no.1 !

Come On U SPURS !
Andyk

andyk
20-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Latest - SPURS vs ARSENAL in CARLING CUP SEMIs on on 9/1 away & home on 22/1....It's a repeat of last season semi except we play them away then WHL...maybe this time we can reverse it by taking revenge beating them to the finals !!!...

Will be damn exciting semi's & by then KING will be back !!!

This saturday's game will be a "true test game" for us !!!

lungless
21-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Most glad that RAMOS & POYET have been bringing out the best from the current squad that he had "inherited" from JOL...Come Jan,2008 i predict that there will not be too many changes except only the LB position and maybe another "world class striker" since there's still no news that DEFOE will sign contract extention & uncertainly over BERBA...BENT still not top form yet !...

Yesterday's game against Man City showed the true character of some players liked immatured DEFOE waving angryly at RAMOS...BERBA playing tireless the lone striker & there were so many "heroes"...and most impressed with O'Hara again for providing the pass for our second goal ! What a beauty !.....

And what a game ahead we will have against Arsenal !!! I'm really looking forward to this game as i liked to see how RAMOS can outwit WENGER now that he's SPURS no.1 !

Come On U SPURS !
Andyk

Haha bro, your predictions always change:D:p Does Spurs have a problem with striking option? Spurs still have highly talented Pekhat, Hardworking Barnard to recall, also Radwan Hamed and Andrew Barcham waiting in line:)

andyk
21-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Haha bro, your predictions always change:D:p Does Spurs have a problem with striking option? Spurs still have highly talented Pekhat, Hardworking Barnard to recall, also Radwan Hamed and Andrew Barcham waiting in line:)

-> Yes,BRO,we may have several young players but they are really "untested" and we can't compare with Arsenal & Man U using their 2nd team with all their young players...wish we can do that one day !...

And on striking problem...both BENT & BERBA still not having their peak performance yet & Man U & Curbs creating "mind games" on targeting them !

And what if we dun make it to Europe next season,BERBA staying or not ?

We always need to prepare ahead of any changes & the unexpected liked injuries,etc...

So why DEFOE is still not signing the contract extension ???

andyk
22-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Derby Game vs Arsenal

So far i have read predictionsfor scores liked - Draw 2 - 2 & Loss 1 - 2

Probably they are all thinking of Spurs depleted defence due to injuries & ZOKORA red card suspension...What will RAMOS plan to do about this ? Play HUDDS there too ?

Really looking forward to this tough game especially with Arsenal riding high so if we can get any points,we must really salute to RAMOS & POYET !

It's trilogy of games with Arsenal tonite,then Carling Cup semi's...wa ! dreaming & praying that my beloved SPURS will play well !

Come On U SPURS !
Andyk

Castrol
24-12-2007, 11:07 AM
heartbreaking... but in my heart spurs won the game. the lily whites fought so hard, the new left footed player o'hara is not bad at all but i am not sure if he is supposed to be a natural winger or central midfielder.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7594386_7_1.jpg
Arsenal's Danish Striker Nicklas Bendtner scores the winning goal against Tottenham. Arsenal won 2-1.

yinyang
24-12-2007, 12:26 PM
heartbreaking... but in my heart spurs won the game. the lily whites fought so hard, the new left footed player o'hara is not bad at all
Yo, I near busted my lungs cheering cockerels (vested interests:o). Fair to say Keane's xmas miss changed the match's fortunes.. kns. Even voted for O'hara as MOTM

Castrol
24-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Yo, I near busted my lungs cheering cockerels (vested interests:o). Fair to say Keane's xmas miss changed the match's fortunes.. kns. Even voted for O'hara as MOTM

both keane and berbatov really have to start scoring again, there's still time for another top 5 finish! :D

andyk
24-12-2007, 04:37 PM
both keane and berbatov really have to start scoring again, there's still time for another top 5 finish! :D

-> Yes BRO,i really,really hope U are right about this because i think probably the only hope is not the league but on our Cup competition success to Europe next season !!!......

Merry X'mas BRO & other SPURS BROS !!!
Andyk

Castrol
24-12-2007, 05:03 PM
-> Yes BRO,i really,really hope U are right about this because i think probably the only hope is not the league but on our Cup competition success to Europe next season !!!......

Merry X'mas BRO & other SPURS BROS !!!
Andyk

a white snowy christmas to all lily white supporters! :D

Ajax block Spurs' £7m move for Emanuelson

Ajax left-back Urby Emanuelson has been told he can forget about a possible transfer to Tottenham in January.

Technical director Martin van Geel confirmed the Dutch giants had rejected an official approach from the Premier League club earlier this week. He added: 'We don't have that many defenders this season so we will not agree to let a player like Emanuelson go in the winter break.'

It has been reported Tottenham would be prepared to pay around £7million for Emanuelson, who has played mainly in midfield under coach Adrie Koster.

Spanish side Valencia have also shown an interest in the 21-year-old, but have not made an official bid.

andyk
25-12-2007, 03:08 PM
a white snowy christmas to all lily white supporters! :D

Ajax block Spurs' £7m move for Emanuelson

Ajax left-back Urby Emanuelson has been told he can forget about a possible transfer to Tottenham in January.

Technical director Martin van Geel confirmed the Dutch giants had rejected an official approach from the Premier League club earlier this week. He added: 'We don't have that many defenders this season so we will not agree to let a player like Emanuelson go in the winter break.'

It has been reported Tottenham would be prepared to pay around £7million for Emanuelson, who has played mainly in midfield under coach Adrie Koster.

Spanish side Valencia have also shown an interest in the 21-year-old, but have not made an official bid.

->> We welcome CHRIS GUNTER from CARDIFF / another exciting Under 21 WALES central defender to our SPURS family !

->> We have upped our bid for Emanuelson also a exciting defender so let's wait for the good news !!

Come On U SPURS !!!
Andyk ;)

Cum_Luver
25-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Spurs is in fantastic form, very unlucky to lose to Arsenal in the North London's Derby.
Tomorrow, 26 Dec 07 - Boxing Day, have another London's Derby against Fulham.
Should win with ease, i am going for a 3-1 or 3-0 win at Pools...

Castrol
26-12-2007, 05:08 PM
lets support spurs against fulham tonight at 9pm live on our beloved starhub bleed and pay premium channel. :D

spurs 3 fulham 0

andyk
26-12-2007, 05:36 PM
lets support spurs against fulham tonight at 9pm live on our beloved starhub bleed and pay premium channel. :D

spurs 3 fulham 0

-> Hey BRO,still want to invite for SPURS game but unfortunately i have dinner arrangements later.So let's keep in touch on this ok !...I'm definitely no NATO guy ! - ( No action,talk only ! )

-> Yes,after our unlucky loss to Arsenal,our opponents Fulham who's managerless can expect a backlash from our ever improving SPURS team !
And i'll go for 3 - 0 too !!!

Come On U SPURS !
Andyk ;)

Shiokday
26-12-2007, 05:50 PM
spurs 3 fulham 0

din see ur this post...just posted in another thread the same score line as you...looks like is spot on liao...G6 Bro.:)

andyk
26-12-2007, 11:19 PM
"HOT" SPURS 5 - FULHAM - 1

So far probably the best game played this season by our beloved SPURS team !....Great 2 goals each by KEANE & HUDDS & 1 for DEFOE !!!...We should have "protected" of right defence more as they kept attacking from the left....again we couldn't keep a clean sheet...

Glad that RAMOS was resting both BERBA & KEANE for coming games & playing more our starlets liked BOATENG,O'HARA & TAARABT....Hope to see more of them !!!...

After 5 - 1 win,there was still no smiles from RAMOS...this guy is so focused on winning big & major games & that's great for SPURS !

Can have a good nite sleep & wake up feeling good with our win !!!

Thank U very much,SPURS !!!
Andyk ;)

Cum_Luver
27-12-2007, 11:18 AM
oh yeah, another good performance and win by Spur..
congratulation to all who won on their bets..

5-1 the odds was very good at Pools ;)

Castrol
28-12-2007, 02:52 PM
din see ur this post...just posted in another thread the same score line as you...looks like is spot on liao...G6 Bro.:)

haha what a scoreline bro! it was like spurs will never stop scoring.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7604106_7_1.jpg
Clint Dempsey of Fulham is challenged by Ledley King of Tottenham Hotspur during the Barclays Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham at White Hart Lane in London, England.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7603822_7_1.jpg
Tom Huddlestone (right) of Tottenham Hotspur celebrates scoring his sides second goal with team mates Robbie Keane (center) and Jamie O'Hara (left). Tottenham ran out 5-1 winners.

its reading time tomorrow night 2300hrs. dont you all wish your teams are hot like spurs, dont you? :D

Shiokday
28-12-2007, 03:20 PM
haha what a scoreline bro! it was like spurs will never stop scoring.

its reading time tomorrow night 2300hrs. dont you all wish your teams are hot like spurs, dont you? :D

haha...if another goal from spurs would have been a AOS...:D

I like Reading but against Spurs at White Hart Lane i have doubts...I hope Reading can steal a point and end with a 2-2...:p

andyk
28-12-2007, 09:52 PM
SPURS vs READING

Since it's WHL we should keep our winning momentum going as there's still lots of hard work needed since we actually at the lower half of league table...And this season if we can climb back to the top 5 then RAMOS is definitely our best "buys"....into our SPURS team !....

My gut feel is : SPURS 2 - Reading 1

Come On U SPURS !!!
Andyk ;)

ANDYSIAO14
30-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Spurs won 6-4!!!:)

Good payout at spore pools (AOS):eek:

opening odds at $$45 dropped to $$35:)

any lucky bros frm SBF tiok???

easily bet $$10 kana $$350!!!!!!!:D

Cum_Luver
30-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Spurs won 6-4!!!:)

Good payout at spore pools (AOS):eek:

opening odds at $$45 dropped to $$35:)

any lucky bros frm SBF tiok???

easily bet $$10 kana $$350!!!!!!!:D

bro, congratulation on your winning, noticed that you have been winning quite frequently on recent matches...
you are damn good lah !

andyk
30-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Round ( 1 ) - SPURS - 6 READING - 4

Juz watced the delayed telecast & What a crazy & extraordinary game !!!

BERBA was sensational & LEVY will definitely will NOT consider selling him even if MAN U offer us NANI....He play well,SPURS play better !!!

Also credit goes to RAMOS for his Sub decisions that changed the direction of the game...But what an end to 2007 with this fantastic thriller !!!

Also many thanks SPURS for making the last sunday of 2007 a happy sunday !!!

Cheers !
Andyk ;)

Castrol
31-12-2007, 03:13 PM
haha...if another goal from spurs would have been a AOS...:D

I like Reading but against Spurs at White Hart Lane i have doubts...I hope Reading can steal a point and end with a 2-2...:p

bro, 2-2 is if they play for 30mins only hahaha... its becoming like royal rumble in white hart lane these days! :D

SALUTE!
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7613090_7_2.jpg
Dimitar Berbatov of Spurs applauds the fans after scoring four goals against Reading as Spurs defeated the Royals 6-4 in a wild back-and-forth encounter at White Hart Lane.

Cum_Luver
31-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Spurs is like a loose n hungry cockrel...involved in 2 high scoring games
Tottenham 5-1 Fulham
Tottenham 6-4 Reading

dun know whether tomorrow away against Aston Villa, what kind of mood, Spurs will be, another high scoring match.

AOS for correct score is 45
Total Goals 9+ now at 70 from 85

andyk
31-12-2007, 06:36 PM
BERBA - Deal Or No Deal ???

RAMOS have mentioned that he can't assured if BERBA will be with SPURS....LEVY have reassured that none will be sold this Jan window...

But if MAN U will offer 25mil for him & his stupid agent is telling the press that he's already 27 & SPURS had a bad start & BERBA wants to end the season with a Cup winning team,etc,etc...

Juz can't stand all this "biz mind games" that the agent is trying to upped BERBA's market value...especially after scoring 4 goals !...

My gut feel - BERBA will play on for SPURS till end of the season & quit if we don't win any Cups or play in Europe next season !!!

What do U guys think ??

Wishing U the very best for 2008 !!!
Andyk ;)

andyk
01-01-2008, 06:08 PM
BERBA - Deal Or No Deal ???

RAMOS have mentioned that he can't assured if BERBA will be with SPURS....LEVY have reassured that none will be sold this Jan window...

But if MAN U will offer 25mil for him & his stupid agent is telling the press that he's already 27 & SPURS had a bad start & BERBA wants to end the season with a Cup winning team,etc,etc...

Juz can't stand all this "biz mind games" that the agent is trying to upped BERBA's market value...especially after scoring 4 goals !...

My gut feel - BERBA will play on for SPURS till end of the season & quit if we don't win any Cups or play in Europe next season !!!

What do U guys think ??

Wishing U the very best for 2008 !!!
Andyk ;)

CHELSEA WANTS BERBA FOR 26MIL ! - SUN.........

Let's sell him & move on...as he holding us at ransom liked without him,we will have big problems !!!...And let RAMOS decide who to replace him with the "funds from the sale !...And also sell DEFOE if he refuses to sign the contract this month !....better than he walk away liked Sol Campbell & get nothing....

Shiokday
02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
bro, 2-2 is if they play for 30mins only hahaha... its becoming like royal rumble in white hart lane these days! :D

hahaha...only if SGpools has odds for exact score at specific time period...:p

Castrol
03-01-2008, 01:39 PM
what goes up must come down... :(

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7625466_7_1.jpg
Martin Laursen of Aston Villa scores the winning goal against Spurs at Villa Park. The Villans won the match 2-1.

Adidas020108
04-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Tottenham should again win against Reading in the FA Cup.
But do not think will be high scoring again.

Tottenham 3 Reading 1

Castrol
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Tottenham should again win against Reading in the FA Cup.
But do not think will be high scoring again.

Tottenham 3 Reading 1

it was 2-2, who knows how many goals the replay will produce.

we want DEFOE! we want DEFOE! :D

ESPN - Defoe told he can leave Spurs

Jermain Defoe has revealed he has been told he can leave Tottenham Hotspur by manager Juande Ramos but insists he wants to stay at the north London club.

The England striker's contract runs out in the summer and he has been linked with a move away from White Hart Lane after failing to command a regular starting spot under Ramos since his arrival from Sevilla.

However, the 25-year-old is adamant he wants to remain in north London and wants to become a first-team regular. Defoe told The Sun: 'The manager has said I can leave if I want - but I want to prove him wrong. I want to stay here.

'He called me into his office and told me. At first I thought it was a joke, I thought he was going to say I would be starting against Arsenal in the Carling Cup which was why he didn't give me a game against Reading at the weekend.

'But he just said `You can leave if you want to.' Yet I have no intentions of leaving this club because I love it here. 'I would love to sign a new contract - and I know people at the top of the club want me to stay. 'But no-one can expect me to sign a new deal if I can't get a game.'

Cum_Luver
11-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Chelsea 1 Tottenham 2

this will be the best chance for Spurs to gain an win against their London's rival..

Castrol
14-01-2008, 05:45 PM
chelsea 2 spurs 0

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7666972_7_1.jpg
Juliano Belletti of Chelsea shoots on his way to scoring the opening goal against Tottenham.

what a long range special from belletti! the other one was from little swp.

O'shiok
15-01-2008, 08:41 PM
My predictions for tonight: Tottenham should win with a score of 2-1.

Good luck to all bros!

Qimonda
16-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Spurs 2 - Reading 0

Castrol
21-01-2008, 05:55 PM
spurs 2 sunderland 0

the black cats' poor away form already told us the scoreline in WHL will be at least something like that. but its a good thing robbie scored the last minute 2nd goal, otherwise my $50 (give 1.5 at 1.87) will be gone.

wed morning is another spurs victory against arsenal in the league cup semi-final 2nd leg. go get it at 2.33 from spore pools! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7695430_7_1.jpg
Jermaine Jenas (left) of Tottenham Hotspur is tackled by Paul McShane of Sunderland. Spurs won the game 2-0.

lets cheers to king kev in st james park again. i always liked his style.
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7696808_7_1.jpg

Cum_Luver
22-01-2008, 11:09 AM
oh yeah, thanks to Spurs..

hope they can and will qualify for the Carling Cup Final by beating their North London's rival Arsenal...

i think Spurs should be abled to win this leg and qualify for the final.
Robbie is on fire right now...

Cum_Luver
23-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Full-Time Result:

Tottenham Hotspur 5-1 Arsenal

will try to catch the replay...congratulation to all Spurs' fans and supporters...
Ramos is another cup's specialist...
who will they meet in the Carling Cup's Final ???

linnaohia1
23-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Congrats to all Spurs Hunks and Babes :cool:

Castrol
23-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Spurs 5 arsenal 1
league cup final coming!

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7707326_18_1.jpg
Spurs ended a nine-year winless streak against Arsenal on Tuesday to reach the Carling Cup final with a 5-1 victory.

Tottenham ended a nine-year winless streak against Arsenal on Tuesday to reach the English League Cup final with a 5-1 victory.

Jermaine Jenas, Nicklas Bendtner's own-goal, Robbie Keane and Aaron Lennon put Spurs 4-0 ahead before Emmanuel Adebayor replied for Arsenal.
Steed Malbranque then added a goal in injury time to give Spurs a 6-2 aggregate victory.

The end of Arsenal's record 21-match unbeaten run against its north London rival means three-time League Cup winner Tottenham will play either defending champion Chelsea or Everton in the Feb. 24 final at Wembley.

The other two teams play the second leg of their semifinal on Wednesday, with Chelsea leading 2-1 from its home match.

"To beat a team like Arsenal you have to play well," Tottenham manager Juande Ramos said. "The team did not make any mistakes and was perfect in every area.

"The effort the players put in means they are the architects of this win."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insisted the size of defeat, the Gunners' largest to Tottenham since 1983, was unwarranted.

"The score is high and very brutal but does not reflect what we saw on the pitch," Wenger said. "They defend like mad and they catch us on the break."

Hampered by injuries, Arsenal made three changes from the first leg, drafting in the experienced William Gallas, striker Bendtner and first-team fullback Bacary Sagna to boost a young team that could only draw its home leg 1-1 two weeks ago.

Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva had first effort in third minute, firing high and wide from about 20 yards seconds before Jenas gave Spurs the lead with a solo effort.

Jenas picked up the ball from Dimitar Berbatov about 40 yards from goal and drove through the Arsenal defense to shoot from the edge of the area, across goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski and in off the post.

Whenever Arsenal countered, usually down the left through Abou Diaby or Armand Traore, Lennon and Keane backtracked to slow the move.

Jenas and the defensive Teemu Tainio, who was Tottenham's only change from the first leg, harried an Arsenal midfield that contained Cesc Fabregas after the 18th minute.

Fabregas replaced the injured Denilson but was unable to replicate the form that has brought him 11 goals this season.

Bendtner had a shot over the bar and Arsenal forced a couple of corners, but Keane collected a pass down the line from Malbranque at the other end and wrestled past a defender before his shot from a narrow angle was blocked on the line.

Justin Hoyte dragged down Keane on the left side in the 27th, and Jenas curled a right-footed free kick toward Michael Dawson in the area, only for Bendtner to head into the top corner of his own goal.

Knowing that they wasted a two-goal lead against Arsenal before being eliminated at the same stage last season, Spurs pressed for more goals and Berbatov hit the post after breaking in alone.

Arsenal seemed set to make the most of its escape when Tottenham goalkeeper Radek Cerny had to tip a header over the bar and Diaby, jeered by the home fans for falling in the area after a tackle by Pascal Chimbonda, shot wide from edge of area and over the bar a minute later.

Jenas shot into the side netting in first-half injury time and, when Arsenal started the second period by creating a constant pressure, it seemed Tottenham would again regret its missed chances.

But from Spurs' first attack of the half, Lennon looped a pass forward to Keane, who hit a shot through Fabianski's hands for his 101st club goal.

Arsenal responded immediately with Bendtner hitting an overhead kick onto the bar and Fabregas forcing Cerny to save the rebound.

It was nearly 4-0 in the 50th when Fabianski let a shot by Malbranque slip through his hands but managed to recover to smother the midfielder's follow from the rebound.

But Tottenham managed another goal 10 minutes later from a counterattack spurred by Chimbonda passing wide to Lennon, who let the ball run to Keane.

The striker passed back to the speedy winger, and he shot under Fabianski to send the majority of the 35,979 fans wild.

With the game safe, Ramos was able to remove Berbatov and Keane in the 63rd to rest them for an FA Cup match at Manchester United on Sunday.

Wenger inserted strikers Adebayor and Eduardo da Silva at the same time as Ramos made his changes.

Adebayor lashed a 70th-minute shot into the top corner for a consolation, but was unable to create any more openings and even had to be separated from Bendtner after an altercation with his teammate.

Wenger slumped into his seat dejected, while Ramos continued to cajole his team from the touchline and, after consulting bilingual assistant Gus Poyet, the Spaniard responded to the Tottenham fans' chants for a wave.

The fans then were cheering again in injury time when Malbranque scored from close range after a cross by Jenas.

"It's been a long time since they've had the flavor of a final, so that makes it much more satisfying," Ramos said.

Castrol
01-02-2008, 06:16 PM
spurs vs man united tomorrow 2300hrs.

come on you spurs, screw the red card, vengeance will be sweet in white hart lane! :D

yinyang
02-02-2008, 10:46 AM
..come on you spurs, screw the red card, vengeance will be sweet in white hart lane!
Cockerels put red devils to the sword?:p

Cum_Luver
02-02-2008, 01:20 PM
yo bro Castrol and bro yinyang,

i am expecting a thrilling match and lot of goals from this match...
both Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United are attacking teams...

Cum_Luver
03-02-2008, 05:03 AM
brothers,

MU is very lucky to get away with an draw...

yinyang
03-02-2008, 02:11 PM
..MU is very lucky to get away with an draw...
Cockerels put red devils to the sword?
Full marks to spurs for outplaying us and shackling ours.:cool: Even had to get rid of scholey/giggsy to make room for nani/anderson. My earlier post was a bad omen, almost kena slayed. To salvage so late into stoppage time, was cruel to spurs. To think I almost made a sad beeline for the loo before all the posturing for corner:o

Himerus
03-02-2008, 02:46 PM
bro yinyang,

a bit cruel but that what normally a championship is won beside the strength,spirit,teamwork,skill and etc, a bit of luck lor.

hawksbay
03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
bro yinyang,

a bit cruel but that what normally a championship is won beside the strength,spirit,teamwork,skill and etc, a bit of luck lor.

spurs deserved better than a draw last nite,u guys had them by the balls last nite:pbut luck sumtimes wins titles n the scums have had them all season.led by the dictator ur team is begining to take shape,wish u guys all the best in the carling cup final,i guess u guys r destine to win it.:)

sinfulguy
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought ref a bit kelong lah....second half where ot 4 mins extra time?????First half already played till 48 mins....

LiverPOO
04-02-2008, 09:56 PM
spurs deserved better than a draw last nite,u guys had them by the balls last nite:pbut luck sumtimes wins titles n the scums have had them all season.

at least man utd dont need ref help to deny spurs of a win. unlike scums who need ref make sure they get 1st league win in 2008.

I thought ref a bit kelong lah....second half where ot 4 mins extra time?????First half already played till 48 mins....

other ref also kelong. he pity rafa bendhisass so much so that he deny sunderland of 2 clear penalties. if england need another goalie capello can recall carragher after his fantastic save.

hawksbay
04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
at least man utd dont need ref help to deny spurs of a win. unlike scums who need ref make sure they get 1st league win in 2008.

other ref also kelong. he pity rafa bendhisass so much so that he deny sunderland of 2 clear penalties. if england need another goalie capello can recall carragher after his fantastic save.

ya true but spurs still at them by the balls n we got the 3 points:p

Castrol
06-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Cockerels put red devils to the sword?:p

yo bro Castrol and bro yinyang,

i am expecting a thrilling match and lot of goals from this match...
both Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United are attacking teams...

well bros, the cockerels tried to nip 3 points but the devils may care. never a dull moment this match, the last second strike by tevez was really unbearable to watch. it would have been a remarkable win against a great side. anyway, a 1 goal lead never looked enough throughout the night.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7749338_7_1.jpg
Edwin Van der Sar of United runs to appeal to the assistant referee after Dimitar Berbatov of Tottenham opened the scoring during the Barclays Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United at White Hart Lane in London, England.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7749372_7_2.jpg
Tottenham's Robbie Keane (right) vies with Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand (left). Both teams played to a 1-1 draw.

andyk
06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Hello SPURS Buddies !
Wishing all those celebrating Lunar New Year - "all the Very Best For The Year Of The RAT !!! Lots of Soccer Bet Winnings All Year Round !!!

Cheers !
Andyk ;)

Chivas Regal
25-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Chelsea (Full-Time)

Tottenham Hotspur had won the English Carling Cup after Jonathan Woodgate scored with a header from a free-kick in extra-time.

A.E.T Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Chelsea...

Congratulation To All Spurs' Fans !!!

Xgenre
25-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Congrats to all Spurs fans. Well Done on your league cup victory. Hope this will be the start of better things for you guys from now on. Ramos rocks...

beck7777
25-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Congrats to all Spurs fans!

Not a classic but can tell its gonna be Spurs Cup after the equaliser..
Chelsea doesnt seem to play to win only after Woodgate scored!

After years of fustration, congrats to you all again! :D

nacho
25-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Congrats to all Spurs fans. Well Done on your league cup victory. Hope this will be the start of better things for you guys from now on. Ramos rocks...

Congrats to all Spurs fans!

Not a classic but can tell its gonna be Spurs Cup after the equaliser..
Chelsea doesnt seem to play to win only after Woodgate scored!

After years of fustration, congrats to you all again! :D

Bro, thanks for the congrat message ...... finally there is a piece of silverware in the cupboard after a long long time.

darkafac
25-02-2008, 09:31 AM
congrats to spurs!! well done to them in the final.. maybe they can prove to get the 4th postion in this season :)

machoman
25-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Congrats to Juande Ramos & Tottenham Hotspur for winning the Carling Cup!!!

http://67.15.8.113/CPS.MMZ16.240208200300.photo00.quicklook.default-245x154.jpg http://67.15.8.113/CPS.MMZ16.240208200300.photo02.quicklook.default-245x206.jpg

Castrol
25-02-2008, 05:42 PM
its not the FA cup... but a cup is a cup! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7836260_7_1.jpg
Hip hooray!
Captain Ledley King of Tottenham Hotspur (left) lifts the trophy with Robbie Keane.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7835200_7_1.jpg
Robbie Keane of Tottenham Hotspur leads the celebrations following victory during the Carling Cup Final between Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea at Wembley Stadium. Tottenham Hotspur won 2-1 after extra time.

Castrol
25-02-2008, 05:59 PM
my man of the match is ledley king. he seems to be back in his good old super stopper form.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7836158_7_1.jpg

hawksbay
25-02-2008, 10:46 PM
its not the FA cup... but a cup is a cup! :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7836260_7_1.jpg
Hip hooray!
Captain Ledley King of Tottenham Hotspur (left) lifts the trophy with Robbie Keane.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7835200_7_1.jpg
Robbie Keane of Tottenham Hotspur leads the celebrations following victory during the Carling Cup Final between Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea at Wembley Stadium. Tottenham Hotspur won 2-1 after extra time.

who the hell cares a trophy is a trophy,i told u guys spurs name was written on the cup,congrats hope u guys will stick with ramos n built a team worthy of spurs,n spare a tot for martin jol wherever he is.:D

Spurslover
26-02-2008, 04:45 PM
It's the 1st competitive Trophy of the Session, besides the charity shield. We have won, but the more important task is coming. We need to concentrate on the UEFA Cup and the Premiership. Spurs will do well with more consistency in all departments.

Well Done You Spurs...

Cheers
Spurslover.

Castrol
03-03-2008, 05:52 PM
birmingham 4 spurs 1

yes, due to the hangover from the league cup final celebrations. :D

Spurslover
10-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Match Report from ESPNSoccernet:ESPNsoccernet - Report: Tottenham vs West Ham - English Premier League (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=220578&cc=4716)

Dimitar Berbatov's two headers helped Tottenham towards victory at White Hart Lane as West Ham boss Alan Curbishley suffered his third consecutive 4-0 defeat.

Berbatov netted both of his goals early in the first half of the Barclays Premier League clash, with hopes of a Hammers comeback virtually ending when Luis Boa Morte was dismissed just before the break.

Gilberto came off the bench and added a third before Darren Bent headed a fourth.

Spurs head coach Juande Ramos has now completed a London treble this season, defeating Arsenal and Chelsea in the Carling Cup and now bitter rivals West Ham.

It also ended Spurs' run of back-to-back defeats ahead of their UEFA Cup trip to PSV Eindhoven.

But West Ham's slump continued, following 4-0 defeats to Chelsea and Liverpool last week.

Their poor run saw Curbishley wake up to reports of his job being insecure. His response was to pick an attacking formation that fans have been craving this season.

Dean Ashton and Bobby Zamora were paired up front but, despite the latter being unfortunate with an early chance, they made little impact throughout.

Zamora took advantage of a Paul Robinson fumble but saw his finish loop over off team-mate Boa Morte.

Going into the clash in 10th and 11th, both teams knew they would not move up or down the table with victory or defeat. With the Carling Cup securing European football next season, Spurs have been accused of neglecting league matters.

'It is a matter of us showing professionalism,' said Ramos in his programme notes.

The Spaniard emphasised his point by picking a strong side, with just Ledley King rested and Jermaine Jenas out with a twisted ankle.

They were ahead after eight minutes, although Curbishley was protesting to fourth official Uriah Rennie near the tunnel and missed Berbatov's opener.

The Hammers boss was furious that Jonathan Spector, in place of injured Matthew Upson, had been penalised for a foul on Berbatov.

Tom Huddlestone swung over a free-kick from the right flank and Berbatov's header on the penalty spot skidded past Robert Green into the far corner.

The Spurs pair combined again three minutes later from the opposite flank with the same outcome. Berbatov's header this time beating Green at the near post.

It was too much for Freddie Ljungberg, who threw a water bottle to the touchline in disgust, while Alan Hutton was on the receiving end of a spiteful late tackle.

Huddlestone, creator of the first two, then almost added to the scoring when he got on the end of Aaron Lennon's cross, but his header was too high.

Boa Morte picked up his first booking after persistent fouling, and he was constantly battling with Hutton and Robbie Keane. Keane, in turn, angered Hammers fans with a gesture towards his own supporters acknowledging the recent Carling Cup triumph.

Steed Malbranque was the next to try his luck but his angled drive went wide of Green's post. Green also saved a Berbatov volley when another Huddlestone set-piece caused problems.

Boa Morte received his second yellow card a minute from half-time for a foul on Lennon.

There did not appear to be any complaints from the West Ham bench but Curbishley had words with referee Chris Foy in the tunnel at half-time, protesting about the foul leading up to the opener.

Huddlestone's effort went just wide early in the second half, while Ashton went over at the other end with a shot from the edge of the penalty area and Lucas Neill tested Robinson from a similar distance.

'We've only got 10 men,' chanted the West Ham fans. Despite the visitors applying pressure, Spurs could have added a third through Keane and Lennon when they broke.

Gilberto was brought on for Malbranque just before the hour mark for his Premier League debut, and Bent was given a run in place of Keane.

The third came when Gilberto scored with a shot on the turn, with six minutes remaining, after Lennon had dummied a Pascal Chimbonda pass. Bent added the fourth with a stoppage-time header.

Curbs: We must stop the rot

Alan Curbishley is hopeful that his board understand the injury crisis he has faced as West Ham's season threatens to fizzle out following a third 4-0 defeat in a row.

Curbishley woke up to reports suggesting his job may be insecure, although he feels his board are sympathetic about the problems he has had with players missing during his first full campaign at the club.

'I think they are realistic about it but we'll have to see on that score because it's a results business,' the Hammers boss said.

'Up until this week we hadn't been too bad so we'll have to bounce back.'

He added: 'We're in football and nothing surprises anybody but I would have thought (they would understand). They are realistic about what has gone on. They get the update every Monday of the injury situation.

'Any other team that has had six or seven out every week would find it difficult. You can see the difference in teams with settled sides.'

Anton Ferdinand was to blame for Berbatov's two goals, both free headers from Tom Huddlestone free-kicks.

'He was nowhere to be seen,' said Curbishley.

'He's got to dig in, he gave a penalty away against Chelsea early in the game and put us on the back foot.

'You can't allow centre-forwards to have free headers.

'Berbatov didn't have to jump. Then straight away there was another one. It's difficult to come back from it.'

Curbishley was upset with Jonathan Spector being penalised for fouling Berbatov leading up to the opener.

'He fell over in stages,' the Hammers boss added.

'They (referees) spend all week on this and that and looking at videos and perhaps they have got to realise one or two things that were going on.'

Curbishley had no complaints, though, when Luis Boa Morte was dismissed for two bookings, the second coming a minute before the break.

'We took two wallopings going into the game and I asked for more aggression and application,' he said.

'He was done for persistence.

'Luis put a wholehearted performance in but he's on thin ice and has to make sure he gets to half-time. He hasn't and that has killed us off a bit.'

Gilberto made his Barclays Premier League debut when he came off the bench and he scored with a finish on the turn, then Bent headed in the fourth in stoppage-time.

'We put ourselves in a position where we expect to finish in the top half,' Curbishley added.

'We've lost three games on the spin and we're still there so it's all to play for still.

'The pressure when you lose three games 4-0 is there, and we have to bounce back. We all have to. It's only them that can go out and do it.

'We have to regroup and get on. There are not many options with our injury situation and we have to just get on. Our aim is to finish in the top half and as high as we can, and we can still do that. It's a long way back for us.'

Spurs head coach Juande Ramos was pleased with his side's response after two defeats since winning the Carling Cup.

'The goals made it easier and we were in control for a large part of the match,' said the Spaniard.

'It was important to have a victory to recover people's esteem.'

The only negative aspect of the afternoon was Jonathan Woodgate taking a knock to his foot and calf and getting taken off as a precaution.

Castrol
22-03-2008, 01:49 PM
its portsmouth next, and ROBBIE KEANE is in a MOOD!!! :D

wooster
23-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Spurs 2 Portsmouth 0, hope they keep this winning form. They have been fairly inconsistent lately.

Castrol
25-07-2008, 03:25 PM
hey rafa, hands off robbie! you can get robbie when he's 40. :D

Rafa gives up on Villa but wants Keane

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has ruled out making a move for Spain striker David Villa but said Robbie Keane is still on the Reds' radar. Benitez, who has allowed striker Peter Crouch to join Portsmouth, had been linked with the Valencia player who top-scored at last month's Euro 2008 finals. 'I said the other day that Villa is one of the names we had on our list, but I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us,' Benitez told Liverpool's website. 'We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names but, at this moment, not our target.'

However, Benitez confirmed that a move for Tottenham Hotspur's Ireland striker Robbie Keane was a possibility. 'Keane is one of the other names and OK we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now,' he said.

ANDYSIAO14
25-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Welcum back bro castrol...after nearly 5mths ya :D
KEANE will surely come to Liverpool before transfer ends or the next transfer windows reopen :p

Nice to see u back...
have a good weekend bro... :)

hey rafa, hands off robbie! you can get robbie when he's 40. :D

Rafa gives up on Villa but wants Keane

lee_li
26-07-2008, 01:41 PM
If spur want to hav a fight on the premiership or european cup, pls keep keane. he is a prolific striker and current at his prime. i think spur should do well in coming season,because ramos is a gd coach based on his past coaching record in spain.

B-52
29-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Kean was a good striker now he's more of a attacking midfielder. but he has a good football brain.

LiverPOO
29-07-2008, 10:34 PM
It's a fair Kop - Liverpool land £19m Robbie Keane and then say sorry to Spurs

Liverpool apologised to Tottenham on Monday night and made a charitable donation to their Barclays Premier League rivals as Robbie Keane's £19million move to Anfield reached a bizarre conclusion.

In return, Spurs dropped an official complaint accusing Liverpool of tapping up Keane before the Republic of Ireland striker demanded a move

However, Liverpool's unprecedented gesture did little to appease furious Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who claimed his club had been forced into accepting a deal that could eventually rise to £20.3m.

'I don't regard it as a transfer deal,' said Levy. 'That's something which happens between clubs when they both agree to trade. This is very much an enforced sale.

'I was incredibly disappointed when I first heard not only that Liverpool had been working behind the scenes to bring Robbie to Anfield, but that Robbie himself wanted to go and he submitted a transfer request to this effect.'

Levy revealed that Liverpool had said sorry for the 'inappropriate' way its official website reported comments by Rafael Benitez confirming his interest in Keane.

He added: 'In light of that acknowledgement they have apologised and agreed to make a donation to our club's main charity, the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. Tottenham has therefore agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League.'

Keane has signed a four-year deal worth £80,000-a-week with the club he supported as a boy and could make his debut in Wednesday night's friendly against Villarreal after flying to Spain with the rest of Benitez's squad on Tuesday.

On Monday night, Keane attempted to defuse the row by thanking the Tottenham board, players and fans for his six years at White Hart Lane.

He said: 'I would specifically like to thank Daniel Levy for understanding that, as a fan, joining Liverpool is a lifelong dream of mine and one I couldn't let pass me by. I hope one day the Spurs fans, who have been brilliant to me, can understand this, too.'

In partnering the Irishman with Fernando Torres, Benitez has sent out a clear message that he finally intends to launch a serious assault on the League title - last won under Kenny Dalglish back in 1990 - having been criticised for placing too much emphasis on the Champions League.

The Spaniard must now find a way of financing an £18m bid for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry and could even listen to offers for Dirk Kuyt.

Tottenham fans face more disappointment, with Dimitar Berbatov's transfer to Manchester United nearing completion. He cut a moody figure on the Spurs bench on Monday night, not getting changed despite being named as a substitute in the friendly against Norwich.

However, David Bentley's £17m move from Blackburn to Spurs will go through this week and coach Juande Ramos can now use the Keane cash to pursue Russian targets Andrei Arshavin and Roman Pavlyuchenko, plus Sevilla's Diego Capel.

darkafac
31-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Bentley says his heart is at Tottenham

David Bentley has insisted it 'meant the world' to sign for Tottenham and backed the club to break into the Premier League's top four this season.

Click here
The England winger completed his move from Blackburn, worth an initial £15million, late last night and has agreed a six-year contract.

He told a news conference televised on Sky Sports News: 'It means the world to join Tottenham.

'Gazza was my favourite player, all my mates are Tottenham fans and there's a piece of my heart at this club.

'I didn't think they would be interested in me and when it became available there was nowhere else I wanted to go.'

Asked about the fact he began his professional career with Spurs' north London rivals Arsenal, Bentley said: 'That's in the past, I grew up through the Arsenal youth team but it's not a problem for me, all my heart is at Tottenham and all my passion will be tunnelled into doing well for Tottenham.'

He immediately targeted a challenge for Champions League qualification, which would require big-spending Spurs breaking up the dominance of the division's 'big four'.

'We can do anything we want, anything we put our minds to. You've seen what Juande Ramos did last year; the fitness and level of play has risen and I want to be part of that, hopefully we'll keep progressing and doing well.

'It's all there for us - if we're all up for it it's quite possible.'

Wedge
05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
sigh, how come all these childhood fans of club only emerge when they do BIG $$ moves to the club ?

Adidas020108
05-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Spurs has the best chance of breaking into the Top Four,this coming season.
They spent quite a lot and some very good players.

darkafac
06-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Tottenham eyeing £60million triple swoop?

Tottenham Hotspur manager Juande Ramos will continue his summer spending spree with a triple swoop for David Villa, Andrei Arshavin and Vedran Corluka, according to reports in the UK press.

However, if Spurs want to secure all three deals they will have to stump up another £60million, having already spent £40million on five players during the transfer window.

The Sun claim that Tottenham are ready to smash the British transfer record with a sensational £32million swoop for Valencia striker Villa and will fund the bid with the sale of want-away striker Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United for £30million.

Real Madrid are also interested in signing the Spanish international, who helped La Rojas win Euro 2008, but Villa's agent Jose Luis Tamargo insists his client is keen to head to the Premier League.

'David likes London and likes how Spurs play under Ramos. If they present an offer, Valencia will seriously study the subject,' Tamargo said.

If the deal goes through Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will make the striker the club's top earner with a huge £100,000-a-week deal.

Meanwhile, The Independent claim Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Arshavin is on his way to White Hart Lane after the Russian club lowered their asking price of £21million.

Tottenham have offered £15.6m for Arshavin but, having banked around £20m for Robbie Keane could easily increase their offer to an acceptable level.

Arshavin has told Zenit that he wants to leave and the Russian club's president Alexander Dyukov is due to meet with the player's agent, Dennis Lachter, in Madrid to discuss the Russia international's future.

The 28-year-old forward has rejected an improved contract offer from Zenit and although the £50,000-a-week deal at Tottenham is not the most lucrative on offer Arshavin still wants to move to London.

Spurs boss Ramos is also set to boost his defence with the £6.8 million capture of Croatian international Corluka from Manchester City, according to The Times.

The continuing fitness concerns about captain Ledley King and the erratic form of Michael Dawson means a defender is a high priority for Tottenham.

Although Corluka played as a right-back at Eastland's last season Ramos views the versatile defender as a long term central-defensive partner for Jonathan Woodgate.

Spurs have been very busy rebuilding the side this summer under former Seville coach Ramos: England's David Bentley, Croatian star Luka Modric, PSV keeper Gomes, Barcelona's Giovanni Dos Santos and Crystal Palace starlet John Bostock have already joined the club.

Adidas020108
07-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Spurs is the biggest spender this season.
so maybe they will be the surprise team for this coming season.

lacoruna69
17-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Middlesbrough 2-1 Tottenham: Mido sinks Spurs

Tottenham's aspirations of challenging the Barclays Premier League's big four suffered an early setback as Middlesbrough claimed an opening-day 2-1 victory at the Riverside Stadium.

Defender David Wheater scored the first in the 71st minute after an Afonso Alves shot had come back off the underside of the crossbar and Mido, on for Alves, turned in a second with four minutes to go.

All eyes pre-match had been on Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov, who has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester United, and his appearance as a 65th-minute substitute did not help Spurs take anything from the game. A late Robert Huth own goal was mere consolation for the Londoners.

(Excerpt from ESPN Soccernet)

Castrol
19-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Welcum back bro castrol...after nearly 5mths ya :D
KEANE will surely come to Liverpool before transfer ends or the next transfer windows reopen :p

Nice to see u back...
have a good weekend bro... :)

thank you bro, i seldom get the chance to read sbf these days. new employer blocks the site and my pc at home bo simi hosay. i wish everything is as cool as cucumber on your side.

yeah keane joined the liverpool after scoring 100 goals for mighty spurs, and if berbatov really joins man utd, then spurs would've sold 2 top strikers to 2 top clubs that have been beating or thrashing spurs for several years. :confused:

but talking about berbatov.....

Castrol
19-08-2008, 04:55 PM
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/DJ/20080805/berb_IanWalton2.jpg

this guy better go lah, since last season he's becoming prima donna on the field. completely not chasing back the ball whenever he loses possession, he will just stand there, stretch his arms, whine and complain.

so spurs will only have dos santos and darren bent. dos santos was lively in the boro game. as for bent, he scored many many in the friendlies just like in last season's pre-season matches, i only wish he starts shooting more accurately in the league. :D

sinfulguy
19-08-2008, 06:25 PM
santos had a great debut....great first touch too....but darren bent's first touch.....everytime a perfect ball was passed to him....his first touch always lose the ball or bounce too far off that he is no longer in a good position to shoot anymore....hope he can improve soon....

lacoruna69
24-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Tottenham 1-2 Sunderland: Late Cisse winner

Sunderland striker Djibril Cisse came off the bench to score the winner at White Hart Lane on his debut as Dimitar Berbatov's transfer saga threatened to undermine Tottenham's start to the season in a 2-1 defeat.
Berbatov was left out of the squad for the Barclays Premier League clash, with head coach Juande Ramos accusing the striker of having a negative effect on the dressing room and being distracted.
Sunderland took full advantage and led through Kieran Richardson's powerful drive, before Jermaine Jenas equalised.
However, Cisse - signed on loan from Marseille this week - headed in with seven minutes to go to inflict consecutive defeats for Spurs.

SBF Cleaner
24-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Spurs is becoming the disappointment of the season,if they cannot get their act together.
I really do not understand,why holding on to a player who heart is no longer with the team,he is causing a lot of distraction and disharmony.
when the price is right,just let him go and carry on.

2 loses against teams that they should have no problem beating.

Man of Tiger
27-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Tottenham appear close to signing Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko after the player claimed that he was poised to join the North London club.

GettyImages

The Russian had a good Euro 2008 campaign.

'I can confirm I'm joining (Spurs),' the Spartak Moscow player told local media. 'Right now I'm getting my visa and as soon as it is ready I will fly to England to sign a contract.'

The striker would bolster a strikeforce that currently consists of Darren Bent and want-away Dimitar Berbatov, who was dropped from the squad for the weekend defeat against Sunderland.

Pavlyuchenko said he would not play for Spartak against Dynamo Kiev in Wednesday's Champions League third qualifying round second leg, with a view to completing a move as soon as possible.

'I won't play in Kiev,' he said. 'Everything has happened very quickly so I couldn't even say goodbye to my team-mates.'

The 26-year-old was Russia's top scorer at Euro 2008 with three goals as he helped his country reach the semi-finals, their best showing at a major championship in 20 years.

Tottenham have also been linked with Russian striker Andrei Arshavin, although talks appear to have fallen through after their bid for the talented playmaker was rejected by UEFA Cup holders Zenit St Petersburg.

Having sold Ireland's Robbie Keane to Liverpool in the close season and with Bulgarian international Dimitar Berbatov constantly linked with a move to Manchester United, Spurs are in desperate need of a striker before the transfer window closes on Monday night and have also been linked with a move for Real Zaragoza's Diego Milito.

lacoruna69
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Chelsea 1-1 Tottenham : Spurs end Blues perfect record

Tottenham striker Darren Bent provided the attacking threat in the absence of Dimitar Berbatov by poaching a point and a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge to end Chelsea's perfect start to the season.

Chelsea had deservedly led through Juliano Belletti but they did not convert it into a third win in three - highlighting the importance the signing of Robinho from Real Madrid could make.

Adidas020108
04-09-2008, 05:43 AM
a good result for Ramos and Spurs.
high expectation of them for this season from their fans and others.

EricssonMan
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Spurs really got to prove that they are Champion's League material this season

steviepool
13-09-2008, 03:37 PM
spurs always flatter to deceive...
i think it will be a disappointing year for them overall after so many big $$ signings

lacoruna69
16-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Tottenham 1 - 2 Aston Villa : Gomes drops howler as Spurs lose again

Nigel Reo-Coker and Ashley Young grabbed the goals in Aston Villa's 2-1 win at White Hart Lane to consign Tottenham to their worst start in the Premier League.
Spurs could point to Dimitar Berbatov's transfer saga contributing to just a point from their opening three games, but this defeat had nothing to do with the Bulgarian - Martin O'Neill's men had too much pace and dealt with almost everything thrown at them.
Goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes prevented Villa from adding to Reo-Coker's opener but it was then his mistake that gifted Young his strike in the second half.
Darren Bent's fortunate effort gave Spurs hope with four minutes left but Villa held on.
It sealed Villa's first three points in London for four years, and kept Spurs at the bottom of the table.

Spurslover
19-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Bent strike rescues Spurs

Darren Bent lifted the gloom around White Hart Lane with the winner at White Hart Lane but Wisla Krakow will take an away goal into the second leg of the UEFA Cup first round clash after the first leg ended 2-1.

Bent headed home with 17 minutes remaining, the striker's third in as many matches, to earn Spurs their first victory during a frustrating start to the campaign.

Even that only slightly dampened the spirits of the boisterous away support, whose side lost to Barcelona to get knocked out of the Champions League but now require a 1-0 win in a fortnight to reach the group stages of Europe's second-tier competition.

Wisla's fans were silenced for just a minute during the first half after David Bentley's opener, then Tomas Jirsak levelled to open up the tie.

Spurs head coach Juande Ramos will again be without Roman Pavlyuchenko and Vedran Corluka for that clash as the two new signings are cup-tied, highlighting Spurs' recruitment problems before the transfer deadline.

With a threadbare squad - Ramos had 18 first-team players to pick from after Luka Modric's knee injury - at least it gave him a chance to use Bentley in his familiar station on the right flank after previously using him centrally.

It was a source of embarrassment that Bentley won the club's goal of the month award with a strike from pre-season - evidence that Spurs desperately needed to kick-start their campaign after three defeats and a draw.

Bentley was in the action with less than a minute gone, with Jermaine Jenas hustling Junior Diaz off the ball and sending his team-mate down the right - but goalkeeper Mariusz Pawelek bravely blocked as Bent closed in.

• Poyet: Tough test awaitsRadoslaw Sobolewski had the first effort for Wisla, curling a long-range effort the wrong side of the post after dummying past Aaron Lennon.

Bentley provided the corner for Pawelek's first save of the match, after 24 minutes, when Jonathan Woodgate's header was claimed at the second attempt.

Wisla provided their own threat with aerial balls forward and it took Ledley King to block a shot from Rafal Boguski after the striker latched into a cushioned header.

Pawelek required treatment after throwing himself at Bent again, with Bentley again providing the service. Wisla's goalkeeper was able to continue despite a lump on his head, but he was picking the ball out of his net after Spurs' next move, in the 33rd minute.

Giovani dos Santos sent Lennon away down the left and his cross found its way to the back post, with Bentley sending the ball in the direction it came, around Sobolewski and into Pawelek's far post.

But the lead only lasted a minute, with Boguski nutmegging Gareth Bale before centring, with Jirsak lashing into the net after a lay-off from Pawel Brozek.

Boguski could have given them the lead but Heurelho Gomes produced a stunning save before the interval, turning the ball around the post to deny the striker.

Bentley had dipped a free-kick over the crossbar and also forced a save from Pawelek with a volley across the face of the goal, then the Wisla stopper had to tip over just after the break from Spurs' winger.

Bent had a strike chalked off when he tapped in after a flowing move down the left resulting in Jenas crossing to the far post - replays suggested it was a harsh decision to call it offside.

Ramos' response was to bring on Fraizer Campbell for his debut to replace Lennon, while Chris Gunter was replaced by Jamie O'Hara.

It was Wisla who threatened a second when Mauro Cantoro volleyed over the bar from a promising position but Bent grabbed his goal as the visitors threatened an upset.

Campbell held the ball up on the right and floated in a cross, with Bent climbing over Cleber to send the ball past Pawelek.

# Poyet: Tough test awaits

Tottenham assistant first-team coach Gus Poyet admitted Spurs must go into the second leg of their UEFA Cup first-round tie with Wisla Krakow looking to win the match.

Spurs took the lead when Aaron Lennon's cross was finished by David Bentley in the 33rd minute, only for Tomas Jirsak to hit back 67 seconds later with a neat chip.

But Darren Bent's second-half header gave head coach Juande Ramos his first victory of the season as they held on to claim a 2-1 win over the Polish outfit at White Hart Lane.

"It will be a tough game in Poland and we have to make sure we do not lose there,'' Poyet told Setanta Sports 1.

"We will have to go there with the mind to win. It will be a totally different game from the one tonight and we are not in a good position so we need to win.''

When asked whether Spurs were naive to concede a goal so quickly after scoring Poyet added that Spurs were right to "take risks'' to try and win the game.

"It was incredible because we were doing our best - we thought it would finish at least 1-0 but the players reacted well and we needed to take a few risks,'' he said.

"We said before the game we needed to take a risk and take our opportunities. We are not the type of team that sits back and defends, we are the type of team that goes to win games.''

At least 1st victory of the season. Hopefully, will kick start better results in future.:)

Comon you Spurs.:)

Cheers.
Spurslover.

Wedge
21-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Finally ! Spurs win !

Hope it's just the start of more to come ! :D

Go SPURS !

Adidas020108
21-09-2008, 05:15 PM
after their UEFA's win,hope SPurs can pick themselves up and have regain the confidence after the Berbatov's saga.

was expecting a lot from Spurs after last season,but a bit disappointed so far.
so maybe tonight,they can play to their true potential.

Castrol
22-09-2008, 08:37 AM
spurs 0 wigan 0

http://172.31.254.243/soccernet-assets.espn.go.comm/design05/DJ/20080920/spurswoe_g.jpg

dont bet on spurs just yet lah, i want to assure you all, my face look sadder than them now. :(

:D

Cum_Luver
22-09-2008, 09:51 AM
bro Castrol,
i though after the UEFA's win,Spurs can really pick themselves up again and show their potential.
i was expecting them to be among the top 6.

0-0 is a bit disappointing result. did not telecast right ?
same as the Reds ? dominate but cannot break through ?

Heart Break Kid
22-09-2008, 05:11 PM
spurs 0 wigan 0

http://172.31.254.243/soccernet-assets.espn.go.comm/design05/DJ/20080920/spurswoe_g.jpg

dont bet on spurs just yet lah, i want to assure you all, my face look sadder than them now. :(

:D

Without Keane & Berbatov.. Tottenham look likely to be relegated at the end of the season.
Bent & that Russian fellow is not good enough to save Spurs :p

lacoruna69
22-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Tottenham 0 - 0 Wigan : Spurs still winless

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos' problems continued after his side were held to a goalless draw against Wigan which saw them remain at the bottom of the Premier League table.
Spurs' lack of quality firepower since the departure of Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane was even further apparent as they struggled to break down Steve Bruce's side and they are still searching for their first league victory after five matches.

Castrol
25-09-2008, 12:15 AM
bro Castrol,
i though after the UEFA's win,Spurs can really pick themselves up again and show their potential.
i was expecting them to be among the top 6.

0-0 is a bit disappointing result. did not telecast right ?
same as the Reds ? dominate but cannot break through ?

bro it was live on ch 21 or 22, spurs had always done well against wigan in the past but maybe dont live that match better lah. oh yah, liverpool also dropped unnecessary points at home. lets hope they both can bring some cheers next match day. :D

Without Keane & Berbatov.. Tottenham look likely to be relegated at the end of the season.
Bent & that Russian fellow is not good enough to save Spurs :p

haha spurs will never be relegated becos epl will not be as exciting. even arsene wenger wont allow it.

pavly.....ko will score a hat-trick this weekend and 1match-1goal darren bent is going to bang in everything. :D

lacoruna69
28-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Newcastle 1 - 2 Tottenham : Toon crisis deepens as Spurs marches on to Carling Cup 4th Round

Roman Pavlyuchenko's first goal in English football helped to pile further pressure on managerless Newcastle as the Carling Cup failed to provide any relief on Tyneside with Spurs claiming a 2-1 win.

The Russian, a £13.8million summer arrival at White Hart Lane, thumped home a 62nd-minute free header to put holders Spurs on the road to their first domestic victory of the season.

But it was midfielder Jamie O'Hara who sealed the win four minutes later when he capitalised on a dreadful error by Steven Taylor to fire past the stranded Shay Given.

Michael Owen's 90th-minute strike could not prevent the Magpies' slipping to a fourth successive defeat and left a bemused crowd of just 20,577 facing a winter of discontent with owner Mike Ashley's masterplan having been torn to pieces.

Spurs will host Liverpool in the next round.

lacoruna69
29-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Portsmouth 2 - 0 Tottenham : Defoe haunts Spurs

Jermain Defoe scored a first-half penalty against former club Tottenham before Peter Crouch added a second as Portsmouth won 2-0 and left Juande Ramos' hapless side rooted to the bottom of the Premier League.

After gaining just two points from the first six matches Ramos was subjected to chants of ''You don't know what you are doing'' from fans after he took 73 minutes to send on top-scorer Darren Bent for lone striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

But for Pompey it was a welcome return to winning ways having conceded 10 goals in their previous two matches, although the victory was tarnished when Lassana Diarra was sent off after a second yellow card foul on fellow Frenchman Benoit Assou-Ekotto two minutes from time.

Spurs disastrous league form continues...........:(

Castrol
30-09-2008, 09:52 PM
COME ON YOU SPURS!
wisla krakow is going to be koyak krakow, and hull city is going to know the true meaning of the PRIDE OF LONDON this weekend!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploads/assets/spurs_wallpapers/stadium_flag_1280x1024.jpg

lacoruna69
04-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Wisla Krakow 1 - 1 Tottenham : Spurs survive late scare to progress in UEFA Cup

Tottenham wins 3-2 on aggregate

Tottenham battled their way through to the UEFA Cup group stage but failed to get the win they wanted to kick-start their season.

Arkadiusz Glowacki's own goal just before the hour mark at Stadion Wisly extended Spurs' lead from the first leg, with Pawel Brozek's late strike setting up a tense finale.

Cum_Luver
05-10-2008, 01:59 PM
can the Cockerels registers their first EPL's win in the new season against Hull City ???
Ramos is in lot of pressures.

Castrol
05-10-2008, 10:57 PM
can the Cockerels registers their first EPL's win in the new season against Hull City ???
Ramos is in lot of pressures.

well bro, its half time now and spurs are trailing 0-1 to hull in white hart lane. ramos has another 45 mins to save spurs' pride! :(

Man of Tiger
06-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Spurs are now in trouble. Hope they can wake up in next game.:(

lacoruna69
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Tottenham 0 - 1 Hull : Geovanni does London double

Juande Ramos' job was hanging by a thread after Tottenham's season went from bad to worse with yet another abject home defeat.

A brilliant first-half free-kick from Brazilian Geovanni did the damage to continue Hull's brilliant arrival in the top flight for the first time in their history.

Hull's wonderful start has now taken them to third place in the league table but of more immediate relevance was Tottenham's third home league defeat of the season which left them stranded rock bottom of the Premier League with just two points and had Hull fans revelling in their misery.

Spurs' form really looks like the current ST Index ......down down down....:(

Castrol
08-10-2008, 11:56 AM
spurs is in hull... i mean hell now.
come on ramos, tell darren bent to imagine he's still playing for charlton and starting banging in the goals! :D

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/PH2/Ramos275.jpg

Castrol
18-10-2008, 10:32 AM
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/JonMC/October2008/modric-275.jpg

Tottenham's big-money summer signing Luka Modric has no regrets over his decision to join the club. The Croatian has struggled to adapt.

The Croatia international left Dinamo Zagreb for the Premier League outfit in a £15.8million during the close season, but has struggled to impress as the club started the Premier League campaign in woeful form.

Big things have been expected of the 22-year-old midfielder but, despite a slow start to life at White Hart Lane, Modric believes it is just a matter of time before his North London begins to bear fruit.

"No, I am not sorry I came to Tottenham at all," he told The Sun.
"It's the beginning of the season and this crisis cannot last forever."

lacoruna69
20-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Stoke 2 - 1 Tottenham : Sorry Spurs lose again

Tottenham are in danger of becoming marooned at the foot of the Premier League table after losing 2-1 at Stoke City. Their disastrous start to the season is now the worst in the club's history and defeat was compounded by red cards for Gareth Bale and Michael Dawson. Darren Bent had levelled Danny Higginbotham's penalty but Rory Delap grabbed the winner. Ricardo Fuller also missed a late spot kick.

Spurs' 6th EPL defeat this season.........

Punter888
20-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Seems like spur never win any games for this season so today I placed big bet on it now really shake head liao :(

machoman
20-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Stoke 2 - 1 Tottenham : Sorry Spurs lose again

Spurs' 6th EPL defeat this season.........

What on earth is happening to Spurs?

Really CMI lah!!!

Sorry, Spurs fans..... but saw a riddle about them some time back:

Q: "What's the difference between a triangle & Spurs?"

A: "A triangle has 3 points, Spurs have only 2."

:confused::eek: :mad: :mad:

KING_reborner
20-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Keep the faith all Spurs fans ;)

aegis
21-10-2008, 01:45 PM
HI,
I am kop man but whatever that is happening to spurs have to stop. Been an admirer of lineker,gazza,mabutt,klinnsmann days...spurs back then played as a unit and was always a main feature in FA cups... Haiz.. backed spurs to beat stoke and got burnt badly... To spurs fans...keep the faith.. yuo have a great tradition and history... I will back yr first home win for one more time...

lacoruna69
22-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Q: "What's the difference between a triangle & Spurs?"

A: "A triangle has 3 points, Spurs have only 2."

a very good one indeed!!:p

Castrol
23-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Seems like spur never win any games for this season so today I placed big bet on it now really shake head liao :(

bro this weekend spurs vs bolton, dont win also cannot liao already lah... :D

COME ON YOU SPURS! TO DARE IS TO DO!
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploads/assets/spurs_wallpapers/team_photo_1280x1024.jpg

onion_rings
24-10-2008, 12:08 AM
bro this weekend spurs vs bolton, dont win also cannot liao already lah... :D

COME ON YOU SPURS! TO DARE IS TO DO!
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploads/assets/spurs_wallpapers/team_photo_1280x1024.jpg

No wonder Spurs on the losing streak..Due to our bro castrol been missing for so long... Welcum back bro :D

lacoruna69
25-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Udinese 2 - 0 Tottenham : Gomes blunder costly

Heurelho Gomes' blunder helped hand Udinese a 2-0 victory in their UEFA Cup Group D clash at Stadio Friuli as Tottenham's miserable start to the season continued.

Spurs head coach Juande Ramos had left David Bentley out of his squad and watched as Jamie O'Hara was dismissed for two bookings in a minute, ending any hopes of a fightback against the Italians.

The White Hart Lane side are bottom of the Barclays Premier League and not faring any better in Europe after Gomes' mistake was punished by Antonio Di Natale and Simone Pepe added a late second.

Castrol
25-10-2008, 11:53 PM
No wonder Spurs on the losing streak..Due to our bro castrol been missing for so long... Welcum back bro :D

haha thanks bro, spurs' winning streak starts tomorrow at the lane! :D

Cum_Luver
26-10-2008, 08:45 AM
yes,welcum back bro Castrol.

wish Spurs all the best,should beat Bolton in tonight's match.

Himerus
26-10-2008, 10:47 AM
i do not know whether this is good news or bad news.
Ramos is gone and Harry Redknapp is the new manager.
Maybe the players will respond in today's match against Bolton.

Cum_Luver
27-10-2008, 01:13 AM
well,look like a change of manager work wonder for Spurs.
they scored a 2-0 win over Bolton and their first win of the new season.
maybe now,they will start to fulfil their potential.

Tada
27-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Finally!!!
1st Win for Spurs.

I think we should keep Ramos. He's a gd Manager.

But at least, Harry is a decent manager too.

lacoruna69
27-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Tottenham 2 - 0 Bolton : Spurs finally delivers

Harry Redknapp took less than 24 hours to deliver what Tottenham wanted all season - a victory, 2-0 over Bolton, to kick-start their Barclays Premier League campaign.

Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent grabbed the goals against Bolton at White Hart Lane but all eyes were on Redknapp after his appointment to succeed Juande Ramos as Spurs boss.

Hurray!!:p

Cum_Luver
27-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Finally!!!
1st Win for Spurs.

I think we should keep Ramos. He's a gd Manager.

But at least, Harry is a decent manager too.

bro,he is a good manager. But I think he has lost the respect and co-operation of the team. his handling of the Bebartov's issue has cost him,the job.

but now that they get their first win under the belt,hopefully Redknapp can galvanise the team into what their true potential was,base on last season's performance.
i was expecting them,to challenging for the top 4 spot.