PDA

View Full Version : The Generals in the SAF

Sammyboy RSS Feed
22-01-2016, 01:30 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

I would appreciate if those who are more familiar could satisfy my curiosity regarding the seniority of the several generals in the 2015 change of command and appointments.

As a result of several generals resigning to become politicians in 2011 and 2015, it looks like there a few relatively younger generals in very senior positions.

As CCS resigned, the SAF had to recall BG Ravinder Singh to be the COA. Thereafter, BG Perry Lim was promoted to COA.

Then the CDF resigned, and the SAF promoted MG Perry Lim to be the CDF. MG Perry Lim had been the COA for less than 1.5 years.

Based on the available info, and my estimate of their seniority using their enlistment year, it appears that there are a few generals who may be more senior than BG Melvyn Ong Su Kiat (was a Colonel in June 2014),
who took over as the Chief Guards Officer from BG Desmond Lim Kok Ming, in July 2014:
1. BG Desmond Lim Kok Ming
2. BG Lim Hock Yu
3. BG Chia Choon Hoong
4. BG Milton Ong Ann Kiat
5. BG Siew Kum Wong

Any of you know whether or not the above generals are more senior than BG Melvyn Ong, and which one of those are SAFOS?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?223865-The-Generals-in-the-SAF&goto=newpost).