PDA

View Full Version : Nuno leaves Valencia post after loss to Sevilla OPEN BEER

Sammyboy RSS Feed
01-12-2015, 03:50 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Nuno leaves Valencia post

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/omnisport/5a/ac/nuno-espirito-santo-cropped_1fj9se4dk2ba11oq2r8acpcr9j.jpg?t=990632041&w=620&h=430

Nov 30, 2015 05:59:00

The 41-year-old's spell in charge of Los Che has come to an end less than 18 months after taking over at Mestalla

Nuno Espirito Santo has resigned from his position as Valencia coach after Sunday’s 1-0 loss to Sevilla in La Liga.

The story broke online while the game was still in process and the Portuguese coach confirmed his decision in a press conference at the Sanchez Pizjuan after the full time whistle.

He explained that he had decided to leave Los Che prior to the defeat to Unai Emery’s side - although he added that his players had no idea it would be his final game in charge.

“Before the game I spoke with the president, with the owner, Peter Lim, and we spoke after the game, too,” he began.

“We are all in agreement that the situation is not good; we all want to do the best for the club.

“That is what I want [for the club] and that's why [I'm leaving].

“It’s been an honour to manage the club and I want to thank all the players I have worked with, Peter Lim and the fans.”

Nuno leaves Valencia ninth in the table with 19 points from their 13 league games to date.

They are also still in with a chance of reaching the knockout rounds of the Champions League with one game to go in the group stages.

The 41-year-old, Jorge Mendes' first ever client, took over at Mestalla last summer after impressing with Portuguese side Rio Ave.

He led the club to a fourth placed finish in his first season in charge, but things have turned sour in his second term and large sections of the support have turned against him.

Phil Neville joined Nuno as his assistant manager earlier this year following Ian Cathro’s departure for Newcastle, but there’s not yet been any word on what this will mean for the former Manchester United and Everton player.

Valencia play Barakaldo in the Copa del Rey in midweek, before hosting Barcelona next weekend in the league.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?220860-Nuno-leaves-Valencia-post-after-loss-to-Sevilla-OPEN-BEER&goto=newpost).