PDA

View Full Version : Another LTA officer in the news

Sammyboy RSS Feed
30-11-2015, 02:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://images.singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/styles/featured_image/s3/featured/2015/11/lta-main.jpg?itok=zcrldN85

Following a recent incident involving a Land Transport Authority (LTA) officer getting into a fight with an Uber driver, a motorist was touched when an LTA officer went beyond the call of duty to help him change his flat tyre yesterday (Nov 29).

Kevin Tan shared his heartwarming experience on Facebook:

"I was driving along Marina Gardens Drive when I was pointed out by a helpful motorist that I had a flat tyre on my rear wheel. Naturally, I pulled to the left lane and stopped to check.

"Sure enough, my tyre was busted. With no nearby petrol kiosks, I started to pull out my spare tools and because the flat was on the right rear wheel, I was literally facing oncoming traffic when I started the change.

"The most unlikely of heroes came by on an LTA bike.

"The officer stopped right beside me and asked if I needed any assistance.

"Concerned for my safety, I asked if he could just help avert oncoming traffic with his bike and blinkers. He said, "no problem".

"What happened next was most unexpected.

"The LTA officer positioned his bike behind my car, got off and then proceeded to help me change the wheel, without being asked at all!

"With his help, the whole backbreaking process only took 15 minutes.

"This LTA angel of an officer is Mr Kharul Nizam.

"I'd like to thank Mr Kharul Nizam for his help. He could have rode on but he didn't and went out of his way to help a motorist in distress (in the blazing hot sun, no less!).

"LTA, please send my deepest gratitude and appreciation to your officer. Mr Kharul Nizam is a rare gem. And yes, all your officers should be like him.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?220833-Another-LTA-officer-in-the-news&goto=newpost).