PDA

View Full Version : An example of daft sinkies leading to the extinction of sinkies.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
17-09-2015, 03:10 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

A friend I've known since 2005, who has been staunchly anti PAP since his very first vote, just told me he voted PAP for the very first time in his life, last week. What a time to shift loyalties. Why?? Because Tharman was in the PAP lineup, for his ward. Fair enough. If there's one person who could sway my vote to PAP, it would be Tharman.

But then, I asked this friend who is very close to my age, "Do you know about the C.E.C.A.?" His response was a blank stare and a bewildered "Huh? CECA? What's that??!" I explained it to him and his jaw literally dropped. He could not believe the PAP would do such a thing to Singaporeans. He was visibly shaken.

We parted ways with him still shaking his head in disbelief. He remains convinced that I am mistaken and that such a grievious agreement could and would NOT possibly have been signed by our government. By *any* government.

He has scant interest in local politics and little working knowledge of the internet, which left me wondering what had been fuelling his anti PAP (pro Opposition???) votes all this while.

The level of political ignorance in this country, is astounding, it exists within every age group, and is a very real threat to our continuation as a people. We are definitely headed for extinction.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?216513-An-example-of-daft-sinkies-leading-to-the-extinction-of-sinkies&goto=newpost).