PDA

View Full Version : Letter from a resident of Sengkang West.

Sammyboy RSS Feed
09-09-2015, 02:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Dear Administrator,

Please help me publish this as I am not a facebook user. Many thanks.

I am a resident of Sengkang West and it upsets me to hear that many residents disregard the efforts our Dr Lam Pin Min. Let me share my personal encounter of how Dr Lam helped us.

My husband and I were Singaporeans at birth and met at a university in Melbourne, Australia. 20yrs ago, young and naive, we decided to give up our citizenship and moved to Australia where we were having the ‘time of our life’. However we suffered tremendously as a second class citizen and no good government policies unlike in SG. We decided to move back to SG and were on EP for many, many years. The kids had to go to International School as local schools had no place for them.

Fast track.. we went to see Dr Lam at his MPs for assistance to obtain PR status. We knew we were facing an uphill task but Dr Lam was very patient and sincere. The rejections from ICA became so frequent we wanted to give up but Dr Lam continued to write numerous appeal letters for us. He would also drop us an email to check if we were doing well.

Not too long ago, we received PR status and life has changed for us. But till today we regret our decision back then and I feel like I owe an apology to my children. While we are happy to be back in Singapore, we are sad with the bad choice we made and now live as PRs in our birth country.

I have seen the developments in this estate from little to many amenities that we are enjoying now. I don’t deny there is much more to be done and i trust Dr Lam and his team will look into that. He may have offended some residents with where he chose to sit during the columbarium dialogue but he was sincere in working with MND to make a change for us. He also made MND rezone the masterplan to stop a residental development from being built next to Seletar Mall.

If that is not enough, Dr Lam also championed healthcare matters in the Ministry. Recent schemes he championed for includes:

1. Enhancing primary healthcare such as making sure there are enough doctors and clinics; and increasing quality of doctors with more facilities made available such as polyclinics, family medicine clinic and community health centers.
2. Ensuring healthcare is affordable for everyone by introducing Medishield Life and continue to ensure 3M framework is relevant to keep down healthcare costs for Singaporeans.

As a PR we cannot vote during this GE but many of you can. Vote for the candidate who can make a difference in our lives on a national and municipal level. Vote for someone who can champion policies and schemes to make your lives better. Vote for the sincere and compassionate candidate who is always around to address our concerns and listen to our angst even when we were venting our frustrations at him. My humble appeal to voters, please vote for Dr Lam.

Thank you.
Wong Family
408A Fernvale Road

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?215549-Letter-from-a-resident-of-Sengkang-West&goto=newpost).