PDA

View Full Version : why people make a big fuss about the train breakdowns..

Sammyboy RSS Feed
13-08-2015, 11:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

lets consider the trains breakdown on an average of 150 to 200 a year.

Chances of the same person getting caught in the multiple breakdown is very low considering the probability of the breakdown happening at various times of the day and an at various locations of the mrt network..

Maximum I could remember is only 2 to 3 major breakdowns in the last 4-5 years..

All other breakdowns are lasting ~10 minutes and a maximum of ~20 minutes which I would say is nothing consequential for most people.

For most people who are glued to their mobiles, browsing facebook or something else (from my observation about 90 to 95% of the commuters does this in trains), this does not matter whether they are standing for that time in the train or sitting in their house browsing..

Considering all this why the netizens make a big fuss about this very insignificant transportation issues..

As for the crowding, I have been travelling in the train at about 730 -740 am, and I always find the travel a breeze..with very less crowd.. The train frequencies are great ( I think SG is one of the few places where u have 1 to 2 min frequency at peak time). If people really care about crowd, they could start a few minutes earlier.

All it shows many SG netizens are highly unrealistic in their expectations of the train network and of the gov. They deserves a worse shock of an anarchy with out the present ruling government.

I

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?212659-why-people-make-a-big-fuss-about-the-train-breakdowns&goto=newpost).