PDA

View Full Version : Headless Chickens ignore helpless Bargain Hen totally

Sammyboy RSS Feed
06-08-2015, 10:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Ng Eng Hen is supposed to be the chief strategist for this coming election, but nobody seems to give a hoot to his edicts, namely (1)outgoing incumbents to introduce replacements after August 9, (2)don't use Facebook to broadcast retirement plans. And that advice about negative campaigning didn't last too long either - advisor Teo Chee Hean is already taking pot shots at a certain town council, even when his own National Research Foundation (NRF) does not pass muster with the Auditor General.

Former Transport Minister Raymond Lim was pretty loquacious when he was head of some think tank called the Round Table or something. Since re-elected in GE 2011, he lost his voice for the whole duration 12th Parliament was in session (10 October 2011 -). And he suddenly pipes up only to utter, "It has been a great privilege and honour for me to have served as your MP these past 14 years.”

Goh Chok Tong was more provocative. He used Facebook to call his own shots:
"As for me, A few friends have suggested that I retire as I have done enough for the country. But Marine Parade residents and many others urge me to stay on. They say the country and Marine Parade still need me.

Well, I will explain my decision at our ND dinner on 14 Aug. Wish me wisdom."

As we understand the status quo, his ultimate fate is determined only by two parties. One, the electorate, who sent George Yeo packing to Hong Kong, and two, the prime minister, who alone decides who stands and who falls. But Goh upped the ante by announcing the candidacy of Edwin Tong ("at my request"), the lawyer defending the round-tripping hijinks of the City Harvest Church pastor - and the infamous flow chart used to trace the circuitous movements of our Central Provident Fund (CPF).

If that's not enough, Goh just declared that the Kate Spade aficionado will be back, complete with a live SG50 baby package. Who, pray tell, is really in charge?

Years ago, when there was speculation about the People's Action Party (PAP) splitting into two ranks to provide the people with alternate voices in parliament - as in give the people cake, and eat it too - the scenario was to have Goh leading one team, and Lee Hsien Loong the other. No need for messy opposition parties meeting in secret and provide horse trading stories to sell local newspapers. Don't you just love the smell of scandal in the morning?

http://singaporedesk.blogspot.sg/2015/08/whos-boss.html

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?212093-Headless-Chickens-ignore-helpless-Bargain-Hen-totally&goto=newpost).