PDA

View Full Version : PAP Chio Chio for Election ???

Sammyboy RSS Feed
26-07-2015, 08:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/s720x720/11056447_1175641342452833_1030533608687905171_o.jp g

SINGAPORE: The People's Action Party in Tanjong Pagar GRC officially introduced a new face during a walkabout at Bukit Merah View Market on Sunday (Jul 26).

Joan Pereira, 47, has been understudying Senior Minister of State for Law and Education Indranee Rajah and has been seen walking the ground with Ms Indranee since 2014.

"I've really, really learned a lot from Ms Indranee," said Ms Pereira, speaking to the media during the walkabout. "When I accompanied her for community events, for walkabouts - and if you noticed the walkabout just now - practically everyone whom we spoke to all love her.

"They will all hug her and they will say thank you to her, whether it's for big things or small things that she has done for them. So these are the things that I have picked up from her: How she communicates with the residents, how she really listens to them, how she cares for them."

Ms Pereira is a former Director (Family Life & Active Ageing) at the People’s Association, and recently joined Temasek Cares.

She was a staff at the Queenstown Community Club's Secretariat Office between 1992 and 2002. She then went on to helm the Social Development Service, organising social development programmes for the young, for the next five years, between 2002 and 2007.

In 2007, the mother of two moved to take on the PA's Active Aging and Family Life portfolio, serving elderly residents across the 87 constituencies through the Wellness Programme.

She started official party work in May.

"I really have deep fulfilment serving the elderly because that is my passion," said Ms Pereira. "When I worked on the wellness programme, I found that it was indeed a joy to serve the elderly. When they have their needs, they come over and talk to me and if I'm able to help them and they feel that I care for them, I help them. I find joy in that."

On Friday, Ms Indranee also posted a Facebook picture, referencing how the two looked alike.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?211199-PAP-Chio-Chio-for-Election&goto=newpost).