PDA

View Full Version : Why govt's claims of success in any scheme are actually failures

Sammyboy RSS Feed
17-06-2015, 07:20 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Khaw Boon Wan - HDB Lease Buyback Scheme a success

‘Through the Lease Buyback Scheme (LBS), the elderly living in HDB flats can use the tail-end of their flat leases to fund their retirement plan, without leaving their flats. Since LBS was launched in 2009, we have taken on board public feedback and made several enhancements to the scheme.

The latest enhancements took effect on 1 April 2015. We extended LBS to 4-room flats, raised the income ceiling from $3,000 to $10,000, offered varying leases, and allowed households with two or more owners to get more upfront cash.

The enhancements were well received. Over two months, 450 households applied for LBS. If all are successful, this will be a 50% increase over the 965 households currently participating under LBS.’ – Boon Wan

I cannot fault the Govt for all the schemes they have crafted to help the people that needed help to survive in the world’s most expensive city of millionaires. Some may find it strange that the Govt would have to come up with all kinds of things to help the millionaires and half millionaires to get by, including selling the only piece of worthy asset they have. And this LBS is getting more successful by the day with more and more half millionaires hooking up to the scheme.

I am sure all the generous schemes to help the poor millionaires are also very successful. The queues for free abalone porridge or free chicken rice must also be very long and very successful. The queues for handouts must also be very long and a good thing to celebrate, another successful govt aid scheme. Last night the queue at MRT stations for a $50 top up was so successful that MRT stations were packed and some scenes were quite chaotic with the oldies frantically pushing to get their $50 in case they missed it.

From another angle, I look at these successful schemes as a failure in our society, where people are in desperate needs for help, all kinds of help that the Govt can offer. I would rather celebrate when all the Govt assistance schemes failed, made redundant, in the sense that the people did not need them, that the people are wealthy or comfortable enough to be on their own, without having to depend on Govt assistance schemes. The more Govt assistance schemes available, the more successful they are in terms of recipients and people hoping and needing assistance, the more it is a sign of a failed society.

Why would a city of millionaires and half millionaires be seeking Govt assistance schemes and willing to queue in public to tell the world that they need handouts, charity and assistance, that they are failures in life? In this sense, I hope to see that all the Govt assistance schemes are not well attended and not well received or even rejected by the people as the people are comfortable enough not to have to beg and queue for such schemes.

When all these schemes are successful, it is not something to crow about, to be proud of, not something to cheer about like winning gold in the SEA Games. It is a sign of failure to improve the well being of the people, to spread wealth and affluence to the people.

When the pawn shops are doing roaring business and more new pawn shops are sprouting up the HDB estates, it is bad, it is not something to claim credit for.

Am I crazy to say this?

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2...ingapore+News) (http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2015/06/khaw-boon-wan-hdb-lease-buyback-scheme.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+N ews))

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?208816-Why-govt-s-claims-of-success-in-any-scheme-are-actually-failures&goto=newpost).