PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Putin says Kiasu Kiasi Europeans fear Moscow Invasion are IMH Fit

Sammyboy RSS Feed
07-06-2015, 04:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2249511 (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/insane-person-fear-russian-aggresion-putin-article-1.2249511)

Russian President Vladimir Putin says ‘only an insane person’ would fear Russian attack on NATO
BY Tobias Salinger
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, June 7, 2015, 1:40 AM

A A A

Share this URL

3TP Aleksey Nikolskyi/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/REUTERS
Russian President Vladimir Putin is questioned during an interview with Italian journalists timed ahead of his upcoming trip to the country.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said “only an insane person” would fear Russian aggression against Western countries in an interview with an Italian newspaper.

Putin again denied that his country had provoked or contributed to any of the fighting in Ukraine that the U.N. says has taken over 6,000 lives in the conversation with journalists from Il Corriere della Sera, according to an English transcript posted Saturday on his official website.

“As for some countries’ concerns about Russia's possible aggressive actions, I think that only an insane person and only in a dream can imagine that Russia would suddenly attack NATO,” Putin said. “I think some countries are simply taking advantage of people’s fears with regard to Russia.”

He added, “Let me tell you something – there is no need to fear Russia. The world has changed so drastically that people with some common sense cannot even imagine such a large-scale military conflict today. We have other things to think about, I assure you.”

The ongoing conflict between Ukraine’s Western-backed government and pro-Russian separatists in the eastern section of the former Soviet satellite country will reportedly loom large in Putin’s Wednesday meeting at the Vatican with Pope Francis. The Russian president is also scheduled to appear at Russia Day in Milan at Expo Milano 2015 this week.

Italian journalist Paolo Valentino asked Putin whether Russians feel betrayed by Europe “like a lover abandoned by his mistress” during the wide-ranging discussion.
Russia fully backs the February ceasefire in Ukraine, Putin told the journalists from Italian newspaper Il Corriere della Sera. Aleksey Nikolskyi/RIA Novosti/Kremlin
Russia fully backs the February ceasefire in Ukraine, Putin told the journalists from Italian newspaper Il Corriere della Sera.

“In this kind of a relationship with a woman, that is, if you assume no obligations, you have no right to claim any obligations from your partner,” Putin said. “We have never viewed Europe as a mistress. I am quite serious now.”

“We have always proposed a serious relationship. But now I have the impression that Europe has actually been trying to establish material-based relations with us, and solely for its own gain.”

Russian officials have placed the country's troops along the Ukraine's border and in rebel-controlled areas "in unprecedented numbers" after clashes that broke out this week despite a February ceasefire, Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko said at a press conference on Friday, according to BBC News.

Follow on Twitter @tobysalkc

[email protected]

Related Stories
Russian agency creates army of trolls to spread propaganda

Russia bans 89 European politicians

Putin: U.S. trying to take away Russia's 2018 World Cup

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?208261-Vladimir-Putin-says-Kiasu-Kiasi-Europeans-fear-Moscow-Invasion-are-IMH-Fit&goto=newpost).