PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Hand Grenade of MGTOW

Sammyboy RSS Feed
07-06-2015, 12:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

i have been doing a lot of researching on this MGTOW thing.. This is a rather interesting video.. pls watch it all and i also will post comments of the video below.

Quote:
If you are in a steady relationship, all may be fine and dandy as long as you both live in separate domiciles and clearly have your separate property. However, immediately if you decide to live in the same home, and start acquiring shared property, problems can arise.

As said, suppose that your partner dies. Who owns all the stuff now? If you were legally married, you own everything, no questions asked. If you were not legally married, your partner's closest relatives own what she owned... which may be up to dispute. Cue lengthy and ugly legal battles, where you might even lose things you personally purchased and owned prior to the relationship (yes, it happens.)

And that's only one example of rights you get automatically and pretty much for free when you get married.

Reply:

Again, with all due respect, I am not so foolish as to concede independence for no benefit.

My bank account is in my name alone, my tenancy agreement is my name alone (as would be the case with owned property), my car is in my name alone, etc. Being in a committed relationship with someone should not necessitate giving up one's independence.

ques: So if you happen to die, your partner is left with nothing?

Ans: Of course not. Firstly, I have a will that dictates what shall be bequeathed to whom. Secondly, she will have her own savings, assets, etc.

If your next question is "what if she doesn't have x, y, and z?", my answer would be: I don't date leeches.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?208247-The-Holy-Hand-Grenade-of-MGTOW&goto=newpost).