15-04-2006, 08:00 AM
For updates on inspection time

For updates on inspection time ????????? :confused:

sbfpolis
15-04-2006, 08:01 AM
The polis got fixed inspection time meh ?:confused:

tongkat.ali
15-04-2006, 08:41 AM
it's not Police, it's LTA officer, but they outsourced some of the stuff to the auxillary CISCO police which is not the real police.

anyway, yes, there are inspection time for it, but you need to get the insider info lor.

anyway, why bother to go JB and pump that little tiny heavily subsidized petrol? Further it is being diluted with some chemicals. I almost fainted when I saw singaporeans shaking their cars like bonking gals while pumping their petrol, i hope the threadstarter is not the same type of person hehe....it's very bad for the car.....FYI.

samsonite
15-04-2006, 01:57 PM
i remember i once when with empty tank, niddle almost touching E sign,
and i pumped 78 ringgit worth of petrol into it..

Do you think this enough to compensate the RM20?

Kentn
15-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I heard they are not enforcing it nowaday eventhough the 3/4 signboard is still there. went in few times (at different timing) but never see any CISCO guy at the inspection counter.

salza
15-04-2006, 02:40 PM
I just went in and kena that inspection. Dun sabo okay?

acma
15-04-2006, 03:19 PM
i remember i once when with empty tank, niddle almost touching E sign,
and i pumped 78 ringgit worth of petrol into it..

Do you think this enough to compensate the RM20?

The inspection time: When you going in, that's the time they check:D

This RM20 haven't start why bother so much. You should worry about $50 or $500 when you get caught for going into JB with empty tank.

LeMoN
15-04-2006, 03:29 PM
For updates on inspection time

Usually after 5pm, there won't be any more checks. Anyway no need to maintain 3/4. As long as more than 1/2 tank can already. Every time I kena check, always less than 3/4 but slightly more than 1/2 tank.

Also, I've yet to encounter the check after evening time.

KatoeyLover69
15-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Usually after 5pm, there won't be any more checks. Anyway no need to maintain 3/4. As long as more than 1/2 tank can already. Every time I kena check, always less than 3/4 but slightly more than 1/2 tank.

Also, I've yet to encounter the check after evening time.

Evening time, the CISCO officers go for a LONG dinner break, maybe from 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm and Muslim officers go to the mosque to 'sembayang' ( It is compulsory for Muslims to 'sembayang' 5 times per day )

Superbaby
15-04-2006, 10:30 PM
anyway, why bother to go JB and pump that little tiny heavily subsidized petrol? Further it is being diluted with some chemicals. I almost fainted when I saw singaporeans shaking their cars like bonking gals while pumping their petrol, i hope the threadstarter is not the same type of person hehe....it's very bad for the car.....FYI.
Bro Tongkat Ali,.. eventhough you are Malaysian, you don't have the evidence that shows that the Malaysian's petrol been diluted with chemicals. So please don't spoil the Petronas' brand name as well as the rest of the petrol station in Malaysia.
I understand that you might suspect the occurence of this issue but there is no prove. Anyway, thanks a lot for your information. :)

gremio
16-04-2006, 01:54 AM
hi guys,

i went in yesterday, around 5.30pm and was checked by a cisco officer.

when i go in after mid-nite for supper and car wash, so far no check.

KatoeyLover69
16-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Evening time, the CISCO officers go for a LONG dinner break, maybe from 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm and Muslim officers go to the mosque to 'sembayang' ( It is compulsory for Muslims to 'sembayang' 5 times per day )

hi guys,

i went in yesterday, around 5.30pm and was checked by a cisco officer.

when i go in after mid-nite for supper and car wash, so far no check.

Aiyah............ 5.30 p.m. too early for dinner ............that's why kena checked by CISCO officer ............ they only go for dinner after 6.00 p.m. / 7.00 p.m.

After dinner, they will go for supper about 12.00 midnight to about 2.00 am / 3.00 am ( Have to eat a lot while ob duty because the job is damn 'boring' checking people's petrol meters; they would rather check under ladies' skirts to find whether the pussies have been 'shaved' or not :D )

KatoeyLover69
16-04-2006, 06:16 AM

Bro Tongkat Ali,.. even though you are Malaysian, you don't have the evidence that shows that the Malaysian's petrol been diluted with chemicals. So please don't spoil the Petronas' brand name as well as the rest of the petrol station in Malaysia.
I understand that you might suspect the occurence of this issue but there is no prove. Anyway, thanks a lot for your information.

I don't think that Bro Tongkat Ali is Malaysian - it's more likely that he is a Singaporean out to 'sabo' Malaysia's good name.

I agree with Bro Tongkat Ali that it is very stupid and in fact rather 'comical' to see those Singaporeans 'shaking' their cars while pumping in petrol at all the JB petrol stations - very typical Singaporean 'kiasu behaviour' to think that while 'shaking' their cars they will be able to fill up 'more' petrol in their tanks. Someone should take videos of all this 'shaking' and put it on Channel 5 / Channel U and call it ' National Shaker of the Year ' and let the viewers decide by SMS who is the 'best shaker' and who is the ' most sexy lady shaker ' :D kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke

dathinman
16-04-2006, 12:03 PM
samsonite,

Malaysia petrol cost around RM1.92 per liter. You fill up RM78 which makes it about 40 liters. Malaysia government is subsidizing petrol at RM0.54/liter.

You have enjoyed a subsidy of RM21.60 from the Malaysia government. ;)

I sure hope you are in the minority and that most Singaporeans adhere to the 3/4 tank rule.

dathinman
16-04-2006, 12:06 PM
tongkat.ali,

So, you never ever fill up at JB petrol stations unless you really have to, i.e. close to running out of petrol and can't make it back to Singapore? :D

Spore Cuntel
16-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Bro Tongkat Ali,.. eventhough you are Malaysian, you don't have the evidence that shows that the Malaysian's petrol been diluted with chemicals. So please don't spoil the Petronas' brand name as well as the rest of the petrol station in Malaysia.
I understand that you might suspect the occurence of this issue but there is no prove. Anyway, thanks a lot for your information. :)

Bro SB, that is not true hor, depending on which station you pump. Once I pumped full tank and less than 50Km, my indicator already at the 3/4 tank (mind you, my full tank is more than S$70 if pump in Sg). They DO add different chemical inside. My wife's (who is a malaysian) kampong folks all said the same thing.

So I make it a point to NOT pump petrol from Petronas' and in small town / villages where the owner francised the brand to run the station. Dunno how true but better be safe than sorry.

Also, when you comes back from Tuas link, you will notice a lot of car (be it Sg or Malaysian) pump their petrol from Mobil instead of Petronas just beside them even though they have to queue. This will actually tell you something.

Spore Cuntel
16-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Anyway, i will bet that the RM20 will die of natural death as the incentive Vs the jam to JB will be diminishing.

dathinman
16-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Spore Cuntel,

If your car showed such a high consumption of fuel, you would have had a very noticeable lowering of performance. Did you notice anything else?

Petronas petrol is as good as any other petrol. But I do not discount the possibility of unscrupulous operators in smaller towns selling adulterated fuel to make more money. The problem lies with the operators/franchisees not Petronas. And the unscrupulous operators/franchisees need not necessary be Petronas ones.

But in cities and large towns, I don't think you would have this problem. It would be difficult to have a dubious looking petrol truck with chemicals drive up and unload its contents.

Spore Cuntel
16-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Spore Cuntel,

If your car showed such a high consumption of fuel, you would have had a very noticeable lowering of performance. Did you notice anything else?

Petronas petrol is as good as any other petrol. But I do not discount the possibility of unscrupulous operators in smaller towns selling adulterated fuel to make more money. The problem lies with the operators/franchisees not Petronas. And the unscrupulous operators/franchisees need not necessary be Petronas ones.

But in cities and large towns, I don't think you would have this problem. It would be difficult to have a dubious looking petrol truck with chemicals drive up and unload its contents.

That's true but my observation on tuas second link on the way back also true leh, next time when you drive thru the tuas link, kindly see for yourself exp after long holiday. The queue in Mobil and the few cars in Petronas station very obvious.

Superbaby
16-04-2006, 01:19 PM
They DO add different chemical inside. My wife's (who is a malaysian) kampong folks all said the same thing. So I make it a point to NOT pump petrol from Petronas' and in small town / villages where the owner francised the brand to run the station. Dunno how true but better be safe than sorry. Also, when you comes back from Tuas link, you will notice a lot of car (be it Sg or Malaysian) pump their petrol from Mobil instead of Petronas just beside them even though they have to queue. This will actually tell you something.
Bro Spore Cuntel, to the certain extent there might be possibilities that this incident occurred. It is not suprise that there are unscrupulous operators in small town or village as mentioned by bro Dathinman.
As for the Tuas Link, I agree with you that the queue is longer at Mobil station than Petronas station. There are two reasons being that:

1) Rumours saying that Petronas add in Kerosine or other chemicals to the petrol. I did receive this kind of rumours.
2) Based on the location of the petrol station, you will reach Mobil first, then follow by Petronas. Usually people will go to the first petrol station they see as Petronas was also blocked by Mobil station at the Tuas Link.
3) The perception of Petronas as a Malaysian's company in which the quality of its petrol is not pure.

This same apply to some countries. As for myself, I seldom go to SPC petrol station due to the perception that foreign petrol's quality is better.
Anyway, I can't deny that there is possiblities the incident will occur but just that when we don't have any prove, we shall not say the statement such as "Further it is being diluted with some chemicals" by Bro Tongkat Ali.:)

dathinman
16-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Spore Cuntel,

I don't doubt your observation about the Tuas Link. But I think that has more to do with the perception (right or wrong) of those drivers about Petronas petrol.

I don't usually fill up at Petronas myself. Part of the reason is the petrol stations near my house are Shell. :)

Another reason is I sort of boycotting Petronas for now because they make so much money already but still the government has to increase prices. That is probably the wrong way at looking at it, but still..... :D

Anyway, i will bet that the RM20 will die of natural death as the incentive Vs the jam to JB will be diminishing.

Actually, the Malaysian government haven't decided on anything yet; date of implementation, the amount to charge. The last we heard was they were ironing out the details.

I think the news was 'leaked' to get some reaction from the public first. Then only they decide.

tongkat.ali
16-04-2006, 10:15 PM
guys, I pump Malaysia petroleum more than any of you guys here, I have 2 proton, 1 is Iswara, 1 is Wira, and they are all MY registered cars :D 1 week I need to pump more than 3 times for each car.

In general, ALL PETROLEUM STATIONS do mix with different types or different concentration of chemicals to dilute the petrol. It is not rumous, everybody's talking about it! But who cares? We got no choice, and those franchisees got no choice, coz that's the only way they can suck more money from the consumers! And it's OKAY, not big deal one, I never see Malaysian complaining about it. It's more like a joke we always chat about after meal.

If you dun believe, go and get samples from various stations, send the samples from Singapore to NUS chemistry lab for testing. If you're willing to pay, I am willing to do the testing for you to testify what I said.

Shell franchisees are warned not to "mixed" so much compared to others, Caltex one depends, sometimes the Principle close 1 eye lar.....

I'm not spoiling Malaysia's good name. I do not think there is anything wrong with the not so pure Petroleum. You pay for what you get what?

Superbaby
16-04-2006, 10:25 PM
guys, I pump Malaysia petroleum more than any of you guys here, I have 2 proton, 1 is Iswara, 1 is Wira, and they are all MY registered cars :D
In general, ALL PETROLEUM STATIONS do mix with different types or different concentration of chemicals to dilute the petrol. It is not rumous, everybody's talking about it! But who cares? We got no choice, and those franchisees got no choice, coz that's the only way they can suck more money from the consumers!
Perhaps, you are right. I am not sure as you might have tested the sample at NUS. So what is the differences since you pump your petrol almost everyday. Care to enlighten. I seldom pump in Malaysia as frequent as you.

tongkat.ali
16-04-2006, 10:32 PM
brother Superbaby, my cars are all running mostly on MY's road.

We dun bother or rather NEVER pump SG petrol, so what do you expect me to answer you? I think my father used to pump once or twice, he really can tell the difference by the response of the engine. The thing is, dun mix petrol. If you drive a SG car, try not to pump in MY, if you drive a MY car, try not to pump in SG. Once or twice is alright lar, otherwise, not very good for the engine one. Anyway, SG car only got less than 10 years lifespan, they also heck care lar.....

Anyway, my father is no longer in this world for coming 3 years soon, so, I can't ask him anymore.........sob sob......

Superbaby
16-04-2006, 10:47 PM
brother Superbaby, my cars are all running mostly on MY's road.

We dun bother or rather NEVER pump SG petrol, so what do you expect me to answer you? I think my father used to pump once or twice, he really can tell the difference by the response of the engine. The thing is, dun mix petrol. If you drive a SG car, try not to pump in MY, if you drive a MY car, try not to pump in SG. Once or twice is alright lar, otherwise, not very good for the engine one. Anyway, SG car only got less than 10 years lifespan, they also heck care lar.....

Anyway, my father is no longer in this world for coming 3 years soon, so, I can't ask him anymore.........sob sob......
Thank you very much for your information. I really appreciate it. Sorry to hear that your father is no longer here.
Anyway, I think I will still pump petrol in Malaysia when I go there. Like you said,..heck are...as my car is going to scrap this August. Let me get a new car and I will consider whether to pump MY petrol when I go to Malaysia..haha..most likely will...:D

dathinman
17-04-2006, 12:18 AM
tongkat.ali,

Those sound like additives to the petrol. Wouldn't 'dilution' result in a lower octane level? After all, what you pump is supposed to be RON97 or RON95 (?). The octane levels should be fixed.

Yes, lots of people talk about it. They have been talking about this for years, actually. But doesn't mean it is true, right? Here is something from a singapore bike forum going back to 2003.
http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21725&st=0

As for asking us to get samples and pay money for tests to prove you right (or wrong), I am going to be blunt, why should we? You made an assertion, shouldn't you be providing the proof? :D

pomrakthai
17-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Perhaps, you are right. I am not sure as you might have tested the sample at NUS. So what is the differences since you pump your petrol almost everyday. Care to enlighten. I seldom pump in Malaysia as frequent as you.

Wowee, from the entrance fee it jumped to MY petrol conditions....what a forum...yet it is interesting though.

This excited me...yeah...let me share my experience:

[1] Many theories [not rumours] abound regarding the dilution of petrol.

[2] There is very high chance of you getting a certain volume of air when you pump petrol during a hot day. This I could attest as I scored badly on FC after a fill-up with any pump. Rule: if possible fill up your tank at night!

[3] I have tried all kinds of petrol from all kinds of pumps in MY. To me, there is a difference in brands [say: Petronas is different from Shell and Shell is different from Mobil / Esso]. I used to pump up on Caltex, but I discovered a trend was that Caltex petrol accelarate my exhaust box corrosion. It was kind of acidic! I switched to Esso which had been OK. Well, I also alternate between Shell and Esso. More or less the same. After the introduction of chip-based credit cards [normally I pump on credit...no money mah!] I got fed up with going to the cashier all the time to activate the pump. So I switched to Petronas [which all the while I have been boycotting cos of their govenment servant like services]. Well Petronas petrol worked very well with my car and very convenient to pump now with credit card reader on each pump itself!

[4] There is a risk when you pump petrol from dilapidated pumps! The petrol is normally stored in underground tanks. At those dilipidated petrol stations [normally found in rural MY and quite rare in big towns], the underground water tanks often did not get maintained so there is always a potential of water ingress into the tanks, causing water dilution [actually not dilution but a mixture of petrol and water existing one on top of the other]. The water could actually find its way into your petrol tank via filling up's. The water should normally stay at the lower portion of your petrol tank and over time it will corrode your petrol tank and corrosion scales will be pumped along your fuel lines and eventually block your fuel pump or even your fuel filter and for those carb engines, it will also block the fuel feed nozzle! You will feel your engine jerking alot at this stage and may die off [known as flame off due to fuel starvation] Rule: never use fill up petrol at empty or near empty tank!

[5] Sometimes, even well maintained petrol stations will get water contamination if they are located at flood prone areas [example: along Jalan Pasir Gudang, JB] and nearby to rivers. Beware and avoid.

[6] It was often thought that kerosene could be added to petrol. Well, you will feel it straight away as kerosene and petrol have difference octane ratings. It is a strictly guarded secret as regards to the laboratory results from occasional audit tests taken by those petrol companies. Defaulters may just be warned. Any action taken? I doubt it as it is not easy to close a petrol station and change owners. What I gathered was an order to pump out all petrol from the underground tanks and fill up with fresh petrol again if such malpractices were discovered.

[7] There is one thing to ponder: petrol may escape through evaporation via a relief valve and hose leading form the tank to the exterior! So, if petrol is left in the car during a hot day, it might lose some to the atmosphere. maybe the cost of a cup of teh tarik is lost!

[8] Someone asked me whether the petrol in the tank will spill out as the car is driven like a mad dog [or rather driven by a mad dog] with 5g turns and decellerations. NO! the petrol tank has punctuated partitions [walls with holes]to prevent lip-lashing of petrol during drives. No worries.

Just some keh-poh chi talk, OK?:D

jetli188
17-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Dear Bros,
All the oil co add in additives for performance or cleansing of the engine so to claim.No body bothers to add chemicals to dilute the petrol.This chemicals cud be more expensive than the petrol.

Kerosine is retailing more than RM2.00 /ltr and who wanted to mix when the station operator cud buy petrol from the oil co for RM1.835 (margin of RM0.085).

This station would find selling diesel to the industry lucrative than to dilute petrol

dathinman
17-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Bros noticing a difference in Singapoe petrol and Malaysia petrol, this may be due to higher sulphur content in Malaysia petrol. But there will be a new grade coming soon.

The Star
Monday April 3, 2006

Firms can supply cleaner fuel at higher price

By EDDIE CHUA

KUALA LUMPUR: Consumers will get to use diesel and petrol with a lower sulphur content once the petroleum companies receive government approval for the pricing of a new European standard formula.

The Euro 2M and Euro 3 specifications for fuel would meet new measures under the Ninth Malaysia Plan to address the issues of air quality and discharge of pollutants.

The companies already possessed the technology to produce cleaner fuel with lower emissions, and were ready to deploy the new formula.

However, they said they would have to first deal with the Government on their cost recovery measures.

Petronas Dagangan chief executive officer Ibrahim Marsidi said they were discussing with the Government on how to include the cost in the production of the new fuel.

He added that the company was supportive of the Government plans to reduce air pollution using cleaner technology.

A Shell Malaysia spokesman said they too supported the steps taken by the Government in ensuring better air quality.

“We are ready to comply with the Euro 2M’s stringent standards,” he said.

The spokesman said they could introduce the new fuel into the market within three months' notice but the additional cost of producing the Euro 2M specification fuel would have to be addressed.

“Shell will seek the Government’s support in recovering the production cost.”

Under the 9MP, the Government had pledged that it would carry out studies to come out with an action plan to improve the air quality, especially in urban areas.

The Government proposed to reduce the sulphur content in diesel from 3,000 parts per million (ppm) to 500 ppm and petrol from 1,500 ppm to 500 ppm.

tongkat.ali
17-04-2006, 01:22 AM
cool, didn't know there are so much in depth information :D

but the next car I'm going to buy.....most probably is a hybrid car, 1 battery operated engine and 1 petrol one. Superbaby, you may want to consider this. From toyota, forgot what's it called, my friend said safe a lot on petrol leh. Battery 10 years warranty.

Superbaby
17-04-2006, 09:40 AM
cool, didn't know there are so much in depth information :D

but the next car I'm going to buy.....most probably is a hybrid car, 1 battery operated engine and 1 petrol one. Superbaby, you may want to consider this. From toyota, forgot what's it called, my friend said safe a lot on petrol leh. Battery 10 years warranty.
Good recommendation. I will find more info abt this. Thanks.

KatoeyLover69
17-04-2006, 03:21 PM
cool, didn't know there are so much in depth information

Forget about hybrid car - battery-operated & petrol-operated.

Scientists are in the process of making car-fuel using palm oil. No need to buy petrol/diesel for your cars any more - just use palm oil. BTW, Malaysia is the largest producer of palm oil in the World

tongkat.ali
17-04-2006, 04:16 PM
brother KatoeyLover69, dun think I have the time to wait nor the money to spend on the palm oil car. Probably by the time superbaby scrap his new hybrid car at the end of 10 years later, this kind of palm oil car is still not widely available at an affordable range.

KLKOOL
17-04-2006, 06:53 PM
bro tongkat.ali, the name of the car is Toyota Prius I think....

tongkat.ali
18-04-2006, 09:17 AM
pretty nice car I would say:
http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2006/prius/prius_mainlg.jpg

actually Camry also have hybrid model already, in fact, cheaper than Prius for certain model:
http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/2007/camry/gallery/exterior/large/photo_1.jpg

cabayasi
18-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Bros, just for info, pass by the checkpoint at around 8pm, an officer was checking 3/4 tank. So no dinner break or just finish.

Superbaby
19-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Bros, just for info, pass by the checkpoint at around 8pm, an officer was checking 3/4 tank. So no dinner break or just finish.
Hmm..noted,...Thanks for your information. Actually it is recommended not to take the chance because of the small amount of money. Better follows the rules.

Malaysian Datuk
20-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Mostly they will let you pass even if slightly above the halfway mark......in the event that you are sway then go in office and explain.....if you got glib mouth can talk yourself out with a verbal warning......if not 1st timers S$50 fine......then still must U-turn back....if heng then no need to U-turn just proceed......

This check is randomly conducted.....there are no meal times or change shifts or late nights or peak/lull periods when they are more lax.....

stephan
21-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Mostly they will let you pass even if slightly above the halfway mark......in the event that you are sway then go in office and explain.....if you got glib mouth can talk yourself out with a verbal warning......if not 1st timers S$50 fine......then still must U-turn back....if heng then no need to U-turn just proceed......

This check is randomly conducted.....there are no meal times or change shifts or late nights or peak/lull periods when they are more lax.....

I agreed with u bro, I also travel quite frequence to Malaysia and I share same experience with u. Cheers!