PDA

View Full Version : Singapore is really really blessed to have LKY!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
09-04-2015, 11:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Mahathir cranks up pressure on Najib
Posted on 9 April 2015

PETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today cranked up the pressure on Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak, asking why Najib was unwilling to answer simple questions he posed.

"Instead of answering me, he asks people to support him," Mahathir said in a posting on his blog, chedet.cc today.

He added that the prime minister is now getting pledges of support from Umno division chiefs, Barisan Nasional leaders and other groups.

"I am not asking anybody to support me. But I am going to ask all those who support Najib to declare they all support his 1MDB, 1MDB borrowing RM42 billion and his inability to answer where the money is," Mahathir said.

"I would like to ask the supporters whether their support means the disappearance of RM42 billion is okay, that there is no necessity to at least explain where the money is. If you do, go tell Daim, Tengku Razaleigh, Shahrir Samad and Khairy Jamaluddin to shut up," he added, referring to some senior leaders who have raised the issue previously.

Mahathir also questioned if 1MDB keeping billions of ringgit in Cayman Islands is acceptable to Najib's supporters.

"Do you also support that having brought back the money, it must be kept in a Swiss bank in Singapore? Do you also support the explanation that the money cannot be brought back to Malaysia by the Prime Minister and Minister of Finance because Bank Negara will ask too many questions?" he asked.

The former prime minister also questioned if Najib's supporters also supported the purchase of government land in Kuala Lumpur at far below market prices while buying power plants from the private sector at higher rates.

He added it was suggested that the land be sold to government companies at inflated prices so as to pay the billions borrowed by 1MDB.

Dr Mahathir said if this was true, it would mean that the fund, which borrowed RM42 billion, could not pay its debts from its investments and that it had lost the billions.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?204502-Singapore-is-really-really-blessed-to-have-LKY!&goto=newpost).