PDA

View Full Version : he has failed taxi license test 70 times

Sammyboy RSS Feed
02-04-2015, 02:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

61-year-old Shi Zhao Lin definitely has some extreme perseverance, for he refuses to give up despite failing his taxi license test 70 times.

According to Lianhe Wanbao, he says he will continue till he passes.

Mr Shi said in an interview with the Chinese newspaper:

"I thought getting a taxi license would not be hard, but I didn't know because my English isn't very good, I would fail time and again.

"I don't understand the questions on the test, so I keep failing one section."

Mr Shi used to be a contractor who helped repair air-conditioning units for many years.

Two years ago, the company was in a bad spot economically and closed down.

To take care of his 100-year-old mother and his wife, he sought jobs at other places as a repairman, but was unsuccessful.

Thus, he decided to become a taxi driver.

However, it has been five months and 70 tries later, and he still hasn't gotten the license.

Each try costs $15, and including fees for lessons, he has already spent more than $1,000.

When asked why he wanted to keep persevering, he answered, "My children keep encouraging me, I don't want to let them down."

There are five sections to pass to get a taxi license, and Mr Shi just needs to pass this one more.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?204121-he-has-failed-taxi-license-test-70-times&goto=newpost).