PDA

View Full Version : Roy and his tribute to LKY

Sammyboy RSS Feed
28-03-2015, 03:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My friends asked me to go with them for the memorial service of Lee Kuan Yew at the Parliament House two nights ago. We queued for 3 hours but had to leave when a friend started feeling unwell. I went to another memorial event today.
It took me a while to think about what to write. Truth is, I feel a sense of injustice for what has been happening for the past 50 years but as I thought through within, I realised that this could also be a time of forgiveness and letting go. He was a man of controversies, many are angry but many are as well grateful.
Rightly or not, Singapore did propel itself during the early years because of Lee Kuan Yew's strongman leadership. But rights were also eroded.
After processing my thoughts within, this was what I wrote. They are my honest and sincere feelings.
I truly believe that at this time of his passing, we have a chance to renew our hope for Singapore and from where he is, I do believe that his freed soul can help us to start anew. I mean this with all my heart.
May all be well for our country. This is an opportunity for us as a nation to forgive and let go, and to reconcile with the truth, so that we can unite towards a new hope. I hope that we will be strong enough to move on from this together.
(I will continue to be honest to speak up on what I believe were mistakes that were made in the past and present but during these few days of the family's mourning, I will refrain from doing so. I do not know how long this sense of forgiveness can last for me but it is a process, and I hope that as the nation goes through this journey together in each of our own way, something good can come out from it.)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?203733-Roy-and-his-tribute-to-LKY&goto=newpost).