PDA

View Full Version : Son of ex ISA detainee Fong Swee Suan on LKY in the hospital:

Sammyboy RSS Feed
27-02-2015, 10:20 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Otto Fong
Yesterday at 2:20pm ·

On LKY in the hospital:

It's hard to like the man. In his quest to build a nation of his vision, he screwed over some very good men and women. Dr Lim Hock Siew, Lim Chin Siong, and of course, my dad Fong Swee Suan. My family has had to live with the labels he pushed upon dad for decades, and I'm not sure the inconvenience has ever completely stopped. The hard line attitude LKY held for art and artists have definitely hurt our creative industry as newer leaders tried to do what he did in the new era.

However, LKY has given his whole life to Singapore. Moving the country out of poverty, building a strong middle-class group, and educating enough people so that we become a knowledge-based economy are no mean tasks. The deals LKY have to make with the various powers inside and outside of the country certainly came with massive strings attached - our policies cannot be made in a vacuum without taking our neighbors and the world into consideration.

We must forgive, and we must not forget. We keep fighting for what is right, but we fight respectfully. And certainly give credit where credit is due.

A man of his time is lying in the hospital. I wish upon him as I would someone who has done more good to more people than harm to others, as a man with a family who loves him dearly: To Mr Lee Kuan Yew and family, more health and less suffering, more happiness and less pain.

(Special thanks to Weeteck Yeoh for his inspiring post on the issue.)
Like ·

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11017705_10152614057910636_903405306536171230_n.jp g?oh=d6a075bccd0a87e04fc827e5ba976095&oe=558C5DB0&__gda__=1434727898_a3dc366a0ddc2ddfd2b2a95826fd99b 6

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?201560-Son-of-ex-ISA-detainee-Fong-Swee-Suan-on-LKY-in-the-hospital&goto=newpost).