PDA

View Full Version : PRC student in Spore

dirtymonk82
11-02-2006, 03:29 PM
What happen when a prc student in a local poly get pregent? Will she get deployed back to china?

Pikadrian83
11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
How old is she??

dirtymonk82
11-02-2006, 03:42 PM
>21

legal to have sex

milo_man
11-02-2006, 03:52 PM
unless she is on scholarship or bond,she will be fine cos she is under no law and above 21.Even she is bonded, i dun think she will be send back.At e most consider break bond and pay e penalty stated in contract.

schwing
11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
most are on scholarship (as they could not afford the cost here) and are supposed to meet certain requirement in order to proceed further. i guess if they get pregnant and thus may disrupt their studies, their scholarship may get affected too. :(

euro2004
11-02-2006, 04:17 PM
alamak bro... what happen?
tell us more leh...

owen10
11-02-2006, 05:07 PM
dun thk our authorities have d right to deport her, esp if she's here to study n above 21. PRC gals studying in sg shd still be allowed to have fun mah. N even if she gets pregnant it's not a crime. BUT hor, if she's here on scholarship then high chances d sponsor may terminate contract n ask her to go bk China lor. unless it's still in time for her to abort baby n cover up. :(

Deep Blue
11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
No matter what the case is, if she gets remove from bond then I think both she and the guy have to be responsible for this. Imagine the peer and family pressure she face when get back home. And spending so much time and effort to get the bond then to lose it this way, I think it is not worth it. :cool:

Sorin^^
11-02-2006, 05:37 PM
No matter what the case is, if she gets remove from bond then I think both she and the guy have to be responsible for this. Imagine the peer and family pressure she face when get back home. And spending so much time and effort to get the bond then to lose it this way, I think it is not worth it. :cool:

Agree with u bro. Hmmm, maybe can ask the local guy who got her pregnant to be responsible and marry her so she can stay in Singapore as well as study too.:)

Keong19
11-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Regardless whether she is on student pass OR work permit, the only legal ways to stay in Singapore is to marry a Singaporean unless that foreigner is a professional like doctor, engineer etc.

If she is pregnant during her course of studies, most likely she will will be deported back if the authority knows about it.

Wish u good luck Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingEros
11-02-2006, 06:26 PM
What happen when a prc student in a local poly get pregent? Will she get deployed back to china?
Any foreigner on student pass have to declare & be confirmed by a doc that she's not pregnant at the point of application ... should she get pregnant thereafter, I'm not sure if she'd get deported - quite likely the case though. Even if she gets to stay on, I'm sure the baby will not be allowed to assume citizenship.

If this is your gal you're talking about, I suggest you get her out of her student pass first ... then bring her back on social pass & register your marriage with her ... after the baby is born & she got her citizenship, she can then slowly continue her education anywhere here.

Hmmm, maybe can ask the local guy who got her pregnant to be responsible and marry her so she can stay in Singapore as well as study too.
Regardless whether she is on student pass OR work permit, the only legal way to stay in Singapore is to marry a Singaporean unless that foreigner is a professional like doctor, engineer etc.
WRONG ...
Remember the documentary on this Sillyporean man who registered a marriage with a domestic maid back in her country while she was still on a work permit here?? The trouble they had to go through as she can't get into Sillypore ever again ... on the count that the marriage was to "bluff" a citizenship for herself??

Keong19
11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
WRONG ...
Remember the documentary on this Sillyporean man who registered a marriage with a domestic maid back in her country while she was still on a work permit here?? The trouble they had to go through as she can't get into Sillypore ever again ... on the count that the marriage was to "bluff" a citizenship for herself??

Oh, sorry Bro this is my error but this is very rare. Whatsoever, the MOST common way to stay in Singapore is still to marry a Singaporean although it is on a case by case basis.

euro2004
11-02-2006, 06:55 PM
marrying a singaporean nowadays doesn't means comfirm citizenship.
So how did it happen... come on.
what did happen...

Sorin^^
11-02-2006, 08:11 PM
WRONG ...

Icic, sorry dude, my mistake.:) Hmmm, so this lady would have have to go back to china and forth bfore she can finally settle here man.

Hanxinco88
11-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Bro...the chances of deportion are on the high side in this instance.

Threadstarter....instead of finding information here...why not consult ICA or MOM???

Cheers

Deep Blue
11-02-2006, 08:24 PM
End of day, it is up to the guy and see how he shall solve this problem, afterall he had a "hand" in it. The gal couldn't do much as well given her status. Few minutes of pleasure, life long problems..........:cool:

Rof|maoxz
12-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Regardless whether she is on student pass OR work permit, the only legal ways to stay in Singapore is to marry a Singaporean unless that foreigner is a professional like doctor, engineer etc.

If she is pregnant during her course of studies, most likely she will will be deported back if the authority knows about it.

ICA won't deport pregnant students, unless they commit other immigration offences. "Deport" not very nice lah, student pass being terminated nicer term mah. Keke.

dun thk our authorities have d right to deport her, esp if she's here to study n above 21. PRC gals studying in sg shd still be allowed to have fun mah. N even if she gets pregnant it's not a crime. BUT hor, if she's here on scholarship then high chances d sponsor may terminate contract n ask her to go bk China lor. unless it's still in time for her to abort baby n cover up. :(

Entirely depended on the girl's wishes. If the school get notified of the girl's pregnancy, the school has the right to terminate her student pass, and whatever arrangement between the girl and the school management.

Since she has no study pass, the threadstarter / his frd may sponser her by getting her a STSVP from ICA, subjected to ICA's controller approval. If she wishes to deliver her child in SIngapore. You may refer to this post. (http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=1345375&postcount=172)

As for abortion, I reserved my comments. Both of the concerned party has to decide like an adult. :)

Deep Blue
12-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Agree with u bro. Hmmm, maybe can ask the local guy who got her pregnant to be responsible and marry her so she can stay in Singapore as well as study too.:)
I dont think that is possible as she is here under a bond and likely the bond will not allow her to be pregnant even by a BF in China because fter her studies, she still need to serve her bond.

hornyclown
13-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Ehh... bro hope this is not a true case of yourself

Anyway good luck!!! dun get too carried away

sgpiggybank
13-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi Bro,

I have experience on this bro. My wife is studying on SG and she got pregnant. She is here under student pass and if she get pregnant without getting married. She is in deep trouble. If the school knows about it. They will have to inform Immgration Dept. As for the school they will have to cancel the student pass and she will have to be deported back. She cannot come to singapore again. Her name will be in the blacklist and cannot enter singapore again.

There is only 2 way to save her. Get married ASAP. Apply PR for her, if it fails then the above situation I mention will happen. If she get PR then she will have to cancel her student pass and re-apply it again. Tendency of getting it should be high and the school fees will be cheaper for PR too.

2nd way is to get an abortion when it is early. I will strongly object this as there will be KARMA to it and it is also a very irresponsible way. Please try not to use this wat to escape from problems. Be a MAN.

There is certain citeria for applying PR. If you have CPF, yearly earning more than 30k SGD, Chinese (of course), at least Dipolma. Your wife can get PR in less than 2mths depending on the officer handling the case.

Try calling ICA for more information. Let me know if you have anymore enquiries. As I am in as deep shit as you before.

fat29
14-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Bro, care to explain why Chinese (of course). I thought that any race should be the same.:)

Hi Bro,

I have experience on this bro.

There is certain citeria for applying PR. If you have CPF, yearly earning more than 30k SGD, Chinese (of course), at least Dipolma. Your wife can get PR in less than 2mths depending on the officer handling the case.

MMM88
14-02-2006, 12:17 PM
me knoe of Indon maids married locals or FTs ....n their status changed accordingly....as long as proper documents are presented to MOM and their relations are REAL......me dun see any problem(s) ....

as for foreign students.....me dun tink there is any laws tat say they cannot get pregnant here.......afterall , bf/gf relations are nothing to shout abt unless , she is under the legal age....tat would b statutory rape (i tink).........

t best tings to do is to get married lor.......jus my view.....all t best:)