PDA

View Full Version : White Skunks purposely make it troublesome for patients to use Medisave

Sammyboy RSS Feed
12-09-2014, 05:10 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Spread the word on Medisave option

I HAVE been visiting Bukit Merah Polyclinic for treatment of my high blood pressure for more than a year. Each visit would cost me about $120, and I have been paying in cash.

Recently, I came to know that one can use Medisave to pay for the treatment of chronic diseases such as high blood pressure.

During my last visit to the polyclinic, I told the registration staff that I would like to pay via Medisave, and was given a form to fill in. In the end, my bill came up to $142 and I needed to pay only $21 in cash, with the rest covered by Medisave.

As patients may not know about this option, staff can be more proactive by checking if they would like to pay by Medisave when their medical bill exceeds a certain amount.

Also, why is there a need to inform the registration staff at each visit that I am paying via Medisave, when I have completed the form and the details should be captured in the polyclinic's database?

Hoe Cheng Fong (Madam)

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?189858-White-Skunks-purposely-make-it-troublesome-for-patients-to-use-Medisave&goto=newpost).