PDA

View Full Version : reminicsing HILL ST and ellenborough st hawker centres.....

Sammyboy RSS Feed
10-09-2014, 12:50 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

they demolished hill st hc which was just next to the fire station. it was so conveniently located with a link bridge to funan centre. it was my favorite hawker centre where once the most to die-for char kuay teows were located. yes, 2 very fantastic stalls.

it was a 2 storeys hawker centre with lots of honest to goodness food.

on the ground floor, i remember there was a very happening teochew fishball noodle and many others.

the lst floor boasted a even wider range of foods that are now quite difficult to find. there was the goose/duck rice. there was a very kindly auntie who ran a veggie rice stall. she sold it very cheap and cooked it fresh cos her dishes were all finished in record time! and the way she cooked up a home-made dish was also record time.

now everything dear to us and tummy are all being gradually destroyed.

the place where hill st hc is now is still not utilised until now. sometime u just cannot figure why then in the first the gahmen wanna demolish it?

next hc on my favorite list once was ELLENBOROUGH hc which is now the MARKET STREET HOTEL. i had my vest turtle soup and ter kar tan there. they also had the best curry chicken noodle among other traditional and rare hawker food which very seldom any present ones can compare.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?189754-reminicsing-HILL-ST-and-ellenborough-st-hawker-centres&goto=newpost).