PDA

View Full Version : HIV help

Rooney
10-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Hi, just on wednesday, 3 days ago, i got tested for HIV @ my army camp. Till no the medical center have not rang me up. I dont dare to call back either...

What are chances i might have contracted HIV...would the army medical center usually call me up if they know i have HIV?

Also the medic tried to insert needle once but failed........2nd medic tried on other hand and succeed...now my hand that failed is like bruised big blue patch......Does that mean my blood is dirty?

jason19870313
10-12-2005, 08:42 PM
if you have protected sex not to worry.

daneman
10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I think if you had tested positive for HIV, your medical centre would have called you up to notify you. The bruise on your arm does not mean you are infected with HIV, but rather that the medic is inexperienced at drawing blood. Don't worry, if you had protected sex, your risk would be low, unless you didn't, then it is another story.

Rof|maoxz
11-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi, just on wednesday, 3 days ago, i got tested for HIV @ my army camp. Till no the medical center have not rang me up. I dont dare to call back either...

What are chances i might have contracted HIV...would the army medical center usually call me up if they know i have HIV?

Also the medic tried to insert needle once but failed........2nd medic tried on other hand and succeed...now my hand that failed is like bruised big blue patch......Does that mean my blood is dirty?

Nope, your blood is clean, just that the medic is freaking novice in drawing out blood samples. :p I still remember before ORD, all
must go for HIV test for clearance. That CB newbie medic so inexperienced in taking blood sample, the needle sprang out of my arm accidentally. My hand has a relatively large blue black. NNB, luckily my blood test goes like this..... Non-Reactive.

diesel
11-12-2005, 06:08 PM
What are chances i might have contracted HIV...would the army medical center usually call me up if they know i have HIV?How do we know the chances? :confused: One thing can confirm, your C.O. will be ordered to hand-in the pink I/C directly to you and you will be discharged right away. No second-word.

AfA_hmor
12-12-2005, 12:33 AM

Dear Rooney,

To answer to your first question on the test results. Typically, in a commercial lab, it will take at least 2 weeks to get your results back. If you are testing in the camp, you are probably one of the many many others testing as well! It may not come back to you in just three days no matter how efficient the army is. So pls wait.

Secondly, there is no such thing as being having bruised blue patch if you are infected. Infected or not, anyone subjected to failed or improper insertion of the needles into your veins will all experience this "bruising". Stop scaring yourself unncessarily!

Meanwhile, we are in no position also to say how has your sexual behaviour been like, i.e. practising safer sex all these while - therefore your HIV status cannot be diagnosed by anyone of us. In any case, noone will be able to tell if your blood is "dirty" until proven otherwise by your blood test.

You can always drop us an email for support, if you need help.

Best wishes
AfA outreach