PDA

View Full Version : Difference between off-shoring jobs and replacing locals with FTs

Sammyboy RSS Feed
15-06-2014, 04:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Had a chat with chap and he told me that about 15 years ago there was fear when off-shoring of jobs became such a trend. He told me that his colleagues as well as him were really worried. Then he noticed something quite different and he saw it in GLCs. They would sell part of the company to an associated entity who would go on to retrench the locals and then bring in FTs. He told me Singtel did that and brought in Pinoys to man their call centre.

He now wished that they off-shored the jobs to India, Philippines etc as the pain of seeing the job in your country taken over by a foreigners specially brought in to do that. He told me it was harder to bear and every time he went to the mall and saw these foreigners with their fellow countrymen and families, a sense of hopelessness would engulf him. He said that many people did not see it like that until they got affected.

He also said that had the jobs being off-shored, we won't be as crowded as we are now.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?184118-Difference-between-off-shoring-jobs-and-replacing-locals-with-FTs&goto=newpost).