PDA

View Full Version : Ah Singh flips roti prata ... he should join SDP

Sammyboy RSS Feed
07-06-2014, 09:20 AM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore...-govt-policies (http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/inderjit-singh-clarifies-he-not-against-all-govt-policies)

SINGAPORE — Member of Parliament (MP) Inderjit Singh has clarified that he does not reject all of the Government’s policies, contrary to what some people may have thought after reading a hard-hitting article he wrote last week, in which he criticised the way some policies had been implemented.

Mr Singh also expressed confidence that the Government would continue to focus on solving the problems that he had mentioned in the article, which has gone viral online.

In his article on May 26 — which was a response to the President’s Address at the opening of the second parliamentary term — Mr Singh voiced his disagreement with several government policies, as well as his concern that not every Singaporean has benefited from the country’s prosperity, partially because of “stagnant wages at the bottom and a sudden increase in population”.

The MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC also cautioned against overly emphasising the role of the home in providing for retirement adequacy, as well as bringing in foreigners to drive Singapore’s growth, among other concerns.

Responding to misconceptions that he was against all Government policies, Mr Singh said in a post on his Facebook page on Thursday: “In my post, I touched on a number of issues (about) the way some policies have been implemented, which I felt should have been better done. But I also acknowledged that the Government has been resolving many of the problems, like transport and housing, and setting a new direction for the future, especially in our social policies.”

He added: “I am sure the Government will continue to focus on solving the problems I mentioned, and it will be good to also focus on how to have better policy formulation and implementation so that we have more effective policies in the future.”

Mr Singh also stressed that he would continue to speak out about issues that concern Singaporeans. “Some have asked me what prompted me to express my views and if they would lead to concrete changes. As an MP elected by the people, it is my duty to make an assessment of the issues that concern Singaporeans, based on the feedback I get, and reflect them as accurately as possible so that the Government can improve upon them,” he said.

“As to whether the Government will listen, I can tell you that the reason I voice these concerns so confidently is because I know they do not fall on deaf ears and that some action will be taken on them,” Mr Singh added. “I have seen this (in) the past 18 years in Parliament and that spurs me on to keep doing my best as an MP. So, the PAP Government can and will solve problems, and we all must continue to voice our concerns and feedback.”

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?183500-Ah-Singh-flips-roti-prata-he-should-join-SDP&goto=newpost).