PDA

View Full Version : How does a company insurance for employee works ?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
13-05-2014, 12:30 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My company bought medical insurance for all full time staff. Everyone is given a medical card whereby we can visit a panel of clinics without any co-payment from employee.
Recently when I went to 1 of the clinic for common flu. After usual checks and prescription done, I casually ask the doctor, can you give me another medication for piles. The doctor replied, you have to pay for it, this visit is for flu :eek:

I am curious, when I visit that clinic, the charges will be charged to insurance co right, the clinic will earn as normal. why would the doctor want to block his own pocket income ?

btw when I do this to other clinic, most doctor will just prescribe me for 2nd issue as well. I am not sure wtf is this doctor doing ? Is he too rich ? or he thought I am abusing the insurance, that even he can earn $ he does not want me to abuse ?

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?181504-How-does-a-company-insurance-for-employee-works&goto=newpost).