PDA

View Full Version : Sperm Facts

jackylee
02-10-2005, 05:52 AM
For those who have always wondered about their nutritional values...

Sperm Facts and Sperm Information as reported by Gaia Church (http://abbys-sexual-health.com/fun/facts/sperm_facts.php)

According to the Re/Search Guide to Bodily Fluids (Paul Spinard, 1994), the average man produces about 3.5 mL of semen per ejaculation whose nutritional value is:

less than 1 calorie
150 mg. protien
11 mg. carbohydrates
6 mg. fat.
3 mg. cholesterol
7% US RDA potassium
3% US RDA copper
3% US RDA zinc
300 million spermatoza
(Someday men will have to have all this tattooed to the side of their hip, like a can of Coke or a box of Wheaties.)

It looks healthy enough per serving size, but when compared to breast milk (which has about 170 calories per cup), semen has about 40% more calories (about 230 calories per cup). High levels of fructose (fruit sugar!) is normal in the semen and this sugar comes almost entirely from the seminal vesicles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Fun Sperm Facts

For the "average" man, the ejaculate contains over 80 million sperm. In addition to the little wiggly things, semen contains (taken from several web sites):

water
ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
blood-group antigens
calcium (yes, just like milk!)
chlorine (add your own little contribution to cleanliness!)
cholesterol (Is this the "bad cholesterol" or "good cholesterol"?)
citric acid, creatine, deoxyribonucleic acid, fructose, glutathione, hyaluronidase, inositol, lactic acid, magnesium, nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (what do you know, these are good for fertilization too!)
prostaglandins (fatty acids that, while not a hormone, perform hormone-like functions)
purine, pyrimidine, pyruvic acid
sodium (good to have, especially if you've been sweating a lot)
sorbitol, spermidine, spermine
vitamin B12 and zinc (you would think it's a multivitamin)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Sperm Facts
Average volume of semen per ejaculation: 1-2 teaspoons
Average number of times a man will ejaculate in his lifetime: 7,200
Average total amount of lifetime ejaculate: 18 quarts
Average speed of ejaculation: 28 miles per hour
Its muscle drives nature's only known rotary-joint. The tail SCREWS, not whips. (no pun)
Average number of calories in a teaspoon of semen: 7
Average duration of orgasm: 4 seconds
Average number of sperm cells in the ejaculate of a healthy man: 200 to 600 million
Distance sperm travels to fertilize an egg: 3-4 inches
Sperm lifespan: 2.5 months from development to ejaculation

sg_boytoy
02-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Sometimes, trivia like these quite interesting to read, Bro jackylee, got "xiao chong nao" or not, ke ke ke :p

jackylee
02-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Sometimes, trivia like these quite interesting to read, Bro jackylee, got "xiao chong nao" or not, ke ke ke :p
xiao chong nao :confused:

sg_boytoy
02-10-2005, 10:59 AM
xiao chong nao :confused:

Sperm shoot into brain (sic) :)

jackylee
02-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Sperm shoot into brain (sic) :)
catch no balls :o

machoman
02-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the interesting info, jackylee.

Bros can use the info to persaude their gals for CIM. :D

sg_boytoy
02-10-2005, 11:59 AM
catch no balls

Bro jackylee, you no speaketh the hokkien ah, sorry, I chow ah beng kia :D

Anyway, it wasn't a malicious comment, nice info you have, relak... ;)

David_Ginola
02-10-2005, 12:51 PM
catch no balls :o

Hey bro jacky

Nice info. Me lazy didn't even bother to search. But very interesting.

Long time never see u liao. Actually as wat Sgboytoy says nothing malicious. It's like me long time no sex....then consolidated after time.....rush(shoot) to the brain....kekeke.

How u bro???

Cheers

Cheers

redlord
02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
VERY REAL VERY RIGHT , sperm not harmfull but very helpfull to the female :p
the female will also improve their smooth skll and body .... :p

jackylee
02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Bro jackylee, you no speaketh the hokkien ah, sorry, I chow ah beng kia

Anyway, it wasn't a malicious comment, nice info you have, relak...

It's ok.. i'm not offended.. no need relak :D

Hey bro jacky

Nice info. Me lazy didn't even bother to search. But very interesting.

Long time never see u liao. Actually as wat Sgboytoy says nothing malicious. It's like me long time no sex....then consolidated after time.....rush(shoot) to the brain....kekeke.

How u bro???

Cheers

Cheers

Aiya.. i hokkien myself.. but translate to english duno mah :D

I'm fine thanks =)

LuckyMan
02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Very interesting fact. thk bro :)

plumshirt
02-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Nice post.

The sperm carries DNA determining some of future characteristics...
but then again, the environment in which the fertilised egg develops (ie the womb+diet+health of mother) also affects the process... only now, got no link I know with info update. otherwise, I'd love to add more pm this.

What I can add is:
http://www2.oakland.edu/biology/lindemann/spermfacts.htm

Tip: Sperm Facts
Sperm can live up to 5 days inside the fallopian tubes. Female sperm are slower and live longer than the fast male sperm.

Plus,
Tip: Orgasm
Orgasm helps to increase the chances of conception. Orgasm increases the blood-flow to the reproductive organs helping them to function better. Orgasm also helps the cervix to "suck" up sperm in the vagina, thus helping the sperm to reach the awaiting egg.
*Note: Conception is possible without female orgasm - it just increases the chances of conception occuring.

Not much... but I hope you found it useful.

hose_lover
02-10-2005, 09:00 PM
since sperm contains so much nutritional value, so does it mean the more a male ejaculates, the more protein and nutrition he wil lose from his body? In the long run, will it affect his health and personal growth?

Tongue
02-10-2005, 10:41 PM
the more protein and nutrition he wil lose from his body? In the long run, will it affect his health and personal growth?
I doubt ur sentence.
But sorry, me not really good in science term.
I think protein or whatever u called, is produce by lam par. It will keep on producing it as long as the lam par is still healthy. No need to scare lost of protein lah. If really scare, I think can eat more Egg or take some health supplement :)

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 09:41 AM
since sperm contains so much nutritional value, so does it mean the more a male ejaculates, the more protein and nutrition he wil lose from his body? In the long run, will it affect his health and personal growth?

Of course! The more you ejaculate, the more you are depleting your body's natural source of immunity and nutrition. And if you have a habit of masturbating excessively, that will also cause you to suffer from shortness of breath, blurred vision, loss of appetite, prolonged tiredness and general ill health. So if you must ejaculate, make sure it is a worthwhile session, if not very wasted... :rolleyes:

singexpat
03-10-2005, 09:47 AM
So if you must ejaculate, make sure it is a worthwhile session, if not very wasted...

bro.. dun ejaculate got bigger and worseside effects..

- unable to tink (too much sperm in brain)
- visions of naked women (halluciations)
- slurred speech (due to excessive weight n stress on e balls)
- compromised motor skills (hands shakin, legs too heavy)
- heavy blood lines in e eyes (from lookin too much yet cannot do anything)

Cheers!! :D

hose_lover
03-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Not scared? why not? U should be very scared.
U see. Each of us has a certain amount of proteins and vitamins or whatever u call it in our body. All this is through the food we eat. It gives us health and build up our body. So it u lose it often, your body system will definitely weaken since all these that your body needs are wasted away. So in the end, u may underdeveloped and has skinny bones and weak body and other illness.

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Not scared? why not? U should be very scared.
U see. Each of us has a certain amount of proteins and vitamins or whatever u call it in our body. All this is through the food we eat. It gives us health and build up our body. So it u lose it often, your body system will definitely weaken since all these that your body needs are wasted away. So in the end, u may underdeveloped and has skinny bones and weak body and other illness.

Bro hose_lover, what happened to you? Wank too much ah? :)

plumshirt
03-10-2005, 05:46 PM
It is known that if you do not ejaculate at all, you still get wet dreams etc...
and that could prove more than regular spillage. The Chinese therefore believe in having sex but that men should not ejaculate so often...

Not having sex can cause problems for some... even ancient kungfu masters had to address issues... Some went to do some very heavy workout or practice various meditation to control urge to some degree.
Still, we heard stories of those who failed.

We also hear stories of people in those past generations being 60 or 80 and yet able to perform... wow, ever wondered how they achieved it?

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Of course! The more you ejaculate, the more you are depleting your body's natural source of immunity and nutrition... So if you must ejaculate, make sure it is a worthwhile session, if not very wasted... :rolleyes:

Aiyoh, some bro just zapped me for my post above, sigh... can leave a comment "not true" somemore. Wah lao eh~ whoever it was, I know it's not true lah, I'm not some young innocent pre-schooler leh...

I apologise if you've failed to differentiate between fact and humour, and I sincerely hope you recognise the following emoticon -> :rolleyes:

jackylee
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Of course! The more you ejaculate, the more you are depleting your body's natural source of immunity and nutrition. And if you have a habit of masturbating excessively, that will also cause you to suffer from shortness of breath, blurred vision, loss of appetite, prolonged tiredness and general ill health. So if you must ejaculate, make sure it is a worthwhile session, if not very wasted... :rolleyes:

I read before a china emperor had like 65 son.. his picture showed him damn skinny like bone and died like on 45 nia.. :eek:

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
... We also hear stories of people in those past generations being 60 or 80 and yet able to perform... wow, ever wondered how they achieved it?

Bro plumshirt, where do you hear all these stories from ah? Ancient kungfu masters somemore, steady leh, where you come from? :D

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 05:54 PM
I read before a china emperor had like 65 son.. his picture showed him damn skinny like bone and died like on 45 nia.. :eek:

Bro jackylee, later you also kenah zapped like me, ha ha ha :D

durex
03-10-2005, 05:55 PM
We also hear stories of people in those past generations being 60 or 80 and yet able to perform... wow, ever wondered how they achieved it?
Hear that a man through out his life could only do 12000 to 15000 times once over,consider over use dun know whether is a myth or true :confused:

jackylee
03-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Bro jackylee, later you also kenah zapped like me, ha ha ha :D
Bro.. i not scared of zap.. it's true loh.. i watch on discovery channel one.. :)

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Bro.. i not scared of zap.. it's true loh.. i watch on discovery channel one.. :)

Really ah? Wah, like that the bro who zapped me very "yum kong" lor, accuse me of stating factually wrong things, ha ha ha :D

GoForIt
03-10-2005, 06:03 PM
i think its a proven theory by drinking sperm help the complexion,remember all those ladyboy :p

jackylee
03-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Really ah? Wah, like that the bro who zapped me very "yum kong" lor, accuse me of stating factually wrong things, ha ha ha :D
:D ............

diesel
03-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Random Sperm Facts
Average volume of semen per ejaculation: 1-2 teaspoons
Average duration of orgasm: 4 seconds Thank you jacylee for the useful facts for everybody!

I was extremely surprised to learn that the average volume of semen is about 1-2 teaspoons at first as my cum can be "bucket-full" enough to fill any Yakult size bottle (up to the brim) and it can be very messive if cum were to be "spurted" without proper material (container, toilet rolls, tissue papers & etc.) at my hands. :(

Nevertheless, I had a casual consultation a urologist some times ago about my volume of cum. I was told that it was unusual but it was perfectly normal! So 'hiar-dee' out there, if you can produce that amount of cum, do not worry anything abnormal. :)

jackylee
03-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Thank you jacylee for the useful facts for everybody!

I was extremely surprised to learn that the average volume of semen is about 1-2 teaspoons at first as my cum can be "bucket-full" enough to fill any Yakult size bottle (up to the brim) and it can be very messive if cum were to be "spurted" without proper material (container, toilet rolls, tissue papers & etc.) at my hands.

Nevertheless, I had a casual consultation a urologist some times ago about my volume of cum. I was told that it was unusual but it was perfectly normal! So 'hiar-dee' out there, if you can produce that amount of cum, do not worry anything abnormal.

Wah broo......:eek: 1 yakult bottle?! power!

for me although im not that much.. but im not lesser either.. im happy with my amount.. everytime pcc the tissue sure leak

not like those JAV guys.. so little.. :D

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 06:25 PM
... I was extremely surprised to learn that the average volume of semen is about 1-2 teaspoons at first as my cum can be "bucket-full" enough to fill any Yakult size bottle... Nevertheless, I had a casual consultation a urologist some times ago about my volume of cum. I was told that it was unusual but it was perfectly normal!

Bro diesel, I'm surprised that you are surprised by the average volume and not your "bucket-full" which you then had a casual consultation with an urologist about it and was assured that it was normal. What's a casual consultation by the way :confused:, the doctor wearing hawaiian shirt and surf shorts ah, ke ke ke :p

jackylee
03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
What's a casual consultation by the way, the doctor wearing hawaiian shirt and surf shorts ah, ke ke ke :p

thats funny LOL :D

diesel
03-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Of course! The more you ejaculate, the more you are depleting your body's natural source of immunity and nutrition. And if you have a habit of masturbating excessively, that will also cause you to suffer from shortness of breath, blurred vision, loss of appetite, prolonged tiredness and general ill health. So if you must ejaculate, make sure it is a worthwhile session, if not very wastedWhat sg-boytoy was very true! Traditonal Chinese medical term - 若手淫多者, 损元毁气、 肾虚体弱、 双目失神、 长期自慰者, 耗体费力, 阳痿不举等等.

jackylee
03-10-2005, 06:32 PM
What sg-boytoy was very true! Traditonal Chinese medical term - 若手淫多者, 损元毁气、 肾虚体弱、 双目失神、 长期自慰者, 耗体费力, 阳痿不举等等.
aiya.. eat more herbal soup loh :D

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 06:33 PM
What sg-boytoy was very true! Traditonal Chinese medical term - 若手淫多者, 损元毁气、 肾虚体弱、 双目失神、 长期自慰者, 耗体费力, 阳痿不举等等.

Wah~ Bro diesel, thanks for the affirmation :)

To the bro who zapped me, tsk tsk tsk "yum kong" lor... :D

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 06:35 PM
aiya.. eat more herbal soup loh :D

Wait too "por" and then never ejaculate enough will nose bleed or not, ha ha ha :D

diesel
03-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Bro diesel, I'm surprised that you are surprised by the average volume and not your "bucket-full" which you then had a casual consultation with an urologist about it and was assured that it was normal. What's a casual consultation by the way :confused:, the doctor wearing hawaiian shirt and surf shorts ah, ke ke ke :pI used to have business (indirect) acquaintances with medical practioners and I have contacts with professional doctors in the past. Doctors are always keen in making money, sit with them over a good dinner to have casual chit-chat and you can have F.O.C. consultation inreturn!

sg_boytoy
03-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Bro diesel, you like what business also do ah? Photography lah, medical lah, got anything you don't do or not, ke ke ke :p

jackylee
03-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Wait too "por" and then never ejaculate enough will nose bleed or not, ha ha ha :D
pcc lo :o..........

diesel
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Bro diesel, you like what business also do ah? Photography lah, medical lah, got anything you don't do or not, ke ke ke :pPhotography is my interest not my hobby.

diesel
03-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Wah broo...... 1 yakult bottle?! power! for me although im not that much.. but im not lesser either.. im happy with my amount.. everytime pcc the tissue sure leak
not like those JAV guys.. so little..Yup! Fully agreed. I don't think those AV male actors have that much cum too.

Honestly speaking, I really pity those 'hiar-tee' here who do not have any cum or dribble only a few drops. Take a look at sexual heath discussion thread and you might be surprise that lots of 'hiar-tee' here hardly have any cum at all. Poor thing. :(

Cum really plays a sexual satisfaction. Men like to see women cum and women certainly like to see man cum (but alot :eek: ).

waahaa
04-10-2005, 12:29 AM

well, it's the quality of life that counts, not the quantity ;)

waahaa
04-10-2005, 12:35 AM

skinny and with a huge grin on his face :D

sequence79
04-10-2005, 12:44 AM
totally agree. u can fill a coke bottle with one shot, but what's the use if its all semen but without sperm inside.

plumshirt
04-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Opening the link:http://www2.oakland.edu/biology/lindemann/spermfacts.htm

Too many facts...

Animal Ave # of sperm per ejaculate (in millions)
Mouse 50
Rat 58
Guinea Pig 80
Rabbit 280
Man 280
Sheep 1000
Cow 3000
Pig 8000

Average volume and content of human ejaculate #

The volume and content of the ejaculate depend on the length of time between ejaculations. The average volume of semen is 2.75 ml, ranging from 2-6 ml, the higher volumes following periods of abstinence. An average human ejaculate contains about 180 million sperm (66 million/ml), but some ejaculates contain as many as 400 million sperm. Both quantity and quality of the sperm are important determinants of fertility. A man is considered clinically infertile if his sperm concentration falls below 20 million/ml semen. # (Just remember though- it only takes ONE to make a baby)

The average sperm count fell from 113 million sperm/ml of semen in 1940 to 66 million/ml in 1990. The volume of a single ejaculate has declined from 3.40 ml to 2.75 ml. This means that men on average are now ejaculating less than half the number of sperm as men did 50 yrs ago. A drop from more than 380 million sperm to about 180 million sperm per ejaculate. Furthermore, the number of motile sperm has also dipped. Importantly, the sperm count has not declined in the less polluted areas of the world during the same time period. #

Animal Fertile life of sperm (hours)
Mouse 6
Rat 14
Guinea Pig 21-22
Human 24-48
Rabbit 30-32
Sheep 30-48
Cow 28-50
Horse 144
Bat 135 (days)

Motile (moving sperm) have been found in the human Fallopian tube up to 85 hours after coitus, although the ability to fertilize an egg is usually lost before motility is lost.

Time between coitus and arrival of sperm in the Fallopian tube *

(In other words the time it takes for them to get where they need to go)

Animal Travel time
Cow 2-3 min
Rabbit few min
Mouse 15 min
Guinea Pig 15 min
Sow (pig) 15 min
Rat 15-30 min
Hamster 2-60 min
Dog min-few hrs
Ewe (sheep) 6 min - 5 hrs
Woman 5 min - one hr (68 min)

Does size matter? ^

One would think that a big animal would have bigger gametes, but nothing could be further from the truth. The biggest sperm I have ever seen came from a fruit fly! The sperm of a fruit fly can be as long as the body of the male fly, about 1.1 mm. On the other hand, of the vast number of mammals humans have one of the smallest sperm cells, measuring only 40 microns long. Rats produce one of the largest sperm at 170 microns long. When we talk of mice and men we may be the bigger animals in the diploid phase of life, but it is the mice that have the bigger haploid phase of life with 80-micron long sperm.

How many is enough? ^

This question always comes up in regard to human fertility. If it takes only one sperm to fertilize and egg, why does a low sperm count make a man infertile? A fertile male human ejaculates between 2 and 5 ml of semen (on average about a teaspoon). In each ml there are normally about 100 million sperm. If the concentration falls below 20 million sperm/ml there is usually some trouble with fertility. Twenty million still seems to be a lot, so why the problem? Part of the problem may have to do with attrition, since only a small fraction of the sperm deposited in the woman vagina end up in the uterus. From those that make it to the uterus, only a small fraction of the sperm find their way to the oviducts. Usually the egg is all the way up at the other end of the oviduct. Of those that are in the oviduct only a small fraction make their way from the lower to the upper oviduct. So, in fact, the number of sperm successfully arriving at where the egg is located is actually very small. The second problem is that the egg is not just waiting to be fertilized by the first sperm to come along. The egg is usually covered by a thick layer of cells called the cumulus oophoricus that serve as a blockade to restrict sperm from getting into the egg. It may actually require an assault of many sperm to break down the cumulus sufficiently to let one sperm get through to the egg. So the whole process is somewhat like a marathon run in a maze filled with mucus followed by an obstacle course. That one sperm that finally makes it is the champion of Mother Nature triathlon. If you don have enough competitors to start, none are left at the finish. We don know for sure but this may be a way of selecting for a healthy sperm to do the job of passing genes to the next generation. Modern in-vitro fertilization techniques can by-pass this selection process and achieve fertilization with much fewer sperm. Successful fertilization is now even accomplished with sperm that can swim. This is accomplished by directly injecting sperm into the egg with a tiny glass pipette (tube). Only time will tell what bypassing nature triathlon will do to the human gene pool.

newyorker88
04-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the interesting facts. Seen it before, but good reminder:D

plumshirt
04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Want to know what affects male fertility? Quite an issue nowadays... but taboo

Check this site out. Hope it provides some help.
http://www.healthandage.com/default.cfm?framedef=1&curr_navi=06&curr_content=06&curr_page=1&content_action=dsp_haadetail&curr_paramlist=healthandage;6701;6;haa_submissiond ate;2;1;3;&CFID=282306&CF+++EN=64022976

Source: A.D.A.M and moderated by Harvard... so should have quality