PDA

View Full Version : Would Gals date a guy who is an odd job worker?

Fantastic4
15-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Hi all bros & sis...would like to find out, esp frm gals, whether wld u date a guy who is doing odd jobs like garang guni man, construction worker?

knn03
16-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Bro,

What are you talking about? I thought recently it has been proven that garung guni man also very popular? Even air stewardess also fall for him... :p Actually, i think most gals are ok with your job as long as they know that you intend to improve yourself or the job has good prospects...Most of the time, gals also like to think that they can change us men when we are in love...so many might think that they can convince you to get a different job after that....But of course, there are also minority that only look at the size of your wallet and not your heart...in that case, also no meaning to be together...
Just my two cents of view....

Doenitz79
16-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi all bros & sis...would like to find out, esp frm gals, whether wld u date a guy who is doing odd jobs like garang guni man, construction worker?

Did Liverpool have a chance 3-0 at half time?

There is always a chance.Not all gals are interested in $2.5k watches like in this thread.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=43127

Good luck.

spotter542
16-09-2005, 12:41 AM

Fantastic4 ,

Of course , women don't mind at all ! Not all S'porean women are to the extreme.
In these difficult times , it's better to hold on a job rather than being unemployed !!!
Besides , these are also decent jobs ! They are not stealing or cheating.
Don't be surprised that these ppl bring home more bacon than you. :D

Just my personal view. No offence to anyone in particular. :)

Tai_zi21
16-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Do she like u for wat u r? or do she like u for the job u r holding?

snakehead
16-09-2005, 01:49 AM

It's not the gals themselves but those around her (friends, relatives, colleagues etc) that usually pressure her to separate with u coz if she went out with u in 1st place meant she dun mind your status. This type of relationship not likely to last unless both of u REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE each other.

bro snakehead

spotter542
16-09-2005, 02:16 AM
It's not the gals themselves but those around her (friends, relatives, colleagues etc) that usually pressure her to separate with u coz if she went out with u in 1st place meant she dun mind your status. This type of relationship not likely to last unless both of u REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE each other.
bro snakehead

bro snakehead ,

Agreed with what you say ; endless comparison from stuck up relatives & snobbish frens !!
so & so 's daughter is dating a doctor/lawyer/pilot/engineer/towkay :mad:
OR my BF's driving a Beemer/Merz/Jag/Lexus ................ :mad:

Brooklyn
16-09-2005, 03:00 AM
Very true ! Agreed with u guys

jng1103
16-09-2005, 12:53 PM
sorry to spill cold water. when women choosing men, they see in few aspects. the top 2 priorities are (drum rolling): 1. emotional and financial security 2. chemistry and maturity. of coz, the list goes on forever...

if u join Single Deseperate Ugly club, u know what i am talking about. Odds job? not a fat chance to win the game. if u r talking about low quality of women, yes, karang guni men could strike 4D. no offence, but i rather work harder to climb up corporate ladder or social status rather than hoping to strike 4D.

no offence, just my personal thoughts :p

jimbo

chickenzip
16-09-2005, 01:25 PM
this is a veri practical world...sad to say.

Try asking an Uni graduate holding high corporate post career lady to consider an odd job guy?? Humanly impossible.

it is not just about job...it is about character...likings...education...thinking...

99.9% gals would not date a odd job worker cos she believe there would be a crash of the above factors.

i'm not saying a odd job worker man is useless...he is good in his level...but not suitable for the corporate level.

Also...gals normally are more difficult to accpet a guy who is much lower than her in terms of education and working level.
Vice visa...a higher level guy is more able to accept a lower level girl.

just my thought.

foolish_
16-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Of course there will be gals who would date an odd job labourer. Why not? However, what sort of gals r u referring to? I am sure gals who are generally not good-looking and who hardly have any guys wanting to date her, wouldn't mind dating a decent odd job labourer. On the other hand, if you are referring to those chio gals with a long line of guys with the 5Cs waiting to date them, then let's be realistic, chances are slim.

I admit that fairy tales do occur but one must be practical. My advice would be to "play" in your own league. :)

sg_boytoy
16-09-2005, 01:58 PM
... I admit that fairy tales do occur but one must be practical. My advice would be to "play" in your own league. :)

Agreed. Even regular guys would think twice about dating a high-powered career woman who has all the perks and luxuries of life. So whatever "league" we belong to, we should "play" there :)

jng1103
16-09-2005, 02:06 PM
i read somewhere that Fiona xie said she would date one. try emailing her.

lol... wat's my queue number? :D just love her boobs :p

fiona's fan,
jimbo

chickenzip
16-09-2005, 02:13 PM
lol... wat's my queue number? just love her boobs
fiona's fan,
jimbo

bro...u qualified meh...thought ur level is silver ang??? :D

jng1103
16-09-2005, 02:17 PM
bro...u qualified meh...thought ur level is silver ang???

niabeh ah zip... u must hit on my tail huh? hehe... i cannot fantazy about fiona's boobs meh? but i still prefer ma xiao ling :D

jimbo

chickenzip
16-09-2005, 02:20 PM
niabeh ah zip... u must hit on my tail huh? hehe... i cannot fantazy about fiona's boobs meh? but i still prefer ma xiao ling

heihei...so that's the case...i'll keep silver ang liao...billard time! :D

walkingdick
16-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Possible, but depends, it's a two way thing, constrcution workers and karang guni bros still can have taste one waat.

ricardo
16-09-2005, 03:23 PM
alamak papers did a story of something like that after the gurun guni man and stewardess case. it feature a poly grad but working as undertaker (i think) or sell coffin one ... going out with a kindergarden school principle. He proposed thru the papers but the principle did not agree now he in limbo liao.

u see if not whole world know she might say yes and try to ask him change job. but now whole world know the girl scare ppl talk mah.

no matter how much the love is. if not door matching couple sure will face problem one. odd job ah ... try factory girl lor got more chance.

forbidden
16-09-2005, 03:29 PM
eh.... love is blind leh... isnt it? :)
so anything is possible lor..

Fantastic4
16-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I agree wif the opinion of most bros here...tis is a 50-50 situation. Coz there was an article on Sunday Times sometime back recently. It asked whether woman wld date guys who does odd job. Surprisingly, some gals who r those CMI types oso said dey will nt date guyz who do odd jobs :D

foolish_
16-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Surprisingly, some gals who r those CMI types oso said dey will nt date guyz who do odd jobs :D

Problem is many of those CMI gals, don't know they CMI (or maybe refuse to believe it). They only realise the truth when they are past their expiry date and still left on the shelf. By then, even the odd job labourer don't want them. :D

Fantastic4
16-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Problem is many of those CMI gals, don't know they CMI (or maybe refuse to believe it). They only realise the truth when they are past their expiry date and still left on the shelf. By then, even the odd job labourer don't want them. :D

Tatz a gd one....agree wif u :D

tionggoklan
16-09-2005, 04:48 PM
..............it is not just about job...it is about character...likings...education...thinking...

99.9% gals would not date a odd job worker cos she believe there would be a crash of the above factors.

i'm not saying a odd job worker man is useless...he is good in his level...but not suitable for the corporate level.

Bro,

Sori to say I dun agree. If what u say is true, that means like me, who is a uni grad, work in the corporate world all along, will have gals like me n dun mind the fact that I'm currently jobless n of negative net worth lah?

Not true rite? Most gals (of course there will always be exception but we r talking abt majority rite?) will not wana consider guys like me rite? Y? Cos no security (安全感), knn, 安 ji qi tua bey lan! It means no money no security!

Like u say in yr 1st sentence, it's a practical world, most gals r materialistic or at least demand the guy to have certain financial means, onli if this factor is satisfied, then consider other factors like what u say, characters, education, blah blah.....So it's still money in no. 1 place. No money no honey.

Of cos, diff opinion r welcum. :rolleyes:

chickenzip
16-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Bro,

Sori to say I dun agree. If what u say is true, that means like me, who is a uni grad, work in the corporate world all along, will have gals like me n dun mind the fact that I'm currently jobless n of negative net worth lah?

Not true rite?

bro tiong...tik u misunderstood my words liao...if u read my posting again...u will realized we share the same tiking lah. But i added on saying "it is not only about job, BUT it is also about character...likings...education...thinking...etc"

anyway...have a nice weekend! :D

tionggoklan
16-09-2005, 06:07 PM
bro tiong...tik u misunderstood my words liao...if u read my posting again...u will realized we share the same tiking lah. But i added on saying "it is not only about job, BUT it is also about character...likings...education...thinking...etc"

Bro Chickenzip,

Well, its yes n no u see. Aniway, before I explain, no hard feeling hor, we merely expressing our own views, so notin wrong wif u n me, ok? ;)

U see, yr idea is that, in my opinion, all those factors including $$ r aligned on a lateral platform(actually u never mention $$ rite?), means all r consider wif abt same weightage, means as long u have most of them, but say u onli dun have $$ but got the rest, the gals will like u.

Whereas for my view is that, the $$ factor is above the rest. Onli if u have $$, then the gals will look into other factors u have mentioned. Which means to say, if u got no $$, even if u satisfy all other factors wif flying colours also no use, cos no money no talk.

Maybe I have interpreted yr view wrongly if the above assumption is not true. In that case, my sincere apology. Old man liao, so sumtime brain dun work that well, hahahaha.

Have a nice weekend too. :)

Ykwm7
16-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I belive woman belive more in the security you provide than the money part.
Money is just a small part of the security.

I have know a Sin woman who follow Head of underworld figures in HK.
Money wise of course no problem..but the man could not give her the sense of security she want...

That guy knows her everymove and she is follow where evr she goes..
Once a guy got beaten in a disco by just talking to her.

It lasted only a year.

As for the garung guni man...
Don't be suprised that a lot of them earn more much more than those holding a degree and flying high in the coproate world.

A woman will opt for the best option open to them.(money,security,looks)
Just like a man will opt for the best option open to them(figure,looks,chararcter)

What i can't really stand is those woman who have no looks no fig and no character still want a man with 5C..

They should consider themslves lucky that a man want them

Ykwm7
16-09-2005, 10:19 PM
As for would gals date a odd job worker(quite vague)

Do you have looks,character or some + points..

yes if you have those..
But if its for marriage,it will be another story.

Like the old chinese saying
Bamboo door to bamboo door
wood door to wood door

subband
16-09-2005, 10:26 PM
What i can't really stand is those woman who have no looks no fig and no character still want a man with 5C..

Well, talking about women with neither looks/figure, some r really nice and have a great personality.. And yes..I really loathe those women who really think so highly of themselves.

Back to the main topic, why can't gals date a guy who is an odd job worker? It is ok and it is happening all the time. Just that the pressure is there, exerted by her family and peers.

Lustro
16-09-2005, 10:26 PM
well, if you have a gal in mind. try securing a date first and sees hows it goes on i guess.

its better the get the answer from her then from us. we're not the ones you wanna date right? :p

i had seen many relationship bloom when the guy is under-educated and holding less then extrodinary jobs then the girls. but "true love" doesnt need those things. recent tv even show a uni grad marry a ex-con after counselling him through letters when he was in jail. i belive it was that Guess,Guess,Guess show from taiwan.

durex
16-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Dont think odd job worker face problem in dating gers,if not how they get married and have kids?In fact last time i was in constuction line,the urge for women is higher maybe due to lots of physical hard work,most of the time after work they would go party and always manage to know lots of gers dun know why,in short think my friends working odd job bonk more compare to working in office friends :D

You hear of ah du,he was odd job once also mah,where got dating problem
(joking onli,ah du supporter no throw egg at me pls :p )

soggypanties
17-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Hahaha!!! Well said! I personally know gals like that and I always have a good laugh when they start sizing guys up and choosing. Funniest part is, no guys would even be bothered to take a 2nd look at them. But this is still a fact of life here in spore. Some people must be put in their place.

Doenitz79
17-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Hahaha!!! Well said! I personally know gals like that and I always have a good laugh when they start sizing guys up and choosing. Funniest part is, no guys would even be bothered to take a 2nd look at them. But this is still a fact of life here in spore. Some people must be put in their place.

Speaking of which,have you seen those fat SPGs with tons of makeup in tight in the arms of ang mos???

Wondering what these ang mos see in them...

spotter542
17-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Speaking of which,have you seen those fat SPGs with tons of makeup in tight in the arms of ang mos???

Wondering what these ang mos see in them...

Doenitz ,

Can say ang moh's got no taste. It's more of a hit & run case. ( most are expats )
And of course these SPG's can show off to frens again. (never mind if local guys don't want me , at least an Ang moh's f**king me !) :eek:
No offence to any ang moh's reading this. Just my personal view :)

jjdoggie
17-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I believe some gals dun mind though.....although u have the face the reality in life....but again it depends on yr social life...women u made friends from?

Example: Like if u happen to make friends from KTV, clubs etc...% of women who will accept will be much higher then those u make from the middle and upper class(like executives, professsional..etc)....

But it also depends on yr luck and fate too...example there was this gorgeous singapore professional(she a it manager earning $10k) who met this ex prisoner(he just started studying again) and got married....

:eek:

snakehead
17-09-2005, 02:16 PM
But it also depends on yr luck and fate too...example there was this gorgeous singapore professional(she a it manager earning $10k) who met this ex prisoner(he just started studying again) and got married....

These are rare exceptions.....have u heard about the MIW daughter and the taxi driver? They both got along so well but due to parental objections.... gal was sent overseas to force her apart from the taxi driver.

Guess wat? the taxi driver is actually a somebody back in M'sia. Got bungalow with swimming pool, servant, gardener and maid, mercedes S320 & volvo SUV. He also owns a few shops and got shares in some companies as sleeping partner. The MIW family & friends must be cursing themselves now when they found out his true identity......hahahaha

bro snakehead

hose_lover
18-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Pls lah bro. Wake up lah. What does his job have to do with loving him? If you really like him, why care so much about what he do. As long as decent job can alreadi. Not say he go and be smuggler and do bad things. And it doesn't mean he will be an odd job labourer all his lives. Do you know there is such a thing call promotion or changing job? Who knows he may be a rich businessman one day. A job is just a form of livelihood onli. It is not a status thing or a measure of one's worth lah. Just like you date a guy who has a car. Does that mean he will have a car all his lives? And what if the guy u marry go and apply odd job, u gonna divorce him?
Come on pple. Dun be so materialistic can or not.
Life is not all about $$$ and cents. $$$ come and go. But not your loved ones. So pls put some humanity in your heart.

Fantastic4
18-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Bro Hose Lover, what you said makes sense, but in reality, that might not be the case. For eg, the gal holds a degree and holds a high position whereas the guy is juz a PSLE holder doing odd jobs. She might feel embarrass, esp infront of family and friends. U dun expect her to say "Hey my hubby is a construction worker"

I am not saying that those wif low qualifications cannot succeed. However, in reality it's going to be quite difficult, esp in Asian context, where "face" to us is very impt.

This is just my opinion. There is no pun or offence intended. I apologise beforehand shd any bros here feel offended.

snakehead
19-09-2005, 07:30 PM
She might feel embarrass, esp infront of family and friends. U dun expect her to say "Hey my hubby is a construction worker"
I am not saying that those wif low qualifications cannot succeed. However, in reality it's going to be quite difficult, esp in Asian context, where "face" to us is very impt.

bro Fantastic4........ since she marry u i think she oredi accept the fact and should be able to face her friends & relatives. It is the in-laws who will feel the "loss of face" that is going to make the marriage miserable. Hopefully their love for each other is strong enough to see them through old age.

bro snakehead

Fantastic4
19-09-2005, 07:43 PM
bro Fantastic4........ since she marry u i think she oredi accept the fact and should be able to face her friends & relatives. It is the in-laws who will feel the "loss of face" that is going to make the marriage miserable. Hopefully their love for each other is strong enough to see them through old age.

bro snakehead

Bro Snakehead...it's true when u said that since the gal has decided to marry u, she has more or less decided to accept for who u r. However, in the long term, I would say tat chances of the woman kicking up a fuss is high & slowly wld start to say bad things abt the guy (it depends on the gal's character)

At the same time, with the pressure from her parents, friends, etc....we can say tat chances of her doing funny things behind the guy's back is oso high(eg having affair). Talking abt love...nowadays very few pple talk abt love liao. This is proven given the divorce rate is ever increasing

jng1103
19-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Talking abt love...nowadays very few pple talk abt love liao. This is proven given the divorce rate is ever increasing

when u wanna talk about love, pls make sure u hv deep pocket to support her lifestyle. if she is a professional working adult, pls make sure ur status is not too far from hers. dun dream of the karang guni - stewardess fairytale coz one of them will end up behind bars.

r/s will suffer if not sufficient funds to provide basic items on the table n over the head. why? very simple. in sillypore, plenty of singles/wolves who r preying for women who r unahppy with ur marriage. if we, as hubby cant fulfill their basic desire, with little conscience, they tend to seek for better provider.

life is simple... dun complicate it...

jimbo

snakehead
19-09-2005, 08:06 PM
r/s will suffer if not sufficient funds to provide basic items on the table n over the head. why? very simple. in sillypore, plenty of singles/wolves who r preying for women who r unahppy with ur marriage. if we, as hubby cant fulfill their basic desire, with little conscience, they tend to seek for better provider.
life is simple... dun complicate it...
jimbo

how very true......and so it all boils down to the $$$ problem again. WOMEN ONLY GO FOR $$$$$

bro snakehead

Lowell
19-09-2005, 08:14 PM
thats true. Unfortunately, women nowadays are that shallow.

Shallow to the core.

so......love 'em and leave 'em. and if one comes along thats good, keep her and treasure her.

The rest....fuck 'em :)

lovedoggie
19-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Girls love rich guys, but the question is will the rich guys out there be so stupid as to bonk only one girl when there are queues of girls drying to get bonked by him in exchange for $$$.

Girls who are dreaming of marrying a rich husband ..... dream on ba ...

Lowell
19-09-2005, 08:32 PM
its strange lor.

I go into relationships with both eyes open. Because of what I do for a living, I'm considered to be "prime" catch. Not my words, the words of one of my friends.

I'm really not being arrogant, but I've experienced what it is like to be "wanted" because of your social status.

It sucks.

Those bloody women are only after one thing. Status. So I've learnt to be very careful before I get burnt.

And after all these wise words.......I'm right now in a relationship thats so sucky that sometimes i want to kill myself.

But thats another story for another time.........

lovedoggie
19-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Since u know they after $$$ and not your person, then just bonk n go on to the next one. Bonk the same one over n over again also will sian 1 lor.

Fantastic4
19-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Since u know they after $$$ and not your person, then just bonk n go on to the next one. Bonk the same one over n over again also will sian 1 lor.

Bro lovedoggie...tatz a gd one.
Cheers :D

Lowell
19-09-2005, 08:57 PM
heh.

I'm going to see my girlfriend afterwards.

I guess by tonight I will know whether I still have a girlfriend or not.

And one day, I shall tell my sad story to all my brothers here.

Wish me luck gentlemen...i'm going to need it.

Fantastic4
19-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Bro Lowell...so sorry to learn abt ur sad story. but nevertheless, i wish u all the luck tat u can hv :D

CHeers

hose_lover
19-09-2005, 09:24 PM
aiyah, now is year 2005 alreadi.
who cares abt what your family, friends or relatives say or think.
If you really like him, who can stop you.
I tell you the real reason why is cos' people tend to stick around with the people from their same class. Say u go poly u mix with your poly friends. U go U mix with U friends. After u go work, these friends still are your friends and u still hang around with them. And at work u mix around more with people from your same dept. So very rare u wil see a U grad mix with a odd job labourer.
But that doesn't mean this cannot happen rite.
Those people that say things are actually very narrow minded one.
For e.g, do they actually see and talk to the odd job bf before they pass the comments? Do they find out more about his background? What makes him takes up this job? What friends he makes with? How much he earn?
No rite? So what right has they to judge your bf?
Only u yourself knows best what u want.
I also see many U grads marry poly bf what. So what's there to be embarass about?

Bro Hose Lover, what you said makes sense, but in reality, that might not be the case. For eg, the gal holds a degree and holds a high position whereas the guy is juz a PSLE holder doing odd jobs. She might feel embarrass, esp infront of family and friends. U dun expect her to say "Hey my hubby is a construction worker"

This is just my opinion. There is no pun or offence intended. I apologise beforehand shd any bros here feel offended.

Fantastic4
19-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Bro Hose lover....pardon me if i m wrong, but i get the impression tat u r those who dun bother abt hw others see u & the things u do. That's a gd thing. However, not everyone has the same attitude as u. I wld say it differs from person to person.

hose_lover
19-09-2005, 11:44 PM
No lah. Actually it takes a lot of courage and determination to do something different. Different from your friends etc. Initally sure got people will talk one. But if your marriage is successful and blessed afterwards, people will keep their mouth shut liao. And then the kapoh newspaper reporter may even come and interview you. Then when singaporean read about your news, they will feel it's normal and no big deal liao.