PDA

View Full Version : Novel every CAT4O Cheongster/ Tiraks/ Bangkok visitors should read!

lestat_666
15-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Hello, this is my first post so hope you guys out there will be nice.

I've recently read this novel; Private Dancer by Stephen Leather and found that in it contained many truths about commercial sex in general and the ending of the story has a moral many of us forget: never trust a Thai girl. I strongly recommend this book to all samsters but particularly to CAT 40 ones.

It can be read online for free (link provided near end of post) or bought for around 25 SGD at Kinokuniya.

Many guys here refuse to listen to older samsters' advice on relationships with whores but this book provides such a provocative insight into the culture of Thais and mindset of Thai whores that you will really start to think twice the next time you decide to tip them or buy them gifts in the hope of making them your "girlfriend".

Here is an extracted synopsis:

"I don't know if it was love at first sight, but it was pretty close. She had the longest hair I'd ever seen, jet black and almost down to her waist. She had soft brown eyes that made my heart melt, long legs that just wouldn't quit and a figure to die for. She was naked except for a pair of black leather ankle boots with small chrome chains on the side. I think it was the boots that did it for me.

... The novel is set in Thailand in 1996. Pete, a young travel writer, wanders into a Bangkok bar and meets the love of his life.Pete thinks that Joy is the girl of his dreams: young, stunningly pretty, and one of the top-earning go-go dancers in Nana Plaza. What follows is a roller-coaster ride of sex, drugs, lies and murder, as Pete discovers that his very own private dancer is not all that she claims to be. And that far from being the girl of his dreams, Joy is his own personal nightmare.

Often described as the best book ever written about the Bangkok bar scene, Private Dancer has been a huge hit around the world, and has been downloaded in more than forty countries. "

It can be downloaded for free here:

http://www.stephenleather.com/unpub.html

Hope you enjoy the book!

subband
16-09-2005, 05:37 PM
This book was discussed way back in year 2003 if I not wrong. I will recommend this book to anyone, not just BKK chongetsers because it is such a compelling read.

However, please read this book with a general mindset and not treating it as a bible. Yes, I aggreed this book might be based on a true incident, but as most hot selling books, salt and spices are added to keep it compelling and thats how the story developed.

redlord
16-09-2005, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=lestat_666]Hello, this is my first post so hope you guys out there will be nice.

I've recently read this novel; Private Dancer by Stephen Leather and found that in it contained many truths about commercial sex in general and the ending of the story has a moral many of us forget: never trust a Thai girl. I strongly recommend this book to all samsters but particularly to CAT 40 ones.

what a good good==real ===life===good novel of the priavte dancer life! contained all truths about how the women {on commercial sex } about their lair to the the men in the richer country .
i woudnt says that the best but its realry reedom good ,i totally agree to all about the moral truths lots of farang friends of mine also got cheater by thai women ,they will tell richers country boyfri to give more money and buy land doing small buniness and sent money to them every single month .
after somtimes they will find a thai boyfri and feed on them with very small amount of money , a years ago , i went to see {monk long pa kun} at
korak {nakhon ratchasima} i staying in a village of my friend and one case i saw in my own eyes :eek:
a farang using his thai wife name to buy land ,he went after laos for visa after 2 days i saw him ,we will eat & drink together before he went to laos ....afterwhile his wife and thai man came to my fri place to buychicken ,she told us this my 2nd hubby that farange didnt know! :eek:

Jun|ch|
16-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Yes it's a very good read.
Cheongster will definitely find it very entertaining.
But like subband said, dont treat it as a bible.

Entertaining and intriguing... :D

Most can relate their experiences with the story itself.

siamcutey
17-09-2005, 12:54 AM
http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=14894

The thread is here. 78 pages in total, can slowly read through all the flames, all the fire, all the sympathies, all the tears, all the.....

Read it and you will know :D

hahaha
SC

Jun|ch|
17-09-2005, 09:23 PM
so how can you relate to the story?
is it the pii chai character in the story? :D

no lah i meant most people are able to relate the happenings between their girls and themselves to the book itself,for example father sick lah and all the sweet nothings. I read the book a yr back already.A bit forget the story liao...tried looking for the book in bkk book stores.But cannot find.hehe...i forget the piichai role in the story liao...for me the role not same lah.. :D