PDA

View Full Version : Employment Contract Unfair to Employer of FDW

Sammyboy RSS Feed
28-02-2014, 06:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

This letter to ST Forum was left unpublished despite the obvious hard truths avoided in MOM recent
Why are we handled like mushrooms.... kept in the dark and fed wit shit.

lDear Forum Editor:

I agree with Ms Choo that employer of domestic maid or FDW
needs protection too - ST 24 February.

After hiring FDWs for over two decades without problem, I had the
misfortunate of abnormal trend of FDW hires with 5 maids not fulfilling their
2-year employment contracts in consecutive three years.

One was jailed for stealing while another left after 9 and 14 months
to get married back home. All knew that contract does not matter as
all they need to do is to take refuge in Indonesian embassy which even
pays their taxi fare and provides good food and lodging plus tele-viewing
and internet surfing in comfort.

In one case the FDW claim wrongdoing against me and the embassy took up the matter resulting in MOM initiating Labour Court proceeding. Athough the matter was resolved amicably it remains an unpleasant matter as the wrong-doers sought and got help from their embassy to brow-beat their employers using MOM to achieve their sinister motive forcing
employers to repatriate them home without any penalty irrespective of whatever breach of contract; even jailed FDWs must be paid for flight home!
I have lost a lot of insurance premiums as refund was only possible under
first 6 months.

Agency fee although with guranteed free replacement was often
ignored by Agency. Complaints to MOM has fallen on deaf ears.

I wish to state that insurance companies must be made to refund full pro rated balances to employers as that is the way insurance works. Surely insurance companies are not in the business of making money out of the miseries of others. Agencies takes commission but does nothing in chasing for refund.
MOM should put right the one-sided contract and absurd insurance refund practise.Since embassies champion the maid, they shou;d also pay for the maid's repatriation.

Last but not least such employment contrasct is grosssly unfair, why should it be enforceable?etter to ST...

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?176066-Employment-Contract-Unfair-to-Employer-of-FDW&goto=newpost).