PDA

View Full Version : Mothership, George Yeo, Philip Yeo and potato chips

Sammyboy RSS Feed
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

You can't possibly get a weirder combination. Disgraced former minister George Yeo who was decisively booted out of politics by the good men and women of Aljunied is now head of the new social media website mothership.sg. As many pointed out, this is a PAP outfit and they were spot on. Some have suggested it should be renamed motherfucker but that's beside the point.

Philip Yeo is also a key player. The perennial underformer with no useful talent outside the PAP establishment and no useful contribution ever to Singapore's economy apart from lap-dogging his political master's wishes has been roped in as well. I suspect Lim Swee Say will also be roped in after he has lost the 2016 GE to WP's East Coast team lead by Gerald Giam. This combination should be potent.

PM Lee Hsien Loong has made it clear losers have no place in his administration, and George Yeo, being a loser, is no exception. I see George Yeo's helming of mothership as an attempt to make a feeble comeback, possibly in preparation for grander things ahead. George Yeo still has his supporters in the PAP camp, a few of whom are still sore over Aljunied 2011. I won't be surprised Georgie is gearing up a younger cohort of ambitious PAP leaders to try to make change from within and break the PAP away from the monopoly of right-wing diehards closely affiliated and still intensely loyal to both Lee Kuan Yew and Lee Hsien Loong.

But whatever the case is, expect mothership.sg to soon become a laughing stock of local social media circles. The younger PAP establishment are starting to think that since you can't beat the crowd, you might as well join them, and hopefully present a moderate alternative to the vociferous cacophony of anti-PAP resentment circulating the web of a 24-hr basis. But I expect them to fail miserably. If the mindset has not changed, it is difficult to expect these chaps to change the PAP from within. They will merely be trying to play the same tune with just a few notes different.

Potato chips Belmont Lay is in too. If you observe him, he has been hopping all over the place for the past few years trying desperately to make his mark but failing due to lack of substance. And I'm not even talking about being pro or anti estab. This is a chap who couldn't even pen a coherent pro PAP piece if he wanted. It is no surprise that he has officially, like ANdrew Loh, joined establishment ranks in order to get accepted and gain more exposure to key members. Nicole was right to leave him. I am willing to bet part of her depression was due to finding out what a shallow guy he truly was.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?174122-Mothership-George-Yeo-Philip-Yeo-and-potato-chips&goto=newpost).