PDA

View Full Version : Arun Ratnaa is indian or pinoy f name?

Sammyboy RSS Feed
03-02-2014, 06:40 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

1/3
https://www.facebook.com/arun.ratnaa
As many of you would know, I'm a huge fan of Dempsey. It is home to many lovely establishments and I've never had a truly bad experience. However, that all changed over the weekend when I went to Don Quijote. Having received rather bad service at the door, I sent the management a note. Being in the F&B industry myself, I appreciate it when someone gives me a heads up on bad service.

However, I wasn’t expecting the reply that owner Ken Lim sent.
“In eight words, who the **** do you think you are?”

We are constantly complaining about the lack of service culture in Singapore and attribute it to a general lack of staff in the industry. Sure, the lack of staff is one reason – less staff, lower standards of service. We’re in an industry wide crunch and everyone’s trying their best to cope. So Mr Ken, I do understand where you’re coming from. What better way to save time on service recovery then a templated “**** you?”

Of course it does not help when owners themselves validate bad service but Mr Ken, I’m neither mad nor upset about your reply. I’d just like a glass of whatever you were drinking.

Arun Ratnaa

2/3
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/q71/s720x720/1013778_10153758949035405_1686137410_n.jpg

3/3

People like to react to sensational tit bits... without actually knowing the facts... You posted what you wanted everyone to see and hear, without the full facts and I wonder how you manage to call yourself a professional of any industry, whether F&B or other..

Here's the parts you left out.. That my staff in question was at no point rude to you and in fact apologized several times that we were not able to accommodate you, but for whatever reasons you had, maybe showing off to friend, you decided to get abusive instead and even your email was racist, pointing out a Filipino staff with bad service, where because her command of the English language isn't as high as yours, and maybe could have explained things better, but instead you flew the coop and then followed up with a scathing email, signing off with your company credentials..?

Was your visit in a personal or corporate capacity? Were you emailing us in your "professional" (I would have to use this word very loosely with you) capacity and complaining as a representative of your company?

I will not engage any further exchange with you, whether be it online and in any other medium so you may continue with your banter about how professional you actually are and what a victim you were when what I have is my now 8th year reputation for having higher-than-most standards of service to stand on.

Bottom line.. If you had written to us in a personal capacity, I would be bestowed every courtesy that is bestowed on ALL our customers.. But because you chose to do so with your corporate details and titles, to me, seeing that you are "a professional in the F&B industry", to me, you should not go up to someone else's house and kick the gate because if you do, then you should be prepared to get bitten by the dog. In my opinion your deplorable behavior towards both my staff and us all collectively was bully-like and racist-like which just added to things and I responded accordingly.

Ken Lim
Proprietor
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?174112-Arun-Ratnaa-is-indian-or-pinoy-f-name&goto=newpost).